The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth smiles warmly "You are too kind, Il split the tab with you, I wouldn't want to be too much of a bother." Gareth leans back slightly in the chair. "So Lothir, How did you come to meet these two wonderful guests? Family in-law? Eh?" Gareth chuckles at his own quip. "If they're from another plane it must be something very important." Gareth sits up from sudden curiosity in the topic.

Xyris sits back in his seat, being quite silent "Indeed, Especially if their from another plane." Xyris takes a flask out and puts the wine in it, A flask that would keep giving him wine forever under the right incantations. "What a peculiar subject."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"Ah, no, same plane, different sphere," Vala clarifies. "Another world much like this one, and still very much on the Prime. You might say it's merely across the stars- do you have spelljamming ships here?" She asks, not certain if they have grasped the distinction.

"Gareth, do you remember when I told you where I came from, and how I got here? That shrine with the one-way gate? Well, I've been trying to find another way back, and finally had to settle for transporting them here instead. Now we're on a sort of tour of Faerun while we try to decide what to do next." Lothir leans back, proppinghis feet up on an empty seat.

"How we met... Ha! That's a tale in iteslf..." Palax says, shaking his head. "It seems SOMEONE had gone and annoyed his family by disappearing, and they sent agents out to return him. Those agents were causing all sorts of problems for the folk of the kingdom we were residing in, and as atonement for a minor trasgresion-"

"My brother lost his temper and drew his blade inside a public business and fought a duel." Vala interrupts, earning her a quick glare from the knight.

"As I was saying, I was sent out to bring them to the proper authorities to answer for their crimes. While we were chasing down one of them after she murdered a tavern wench, we saw her shoot an acid arrow at some rider, and the horse fell on him. Vala insisted we stop to render aid, and it wasn't until we had done so that we discovered the so-called innocent victim was a drow." He looks slightly annoyed, then continues. "I was all for leaving him there, thinking it was one of the ones we were after- we had no idea what they were doing there at the time, mind you- and continuing the chase after the female wizard. Instead we ended up dragging him along, because he was injured and Vala insisted on helping him, but by the time we caught up with the soldiers who had gone ahead to catch her, they were all dead."

He levels an accusing glare at the drow, before he continues. "More than two dozen people died because of those drow, and nearly as many were injured by a fireball that witch tossed at Vala inside a church when we finally found her."

"No, YOU were taking the heads of the other agents back to the Magistrate. WE two were the ones who fought her." Vala corrects him, getting another dark look.

"Long story short, They got me out of a rather nasty situation with my family, including my homicidal half-sister, who was the one tossing around the fireballs." The bard says uncomfortably, cutting the tale off. "I had helped Palax and Vala battle the other agents, but they both fell during the fight, and then Morganna hit me with a rock, and took me captive while they were still unconscious. The incident in the church happened a few days later after I managed to get away. While I was tied up, my mother had ordered Morganna to kill me after I insulted Lolth and renounced ties to our House. She was not happy."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth goes straight faced "Thats a rather grim tale, i suppose, And the only way i think you could get back, short from finding a gate back, Is getting a spelljammer, Those cost an arm and a leg... and the whole damn body too, It would take a fortune, or a master thief, then if you guys knew what the co-ordinance were you could fly your happy little selves all the way home, so to speak." Gareth sighed. "We could give it a try." Gareth speaks up a little "Does anyone in the bar own a spelljammer? No? Okay nevermind."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[quote:1k1ppmlf]"Does anyone in the bar own a spelljammer? No? Okay nevermind."[/quote:1k1ppmlf]

At that exact moment, a fully armed and very bloodily-armored Onix barged through the inn's door, with one of his katanas dripping blood, and turned his helmet towards the group as Gareth finished his rather odd, sarcastic question.

"Sorry, they're all on vacation, until further notice; I let you know when they get back from they're leave, or when my ship returns in system," he replies with his usual dry wit and pulling out a cloth as he starts to whip his blade clean of the dripping red paint.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali didnt realize it, but she was zoning in and out all the while giggling as she was leaning forward, head on her arms on the table.
"spell jammer? just teleport. I have reached some odd realms via that."
that second she hiccuped/burped. then her face was as red as a tomatoe (or a better analogy).
"oh, my. that was me?"
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Xryris half stood and gripped a potion, "What happened?" Gareth chirped, "Are you wounded? And how badly?" Xyris stood with a needle, some thread, and a cotton swab, some medicine bottles also jingled from his pack. "Ugh, You look like you rolled down a tomato patch, I hope that blood isn't all yours" Gareth slicks his hair back.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded, noting just how much blood was on the soldier's armor; "Just what in the fierfek [b:30vnxw92]did[/b:30vnxw92] you do?"

The clone turned to Veraka and said "do you want the long story or the nut-shelled version?" The question was really an open one to the entire group.

Turning back around to Xyris, Onix nodded, "mostly bruises I've got, but somehow, those damn bastards did manage to open up a good gash here," he peeled back one of the redder sections of his armor on his left arm, revealing a medium-sized gash wound, that went decently deep into the heavily muscled arm.
He looked up to Xyris, "you wouldn't happen to have an topical ointments or the like?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Topical ointments? Hah. No, but i do have some gel i can put on the wound, it will make the swelling go down, and the dis-coloration to go too. But first that gash... Put your arm on the table..." Xyris took out a brownish bottle, cleansing alcohol swirled around slowly in the bottle, Xyris quickly spotted the gash and took the cotton swab. "You may feel a slight discomfort in the arm." He then pressed the alcohol soaked swab to his wound, The area went numb and he went to work with the needle, sewing it quickly and then putting a bandage around the stitches.

"Your going to have a scar. It might go away though."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Teleporting or Spelljammer, either way, we would have to know where our destination was, or we could end up in far worse straits than simply stranded on a foreign world. Anyway, I did finally manage to find someone willing and able to reconnect us, but now she wants to keep the gate she opened closed for the time being until it can be secured for permanent travel. In other words, there will be a permanent connection, but it has to be warded and protected first, so it's locked in the meantime. She said we could use it in two year. So now we're just looking for something to do in the interim, until Palax can go back. Vala and I have decided to stay here, at least for a while. A friend of mine has offered us a home in a rebuilt eleven city called Lothen." The drow says, answering everyone at once.

When Onix enters, he grins and holds up his glass. "Well, will you look at what the displacer beast dragged in. Small world, Onix, is it not? Sweet Goddess, man, you look like you were on the losing end of a cherry pie fight."

"I might be able to help, good sir," Vala says to the new-comer. "I can do a little bit of healing. It's not much, but it will help." She moves over to where Veraka and Onix are, and lays a hand over his wounded arm. She chants softly for a moment, her eyes glowing slightly as a pale greenish light spreads over the wound. It begins to close slowly, until it is nearly gone, leaving only a sight trace of a scar. "This should go a way in a few days. Will that do?" she asks. All of the smaller injuries are healed as well.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix shrugs away the pain as Xyris does his work on the clone's injured arm; "A scar eh; one more to my already large collection," the clone snickered, despite the burning sensation that coursed trhough his arm, then numbed it.

Looking to Lothir, the clone chuckled "Alright the nut-shelled version it is; a was just going on a nice run through the woods, and stumble myself upon a pathetic, but numbered gang deciding to try their odds out on a couple of half-elven women," the clone starts out, accepting Vala's help with nod.

"Well, rape and me don't exactly get along in the same room, so I decided to show those fierfekkers what I thought of their little idea of fun, and gave them a nice up-close view of the business end of my swords; all twenty of them, that is; and so, there you have it." He finished with a low growl, all the while wiping his katana off with the now-blood soaked cloth.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(eh, im bored and making fun of the character so im gunna have her do some crazy things since her drink was a bit too strong.)

Ariali nodded to him. he was right. afterall, she had ened up in places she wouldnt have ever thought existed.
while everyone was helping patch up the alien being, Ariali, for some reason unknown to even her (stupid drink...:lol: and im guessing this is how people act as im not sure) got up on the raised platform that was used as a stage and began to sing. good for her was the fact that most people had left for the day or was about their business.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Palax looks over at the small stage platform, and shakes his head. "It seems your friend there has had a BIT too much spirits..." He says.

"I'll get some coffee to sober her up. Would you mind getting her off the stage before she falls?" Lothir asks, and the paladin rolls his eyes, but nods and goes over to try to coax Ariali down.

Vala looks at Onix sympathetically, and smiles. "Good for you, sir. And I hope you showed them just what it feels like to have something shoved where it shouldn't be!"

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Looking over to Ariali, the clone gave Veraka a slight nudge; "I think we have ourselves a new light-weight, so you've been ousted for that rank."

Veraka shook his head at Onix, who merely laughed. Turning to regard Vala, he said "Let me just put it this way, ma'am; if any of them aren't dead by now they'll wake up to find their pride missing and in very bloody way; and if impaling someone with this," he indicates his katana, "counts toward your list, then I think you'll be most pleased with the results I dished them."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

She nods and chuckles softly, with an impish grin. "As it should be, good sir. I myself have made cooked sausage of a few who had tried that tack with me. It was the worst wienie-roast I've ever seen!" She snickers, and offers up a toast to Onix.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

ariali's voice was rather beautiful and she could surprisingly carry a tune. the melody carried well and she felt freer than she usually did do to her introverted nature.
she was about to start with dances she had seen the follows of the dark maiden do, but the male came over to get her.
she abruntly paused to look at him, her face red again as she just stood there. she found herself confused at everything. and now she just wanted to run.