Nigthmare of the Future

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

By the time the poisoned dagger, thrown by the assassin, plunged into its stomach, the doppleganger was getting ready to go through another transformation; however, the poison that coated the dagger was not one that he expected to see in battle. A fast-acting paraylzing agent and nerve inhibitor was what was on the dagger. The doppleganger's polymorphism virtually stopped, giving a very angry winter wolf time to clamp her jaws onto his ankle and show him the ground up close.

Aurora knew when she was pissed, and right now she saw red; when the fireball/lighting combo had hit her dearest aasimar friend, she became the winter wolf that everyone in the realms feared.

Veraka felt like he was in an inferno in one of the Nine Hells for an instant; the next moment he was in a blizzard; realizing that Inrii had conjured up a decent counter element to chill the inferno. He then went to see the damage that the lighting had given him.
He felt no pain from his body; looking around he saw Ariali, and had to both mentally kick himself for not realizing her presence, and nod a thanks to both her and Inrii for their actions.
"How many times do I owe you for saving my shebs?" he asked Ariali, thought he was aware that Inrii had literally kept him from becoming a living fire-elemental.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin walked up to the doomed doppleganger. Aurora was still attached to its ankle, though it was ground to dust by now. Looking at the pitiful creature, he knew it would not last long enough to question, it was stuck between the shape of Veraka and that of an imp.

"So that's what a midget Veraka would look like," Drakin wondered aloud to himself, "Not a pretty sight."

Drakin removed the creature's head, causing it to revert back into it's original form. Drakin turned away from the hairless, goblin like creature that now laid dead in its place.

"Well you look like you came out fine," Drakin called to Veraka, "Despite almost becoming a roast."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka turned to Drakin; "Last I recall, nearly being a 'roast' was due, in no small part, to that maniacal brother of yours, more precisely, that gargoyle familiar of his!"

He remembered that event all to well; after following Drakin into the Hosttower, he'd unfortunately stumbled upon the familiar of Drakin's then-thought-dead brother. The gargoyle had then started to randomly throw cakes, pies and an assortment of other goodies that he'd "borrowed" from the local bakery at Veraka.
"Damn blasted over-sized imp threw the last treat at me; little did I know that he'd loaded it with one of your brothers more diabolical pyro-technic's; that thing came in, and sure as shit, KABOOOM! Blew up right in my damn face."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Ariali stopped once the second warrior was dead. she, throughly exhausted for the night, just stood there.
----
Inrii laughed at the two. "If I had known you didnt wanna interigate him, I cold just rid evidence of a body."
She looked over to the lythari seeing her needing rest. "but now that that's over, we may wanna move on."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"Yea, forgot to mention that he was experimenting with smoke powder that he got off a priest of Gond," Drakin said with a shrug, "Though he's given me a few devices that he made from them. They come in handy in certain situations."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"I don't know who I should be more afraid of Drakin; you or your brother?"

Turning to see Ariali in her state, he nodded his agreement; "I believe that some rest would do us all good."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali couldnt disagree. being a relatively new cleric, the spells were still hard on her body. she sluggishly walked twords them, needing support to help her.
----
Inrii looked around, "where to then? we might wanna get going before the darthien come back."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka reflexively went out and caught Ariali's arm, seeing her in her current physical; "ok, you definitely need some rest." It was only when he turned around that he noticed two very wide grins being cast his way.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali appreciated Veraka, then she laughed at herself, "I supose I have worn myself out. newbie to this."
She didnt pay attention to the faces of the others, not worrying what they thought.
----
Inrii grinned, remembering conversations from the previous adventure.
"we setting up camp in the woods or find another village to get her to?"
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"Do you want me and Inrii to leave you two. . . alone for a little?" Drakin laughed.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka turned to regard Drakin, "and what's that supposed to mean?" Not that he really cared at the moment, something about the situation made him calmer than normal; Aurora, knowing what her 'little' brother thought at almost all times, merely looked at him, then at Ariali, then back at Veraka, then laughed in her winter wolf way.
[i:3hw0zpus]Is is just me, or is my [b:3hw0zpus]little[/b:3hw0zpus] brother trying to tell me something[/i:3hw0zpus] she said so both Veraka and Ariali could hear her.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali just shrugged it off. answering Aurora,[i:1ir7mmza]something? I dunno what you or he means?[/i:1ir7mmza] the lythari a bit naive.
----
Inrii laughed at Drakin's comment, "defiantly a room then.." she joked. then looked to the assassin, "they go off and leave me alone with you. what did I do to get the bad end of this?"
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

"Ouch, I'm hurt," said Drakin, "And here I gave you a cookie too."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii laughed again, "hmmm, cookies. not too much of punishment then."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka felt his his face go red at Aurora's comment. He quickly regained his composure.
Aurora merely shook her head; opening her thoughts to the Lythari only, she replied [i:rmyqngjt]Ariali, do I need to spell it out for you? Have even considered how my little aasimar of a brother has reacted around you?[/i:rmyqngjt]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix