The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Alak turns his head, slightly, to regard the strangely dressed lady.

"Your manner of dress reminds me of the clockwork masters of Lantan. Some of them garb themselves in heavy leather aprons and the heaviest linens to protect themselves from the heat of their inventions. Still, others make the clothing itself their invention, and those most closely resemble your own dress."

He smiles, not taking his eyes off of Nyssa or Ariali for more than a second or two at a time, but his gaze darts back and forth as the conversation seems divided.

"Ussta kaas zhah Alak Chathrosin. It is a pleasure to meet you," This addressed to Chalithra but then to all the travelers gathered near, "to meet all of you."
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

Her eyes shift from the female and back to Alak. Her head tilts ever so slightly as she listens to all he has to say on her manner of dress. A glance down at her own garb and one hand runs almost subconsciously down her corset. There is the smallest of twitches of her lips as if she is suppressing a smile.

"Usstan tlun ul'kas Chalithra." She looks as if she might continue but she clamps her lips closed tightly for a moment before a forced smile dances over her features though the welcoming offer dies in her eyes. "Ol zhah natha ssrigg'tul ulu thalra dos Alak Chathrosin."

She shrugs slightly before taking a sip of her wine. There is a bare wrinkle to her nose as she releases an almost wistful sigh.

"I would that I could claim such, the clothing is something I picked up during my meanderings. I found the style pleasing to the eye and pleasing to the form."
L'veirs ulu l'ssussun dos inbau l'olathur l'veldrin doera
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

Lothir snorts at Alak's comment on caution promoting health. "Aye, it was like that where I come from, too. I'd say there's a bit in common between our homes."

He turns at the female's question, and after washing down a bite of his dinner, he replies. "Terriliis is far from here. VERY far. On another world, in fact. Might be why you've never heard of it. I ah, accidentally came here through a portal I opened unintentionally. But I'm finding this place to be most interesting."

He pauses a moment to listen to the introductions, then suddenly remembers his own manners. "Vendui. Ussta kaas zhah Lothir E'Terrin'dar, Ust Dalharuk d'l'Ust Qu'ellar d'Argonia." He says, using the formal greeting and name. He bows politely from his seat. "But you may simply call me Lothir. I am pleased to meet you, Alak, Chalithra."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa acknowledges those who have joined the table with a smile and turns her attentions back to her scroll, but not before noticing the new ladies robes as well. She makes a mental note of them before recalling the story. "I do love your dress...especially your corset. I am quite fond of them. Though I find they are not practical for running through the forest".

She turns back to Alak and Arali.

"This is not the account of the ending of the Promenade but it was in my possession not too long ago. This one was personal." Nyssa stands up and lifts her shirt slightly. "it's how i came by this." She runs her fingers over a large perfectly straight scar on her hip. Over it was a tattoo of crescent moon. "I was just a child..." Her voice wanders off as if lost in thought.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Taking stock of the surroundings, Alak carefully places the plate he had been eating from gently down on a nearby table to the gathered.

"Senger E'Terrin'dar, it is a pleasure to meet a noble, as always. Though it is strange to find one on the surface in light filled lands.

Perhaps there is some similarity between your home and my own."

He shrugs with a smile. "For many many reasons, I've left, and so it seems have we all."

The pretty dark elf orders another drink from a waitress as she passes. "A Tethyrian Red, if you don't mind. Bronwyn is it?" He beams disarmingly as she seems momentarily taken aback for him to know her name. "I heard it earlier among the gentleman over there. You are as pretty as they say." She blushes slightly and takes refill orders from each of those seated and returns to the bar back.

"I'm a bit torn, sometimes," he muses, mostly to Lothir but also to Nyssa. "I want vengeance against those who have taken from me, but at the same time I am grateful that I have yet to be taken. I love life, so very much. My own and that of those for whom I have a caring at least."

"So how many have gathered here by chance, and how many are traveling companions, if I may ask? I'm a bit of a loner, myself. At least in recent months."
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa puts her shirt down when it is appearent no one is paying attention to her drifting off. Her lavender eyes harden at the word vengeance, but Cymus' loud purr snaps her back to reality. She sits back down and orders another wine..

"Cymus and I have traveled together since I summoned him the night I became a druid." She turns her head letting her hair fall around her ears as she looks at the large panther. She flips her silvered hair over her shoulder and turns to Alak.

"It's just he and I. All of these people, I met here. And I don't think there is a drow settlement nearby. Otherwise there would be more deaths." The waitress comes, delivering her wine as she turns her attention back to the scroll she was reading.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali not wanting to take over or interupt conversation ask Nyssa, "what happened? if i may ask?"

((sorry, alot of people and busy with other rp's, got behind.))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Ah, FORMER noble, good Alak. I have forsaken my House and home. As have many of us, I imagine. I traveled here alone, as did most of the others here. You spoke of vengeance- against whom, might I ask? All life is precious, and vengenace should only ever be a last resort of justice."

He turns to Nyssa. "So what shrine was it?"

Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

She's listened to the others speak in silence, seeming to be lost in her own thoughts. A slow sip of wine is taken, the liquid rolled over her tongue whilst she savored the rich taste.

The more formal introduction by the male has her lips twitching upwards in a smile granted the expression dies in her eyes.

"Another world? Planes hopper then are you?" Again the male is offered a smile this time wicked mischief dances in her gaze. "Portals are dangerous things, take you all sorts of places, not always places you want to go either." She tilts her head, one hand rises to push a few errant strands of white from tickling against her cheek. "I'm glad you've enjoyed your stay thus far."

Pressing her lips together tightly she watches the woman lift her shirt, one white brow lifting though she says nothing. Her brows however furrow ever so slightly even as she shakes her head.

Keen blue eyes shift to Alak, her smile returns though her gaze remains unchanged. "I am alone in my travels." Another sip of wine is taken as she allows her attention to drift over the many faces in the tavern.

The talk of vengeance being a last resort has her ghost of a smile turning into a full blown grin, there is a certain malice in her eyes though the expression soon enough washes from pretty features being replaced once again by that ever stoic calm.
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

((Sorry, missed a bit))

As if the thought had just dawned on her her attention swings to Nyssa. "I don't do much running about in the forest so it doesn't really get in my way." Her hand eases down to run lightly over the thick brocade of the corset. "I do thank you."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard glances ovr at the female in the strange attire, and gives her a lop-sided grin. "Ah, I'm not usually in the habit of plane-hopping, as you put it. It was purely accidental. I was examining the runes on an arch at a shrine I came across, and somehow triggerd the portal to open. Unfortunately, it turned out to be one-way- thus my being stranded here." He chuckles lightly, his ice-blue eyes full of self-depricating humor. "It was a case of my insatiable curiosity getting the better of me, I'm afraid."

Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

She grins beatifically as she allows her own striking blue eyes to dance over his features a bit more closely now.

"I have heard a saying since being in the world above. Something about cats and their curiosity....."

Her head tilts slightly as her eyes narrow, her mind flitting for the exact saying. Another bright grin dances over her features at long last lighting her eyes. A sharp snap of her fingers.

"Curiosity killed the cat." Nodding once to herself, certain she'd gotten it right. "Yes, that is it."

A soft laugh escapes her, the sound held an addictive quality.

"Or....in your case....gets them sucked into portals hm?"

Shifting slightly in her seat, there is the quiet sound of rustling linen as she crosses one long leg over the other. She leans closer against her own table, elbows coming to rest on the table top whilst her hands support her head. Despite the relaxed air she exudes her back remains ramrod straight.

"How do you find Abeir-Toril thus far? How long have you been here?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Ah, yes," he says, chuckling. "I've heard that one too. I suppose tht's why cats are supposed to have nine lives- that way they have a few t spare for such occasions!"

He gives her a warm yet playful smile, and leans back slightly to give the obviously flirtatious female a better view of his clearly lean and well-toned frame. He stretches his long legs out away from the table, and takes another drink form his wine-glass.

"I've been here a little over a year- your time. Not sure if it runs the same as on my world, though. For all I know, I could have been gone a hundred years. I like it here, so far, though. Never met so many drow who were not spider-kissers."

Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

The angling of his body is not missed and she offers a mischievous grin. She does not bother to hide the further perusal of his frame. It seems second nature for her to be so brazen. Nodding she shrugs one shoulder, her nose wrinkling slightly.

"I have far more affinity for scaled creatures verses furred things. But I must admit a certain fondness for the little beasts particular. The one aboard The Havoc was such a ferocious beastie. I did not however like the little creatures he hunted. They have a fierce bite when you are sleeping!"

Her brows furrow heavily as she absently rubs her hand against her own right shoulder wincing slightly in memory. Her free hand moves to her own glass drawing the last of the wine from it. The glass is held aloft, a silent request for more.

"A year. Not so very long. Do you find yourself accustomed the brightness of the world above?"

Once again her brow furrows slightly this time there is a note of annoyance in her gaze. The sun is such a painful thing.

"It is never dark...even when they say it is. Most disconcerting!"
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Oh...sorry. I was distracted," Nyssa says as her brain re-focuses on the conversation. "It is a little bright for my eyes, but I'm not of full drow blood, so unfortunately I cannot understand your pain."

"To answer your questions, this was a very small temple in North Dambrath. Just before the forest of Amlar in Shaar. It's where I was raised. The women who perished there were my family." Nyssa rolls up the scroll and puts it in her bag, then downs her glass of wine and, like Chalithra, raises her glass in a silent request for more.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~