Nigthmare of the Future

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"If by [b:7brq1j0o]hunting[/b:7brq1j0o], you mean that he's mockingly chasing me around and killing innocents for the fun of it, then yes, I'd suppose that'd sum it up," Veraka said, nodding.
"As for resting, that would be a nice change; however, there are the villagers that are still injured, and seeing as I'm the reason that they are in this state, I believe that I should assist the injured and dying in any way that I can. If you wish to scout ahead, then by all means do so, I however would appreciate it if you could assist me in helping those that need it; I will however leave it up to you to decide the course of action," Veraka said as he walked off to see whom he could grab from death's clutches.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((didnt realize there were people still alive...))
"show me where I can help, I have some healing spells available."
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((they're not all dead.))
"Come," Veraka said as he walked over to the village center; there were quite a few injured, the more serious ones were placed in a separate area, where the villages healers could help them in whatever way possible.
"Excuse me ma'am, do you require any assistance?" Veraka asked one of the clerics. The woman turned to her gaze upon him, and said "Whatever healing you can offer, please do so; we are overtaxed as it is. Please see to the critical ones if you can."
"Affirmative," and with that Veraka strode over to one dying and took off his pack looking for some of his curative potions.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

She followed the warrior, nervous about entering the building and being around what to her was alot of people.
Sucking up her fears, Ariali got to work, casting the healing spells on those seriously wounded. When she exhausted them, she helped Veraka with the potions.
when they were done she walked to the door of the building and stared out at the sky. Stars filled the night like little saphires strewn across the expanse. The moon was barely visible above the tree lines.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka finished packing up his pack, got up and walked over to where Ariali was standing.
"You have my thanks yet again for your assistance," looking out into the wilds of The Dales, he wondered how in the all the realms was he going to find a dream reader.
"Well Ariali, if you wish to scout ahead, then by all means, go ahead; if you do decide to do so, may ask one thing of you, would you mind if Aurora accompanied you?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

winking to Veraka, "if she can keep up."
She ran out and lept over a log like she was diving into a lake.
paws hit the dirt and then her back paws hit. Like a black shadow she ran, as Aurora caught up. The moonlight hit her gold eyes reflecting like a gem. A good mile away from camp she slowed, sniffing the area and looking for traces of anything unusual.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt opened his eyes, and saw that the two were still up and about. He sighed, and climbed off his impromptu bed. He walked to Veraka, and yawning called to him, "Are we skipping the sleep this night? Very well, if I must."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Skipping sleep, yes; rest, no. As it happens I have a couple of 'waker upers', so to speak," Veraka said as he produced a couple of bottles of shimmering blue fluid.
"They're basically concoction I whipped up myself while traveling with Aurora; one of these has kept me up and going for over twelve hours on end." he said as he offered Zazzt a bottle of fluid in an extended hand.

((think of it as FR version of a modern day Spike energy drink, only that doesn't have a crash to it.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

with the undead invasion, everything seamed amiss. nothing looked normal to spot the unusual.
[i:11egsir1]do you sense anything? I'm not familier with these woods or this part of the world.[/i:11egsir1]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora sniffed the air around her; nothing.
[i:9p4of11g]My nose is not picking up anything, but something doesn't feel right. It's not the presence of something, but rather the lingering presence that I detect. Keep your eyes open, and watch for traps.[/i:9p4of11g]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali nodded. She snuck further down the trail, ears and eyes attentive.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora felt something was wrong; she didn't know what it was, but she [b:2nk7bqkl]knew[/b:2nk7bqkl] something was wrong. She continued walking down the path, when her senses picked up something that wasn't of the surface world, and her nose picked up the smell of campfire, as faint as it could possible be, but the wind never lies. Scurrying over to Ariali, she said [i:2nk7bqkl]You smell that; some ones already in the vicinity and they don't smell of the surface.[/i:2nk7bqkl]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali noticed it too. she followed Aurora down the path.
[i:z2bdmkvv]not of surface? do you mean underdark or worse?[/i:z2bdmkvv]
they snuck to the camp to see,
much to their surprise...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Indeed the camp was not occupied by creatures of the surface; drow and fiends were mixed within the group that sat there, waiting for something happen.
[i:8uypluqi]It seems we have discovered a drow raiding party about to undertake their fowl plans. This is no ordinary raid[/i:8uypluqi] Aurora said to Ariali, noting the sheer number of drow within the camp, particularly the priestesses that had a leash on the lower level fiends within the camp.
[i:8uypluqi]This isn't good; if their target is the village that was just attacked, they won't be able to put up much of a fight.[/i:8uypluqi]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

[i:10lgxi3v]we better let the others know. and quickly.[/i:10lgxi3v]
Like all lythari, she abhorred fighting unless it was absolutely necessary to preserve life.