Death Runs Deep [Campaign]

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tanerian
Maid
Maid

Death Runs Deep [Campaign]

Post by Tanerian »

The Elven wanderer stood there at the door to the entrance of his job. It was a rather rash decision on his part to even partake in such an undergoing. Still for his own kindred’s sake it was better someone like him take this undergoing then one of the less experienced magicians around here. After all other then the three mentors in the nearby village the rest of them had been students who were still basically just getting past cantrip training. Each new year it seemed to that less promising students sprouted up out of no where.

Which meant it always fell to travelers like him to undertake such trivial tasks as this. At least that is how this jobs description sounded to him. “Trivial indeed..” he muttered to himself letting out a sigh as he easily opened the decaying door. It was bad enough that the thing was wood but to have the stench that seemed stagnate the air as the door opened cling to it so harshly. He shuddered a bit as he never did like the smell and decay of time especially when it came to forgotten places with things roaming in them.

Stepping inside now he wished at least he had his former no it all guide when it came to these matters. Having an undead that was use to these things and loved to let you know all about them was handy some times. Even thou he could do with out being called it or thing for a change. Still the dank darkness gave a clear notice like a sign that no one was home. The dark robed elf cracked a sun rod holding it in one hand just out in front of his face.

The stairs became illuminated immediately revealing their oldness and that some never made it in or back out from this point. There were no obvious traps at the door but still that didn’t mean that there wouldn’t be later on. Whatever killed the now scavenged bones was still around here most likely. Even if he hoped it or they had moved on which was rarely the case.

Entering the door he now had a feeling that things were fine for now and continued his trip onward into the darkness which lay before him. The wind coming down the tunnel scrapped old fabrics up against the wall and other remaining objects. A few mice played in the hall down in the distance. “So far nothing to worry about…” the elf had said but as he had spoken a faint grinding sound came from a room off to the right somewhere. “Ber kaer, I knew.” The elf said in a rather annoyed voice.

Apparently the rumors were true that someone had been screwing around up here and had let something loose. Just how many something and was that person still around was the question at hand. He thought to himself about keeping his guard up and the oldness of this abandoned cavern. The thought that no one had worked in here for about a century and that the place had been kept above ground was a bit unnerving to say the least to the weary warlock. Still as long as he didn’t open to many doors at once this should be a piece of cake.

Tanerian was still on the jittery side sense his leave from the village. Too many women had clung to him once his purpose was made known to them. He was overly aware that anything could happen in here as well. The undead loved to get close to their meals after all and this place was going to be no exception at least that is what he thought. Allowing his hood to shift a little the free spirited adventurer allowed himself to cool his wits. After all he was normally carefree and he shouldn’t let a place like this get to him this much. It wasn’t like this was his first time into some raggedy old cavern or something.

The inside of the cavern opening even thou old looked well built and sturdy There were hallways leading to many rooms and two stairways down. One stairway on the right and the other set of stairs was on the left. Counting the rooms he only totaled four including one ruined one which meant five on this level. The ruined room was where the noise was coming from and what it was coming from was rather apparent. In the middle of the opened room a young Elven firl seemed to be shackled to the floor. He face hidden by long blond locks of hair which came down to her chest. The girl knew he was there and was apparently shifting around to get his attention.
With my own hands I shall clear a road all my own.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((i sent u a message, but im not sure it went thru. if u want drow from House jaelre to be holding the elf captive, then i can do that. i just wasnt sure what u want for the bad guy... will post depending on what ur looking for...))
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya