On The Shores of Despair Pt. 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder sat cross legged comfortably by the fire on a log after polishing her arrows ~

" Gosh thanks lots Pwda that could have taken all night with out your help Pwdn i like to keep them clean as possible" she said rapping them up and put them away. From her leather bag she took out a brush and started pulling at the knots and small twigs in her long white hair staring into the fire in a calm restful manor. " Are we to camp here " she asked. " It feels like it will snow soon, I can start on making a few quick make shelters or is there a inn any ware near enough? " Cinder inquired as she pulled the brush through her hair. "I would love a candy Frad " she excepted " You are most thoughtful " she winked and held out her hand.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

While sharpening his tanto's and short sword and examining Marala Vharc for any gouges or nics, the aasimar overheard the dwarf grumbling to his mount about his sweets, and then handing Zarae some of them.

Veraka noted Cinder's little ploy on Frad for some of his sweets, and jumped on the opportunity; "Frad, though I know that you wanna keep your stocks up, I've never been able to indulge myself in those odd candies that everyone seems to enjoy. Would you mind if I grabbed a couple from ya?" he asked, deciding to be a little more cautious in his question.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

(well, I'll see yall next opportunity to get on. i'm posting this now b/c it's likely my last chance. but this occurs later, while folks are resting...so go ahead with the other events as just assume i'm quietly listening or standing guard.)

Zarae listened but remained quiet, just watching the small fire. the stories were interesting. but the young drowess enjoyed stories.

after a while (hr or so?) turns were decided for watch.

twords the end of her watch, since she volunteered to take last shift, she silently got up and pulled out the water breathing scroll. in her bag was some of the precious ink from her home city, the one that glowed, and she wrote carefully on the back in the drow script a note.
[center:lc7r8dq4]sorry to leave. old problems must take care of. life/death reasons. continue to help the villagers, they aremore important. will join back as the Lady wills.
-Zarae Zyne[/center:lc7r8dq4]
at the end was her house glyph, a habit when signing her name.
she pulled out the fire berries and set them with the scroll/letter and left it with the group leader, Adian.

they had only a little bit more travel to go, if Pyoro was right, to the outpost. and then 3 more days to the cave.
mostly, Zarae didnt want to be the cause of any of their deaths. and if she didnt stop those, she would be at fault. with sadness she quietly walked to Moonlight and rubbed his neck. she slid on his back and with one last silent goodbye she was heading back twords the way they came.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Bio breathed in the aroma of the braided grass, relaxing a bit.

"Thank you Cinder, that helped to take the edge off."

"You want to hear my story?"

Bio hesitates a moment and then starts to tell his story.

A lot has happened since I saw you guys last. I got teleported to the realm of my father where I was forced to fight or get killed. Soon a side of me came out that I didn't like, I began to enjoy killing because it made me feel stronger. I took this up with my father and he told me that it is part of me, it was like that for him and now its like that for. He draw pleasure from telling me that. I then realized what he was trying to make me, a ruthless killer, a pawn he can use. I began to refuse his orders to fight and that made him mad.

I awoke one morning to find myself in a maze and the only way out was to fight my way out. This was my fathers way to force me to kill. By the time I got out of the maze my hunger for killing was overwhelming. My father had accomplished what he set out to do, or so he thought. I was determined to break his hold on me. Time passed and I learned how to control the hunger but I had to get away from the environment I was in. So I came back here wanting to help you in anyway I can. I realized that here I had to kill to keep my strength up and that I was vulnerable , but I can't just go around killing innocent beings and follow in the steps of my father. I decided to stay, no matter what. I had to make up for all the death I was responsible for. Even if it meant dying doing so.

And that is how I came to be here with you."

Bio looks ashamed and turns his head facing the fire again. He can barely keep eye contact with anyone in the group.

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Frad was glad for the opportunity to show off again, especially since it was Zarae. "Mint, they call it. A versatile 'erb used fer sweets, cookin' of all kinds though lamb an' mutton most, an' tha courts like ta have some handy fer chewin' on when talkin' ta royalty, tastes pretty nasty when ya have it raw but keeps the scent on yer breath an' tha noble types eat some pretty rancid stuff. Give sec." He sorted through his pockets, finding a handkerchief and unfolded it to show Zarae the contents, a small number of pressed mint leaves. "Keep 'em on me, press the thing over me face whenever I'm made ta go through some awful stench. That's yer 'erb right there."

Cinder's subtle request was grudgingly accepted, though he did insist on showing off, placing a bonbon over his thumb and flicking it over to Cinder in a high arc with the intent of having it land on her tongue if she tried to catch it that way, though if she just wished to grab for it that would be fine. Veraka's request caused him to make a pained face and reach an arm to the skies in feigned exasperation at these attempts of his precious treasures. "Tell ya what, if ya can take this one off me" he held one out in his hand, the others dropped into a pouch "then ya can have it."

He didn't seem to stand much chance and indeed he knew that, but he could still try and psych out the aasimar by implying he knew something about this that his friend didn't. Plus, Frad was quite good at sleight of hand tricks.

Lyon listened quietly to Biot's story, as did Frad, who seemed somewhat shamed for his earlier harsh words. Pwdn too, though less quietly, gasps of horror escaping her as he spoke of what happened. And knowing that such a curse was well beyond even her abilities to lift. A geas she should undo, but one placed by a deity and bound in his own blood? "I'm so sorry, Biot. It must have been terrible,"
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot looks up at Pwdn with a slight look of relieve on his face.

"Thank you for understanding Pwdn. You must excuse me if I come over strange sometimes. I havn't had someone to talk to in a long time."

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka put on a pouting expression, and crossed his arms; "now that's not fair," he jested towards the dwarf, "here I come, all the way to this remote area, find you and the group, tell you how much wit is in that skull of yours, and you deny me a simple taste of something sweet. Just plain not fair." Though he was doing his best impression of a saddened face, secretly it was these little jest-offs between the dwarf and himself that kept his spirits up. For the aasimar had come in search of his friend, Aurora, and hopes that she is alright.

Hearing Biot's background caused him to pause, and look over at the half-drow; "you say that you're cursed by an affliction to kill because you need to; I believe I can relate to that, Biot. I myself have a darkness inside of me, that, once provoked, will stop at nothing to destroy everything in it's path. Though I believe that everyone in this group is already familiar with that darkness that lurks inside of me. So I believe I can honestly say I know how you feel," the storm warrior said to Biot, giving him nod in the process.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Pwdn bowed her head humbly, her voice sad both for him and for what she had to say. "You shouldn't thank me. For all that I do understand, and you have all my sympathies for what has happened, I see no way in which we will not come into conflict for this burden. If it were simply combat you crave I could help you shoulder its' weight, but I cannot allow death without necessity. I am truly sorry."

In the night when Zarae left Pwdn was awake and had been walking through the snow on the outskirts their camp to think on the day's events, having rested long already and risen early to meed the dawn; she was waiting by Moonlight as Zarae went to leave. She didn't speak to ask why Zarae had to part ways with them or ask to accompany her, no fuss being made, understanding that the secrecy in which she left was important to her. A simple embrace in farewell, and then she returned to her bed to allow her friend to leave. It was a lasting pain, to have left in secret, and as she would share all burdens she allowed Zarae the small comfort of having been understood and wished well on her journey, even if she had wanted to avoid saying goodbye. In Pwdn's experience, this was rarely unwelcome and never did any harm.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder rolled up in her furry hides a woke to the sound of birds singing, she squinted her eyes and raised a brow. peering out of her rapping she spotted a small flock in the distant, it was them thows mangy fowl she thought. " I'll have those flashy feather for the ends of my new arrows she whispered to Pwdn.. Quickly she darted up gear in hand and signalled Meldrinus already knowing what would be his destination. He was silent his hooves seemingly not to even touch the ground he parked himself behind a pine with a clear shot. They were busy squawking over the kill on the ground left by Boits handy work. She sent a silent spell that lulled them into a stupper it was not a difficult task she thought as she pulled back her bow her aim was straight and quick and others followed as they stared at her in shock as they fell to the ground one by one. Two managed to escape. She knelt down beside the kill and sprinkled a herb over the birds saying a prayer. She was soon riding back to the camp with 6 birds dangling from two strings of hide rapped around there necks. They were about the size of partridge so six would make a descent enough stew for breakfast.

Pwdn had started a fire " were was Zarae " she asked as she was pulling feathers off the birds tucking the more beautiful ones into her bag. Pwdn explained she had a task of some kind and had to go but would return. " I am sorry I missed saying good bye i shall miss her " she said regretfully.

I will just take these away from the campsite a ways and clean them. (( I am assuming there is a pack horse with the provisions and a few pots to cook.)) Cinder returned with the cleaned birds and ask Pwdn if she would like to join her in making breakfast before very one was up. " I think something hardy is due after a long day battling the day before " she suggested.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Lyon and Frad were quick to go about breakfast that morning, eager to be on the move. Frad was upsed to see no sign of Zarae, but Pwdn assured him she would be back and so he resigned himself to waiting for her to return.

Lyon was still deep in thought about the future, how he ought to act, how he'd like to act, what hid father would say when he saw him next and how proud he'd be. Things were really going his way, all he had to do was survive this quest and with Pwdn's help that was quite possible.

Pwdn had politely refused the food Cinder had offered, instead choosing a simple half-loaf of bread to eat and helping everyone with packing up camp as best she could. She showed especial attention to Biot, sympathising with his burden and wanting him to be assured that despite the differences they might have and their opposing ideaologies, she did not dislike him.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder cooked the meat in a broth with herbs and brought some to Adain in a wooden bowl with some bread, she felt sorry for her out burts the day before and hoped he would appreiate something warm on a chilly winter morning.~

" We will all miss Zarae i think, she will be safe and return very soon Frad " she said sittting beside Adian as she finished her breakfast. " Zarae is very resourseful you need not worry Frad we will all pray for her safe return to us. " Cinder said in a comforting tone.

She packed her things and gave Maldrinus a quike brushing then asked if any one had drinking skins to fill she was going to a open stream she spotted to fill hers and would be glad to fill others.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The resting aasimar opened his weary eyes as he heard voices in his head; seeing Cinder had already cooked up a breakfast, he removed his helm and sat it on his belt, clipping it place. He got some of Cinder's delicious cooked meal, ate, then proceeded back to his own camp area.

It was Cinder's comment about Zarae that caught his attention; "I wouldn't worry to much about her; she's been through worse hells than whatever caused her departure. Trust me, I was there when her house went down. Though, that was quite a few years ago," he paused, a look of sorrow and worry crossing his face. He looked on the verge of sadness, "and that was when I had Aurora with me."
He quickly packed up his camp and then made his way over to the group, intent on finding his friend.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" I would love to hear about your wolf " Cinder enquired to Verake. " Having such a companions must be an enriching experience, I am so sorry for your loss I can't imagine losing Meldrinus we are quite bonded. Perhaps we can ride together and you can tell me about her." she offered.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Hearing the druid, Veraka raised his head and small smile formed on his face; "that would be welcome reprieve from the recent hardships, I'd like that," he said, accepting Cinder's offer.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian had met the news of Zarae's departure with concern, but could only conclude that she had her reasons.

As the party mounted up the next morning, Adian was again busy with the map, re-orienting himself and plotting out a course.

"The outpost should be visible by midday, and we'll probably reach it this afternoon," he said. "As near as I can make out there should be a trail that way that goes straight to it."