On The Shores of Despair Pt. 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((She's not actually using a spell, technically this is a rather clever mundane use of her engulf attack. I would say that even heavy stains have little enough effective HP for the effect to be instantaneous.))

Pwdn slipped lithely from the saddle and over his shoulders, seeming to wash over him and clearing away the caked blood as she went. She quietly and unobtrusively did the same for Cinder, the sensation when unarmoured a little like putting your hand in warm water while wearing a waterproof glove, then slipping back via Veraka to Phenix again. To Biot she smiled and held out her hand as they travelled to offer the same help, just as he'd asked. "You did not sleep well last night?"

She sympathised, remembering her early encounters with the sparsely covered wooden pews that the temple used. As a previously pampered girl and after a long journey, she had of course made a horrible fuss. It was only later the next day that she'd learned just how much trouble she'd caused and from that one moment stemmed her whole career. Still, it wasn't pleasant to sleep rough and this climate was very cold. "You may borrow my bedroll if you like?"

Lyon had drifted off into reverie, and Frad was deciding how to greet Zarae when she returned. The boys, for now, were quiet though Frad vas giving Veraka the odd look and sizing him up for a snowball.
Last edited by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder reached out for the glove and took it is her small hand~

" It is perfect Verake, I will do my very best and use all my abilities for you, it could take some time but i will focus on this task when ever time permits " she assured him. " perhaps I will ride quietly now as long as there is no immediate need for my attention except to ride to our destination." she smiled at him and turned her attention to the sounds of the forest.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[quote:3qfh6bdr]" you are quiet this morning Adian " she said turning her head in his direction.[/quote:3qfh6bdr]

"Just thinking," he said. But thank you for your concern. Actually I am rather enjoying the telling of our tales...and if our spirits are lifted for them then all the better."

He grinned at Veraka, relieved that the storm warrior had begun to recover from his bout of melancholy.

Alas he doubted he had any tales to tell...certainly not of the caliber of Veraka's and Cinder's.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was happy when Pwdn worked her miraculous ability on his armor, giving it back its original luster and shine.
"My thanks, lady Pwdn," the aasimar said in grateful tone.

He also nodded his thanks to Cinder; if he knew that Aurora was alive, he swore he'd destroy anything in his path to make sure she was safe. He silently swore that he'd raise the Hells and the Abyss if it meant getting Aurora back safely.

Seeing Adian give him a grin, he returned it with a thumbs up, grateful for camaraderie of his companions.
"You know guys, I honestly wasn't expecting anyone, you guys, of all people, to give a damn about my problems, or to even assist me in their fulfillment," he finally said, particularly to Pwdn, Cinder and Adian. Once more a smile crossed the aasimar's features.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

"Very much a pleasure, though you needn't be so formal." Pwdn always felt a little guilty when people addressed her as nobility, though flattered. "And if I am able to help at all, in finding your friend, you have only to ask."
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

" Perhaphs we can put our heads together and between your skills and mine Pwdn we can find our friends companion. I have an idea that might work it involves some of my bird friends this evening i will try and contact me owl friend. "

~Cinder opened her mind in doing so she told Adain that if he needed her attention on something concerning what we were all here to do just signal her. She hoped Biot was adjusting to the changes he had been through and looked in his direction only to find him and Frad chatting about something or, other all in the group seemed fine so she turned her attention to the forest and the breeze that moved through the trees.~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked again to Cinder, but she was focused on the nature around her, so he decided to leave her be and let her do what she could.

Turning to Pwdn, the aasimar looked to her and said, "though there might not be a need for formality, I find it appropriate for the situation; after all you are willing to assist me and Cinder in finding Aurora, hopefully. That, in my book, is something that I take to heart, and respect it with the highest sense of honor," he paused and looked up to the sky, in contemplation; "though I'm no longer part of the tribe of Black Lion, I still maintain my barbarian sense of honor, and such an act of generosity is to be recognized among that sense of honor."

Pwdn's reaction brought a glimmer of hope to the aasimar's radiant silver eyes; "anything you can do to help, please don't hesitate to try. Aurora means a lot to me."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" There are a pack of wolves at a safe distance south west of were we are now " Cinder blurted out " they seem they are not on the move or on a hunt maybe there bellies are full from a late night hunt. "

" Verake may i ask what happened and where, am i looking for a wounded creature? I must say a lone wolf is something that will stand out, and some birds tend to gossip allot. Is she wounded ? She may have attracted the attention of a local healer. " she held the glove closely to her heart and looked straight into Verake's eyes.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The warrior recalled what he could about Aurora before she disappeared; "she did take off quite suddenly, so she will be by her self," he finally said

"But keep this in mind, Cinder, a good-aligned winter wolf will attract two things to themselves; one is fear from all whom look upon her, and the other is wrath from either a village defending itself, or from other creatures, like another winter wolf pack or something of the like, whom would view her as weak and attack her on sight, or perhaps . . . " he trailed off the sentence as his face acquired a new grim look to it.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinders eyes darted to the horizon scanning it intensely with her mind to the west she glared looking throw shadows in her mind, then to the east the sun was already over her head. Her silk scarf over her eyes protected her sensitive eyes though they remained closed knowing Melddrinus would follow the group. " it does not seem she has passed Verake to the other worlds. " she said with confidents.

A flock of jet black crows appeared squawking to each other and circled the group several times, then set out to the south in silence. She looked at Verake with hope and passed him his glove. " time will bring results soon enough brave warroir "
is all she ould say at this time.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar let out an audible sigh of relief; "that's probably the first piece of good news I've heard all day about her," he said as he accepted his glove back.

Pulling the armored glove back over his hand, Veraka flexed his arm muscles and balled his fist; "I swear I'll find her, if it's the last thing I do as a living, breathing person."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

Biot walked closer to Pwdn with a shy smile on his face. "Sorry about that, I've never seen a cleaning spell before. I normally washed myself in the swamps when I was dirty. All the same, will you be able to clean my clothes please, it has a few days worth of dirt on it."

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Good news indeed," Adian said. "And since she was lost in this region, she will eventually find her way to you if your bond is even half of what you say."

The change in attitude had lightened the day considerably in Adian's eyes, and he was able to focus more clearly on the job at hand...getting them to the outpost. They should be sighting it in only a couple of more hours...barring the unexpected.
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder was still focused on the breez that brew throw the trees listening intently. Finaly she put her hand on the warroirs shoulder. " Verake i may need something small and light with your sent on it, if things go as planned I wil have a vist from a snowy owl this night and she will take your sent to your friend and lead her to you. " She said calmy.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was deep in thought when a light grip touched his shoulder. He looked to Cinder and then looked over himself to see what item, or object, would be light and compact enough for an owl to carry.

Looking down, he saw his amulet totem of the Black Lion, the symbol and only memory item that'd been given to him by his tribe when he'd left them to seek training as a paladin and weapons master. He undid the chain-link that kept the totem around his neck and handed it to Cinder, saying "here, this is the lightest object I carry on my person; though it is very sacred to me and my tribe."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix