On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder found a set 5 of small daggers in her saddle bag~

When Biot returned with Zarea she asked him how he was at throwing daggers? handing them too him" I don't have another bow Biot but these can prove useful I am sure, lets try keep the horses from getting hurt, if we are lucky one will stray if we wound someone, I might be able to link with and persuade it to follow us."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian started adding metal pieces to his fine chain mail---bracers, his helm, knees, elbows, and shoulders for a bit of extra protection, and loosened his shield on his saddle.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((how u find me? lol. I'm using hide in plain sight. if it's true seeing then u could see the magical tattoo on her face.))
Zarae sensed the drow a good distance away, but her sword, moonshadow was still drawn should they prove hostile.
She recognized him as the one who dropped in recently, literaly. [i:2p1yj7g0]Something's not right[/i:2p1yj7g0], she signed. [i:2p1yj7g0]But lets go.[/i:2p1yj7g0]
She hopped back on Moonlight and they headed back to the group.
many of the others were preparing for what looked like battle.
*did plans change?*
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Pwdn considered Cinder's advice. She agreed that it would make more sense but at the same time she didn't wish for Lyon and Frad to be too far from her so she shook her head. "No, it's fine. I'll stay nearby, and make sure everyone's safe here."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka eyed Pwdn, though he wouldn't argue with her on the matter.
"Very well, if you feel a need to stay by Lyon's side, I'll not argue; just be sure to stay out of the line of fire; having a healer take a hit would not be on my list of things to have happen," Veraka said, pulling out Marala Vharc and testing its wicked sharp edge.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Pwdn nodded, a slight but confident bob of her head. "I will be careful, I promise." She quickly checked how much she was able to cast, and was glad to find that she wasn't doing too badly. "But you needn't worry. I'm in no real danger; just because I can't harm others it doesn't mean I can't defend myself in other ways." She whispered to Lyon, who moved Phenix about into some thick scrub. It came almost up to the mare's back, and when she knelt down and the three of them leaned down with her they were fairly well hidden. Pwdn looked around and dismounted, shimmying up one of the nearby trees with surprising speed and shifting to a pattern like that of the bark; even knowing where she was it took some concentration to see her. This way, she was close to Lyon and Frad while still getting a fair view of the surrounding area. She couldn't stay hidden for long, of course, but the positioning would let her pick her moment carefully.
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

((Guys, I've got a 4 week trip coming up, sooner than expected. So I'll just rite myself out for a while. Sorry. You will be able to handle them by yourself...))

[i:1jpk94e5]Yeah, I know a bit about daggers, as a drow its in my blood you know...[/i:1jpk94e5] -Bio said as he caught the daggers. Suddenly the daggers started to glow as they came into contact with the sword engravement on his hand. Bio couldn't hold on to them and they started rotating faster and faster around him. So fast that it made what looks like a ball of blueish light around him.-[i:1jpk94e5] Whats going on!?! [/i:1jpk94e5]- Bio screamed. And suddenly he disappeared, leaving no trace that he has ever been there.-
Last edited by Biot-Savart on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[quote:3hb7jxts]*did plans change?* [/quote:3hb7jxts]

Adian shrugged.

"We've decided on an ambush," he said. "To slow them down. One hit-and-run should do it."

He quickly signed Vereaka's plan to Zarae.

[i:3hb7jxts]Two teams,[/i:3hb7jxts] he gestured. [i:3hb7jxts]The first will lure them in, and the second will signal the first and attack from behind. The first team turns around and hits them from the front, then we all do a quick retreat. Surprise and speed should enable us to injure a few of them and make them cautious. After that we can almost certainly lose them entirely.[/i:3hb7jxts]

A moment later he was staring where the dragon-rider had been in amazement.

"What in the Nine Hells was that?"
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

"He has disappeared in thin air!! She said in complete shock
~Cinder jumped off her mount and picked up her daggers looking at them strangly~
" there is nothing magical about these there just plain old daggers"
he is an unusal one some how i don't think we have seen the end of him. ~she leaped back onto Meldrinus~ " we have to get the show on the road i think, they are getting close now "
"come one Zarea let's get in place we have got to find a good place to get out of sight"
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

"I've seen it before, it's a kind of gate spell; whatever that sword is, it's decided that he needed to be somewhere. I get the feeling that he has a destiny. Some might offer condolences; I would have to agree." Pwdn smiled to herself, she'd met one or two people with destinies and while they always made a difference to the world they often lost a great amount along that path; friends, family, even their lives. She shook off the feeling, that was just pessimism and she always looked on the bright side. "But I'm certain he's unharmed, if anything he might return in better shape than when he left."

She did have a tactical point to make, however, from her hidden point high above. "May I suggest we try not to kill many of them? From my own perspective the reasons are obvious, but from a practical viewpoint it is also the best course: travelling with wounded among them will slow them down, and having seen the size of our group they won't be stupid enough to just leave them behind to die. Injure them, disable any healers they have by taking a hand from them or damaging their throats to prevent them using the requisite gestures or incantations to cast. They'll have to turn back and find another healer to regenerate the lost ability of theirs, or they'll wait and camp until they can heal the usual way, and whatever happens then by the time they return we'll be a long time gone. So for all our sakes, it's better to incapacitate, not to kill."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka was working his shield snugly onto his arm when he caught a flash of light out of the corner of his eye. Spinning around he saw Cinder picking up her throwing knives that she was going to lend Bio, with Bio nowhere to be found. Veraka buried his face in the palm of his gauntlet, "First he comes crashing out of tree from hanging onto a dragon for two days; then he says he's not of this realm, to top it all off he, catches some throwing knives and ninja poofs to Gods knows where. Where in bloody blazes is he gonna end up next?"
[i:23u0ojug]Now we're one man short; eh, I think we'll manage[/i:23u0ojug] Veraka thought to himself as he heard Pwdn's suggestion of injuring the opposing forces rather than plane out killing them. He thought about it,[i:23u0ojug]Though I'd rather stab them first and ask questions later, she's gotta point.[/i:23u0ojug]
"Point taken, Pwdn. Alright, incapacitating and precise blows only; if we can slow 'em down, that's fine. However, if any of you are caught in between your life and theirs, obviously keep yourself alive."
"Cinder, Zarae, if all possible, try and disable their arms and legs with your ranged attacks."
"Adian, you're with me; we've got point. Pwdn, you and Lyon make sure no one gets the drop on us from behind. Alright, everyone, lets move," he said as he strode off in the general direction of their assailants.
[i:23u0ojug]If it comes down to a fight though, I intend to be the last one out.[/i:23u0ojug]
Last edited by veraka on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

*well. thats something* she thought as the newcomer vanished.
turning back to the huddle, she slid off Moonlight and edged nearer, Adian signing the plan to her.
She nodded to Cinder, then turned to Veraka, "If i'm using my throwing daggers, I better get them back. I hate replacing them all the time...the 6th one especially."
She then thought for a second.
Zarae hadnt called Shade in over a week. She pulled the well crafted black sapphire spider figurine from her belt clasp. It glistened in the morning light but glowed with a dull silver aura.
"Shade can help, she's prolly been wondering why I havent called her. All right Cinder, lets go."

((Shade, a spider companion that I can summon, follows Lurue, is not evil or Lloth's thus the silver aura. if u wonder why i have her, in our RPG drow can summon a spider companion and since i'm follower of eilistraee, Shade's gotta be good too. just a quick insite...))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[quote:1unkqzjj]"Point taken, Pwdn. Alright, incapacitating and precise blows only; if we can slow 'em down, that's fine. However, if any of you are caught in between your life and theirs, obviously keep yourself alive." [/quote:1unkqzjj]

[i:1unkqzjj]Seems to me I've been saying exactly that this entire time,[/i:1unkqzjj] Adian thought with a tad of exasperation.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

((I should probably add that Pwdn's speculations on the various unknown events that are turning up are a habit she has from some time ago; the GM in that campaign liked to play with really over-the-top fantasy plot devices,mysterious relic-type items that gated us all across the planes for some inexplicable motive turned up three or four times. Then there was the village where everyone in it was a werewolf, but none of them knew about the rest and they were all desperate that none of the others find out. Fun times. . . ))
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder and Zarea found a place among a cluster of pines behind a tree line of willows. They watched as the other group passed by making a clear trail for the others to find and follow. Cinder made ready she had her arrows layed out and was sprinkling an other solution on the tips then slipped them back in her pack, one ready in her bow~

" this will make them sick and most defiantly slow them down " she said in a matter of fact tone. " I don't think we will have long to wait now i can feel them slippery minds they are some what angry to have lost there scout. I still say 3 or 4 maybe five