The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

because she was an elf and not a true wolf, she had no problems with panthers. but few panthers would chat with her in her wolf form.
"fine companion. tho you didnt miss much. are you from here or a extra-planer traveler also?"
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard grins. "As far as I know, I'm the only one who isn't from here. As to how I came to Toril, that is a somewhat embarrassing story. I was traveling through some forest hills with two companions when a group of orcs attacked. We got separated during the fight, and since I was in unfamiliar territory, I got thoroughly lost trying to find them again. I finally found a small shrine with several arches in a clearing, and thought to wait for them there. I eventually got bored and began studying the runes on the arches, and- I accidentally activated a portal and went through it before I even realized it was there. Unfortunately, it seems to have been one-way, and now I'm more-or-less stuck here until I can find some way back. But I like it here, so it's not so bad. I do miss my friends, though."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn smiled, "Perhaps I should introduce you to a friend of mine. Decent wizard, might help get you out of this situation, should you ever feel the need to return to your home plane, though a sad day that will be for myself, if no one else." He smiled, "If nothing else, he might just reward you for the chance to investigate new magic."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"A sad day? Elwyn, surely you're not suggesting you would miss me? Thought you weren't the type to want company!" He grins at the human. "And what do you mean about rewarding me? New magic? I'm not sure how that relates."

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

"Yes, I am from here. Not this place...but this realm. Where are you from?" Nyssa asked.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn shurgged, and took a pull from his mug, "Interpret it as you will. And besides, those arches sound fascinating. I think he would enjoy very much examining the arches."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"originally, Evermeet, but my clan tends to dwell in what many call the Feywilds, another realm."
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

The awe on Nyssa's face was priceless. "Wow. I've never actually met someone from Evermeet. I always wanted to go there. I hear it's it the most peaceful place. Harmonious. But alas. i'm half-drow so that is unlikely to happen."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"Lothir said that also. I dont understand why. It's foolish to do so even those who follow the Lady. I expect the Seldrine powerful enough to know those who did and those who didnt. My clan's home there is very peaceful, but I enjoy exploring and traveling. Where do you come from?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"I think it was simply a case of bad feelings overriding reason, either that, or the simply felt it was better to be safe than sorry. I've heard some Vearhaunians occasionally infiltrate the ranks of her faithful, so perhaps it was simply a precaution. Besides, the wards were meant to keep out ALL intruders, regardless of race. I understand even humans are not allowed to visit. A pity, but I can certainly understand why. They simply wish to keep their sanctum pure and unspoiled."

NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa smiled, remembering her parents and where she came from. "I chose the path my parents did. My mother is a Priestess of the Dark Maiden. She was born in Sshamath to a merchant house. She left when the Dark Maiden called to her in a vision. Her family has since perished, but they were all followers of Lolth." Nyssa puts down her glass and sighs deeply.

"When my mother left to answer the call of Eilistraee, she meet my father. He's a human druid who just happened to have chosen Eilistraee as his patron. They travelled together and walked the path of the Dark Maiden together. They are nomads. As am I."

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"I guess it makes since, but still wrong. I have heard of some who she makes 'appearences' to. my clan honors her as part of the Seldrine, with Selune." directing the question to Nyssa, "do you enjoy the nomadic life?" Ariali did! she loved to travel and explore the world. but some in her clan preferred to settle in one location and build up a life.
she listened then wondered, "So are all yall traveling companions or individuals who met here?"

((i edited it, i realized i left some out before))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir looks at the others, and shrugs. "We just met here. Speaking of her making appearances, that's how I found her. She had been calling to me, and one night I finally found a way to the surface, and saw her. I've been a faithful ever since." He smiles a little at the memory, as if it means a great deal.

Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

The drow cut a strange figure, stepping into the Inn.

It wasn't so much his race, despite being a small example of a Drow to begin with. It was rather his Wizardly robes, appearing for those who knew to be similar in nature to those of the Thayan thaumaturges. Sigils and symbols evocative of elementalism adorned the left side of his front opening, while the right side had a prayer to the Eternal Flame sewn in the lilting elven script with obvious Illythiri context.

These crimson robes beamed out in contrast to the black silk pants that dipped from beneath, tucked into the softest dark leather riding boots. A baldric running down his left shoulder to his right hip met a belt about his robed waist, this supporting a frog for a silver rapier, a brown leather bag which smelled of incense and sulfur, and a soft silk bag which contained at least two objects of spherical shape.

A seperate pouch clinked at his left side, opposite the component pouch and blade, hinting at coin.

The drow took in the room with a glance, and somehow managed to convey mirth and indifference with the same set of eyes, the two combining to create an emotional lovechild called boredom. He walked past human, dwarven, and elven guests alike, smaller than most but the occasional halfling, and took a seat at the bar.

"Are you the barkeep?" He asked of Stan Ironshield. "I'd like a glass of your Rosemary Peach wine, as I've heard of it as far as Nyltabar. Its made quite an impression. A bowl of your venison stew and some lemon custard if all is prepared quickly. I'm too hungry for the waiting. If it can't be, and I quite understand, then whatever you have that's recently made will more than suffice, good Saer."

He seemed to steel himself against the possibility of attack, an old and lingering habit, and when his order was simply taken, he sighed with a combination of relief and disappointment, before rolling around the stool to look at the guests that were previously at his back. So many elves were not surprising. The surface faeblooded seemed to adore the other races. Yet, his eyes picked out a few dark elves as well, and that was a thing unheard of north of Dambrath.

His thoughts of Dambrath seemed ironic as he spotted one of mixed blood and part of that Drow. He smiled a quirky grin, one side doing all the work. Still, it never hurt to be civil until it was time to be otherwise. Receiving his drink and told of only a short wait on the food, he thanked Barkeep Ironshield and raised his glass to the table of adventurers speaking by the wayside, promptly sipping a long slow draw from the glass, its taste reminding him that civilization may hide in human lands, but that it can be found never the less.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali was about to speak when the door open and a male drow wizard walked in and headed to the counter. He looked a bit apprehensive as he sat their and ordered a meal.
He turned to them, and did a weird custom.
Shyly she responded, "vendui."