The Half-Moon Inn and Fest Hall Part 3

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The knight listens with a thoughtful scowl to Onix's explaination, then nods. "I see. I must have mistaken it for one of those fellows on some ships who man the cannons." He shrugs.

At Veraka's comment, the drow laughs. "Why not? The more the merrier! Besides, you should know that my people believe in large families- the better to concquor the Underdark, you know- and speaking personally, twins happen to run in my family, so..." He shrugs, and shakes his head with a grin. "I'm joking, of course. Not that I'd mind a few more, but only with a certain lovely Lady with a heart- and other things- of gold..." He tosses his most charming smile Vala's way, and she giggles softly.

"You're incorigible!" she says, and rolls her eyes, but blushes rosy gold at his quip.

"You bring new meanting to the term 'smooth-talker'," mutters the knight disgustedly. "MUST you turn everything into some sort of innuendo or joke? I find it tiresome."

"That's because you never learned how to have fun. Pardon me if my exuberance is wearying to you, Palax, but after spending a lifetime skulking about in silence in stifling, oppressive caverns or aboard ships full of viscious, debauched pirates, I have this overwhelming urge to let loose and just be myself. It's liberating- you really should try it sometime." He smirks at the golden elf.

"I'll pass...." the half-dragon mutters, and lets out a long sigh of annoyance.

Then the drow woman begins to play and sing, and his head turns quickly to listen. He picks up his own gleaming black lute with the moon phases and dancing elf-maids around the rim, and soon finds the tune and joins in softly with a counter-point. He closes his eyes, simply enjoying the duet.

At the minotaur's entrance, all three heads of the drow and his companions turn. Lothir's jaw drops, and he looks almost excited to see sthe huge mass of hulking beast. "Now, THERE'S something you don't see every day!" he mutters in awe. "Never thought I might come across one of them. You see, Palax? This is why I like this place- you never know WHO might show up!"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks at Sir Palax, his helmet concealing his face; "Perhaps this will help." With that, the clone breaks the seal on his helmet and pulls it off; his face familiar to Veraka, Lothir and the others, but not Vala and Palax.

Staring the paladin down with his crimson orbs, Onix then turns his young half-elven face towards Vala; "Say what you will; yes, I probably look like a half-elf from where you hail from; but in truth, I'm a clone soldier, one of many, and if my ideas and other attributes are foreign to you, it is because, like you, I too am not from this realm." As he finished this statement, his voice had taken on a slight hardened edge to it, indicating his disdain for his position and lot in life.

Upon hearing the huge rumble, Veraka turned about just in time to see the huge minotaur enter the establishment and take a seat; at Lothir's statement, Veraka's face took on a grim expression; "there's just one thing that I'm worried about now."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"And what's that?" asks the drow, curious. "He doesn't seem too bad. At least he's not causing trouble."

Vala looks at Onix with an appraising eye. "I see nothing wrong with the way you look, good sirrah. You might have noticed that my brother and I are not precisely normal ourselves. I fully understand what it is like to be viewed with suspicion or fear." She gives him a sympathetic smile.

"A clone? That's utterly barbaric. Why would anyone create such?" The paladin says, a look of anger on his face. "At least you managed to escape your servitude. I salute you, fellow warrior, however you came to be."

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Onix looks to Palax, his face stern as a General's.
"No, Sir Palax; it is not as barbaric as you think; when your entire species is on the verge of extinction and fighting a losing war, you will go to any lengths necessary to win; I am living, walking example of that." Onix says shaking his head, and pointing at his armor to emphasize his point.

"Also, good knight, I did not escape my existence, I merely came here by odd and very unusually timed circumstances. I am Master Gunnery Sergeant Theta-180, Leader of Theta squad, part of the 501
st[/size:2xsbnp9u] Hunters Battalion. My sworn duty is to defend the citizens of the EASF, and keep any soldiers of our military alive at all costs."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Palax looks at him dubiously, but lets it drop. "In that case, I wish you luck in your fight, sir. Though I would hope your people are properly appreciative of wyour devotion to duty, in spite of your origins. If not, then you might wish to remind them of what you do for them." He pours another glass of wine, and gives him a silent toast.

Luexena Deana
Regular

Post by Luexena Deana »

[i:v3s4zadk]Think you found a soulmate, dear Delrum[/i:v3s4zadk]. Luexena grinned, casting an appreciative glance toward the other table. Her thin nimble fingers moving swiftly, interlacing in an intricate manner - [i:v3s4zadk]'I am grateful'[/i:v3s4zadk] - the drow signed quickly to Lothir, should he look her way, then she rested her dainty hand upon the side of her lute again.

The woman hanged the instrument on the back of her chair before nestling comfortably upon it again, stretching a bit tiredly, once more her attention turned to her companions. [i:v3s4zadk]Think it is a time you two order a meal and I go and get rid of this armor.[/i:v3s4zadk] She patted her thigh lightly, glancing to her heavy boots and pursing her lips. [i:v3s4zadk]Going to explore a little as well. Don't cause too much trouble without me, hmm?[/i:v3s4zadk]

She pushed herself up, rising fluidly, then looked around again. [i:v3s4zadk]Heard they have a fine garden too, something worth checking, hmm?[/i:v3s4zadk] Then the drow paused, giving a suspicious look to Caine. [i:v3s4zadk]And you, dear Caine, stay here. Wait to see if Rae arrives soon.[/i:v3s4zadk] With that she wandered off, moving deeper into the maze of the corridors and rooms of the inn, exploring the place curiously.
Calabask
Regular

Post by Calabask »

The dwarf let out a cheer and held his tankard up to the Minotaur,a wide smile forming on his face. He then turns his head to Luex and gives her a bit of a grin.[i:21r7qh7t] Oi. That may be true. I sense a kindre' spirit in that there minotaur, and I sense we might be able to drink this place dry. [/i:21r7qh7t]He'd then nod once again as she mentioned heading out to explode.[i:21r7qh7t] Ye be careful now. And don't pass out, otherwise, I migh' let the elffer dye yer hair that pin' he promised. I'll catch up with ye later. [/i:21r7qh7t] He then switched his gaze to the Barmaid and called out. [i:21r7qh7t]Oi! Give the Minotaur a roun' on me! And bring me some fried beef and brea'![/i:21r7qh7t]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[b:3sjwhxjg][u:3sjwhxjg]Attention!! Next person to post please post to Part 4[/size:3sjwhxjg][/u:3sjwhxjg][/b:3sjwhxjg]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix