Nigthmare of the Future

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Nigthmare of the Future

Post by veraka »

(Note: this starts out in a dream)
Veraka and Aurora strode through the muck of the forest floor as they strode through thick wood, drenched from the storm that hung over their heads.
Veraka's blood froze in his veins as a blood curdling scream emanate from within deep within the forest; Aurora howled as she took off in a fast run toward the source of the scream. Veraka followed in hot pursuit. The both of them came upon a beautiful female drow, that being strangled by what looked like a . . . Veraka's breath left his lungs as he beheld a monstrosity he'd heard only in tales; the female drow was being drug along the ground by a handmaiden of Lolth, a Yochol.
"To the Nine Hells with you, demon!" Veraka bellowed, as he charge the beast, while drawing his sword. The Yochol turned its attention to him and with one swipe of its massive tentacles, sent him flying back a good 30 feet, crashing into Aurora.
"Help!" the drow screamed as the demon opened up a portal to the DemonWeb Pits.
"Please help me," she pleaded,"save me from me, save me from me." she cryed out as the yochol dragged her into the waiting blackness; a final cry echoed from the portal before it sealed up.
(reality)
Veraka woke with a start, his body visible shaking and drenched with sweat. Aurora padded over to him, and layed down next to him, resting her head on his lap.
[i:37samcx5]You had the dream again?[/i:37samcx5] she asked him through their telepathic link.
[i:37samcx5]Yes, but it felt different than the last ones; it felt real, as if I could touch everything within it.[/i:37samcx5] Veraka replied.
[i:37samcx5]So, what should we do?[/i:37samcx5]
[i:37samcx5]I don't know[/i:37samcx5] Veraka admitted, feeling utterly helpless.
[i:37samcx5]Might I suggest that you go see someone who specializes in understanding dreams of this type.[/i:37samcx5] Aurora suggested to him.
He nodded in agreement. Within the High Forest, Veraka knew that he'd have some traveling to do if he was going to find someone with those kind of capabilities.

Cries of agony split the calm around the two. Aurora's ears flattened; Veraka knew that she'd picked up on the scent of something that neither of them probably liked.
[i:37samcx5]Lyncanthopes [/i:37samcx5] she told him, growling. She let loose a howl that echoed throughout the night. She took in a dash, running toward the source of the shouts and cries, Veraka pacing her on her right flank. As they both neared the source of the calamity, Veraka's Aasimar senses picked on something that made him grit his teeth.
"Undead; bollocks" he cursed under his breath. He and Aurora arrived at the scene of the disturbance, a raging battle that was taking place within a small hamlet of elves, humans, and half-elves.
Aurora's senses yet again proved invaluable: a number of werewolves, were-bears, and were-rats were battling an outnumbered militia of humans and elves. It was whom was commanding the lyncanthopes that made Veraka's blood boil. A small number of vampires were leading the attack.
"This could be a challenge." Veraka seethed, as he drew forth Marala Vharc. The berserker came roaring up from within him and was now out, hungry for battle. He let loose scream of anger and rage as he charged into the chaotic battle, Aurora right beside him.
Last edited by veraka on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt heard the sounds of battle, and the howl of a wolf. The blazing flames also drew his attention. Throwing all caution to the Nine Hills, he quickly rattled off a spell of flight, and leaping into the air, streaked off towards the blazing inferno that was the village he had stayed at last night. Within minutes, he was gazing at the carnage below. To his trained eye, with half a millennium of battles, he noticed the leaders of the assault, and stopping in the air, raised his hands, fingers weaving in the signs of a fireball spell. In a few seconds, a pea of fire formed amongst the ranks of the vampires. He didn't even pause to see his results, and landed amongst the front lines of lycanthropes, his drow skin clearly illuminated by the flames. He dropped his pack on the ground, and twirled his staff over his head. And in the same motion, it cracked into the head of a were-wolf as he tried to run past him.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i may use both my characters. but I saw lycanthrop and Ariali is Lythari- good aligned werewolf...see her profile for more info))

Ariali had been on a good run. Her wolf form covering a good distance. She had recently returned to this world, having normally dwelt amdst the worlds along with her small clan.
The run was exhilarating for her; a chance to run freely.
But in the distance she heard not the usual sounds of the forest. her senses caught the presence of her evil werewolf cousins.
She rarely fought, as Lythari she abhor fighting except to defend life. Her pace quickened as sounds of agony and death were heard. She saw the flames and spell effects.
She came to were she could she the fight, her eyes wide and stricken in horror. Some were fighting, attempting to push them back.
As a cleric with the moon domain and hidden well with her black fur, she began to cast 'turn lycanthropes' and light enemies in blue faerie fire (moon domain again). She waited to see if any became seriesly injured to cast 'cure light wounds'.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Dark clouds gathered in the sky as the battle for the small village raged on.
Veraka, shield raised, cannoned into one of lead lyncantophes, a wererat, Aurora similarly plowing into a werebear. The proved to be move devious than Veraka expected, using it's tail to wrap around one of Veraka's legs, and pulling hard; this sent the storm warrior toppling backwards onto his back. The over-sized rodent came in fast, a short sword diving for Veraka's jugular. On instinct, Veraka threw his shield in front of his vulnerable head; upon feeling the weight of the wererat bear down onto his shield, he tucked one leg into his chest, planted his boot into the rodent's solar plexus, and with his shield, pushed out with all his strength, aiming his leg over his head. Veraka sent wererat flying a good 15 feet behind him. He planted his sword and shield arms into the ground and pushed off, while simultaneously snapping his legs into the air; the combined momentum of both moves sent Veraka back to his feet.
As he came up onto his feet, Veraka spied a very familiar staff and a very distinct combat style. He grinned as he saw Zazzt De'Shezbron, in complete control of the situation around himself.
The wererat was still shaking off the effects of Veraka's reverse-kick throw. Veraka jogged over to the lyncantophe and put an armored boot on it's chest.
"We'll not give up, not give at all. Not until masters have feasted and then, not until we have feasted, all of us!" said the wererat, cackling at the thought of fresh meat between his teeth.
Veraka saw red; "Then you'll all DIE!" he screamed as he brought Marala Vharc up and over in an arc that cleaved into the wererat's laughing skull, splitting nearly in two. As this happened, a bolt lighting shot through the sky, illuminating the entire battlefield for a split second, which was quickly followed by the explosion of thunder. He saw that Aurora was holding her own against the werebear, barely. Blitzing over to his wolf friend, Veraka pulled out his composite shortbow, quickly retrieved an arrow from his quiver, notched it, and set it loose. The arrow arched toward the monstrous bear, and embedded itself into its back. The werebear roared in pain, and turned to face Veraka, eyes blazing with hatred.
[i:3rk4upt8]Aurora, now![/i:3rk4upt8] he told Aurora. The winter wolf let loose a blast of ice and wind from her maw that encased the werebear, freezing it instantly.
[i:3rk4upt8]Veraka, behind you![/i:3rk4upt8] she thought back to him. Digging his right boot into the ground, he spun around, bringing his adamantine shield to bear on whomever was trying to get the drop on him. Veraka's shield met up with the face of a werewolf, and sent it toppling backwards; Aurora came in quickly, her jaw on not letting that werewolf escape alive. A scream of agony turned his head to its direction. His eyes came to gaze upon a vampire getting up from the pale corpse of a young half-elf.
Veraka didn't know what to do; he felt he'd failed the young half-elf, that he was responsible for his death. Then a new feeling came up from his dark depths; it wanted one thing, vengeance.

[i:3rk4upt8]Maral del avuna, maral del nar'hethi, maral del jurson; dosst zhal'essin Usstan lar![/i:3rk4upt8] Veraka said in his mind. An immense bolt of lighting crackled down from the sky, and struck Veraka. The vampire that'd had just drawn blood, was coming upon a shrieking elf maiden, clutching her child between her arms. Veraka stood there for a split second, then his eyes flashed open, lighting dancing in them; then, taking ten long, powerful strides, he came up behind the vampire, and rammed his sword through its back. The vampire merely turned its head around, and laughed manically. Veraka then lifted the vampire off the ground, to its surprise, and slowly let the undead slide down the blade of Marala Vharc, cursing and howling in pain every inch of the way.
"Damnay uthou du Celestias mortay!" Veraka bellowed, striking fear into the vampire's eyes. Electrical energy crackled its way up Veraka's blade and struck the vampire, turning him into an impaled inferno.
All of sudden Veraka was lifted off his feet and hurled 30 feet into a tree.
"And here I thought your parents would've taught you not to intervene in our affairs." said a stern voice. Suddenly, he felt a strong grip wrap itself around his neck, hoist into the air, and start to squeeze. Veraka's eyes bulged open, coming to rest upon an elite vampire, whom was both taller and stronger than Veraka. He grabbed the hand with both of his hands and pulled with all his strength, but to no avail. Veraka's breath's came in shorter and shorter intervals.
"This is the last time your bloodline crosses AGAIN!"
He pulled harder, but even with the combined power of the storm avatar and his primal animal spirits, he couldn't break the elite's grip. His vision began to darken around the edges and blur in the middle.
(OOC: to anyone who attacks the elite vamp, he's going to escape as I'm making him a main antagonist, so just a heads up if anyone was expecting to kill him.)
Last edited by veraka on Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt cleared the immediate area around him, and had time to look around. He saw the bolt of lighting strike the ground. That drew his attention to Veraka, and particularly the vampire that headed aright for the raging aasimar. Zazzt darted off in that direction, but he was simply too far away. The vampire easily raised Veraka into the air and held him there, as if he were nothing more than a child's doll. Now withing a dozen feet, Zazzt planted his staff into the ground, and using that as a foothold, jumped into the air, and jumping through a full rotation, brought his leg down onto the creature's arm, shattering the joint. The sudden blow caused the creature to lose its grip on Veraka, who tumbled to the ground. Zazzt now had the full attention of the vampire, its lower arm hung almost an inch lower than it should have, and even undead would notice that injury, Zazzt hoped, as he crouched in his fighting stance.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka felt himself hit the ground hard. He inhaled sharply, his vision returning to his eyes. He was grasping at his neck, as the vampire had nearly throttled him to death.
His gaze went up to his savior; staring in disbelief, Veraka saw Zazzt standing to his side, his staff ready in fighting stance. The vampire began exchanging blows with the monk, though Veraka knew that the Zazzt would not go down easily.
Finally, the vampire stepped back and said "I will waist no more time with you, monk," his gaze shifted to a weakened Veraka, "nor your assimar ally. Do not cross me again, Veraka, son of Sanisa and Torin, lest next time, I will not be so merciful, nor will I think that you shall have your 'friends' to come to your aid." With that, the elite vampire vanished in a poof of light.
Veraka felt his strength and power leaving him; the after effects of the storm avatar were beginning to show themselves. As he brought his hand around to his abdomen, he felt warm fluid; bringing his hand around to look at it, he saw red covering it. Somehow the vamp had been able to inflict several deep, penetrating wounds underneath his armor. Veraka vision started to blacken as he heard Aurora screaming for him through their telepathic link and barking/howling for someone to help him. He slipped into blackness as his body began to lose it's color.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt smiled after the retreating vampire. He was a worthy combatant, and Zazzt would enjoy adding that one to his list of enemies. His attention was drawn away from the battle, as he heard the sound of Aurora's cry, and he realized those to be the sounds of mourning, and looking down at the ground, saw Veraka's critical condition. Zazzt cursed loudly, despite his magical training and martial prowess, he was worse than a child when it came to healing others. He did, however realize that the wound was gushing blood, and that was most likely the danger of that wound. So Zazzt cast a spell that conjured a giant spectral hand, and commanded that to wrap around Veraka, (Bigby's Crushing Hand, sorry, its gonna hurt). The hand covered the barbarian completely, and the blood flow stopped, and Zazzt mentally commanded the hand to take Veraka behind the lines of the villagers, hoping they had a cleric there. Meanwhile, he turned his attention back to the charging lycanthropes, and whirling his staff, jumped right back into the fray, taking out two as he ran along the line, with many more to come.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((im assuming u dont plan to die))

Ariali saw the incident with that vampire and the fallen warrior. unseen with her black fur. she rushed to the two as they headed away. She could easily catch up, she just didnt know how they would react to a wolf and she dared not turn to her elven form in midst the battle. luckily, she could cast the spells in her wolf form well enough.
She neared enough to see the other male rush back into battle as she whispered the words of healing on the male. the magical hand was likely prolonging his life, but she hoped she wasnt too late. resurrection wasnt one of her spells yet.
the glow of healing magic surrounded him, healing the most series wound.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora was frantic and confused, worrying about her closest friend. As she saw him get lifted behind the lines of the villagers, she turned and went searching the battlefield for someone, anyone, as she knew that the village healers, if this one had any, would be busy caring for their own wounded. Any were creature that was either stupid enough or unlucky enough to get in her way was either flash frozen by her frost breath, or had its throat torn out; her rage was more of worry than anger. She crossed the field to his position; however something strange was happening to Veraka.

She saw that his wounds started to close up, sealing his deepest wounds and staunching the blood that was leaking out of them. In her mind, she breathed a sigh of relief, but then was curious as to whom had healed Veraka.
[i:1i3qck19]Well it wasn't the monk, that much is for sure.[/i:1i3qck19] she thought to herself as she sniffed the air around her, instantly picking up the scent of a werewolf, which was very close by. She picked her way through the area, and came upon a black-furred werewolf, whom looked as if it was concentrating and within a spell-casting state of mind.
Aurora stopped, suddenly sensing different about this black-furred lyncantophe; her hesitation proved to be useful, for a vampire had flanked the werewolf.
Snarling and hoping that she was making the right decision, Aurora lunged at the vampire.
His attention focused on the good aligned werewolf, the vampire had failed to notice the 8' tall, white wolf that had snuck up behind him. Aurora growled as she hit the bloodsucker head on. Clamping her maw onto its throat, she inhaled, and then let loose the icy fury of her frost breath.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt once again stood in the midst of a small pile of corpses, some reverting back to human form, others still in their lycanthrope shapes. He breathed a sigh of relief, as he saw that the balance of numbers had shifted in the favor of the defenders. He relaxed, and walked through the throng of rushing defenders, and walked to where he had commanded the hand to drop of Veraka. He arrived in time to see Veraka recieve healing, but his attention was drawn to the vampire as it was tackled by Aurora. He knew that it was probably enough to keep him down, but just in case, he launched a lighting bolt that thudded into the chest of the undead creature. He walked to stand by the unconsious battle rager, vigilant for any other dangers that might lurk around.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Consentrating on the spell she almost didnt see the enemy sneaking up too late. she saw evdaed it, to see a ball of white fur attack. She bolted out the ensuing battle closer to the injured warrior, but still out of sight. casting sanctuary around herself and the male she waited and watched, casting turn lycanthropes.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka opened his eyes and saw red everywhere. He raised his hand in front of his eyes confirmed that it was his own blood that on his face. As he tried to sit up, searing pain lanced through his body. The onslaught of the waves nearly sent back into the blackness. He cried out in agony, gripping his chest and abdomen.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt's eyes darted down to the prone aasimar, and he breathed a small sigh of relief when he saw that he was mostly on the mend, "You should most likely not move, since you have suffered a deadly injury, not long ago. Also not to mention that you lost a great deal of blood, its amazing that you can move at all, in fact."

Zyeke
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka heard a familiar voice, and turned to regard the source of the voice, Zazzt. Groaning, he turned his head and asked "What in the Nine Hells did this to me?"
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Ariali sat on her hunches watching. she was relieved the injured male was alive and she didnt need to spend anymore spells yet.
The area began to grow more quiet as battle faded away. But the stench of death and undeath filled her canine nose. She lightly sneezed. hoping none heard her. She slunk to the shadows of undergrowth, her black her blending well.