Nigthmare of the Future

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin took advantage of the distracted demon and launched an assault upon her. She gained her footing back rapidly though, and stood toe-to-toe with Drakin as the wove in and out, each searching for an opening in the others defense. They paid no attention to what was happening around them.

Drakin only hoped that someone could kill the doppleganger soon. He was as skilled with the blade as the demon was, but he had no hope if it came to a battle of stamina. She being a planar being would outlast him by a while.

He slowly moved a hand to a pouch he used in times of trouble. A trick he learned while in the realm of the Drow. The pouch held three pebbles enchanted with a brilliant light that would blind everything around him.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Drakashin viewtopic.php?p=29418#29418
Drakin viewtopic.php?t=1701
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((awww sun flash pellets...shesh...))

Still invisible, Inrii drew Stealthwhisperer and came around. since she was likely immune to fire attacks, she cast ice storm at the demon. if she got a fatal slash, then the demoness would vaperize into shadow.
Zarstra continued with missiles, then lightning.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka heaved with all his might and pushed up; more and more the dopplegangers giants foot rose, as the raging aasimar lifted it up with his massive build, enhanced by the berserker that was raging in him.
He then saw a white ball of fur come out from nowhere.
[i:1apdk4l3]No; go help Drakin out, we're going to need him to bring this feirfeking freak down.[/i:1apdk4l3]
Aurora nodded and took off toward Drakin's position.

The Erinyes had the assassin matched for speed and power; within seconds, she became aware of a second contender enter the fight. She was blasted with an icy attack, which hurt her, but she warded it off and kept her focus on the assassin. It was when a certain white furball clamped her jaws on the Erinyes leg, that the Baatezu realized that she was in trouble.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

[Yes I had to go with the light pellets. Zaknafein all the way :D]

Aurora biting the Erinyes gave Drakin all the opportunity he needed. His Shotel bit deep into the demon's neck. Unfortunately the blade caught on her collar bone. He held the demon in place, hoping that the wyvern poison would be enough to kill the Erinyes.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora held the demon down with all her might even as the Erinyes struggled against the poison that now flowed through it's veins. [i:1uw4fhmv]Inrii, NOW![/i:1uw4fhmv] Aurora said through her thoughts to the sorceress.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii slipped Stealthwhisperer thru the demons ribs and into her slowing heart.
the demon then 'vaperized' into shadow and was gone.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Aurora watched as the Erinyes just 'vanished' before' her eyes. [i:2oghan70]That was effective.[/i:2oghan70] A roar of anger caught her attention. She turned to Veraka literally 'lifting' the giant's foot up and off the ground.

The doppleganger noticed that his partner was nowhere to be seen; so he decided to change tactics; he polymorphed into something quite a bit more appropriate for the situation.
((Whoever posts next can decide what the transformation results in; just try to be creative with it.))
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

suddenly everyone was looking at two storm warriors struggling with each other.

Inrii laughed, so ironic. her sword ready to come in low.
----
Ariali paused in her distractions.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was suddenly fighting himself; "What the. . " he said as he raised his shield, blocking a copy Marala Vharc.
"Ok, then let's try this!" he barked as he went into a series of high speed moves, which the doppleganger easily blocked using his exact style.
"How in the fierfek are you doing that?" Veraka said.

"What, you're me, fool," the copy spat back.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

Drakin looked at the two Veraka's, blinking in surprise.

"Great," he groaned, "Like we needed another one around."

Drakin watched the two fight, trying to figure which was the doppleganger. He thought back to his training back at the Host tower.

[color=darkblue:1ofvomoa]Doppleganger's work well as spies[/color:1ofvomoa], thought Drakin remembering his teachings, [color=darkblue:1ofvomoa]because they copy the person down to the smallest detail, except for the memory.[/color:1ofvomoa]

Drakin remembered a bad experience that Veraka had with Drakin's wizard brother, "Hey Veraka, my brother misses his favorite test subject and wonders if you ever got over that last potion."
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Both storm warriors stopped what their doing, but only one reacted.
"What fierfeking crap took me more than . . . . . CRAP!!"Veraka yelled as he lept back a solid seven feet to dodge the incoming barrage of absolute hell.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((u said be creative...))

Inrii sent acid at the second Veraka. hitting him hard in the chest. the acid starting to eat the copy cat metal.
she brung Stealthwhisperer for a swip. he attempted a block, just as she figured, but he wasnt prepared for the lightning from the lizard.
[i:3olh5i7l]metal conduct electricity[/i:3olh5i7l]! Zarstra hollored.
(she's a smart lizard!
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The copy of Veraka knew it was in trouble, especially with his armor being chewed through by acid. He deflected the sorceresses sword, only to be electrocuted by a good bolt of lighting.
He recovered quickly; noticing his quarry was getting some distance between the two of them. The doppleganger uttered the words for a two-pronged magical attack.
As the last of the words exited his mouth, a massive fireball, encircled by a chain lighting strike, streaked towards Veraka.

The storm warrior saw the attack coming, and tried to dodge it. Luck dealt him a very bad hand as the attack hit him. He cried out in pain as the fireball/lighting strike turned him into a life-size cook out. The flames stuck to him like a honey, and the lighting did a good number on his body.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Drakashin
Regular

Post by Drakashin »

((Good choice for a double. Lots of choices for what to do with it :devil:, gotta remember that for later lol. ))

Drakin watched the fireworks as the double got hit by the acid and lightning, it did a very entertaining dance. He flinched as the real Veraka got hit by the double spell and went flying, but he wasn't really worried about the big man.

[color=darkblue:j4dvf1x2]He's taken worse[/color:j4dvf1x2], Drakin figured, he remembered the time his brother had fun testing different charges of electricity to Veraka, the last being a full fledged lightning bolt. . .

Drakin instead concentrated on the opponent, though it was obvious that he wasn't gonna last much longer. Drakin pulled out the dagger he took from the Drow and launched it at the Doppleganger. It sunk into the creature's stomach.
No Mercy for the Weak;
No Pity for the Dying;
No Tears for the Dead.

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((it randomly came to me...))

Inrii and Ariali went to work putting out the fire.
Ariali also cast what few healing spells were left as Inrii cast ice storm to counteract the fire.