The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn stretched his hand forward, and the same metallic sand came forth again, and after a moment of roiling, shaped itself into a decent replica of the rose Lothir gave her. "Hmm, interesting flower, difficult to make. Is it poisonous?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((copied from 2, didnt see 3 before posting))

When Elwyn appeared, "I'm sorry I must have taken your spot. I can move. Then he pulled up another seat.
Ariali blushed a little at the show, flowers, and attention. She never saw herself as pretty or even beautiful. And all the attention was new to her.
"I supose I look a bit different than most wild elves. My kin are not well know and were are different."
She wasnt sure if she should say she was Lythari. Most equated with werewolves with evil.
mention of poisonious startled her a second as she gave a questioned look to Elwyn.

((sorry, habit from other RP. i fixed it. note to self- pay better attention...lol))
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Elwyn, not Zazzt))

Elwyn smiled, "It is a red color. In the desert red is a dangerous color. That is why our clan is called the Red Sand, we use the very sand as our weapon. And there are not many elves in the desert, so to me, you are a wonderful person, I too am not like most humans alive, so I can hardly judge people for their eccentricities."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"And you of all people should know about eccentricities, eh?" He quips, chuckling softly. Then the bard looks at Elwyn in dismay.

"You've never seen a rose before? How long have you been out of the desert, friend? I should think anyone would know the 'flower of love' when they see it. The red color symbolizes romance and passion. They do come in other hues, as well- pink, yellow, white, lavender, even mixes of any of those. I've even occasionally heard of blue or black ones, but those are supposedly very rare."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged, "I left the desert to finish my Art, not learn about the flower of love. I have been out of the desert for almost five months, yet I have not encountered such a flower, in fact I had thought they would be sources of water, but they turned out to be flimsy things. I suppose I ignored them."

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

She smiled at Lothir and at his joke. "Eccentricities? such as one following the Dark Maiden? or human who dwells in waterless lands?" she turned tword Elwyn, "some flowers are useful in medicines and foods. My kin make much use of them. black roses tho, are a darkly beauty and their rarety makes them more special. but I never thought to put much stock in color," one could see in her natural colored clothes (however u would word that) of tans and blacks.
"No place I call home really. the closest would be the forest of Evermeet. But my clan travels much between worlds."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir shrugs. "A pity you don't take more time to appreciate things simply for themselves, Elwyn. Life is too short not to. A flower may seem a frail and fleeting thing, but they lend so much joy to one's life. Surely you must get tired of the company of your puppets. They don't add much lively conversation, certainly." His lips curl in a wry smile, before he turns bacl to Ariali, and he nods.

"The eccentriities I mentioned had to do with his chosen profession, though I'm at a loss as to how one could make a living building puppets out of once-living beings- unless it was for some macabre carnival." He stifles a snort of laughter, and takes a sip of his wine before continuing. "Evermeet? I would give almost anything to visit that fair isle. Sadly, we 'illithir' are not permitted there- even those of us who follow the Maiden. Perhaps someday that will change, though. As to colors, I spent half my life in dark caverns where there was no color at all, only grey and brown and black shades. I'll take as much color in my life as I can get!"

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"puppets? those are toys little girls play with?" she asked innocently. She was unaccustomed to many of the things having lived her life in forest. "wait, out of living things?" her face showed the confusion with some horrified look creeping in her gold eyes.

"Evermeets nice, we stick to the forest and unbothered by any. especially since lythari are not understood by other. But I enjoy traveling to other worlds and exploring. my clan thinks I crazy for wanting to do so. Why would yall not be allowed on the Island? I guess I have taken advantage of the colors around me. If I had lived underground I supose I would appreciate them more. earthly tones are better for forest life. So where do you come from.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow looks to Elwyn for a moment, not quite sure how to explain the human's odd penchant for making his "art" from the bodies of the dead. "Like life-sized marionettes without strings, I think. Except that he makes them out of dead bodies, and stuffs them with gears and springs and such, and all sorts of weapons, too. Don't ask, milady- I don't quite understand it either."

He glances at her in puzzlement. "You didn't know? Your kin must have REALLY kept to yourselves then. Drow are forbidden on Evermeet, mostly because so many of them follow that vithin Spider Queen. I hear they even made it part of the mythal barrier around the island. I suppose they were only trying to keep things safe, but it does seem a bit unfair."

He shrugs. "It hardly matters, though. I'm content with things as they are. I've done a bit of planar travel myself, though I must admit that it was entirely accidental. That's how I ended up here on Faerun. I'm not from this particular world," he says, then frowns. "You said you were lythari? That explains what is different. I've never actually met one before. I have heard of a few of them back on my home world, but I always thought it was just a legend."

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"I think I would rather not know," trying to not be rude.
"It does seam wrong to not allow one because of their race. My particular clan honors the Seldrine, including Eilistraee and Selune. But our evil 'cousins' so to say, are more well known. my kin are few and they do tend to keep to themselves. I am actually one of the few to adventure extensively. Legends of good werewolves? not too unlike legends of good drow? So what world do you come from?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow laughs a little. "I meant lythari, the elven lycans. Now that I think about it, though, good drow are pretty much a legend too, at least where I come from. The world is called Asharra, but most simply call it by the name of the mainland, Anterris. I was born on the island nation of Argonia, as are most drow."

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

She laughs with him. "so you [i:15egvs5h]do [/i:15egvs5h]believe we're elven. I say 'cousins' to those who cant get their mind to accept that. but I'm no more kin to them as you. It's possible we have ventured to your world if you know of us. I have only traveled a little in my four decades. my mother is clan leader and doesnt permit such travel until the middle of our third decade. How did you come to this world if I may ask?"
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa watches the interactions of her table mates in silence.

((just to let you know i'm still here))
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i thought u had been talking with the other guy who hasnt replied yet...i musta missed it...figures i would... Im so sorry or i would have said something...))

should I go back and edit...?i need to read more carefully now i supose...

Ariali says hello to the other sitting. She got caught up in this place and scolded herself. "I'm Ariali of the Silver Shadow tribe. Are you from here?"
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

((We'll just say that I was spaced out and not paying attention.))

Nyssa extends her hand. "I am Nyssa, druid priestess of the Dark Maiden. And that is Cymus, my companion." She tilts her head toward the panther sitting by the fire. "it's nice to meet you. i feel like I missed something even though I was sitting right here. i was totally spaced out, but i was here."
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~