Nigthmare of the Future

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali responded back, [i:1u4cli2j]sorta. but he says he got it under control. but you know him better. is he ok?[/i:1u4cli2j].
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:1avv0fe0]I do know that he is ok and very approachable at this moment; he's just going through the after effects of that berserker side of him. Rarely have I seen him been able to fully control that other side of his, and when I did, let's just say that he wasn't the same Veraka that I know.[/i:1avv0fe0] Aurora replied back to Ariali; [i:1avv0fe0]believe me when I say that if he's like this, he's approachable and quite safe, for the both of us.[/i:1avv0fe0]

Veraka finished explaining his tale to Gilmahs and his patrol. He noticed how the sun elves took it in. He noted Ariali chatting with Aurora.
[i:1avv0fe0]Probably for the better; at the very least, she's more comfortable with furball around.[/i:1avv0fe0]

Gilmahs nodded to Veraka as he finished up. He was appalled at how the storm warrior was capable of such atrocities, but at the same time, had understanding and pity for the aasimar, for he was cursed with a something that only he could control, which, up until now, was most of the time the other way around.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali trusting Aurora, got closer twords the group as he finished his explaination.
"so how much further? I just wonder how safe it is to leave the two out their for too long."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora padded in next to Ariali as she poised her question to the group.
Veraka looked to Gilmahs for an answer.

"I believe a couple hundred more steps will put us within the village perimeter," Gilmahs said to Ariali. Then, turning to his patrol, he signaled to move on, and the patrol proceeded onward.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii saw the group continue on the move, so she followed, keep enough of a distance to not be sensed but close enough to see and follow.
----
Ariali looked back, [color=green:1dfdw3km]I know your following[/color:1dfdw3km], she said to herself, [color=green:1dfdw3km]just dont make trouble[/color:1dfdw3km].
"then thats good news for Veraka. either he finds answers or a lead."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As Gilmahs predicted, within about two hundred steps, the patrol with Veraka, Ariali, and Aurora, along with the sneaking Drakin and Inrii, came upon the elven village that Gilmahs and his patrol were responsible for protecting.

Veraka went drop jaw as he saw that quite a bit of the village was actually elevated into the trees surrounding it, giving it an awe-striking appearance for one who wasn't used to arboreal homes. Most of the houses were built into the trees, all of which were connected via a rope-bridge system.

"Welcome to Ebilion," Gilmahs said, waving a hand to present his home village to his guests. He was obviously pleased with Veraka's reaction.
"Come, you will need to talk with the council elders before being allowed to visit the villages cleric."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali looked around to their home. "not too unlike my clan's home on Evermeet. tho we have different trees and a spring nearby."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka gave a surprised look to Ariali; "you're from Evermeet? I guess there's always a surprise, even for me."

Gilmahs had to chuckle at the blissful ignorance of the aasimar; "Veraka, you might be part celestial, but there are things that even solars cannot find easily."

Veraka rolled his eyes at the sun elf, which only brought about another chuckle. The sun elf led Veraka to a wide looking building. The structure was simple in design, with a low sloping a roof to it and a slender but tall entrance.
"You, Ariali may enter; also, bring the Ilythiiri in, you seem capable enough to control her, and after your outburst, she seems to have quelled down a bit." With that, the sun elf went through the entrance; Veraka followed suit, keeping a tight hand on Taberina, though she made no resistance to him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali chuckled. "i was born there, but nomads dwell where ever."
she followed them into the building. sense it was an elven structure, she didnt need to duck, it was just the right height.
--
Inrii looked to see if she could enter undetected; despite being invisible and disguised, a cleric would likely have some form of true seeing.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Once Veraka and Ariali went into the council building, Drakin and Inrii were stuck outside it. Drakin looked around, there was a hole in the roof, but he wasn't thrilled at this. Clerics often put spells of silence or sensing on holes such as these, and he wasn't thrilled at breathing in smoke.

Drakin smiled, though, there was always one place that clerics and wizards always forget to put their secrecy spells. Drakin moved to a side of the building that obscured him from view from the trail leading through the trees. He pulled out special climbing claws for his feet and hand as well as a wand.

"Be back soon," he whispered, assuming that Inrii was around. Instead of climbing up the building, he climbed under it. Hanging from the support beams he moved toward where the fire pit would be, and where everyone would be gathered. Once he got there he pulled out the wand from between his teeth.

Uttering the command word, the wand issued an intense beam. Controlling the power of the beam, Drakin slowly bored his way through the wood, until a small hole had formed. Voices came from above him.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka entered the building; as soon as he cleared the entrance, a potent smell of smoke hit him head on. He didn't mind, growing up among barbarians, one gets used to such smells easily.

Gilmahs bade them forward to the village council, whom were gathered around the central fire-pit, their elven features amplified by the light given off by the blaze.
"Greetings elders; my patrol and I have returned. ."
"And we see that you have brought guests none-the-less," one of them finished for him.

"Boy, they're sure arrogant lot," Veraka whispered, barely audible enough for Ariali to pick up on.

Taberina heard the warrior's comment, and leaned in, "for once you and I agree, spawn-of-angels."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii watched the assassin, [color=green:w68qaved]clever, but I got ways[/color:w68qaved].
she cast the spell to listen to the crowds thoughts as they discussed the situation.
----
she coughed as she entered. Ariali caught Veraka's comment and shushed him silently. no need to make them angerer.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked at Ariali smiling. He turned back to regard the elders as they finished listening to Gilmahs's report.

"So you are the one who seeks the help of our cleric, "a dark-haired elf spoke, " then speak; why do you seek our villages cleric?"

Gilmahs bade Veraka to step forward. The storm warrior did so.

"Yes, I am the one who is seeking this help; as to why I seek your priests help, I believe that I'd prefer to keep . . . "

The dark-haired one cut him off. "Either you tell us, or you'll not be permitted to enter our temple."

Veraka glared at him for a split-second, then continued on, "very well; I am seeking a cleric capable of understanding and identifying dreams and their potential meaning."

The elders seamed to stop and think for a second. Then a young-looking moon elf spoke up; "what kind of dream exactly are you inquiring about?" she asked.

"I'm not sure exactly what to make of it myself, all I know is it keeps on repeating itself every-time I drift to sleep."

This time, the dark-haired male spoke up, "well if you can't describe the type of dream you had, then tell us what it was about," he said, a hint of impatience in his voice.
"I'd rather not tal. . " he said, with reserve, being cut off again.
The male stood up; "look, [b:k70jcif8]boy[/b:k70jcif8], we don't have time to discuss semantics; if you want our help, then answer the question. If not, then good day to you."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(meow to the elf...lol))

Ariali looked to the elf with confusion about his hostility twords veraka. She knew ar-tel-quessir were halty, but this was something else. She kept silent, watching the interaction.
a teu-tel-quessir (moon elf) joined in the conversation.
[color=green:11o1v3w0]something's not right here[/color:11o1v3w0], she thought to herself.
----
Inrii caught the imediate thoughts of the group; especially Ariali's sense that something was up. She knew Drakin was close to hear what they were saying, so she cast telepathic link with the assassin so they could 'talk'.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((so says the jokester of the group :p ))
"Very well, [b:3fbmo550]sir[/b:3fbmo550]. My dream was pretty simple. . "
"Then please be out with it," the male snapped.
Veraka's voice acquired a very hard edge to it; "it usually takes place within a forest, thought which it is, I fail to recognize."

"What, or better yet, who is it about?" the female moon elf asked in a calming tone, sensing the warrior's growing frustration.

"It's about a dark elf, being drug by a yochol into the DemonWeb pits; she's begging, pleading on her knees for someone to grab her, pull out before she goes and joins Lolth; everytime it ends, I see her get pulled down and the fissure in the earth snaps shut."

Upon hearing the words from Veraka, Taberina shifted her gaze to the warrior, hiding her surprise from everyone but the two ninjas on the roof.

"It's about an Ilythiiri, a damned Ilythiiri of all things," the male exclaimed; "you want our cleric to understand your 'dream' when you have your drow right here," he said, pointing an accusing finger at Taberina.

Gilmahs intervened. "Elder, with respect, Veraka has kept her in rest. . ."

"Silence!" he said raising a hand, "I believe that you were fooled, my dear Gilmahs. This traveler has just wanted to play a jest upon us."

Upon hearing this, Veraka balled his hand into an armored fist, and was about to lay the smack down on the arrogant SOB, when a restraining hand caught him from behind.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix