Nigthmare of the Future

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((hehe...ooo another one, now joker! whoo hoo im gainin them good!))

Ariali grabbed his arm. then speaking to the cleric, "sir, there is more here than your prejudices. as you know, not all drow are evil. many follow a member of the seldarine, the dark maiden. he came here only to search for answers, and all you did is re-inforce what people believe about the ar-tel-quessir. I came here because I can vouch for the man's character. and such a powerful priest should been able to see that. I could and you are well more advanced then me."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((lol, you really take pride in gaining those titles, don't ya?))
Turning to regard the Lythari, he calmed somewhat, "if you are referring to those drow that serve Elistraee, then I'll not argue. Also, two things you should know; one, I am not the cleric of our village."

Upon hearing this, Veraka's brow shot up.

The dark-haired male continued, "and second, what would this man have to gain from seeing our cleric; if it leads him to save another Lolth worshiping drow, then all the worse for all the. . "
The elder was cut off as a sharp crack resounded throughout the building; Veraka stood with his fist planted in the top of the brick of the fire pit, the brick cracked under the force of his blow.

"Fine," he said in a growling dark tone, "if you do not wish to assist us, then so be it." He lifted his armored hand from the pit.

"Wait." came the voice of the moon elf.

"You know that we are not permitted to assist one who has an Ilythiiri in their graces," the male stated.

"To the Nine Hells with Correlon's rules," the moon elf said as she stalked outta of the room; as she passed Veraka and Ariali, she whispered, "come see me outside, near the bazaar to the left of this building."

Veraka did hear her, but was to preoccupied with the arrogant elder. "I believe I've seen enough of the likes of you," he said, surprising the rest of the council with his comment, "to the rest of you,, I apologize for my rudeness."
He turned on his heel and stormed out of the building, Taberina right on his tail.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Dakin heard the conversation end he climbed back out to the platform the building stood on.

"Hmm, his anger almost cost him once again," Drakin contemplated, "And yet again he seems to have been steered from the wrong course. Something must really want this Drow to be saved to put up with his stubbornness."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((mahahaha...))

Ariali's face showed disappointment in the those she called (distant) kin. catching the statement, she followed behind Veraka to where indicated.
----
[color=green:2t02py1u]interesting. what drow is he supose to save?[/color:2t02py1u] Inrii wondered.
she sent mental word thru the link to Drakin, "[i:2t02py1u]already heading there.[/i:2t02py1u]"

((i dont know everything, but for surface elves speaking of drow, i would used the word 'traitor' to call the drow (dhaerow or something like that). Ilythiiri is what drow call themselves.))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The angered storm warrior exited the council hall, so ticked at the male elder that he didn't even notice that solid [b:1qrxu5kz]thwack[/b:1qrxu5kz] that resounded when he bumped his head into the top of the door way. Taberina trailed behind him, followed by Ariali and then Gilmahs.

"I am sorry for that; I do not know what came over the head elder, but I believe it has something to do with your dark-skinned prisoner, or something of the like," Gilmahs said, scratching the back of his head.

The priestess snorted at the remark; "he barely made an insult to any of you in there."
Veraka glared at her, giving her a good 'Say that again and I'll kill you' look. She became silent, not wanting to bring out whatever beast lied inside the pissed aasimar.

"I've dealt with worse in my life, but, I appreciate your effort my friend," Veraka said with a half-smile. Gilmahs bowed and went about finding his patrol, leaving the aasimar, drow and Lythari to themselves. Right at this time, Aurora trotted up; noticing her friends facial expression, she asked Ariali, [i:1qrxu5kz]I take it things did not go smoothly in there?[/i:1qrxu5kz]

Veraka spotted the bazaar and made his way over to the area, thinking to himself, [i:1qrxu5kz]maybe I'll hire Drakin to put hag-spawn outta his misery.[/i:1qrxu5kz]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"I can understand. tho I dont agree with their reaction. may the Seldarine protect yall," she acknowledged his goodby.
Ariali shook her head to Aurora's question, [i:11y20iqi]not really. most elves want noting to do with the drow[/i:11y20iqi].
"we'll figure this out," she said to Veraka, able to sense his rage.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Of that, I don't doubt, though it is quite frustrating to come all the way here and then be turned away by the leaders of the village." he said, his voice calming down.

He noted the two shadowy figures on the roof leap down from their perches, "as if those two need an invitation."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i'm hoping to give drakin a chance. who jumped from the ceiling?))
"well, he has the problem. tho something is fishy about that elder," Ariali turned to see two jump down...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Eh, that elder's to cocky to know left from right," Veraka scoffed, "besides, I doubt even he would resort to anything stupid."

Veraka had no idea how much more wrong he couldn't have been about that. The two shadowy figures whom he thought were Inrii and Drakin were not.
Unknown to even Drakin, the Hosttower had sent yet more 'friends' to deal with the aasimar.
One of the cloaked figures looked to the group that they are following; it looked to other, an Erinyes assassin, and bade her to follow it.
"Not to close; we'll wait for them to clear the village. Keep an eye out for the other two."
The Baatezu merely nodded and turned to keep an eye out for Drakin and Inrii.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

The two shadows dropped down in front of Drakin. He quickly moved behind the building that he was next to and peeked around a corner. They weren't paying any attention to him, looking the other way.

He easily guessed who they were looking at. Veraka was almost directly across from them. Both of the cloaked figures were human in shape, but one of them had a few weird bulges in its' back area.

This one turned around and Drakin quickly slid back into the shadows.

[color=darkblue:1z8fcl7h]An Erinyes[/color:1z8fcl7h], Drakin groaned aloud at this, recognizing the beautiful face. He had dealt with one before and it was not a pleasant memory. His ribs still ached when he thought about it. [color=darkblue:1z8fcl7h]Why do you always have to make powerful enemies?[/color:1z8fcl7h]

Drakin almost laughed at the last thought. Until just a few short years ago, he guessed he could have included himself in that list.

"Ah, my friend," he whispered to himself, "At least there is never a dull moment."

With that he pulled out his climbing claws once again and slipped over the edge.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii saw the two shadows. [color=green:tik8uoz9]you never run out of enemies do you[/color:tik8uoz9], she chuckled to herself.
she edged twords them knowing how dangerous they would be.
----
Ariali backed a step, casting santuary around them.
she feared she would have to fight, and kill, something she loathed. she shifted to her large wolf form and gave a warning growl.
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin crawled under the Erinyes and her companion. He peeked up from below the two. The Erinyes' companion seemed to be a normal human being.

Drakin reached up and grabbed the human's ankle. A subtle twist sent the human over, falling to the ground. Drakin pulled himself up and pulled out his Shotel. He slashed at the demon, forcing her attention upon him.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The doppleganger went forward as Drakin grabbed it's ankle, "blast it, take these two out, I'll deal with our target." With that, he lunged forward at Veraka, unveiling his cloak to reveal himself.

The Erinyes hissed as she blocked the shotel with her longsword; "oh, I will be sure to have 'fun' with them," she commented back to her partner. She unleashed a furious assault against the assassin.

Veraka heard the cries of surprise, but was to late to react as the transforming dopplegagner cannoned into him from behind him. He landed in the ground, but instead of being able to recover, he was pressed into the ground as the shapeshifter assumed the form of a giant. Planting his foot onto Veraka, the polymorphous being began to press down upon the aasimar.

"Now you die, bastard of the heavens."
Veraka felt every pebble and piece of soil upon his face as the giant pressed him down into the earth, trying to make a pancake outta him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii threw a fireball at the now giant's head, then several magic missiles.
acid arrows went out from Zarstra's claws twords the other thing, she didnt know what, other than female.
----
Ariali cast the faerie fire and moonbeams to distract or blind the giant as a ball of fire burst around his head.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The doppleganger cringed from the fireball, and had to close his eyes for a second to keep the moonbeams out, but kept the pressure upon Veraka, intent on turning him into a bloody pulp. He was almost done with it when he heard a roar of rage and power come from beneath his foot.

The Erinyes didn't get distracted by the pyrotechnics that were happening around her partner; she was busy with the assassin when acid arrows came shooting in and distracted her for a split second.

Veraka was being pressed to the ground, the air leaving his lungs, when he sensed that primal rage come up from deep within his system. Letting loose a bloodcurdling howl, he pressed his arms into the ground and began to push up, using his rage and the berserker to fuel his stamina.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix