The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

To the bold surface elf, Alak winks and replies, "Vendui, lu'z'ress d'chath tlu belbaunin dos. Though I imagine that you're as disinclined to hear the words of the Flamelord as He is to hear yours. It remains wise to take strength from whence it comes. Can I offer you a drink? I have a few coins from Urmlaspyr still with me. Gold nobles and silver ravens alike."

The dark skinned elf's head tilts to the side as if considering something prophetic or important about the glass of wine, and after some consideration, he downs the liquid in a gulp.

"Uncivilized, I know, but the craving was there." His smile returns bright as bonfire, even as his eyes dart about the Inn still cautious, still looking for threat or danger.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i'm hoping the other get a chance to post before it gets too far ahead.))

She smiled shyly. first a rose, then many friendly faces and now an offer for a drink. She didnt know what to think. Was this normal for (city folk).
"I'm good sir. but thank you."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"A might jumpy, are we?" says the bard from his seat, grinning. He returns the strangers salute with his own glass. "Vendui, good sir."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa finally looks up from the scroll she had started to read amidst all of the chatter. She pushed the sheet of silver hair out of her lavender eyes and replies to the drow male who has just entered. "Vendui" she responds, smiling sweetly. "Xal l'blessings d'l'Olath Wenress tlu xuil dos." She studied his crimson robes with great curiosity before noticing the look on Ariali's face.

She turned to her newest female companion. "Are you alright?" she asks with a tone of genuine concern.
Last edited by NyssaRilynana on Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alu xuil lil dumoasen del lil quar''valsharess
Go with the blessings of the goddess

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((this ones Ariali, just in case...))

Ariali turns to twords Nyssa, "yes, it just...alot of people..."
she didnt know how to say it.
she clears her throut, "so what are reading?" hoping to take focus off herself.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa looks up from her scroll. "It's account of the destruction of a Eilistraeean temple." She runs her fingers lightly over writing. They seem like scratches made with a quill that didn't have enough ink.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"like braile?" she asked more curious now.
NyssaRilynana
Maid
Maid

Post by NyssaRilynana »

Nyssa chuckles softly and tosses her hair over her shoulder. "No. It's not braile. One of the Dark Ladies, with her dying breath, sought justice for the slaughtered maidens of Eilistraee. she didn't have time to find more ink....some of it is even mixed with her blood." Nyssa tilts the scroll so Ariali can see.

~Nyssa Vasafay Rilynana~
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

The door opened with practiced ease allowing the small drow female entrance within the Inns welcoming embrace. There was only a brief pause, long enough for the heavy wooden door to swing closed behind her, long enough for bright blue eyes to dance over the current patrons. There were wet streaks down her cheeks as if she'd been crying. A small whisper of a smile tickles its way over ruby lips before she continued moving forward with a serpentine grace that was so typical amongst her race. Booted heels clicked sharply on the wooden floor, accented perfectly by the quiet rustle of worn linen skirts.

Her stride carried her to one of the empty tables. Easing herself into a chair she releases a soft sigh of relief. She seemed all too pleased to be off her feet. One gloved hand rose to wipe away the damp from her skin. Those tears do not seem to come from any true sadness as is evidenced by the brighter smile came to pretty features as she was approached by one of the barmaids.

"Oh, yes, please.... cherry wine sounds delectable...I'll have a glass of that annnnnd......" Her head tilts as she seems to ponder. "Yes...the chicken?" Confusion dances over her features for a moment but that is wiped away with an almost angelic grin.
L'veirs ulu l'ssussun dos inbau l'olathur l'veldrin doera
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"oh, it looked different. which temple?"
then the door opened and another guest walked in.
[color=green:2gqp6cla]quite a busy day[/color:2gqp6cla], she thought.
the female walked over and sat at another table.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"There must be a settlement somewhere Below near here. I've not seen this many fellow drow since I left home!" Lothir says in amazement, to no one in particular. "If not for the lack of people getting killed, I'd swear this was the Widow's Den back in Terrillis."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Alak_Chathrosin
Maid
Maid

Post by Alak_Chathrosin »

Coins appear from his bag, and tinkle from his hand to the wooden bar. He mouths quietly to the bartender, "The next three rounds are on me."

A mouth full of food, Alak's hands sweep up his plate, and he moves towards the gathered dark skinned elves and away from the bar. Though they sit casually, its plain to him that many of them are adventurers from the grace of their movements, the steel in their eyes, and the confidence in their words.

He moves passed Lothir, with a nod to him, speaking as he passes, "Jumpy? Oh yes. As are all who were raised as Menzobarranzir. It promotes health to be cautious."

He eyes Chalithra, primarily for the mode of dress, and shakes his head, amused. "I see Lantan's fashions are bleeding east."

His feet finally come to a halt near the half drow and her surface companion, close enough to be intimated into a conversation, but far enough away that he avoids being rude.

"I apologize for eavesdropping, but I heard something of a temple to the Dark Maiden being destroyed? I am not an adherent to the Lady's teachings, but I have companions who are. A small group of them were attacked near Waterdeep's South Ward by what witnesses have told me were followers of the Spider Queen's son. I had intended to seek out the temple called the Promenade, but, being a faithful of the Eternal Flame, I've never been invited, and so do not know the way. This accounting is not of the end of the Promenade, is it?"

While his speech begins with a pleasant smile on his face, his visage grows more determined as it progresses.
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

When the barmaid brings to her table her wine she smiles once more at the woman, tipping her head a bit in thanks. Her hand rises to remove the hat from her head, the other gloved hand rises to ensure that snow white locks are still neatly pulled back. Frowning ever so slightly she takes off her gloves, laying them carefully beside her hat that even now rests on the table before her.

Bright blue eyes shift to eye the male that spoke of Terrillis. A bare tilt of head in curiosity. Lothir seems to have drawn her attention for a time.

"Where is Terrillis?"

The mention of Lantan has her gaze drifting from one male to the other, Alak for the moment having her attention. He receives the same slow perusal of her gaze.

"I did come by Lantan way."

But his attention is on others and so she pulls her gaze from him and instead concentrates on the platter of food that has only now been delivered. There is a sharp furrowing of her brows as she eyes the plate looking very much as if it might just bite her. A deep breath is drawn in before she takes the first bite of the food. Chewing slowly she tilts her head her expression showing her contemplation. Apparently deciding that she likes it she languidly begins devouring her meal.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"Vendui," the Lythari spoke to the newest comer. then Ariali noticed the wizard join and also ask about the temple.
Chalithra
Maid
Maid

Post by Chalithra »

Her attention swing from the meal she is currently devouring to the female who spoke. For a brief moment her gaze danced around uncertain as to whether or not she was indeed speaking to herself. An almost bashful smile creases her lips before she nods her head.

"Vendui."