On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Cinder knew there was a rider not far ahead of her.

she moved off the trail and into the brush but continued to follow the trail from the brush.

This man was looking for her party most likely a scout.

She opened her mind and focused toward the direction of the rider and could hear the sounds of what she was trained to know were the sounds of the evil minded and yes there were others in the distant behind him. She instructed Meldrinus to lay down in the brush patting him affectionately.

When she was assured they were well hidden she choose two arrows and layed them beside her reaching for her a pouch she dipped the arrows in a salutation, hearing the man coming closer she poised herself aiming just over the trail were he would ride into her sights. Pulling back on the bow string as far as she could in seconds the arrow found the mans juggler and he was on the ground in minuets. Cinder quickly grabbed hold of the second arrow and leaped over the brush and was on the man with her arrow pointing at his throat. there was no need he was dead. Quickly she took the horses bridle and the arrow from his neck and called Meldrinus. " Hurry now " she called out to him and before long she was speeding back to the group with the horse trailing behind as she gripped the rains in her hand.
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Bio takes the 2 rations of food generously given to him be the two men.- [i:gqcizy8y]Thank you very much, and I don't even know your names?[/i:gqcizy8y]
-He takes a piece of salted meat and eats it.- [i:gqcizy8y]This reminds me of something we had when I was young called "biltong", dried salted meat. I'll eat some of the fruit later, maybe closer to bed time, don't want to fall of off Adamarrak again...[/i:gqcizy8y]

-With a gush of wind Adamarrak flapped his gigantic wings and lifted of the ground joining Zazzt in the air were he was flying over the others of the group. Adamarrak's head suddenly turned in the direction of the forest.- [i:gqcizy8y]I hear someone on horseback approaching...[/i:gqcizy8y]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Name's Veraka Orden, and as for your not crashing off of Adamarrak's back again, that'd be a nice change a pace," Veraka said smiling. Upon hearing Adamarrak's remark of someone approaching, Veraka assimar senses detected that there was evil within the vicinity. Using his celestial eyes, he looked down into the forest, only to find the source of evil lying flat on the forest floor.
"You're correct in that, Adamarrak," turning to Bio, Veraka said "I believe that feminine acquaintance of yours, Cinder, will be able to fill us in real well."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian listened as well.

[i:n2x857e6]One horse, one other large animal. He's right. Very likely Cinder. The question becomes where did she get the horse?[/i:n2x857e6]

He winced as more of the rising sunlight stabbed at his eyes and added a second cloth over them. This was going to be harder than his first trip on the surface.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Zarae's keen ears picked up the sound. She wondered who was following them. Had her hunters caught up with her?
Looking to Adian who heard it also she signed, [i:1jcggnb7]Is that what I think it is?[/i:1jcggnb7]
Argo being left riderless, she called to Pwdn, "maybe on of them can ride Argo. I think Zazzt gave up. but we gotta get going, someone is out here also, and it doesnt sound friendly."
Zarae decided her dagger wouldnt be wise while on horseback. She reached to her mithril chain necklace and pulled the first sword pendant off. She decided not to pull her other sword off. Activating the magic, it elongated into a finely crafted adamantine longsword, Moonshadow. Unlike most such weapons, this had been treated with darkoil and allowed it to retain it's magical properties and not fade in sunlight.
Moonlight neighed in agitation and eagerness as they waited for the final two to cross the gap.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

Finding the others Cinder handed the horse she retrieved to Zarea " I believe we could use another horse " she said catching her breath.

" There is a dead scout not far behind I believe we are being followed. There are three or four perhaps, I would say an hour or so behind us they will be soon coming across there dead scout. These who ever they are have bad intentions toward us I know not much else but that their minds are as slippery as pond slim. Your instincts were quite accurate Adian evil very defiantly upon us."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Though I believe the source of our disturbance to be eliminated for the time being, I think we should check out what exactly Cinder found down there. . . Oh bloody blazes, you've got to kidding me!" Veraka said with sarcasm as he noticed that there were outlines of more of those with evil intentions coming toward the group on the ground.
"Adamarrak, we need to get down there, now!"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

" We may want to distribute all the weight more evenly now that we have another horse we may have to move quikely and soon "
Cinder considered. " Lyon get on this horse if you please, quickely now we must move fast."
Cinder saw the dragon coming toward them at a fast speed with the two that jioned the party this morning on it'd back.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"An hour," Adian mused. "Time for us to move. We'll need to get some distance first, then we'll move in a line to keep our numbers concealed. If possible, we'll change direction if we come across some rocky ground.

"Everyone who isn't saddled up do so now," Adian announced. "We can try to redistribute weight later when we have a larger lead. One hour in the snow isn't enough to shake these people. Once we get clear of them we can see about scouting them or even setting up a confrontation if we have to."
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Adamarrak landed right next to Cinder so that his two passengers can get off- [i:3bzpe4yy]'Do you think it is wise to take them head on, we don't know who or what they are. Maybe we should spy on them first or set a trap.' [/i:3bzpe4yy]-Adamarrak tries not to fight if its not necessary, like all silver dragons do.- [i:3bzpe4yy]'If it comes to it, I'll help you fight. And Bio, you might as well use the sword you took from my treasure cave if a fight does break out.'[/i:3bzpe4yy]

-Bio gets off Adamarrak and lands knee deep in the snow.- [i:3bzpe4yy]What sword are you talking about Adamarrak? I didn't take anything...[/i:3bzpe4yy]

-Adamarrak looks at Bio- [i:3bzpe4yy]'The one you have in-graved on the palm of you hand.'[/i:3bzpe4yy]

-Bio looks confusingly at the palm of his hand, and sees a in-gravement of a sword.- [i:3bzpe4yy]This looks like the sword I picked up in your cave, before it vanished, Adamarrak. But how is this possible? [/i:3bzpe4yy]

-Adamarrak grins at Bio- [i:3bzpe4yy]'As I thought... You will never think it just looking at you... Its a magical bastard sword of unmentionable power, centuries old. It will only bind with those of noble blood. Just say the magic word Bio, and the sword will be activated. You will know what the word is.'[/i:3bzpe4yy]

-Bio scratches his head- [i:3bzpe4yy]Word, what word? I don't know any magic! Nobody ever learned me any magic! What, must I just go around saying any word that pops into my head like killian ann'ish (sword appear).[/i:3bzpe4yy]
-Suddenly a large bastard sword with magical symbols appear in Bio's hand.- [i:3bzpe4yy]I can't believe it worked![/i:3bzpe4yy] -Bio said- [i:3bzpe4yy]This is amazing, I can feel its energy going through me.[/i:3bzpe4yy]

-Adamarrak smiles at Bio.- [i:3bzpe4yy]'You still have a lot to learn young one. Handeling the sword is in your blood. I better be off, seeing that you have enough horses here and a flying man. I don't fight unless I have to. Feel free to call me anytime if you want. Just lift the sword in the air and call my name and I will be with you as fast as I can.
Goodbye everybody, and good luck. '[/i:3bzpe4yy]
-With that Adamarrak takes of into the air with its shining scales shimmering in the sun, disappearing into the morning sun.-

-Bio runs after Adamarrak a bit overwhelmed- [i:3bzpe4yy]Wait, I don't know how this thing works![/i:3bzpe4yy] -But its to late, Adamarrak is gone.- [i:3bzpe4yy]I guess I'll be riding on Argo then, if that ok with you Zarae?[/i:3bzpe4yy]

Biot - Half Drow half ..... (Class: Dragonlord)
Nix - Drow (Class: Arcane archer)

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:4h0tzz67]All right that does it[/i:4h0tzz67] Veraka thought to himself as he went airborne, leaping off of Adamarrak's back toward the ground. He didn't know how long he was in the air for, but he saw the ground rush up at him; he felt his left leg hit the ground. As this happened, Veraka shifted his weight forward, digging his right into his chest and curling up, effectively transferring his momentum into a roll.
He came out of the roll, looking pleased with himself.
[i:4h0tzz67]I've gotta remember how to do that more often[/i:4h0tzz67] he thought to himself as he turned to the group; "If a confrontation is what they want, then I say let's give it to 'em," Veraka said in low undertone.

Turning to Adian, he asked, "paladin, how good are you with a blade? If your skill is as good as your healing prowess, then I believe you, me and Cinder could make an adequate distraction for the rest of our compatriots to make a hasty retreat," he continued on, though this time towards Cinder, "provided you have nothing against setting up an ambush for our malevolent friends coming our way, Cinder." he finished, a plan for an effective trap forming in his head.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((nice character development there))
Upon seeing Bio land a few feet from him, and then seeing a sword, about the same length as Veraka's own blade, appear in the half-drow's hand, Veraka cocked an eyebrow his direction.
"Bio, if you're as skill with a blade rivals your ability to hang on to dragons, then I believe that you would capable enough to join in our little ambush."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Bio twirls the sword from right to left around him and thinks to himself that the sword is kind if light for one its size.- [i:25ovfn0t]All I know from handling a sword I learned from the people who enslaved me. They held competition regularly and used me to train on. So I know quite a bit about handling a sword, but I also have a lot to learn. It will be a honor to help you set a trap for the people behind us. [/i:25ovfn0t]
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Then let's see what Cinder and Adian think of it; if they disagree, it might just be you and me laying the trap," Veraka said to Bio, then with a sweep of his arm, "Adian, Cinder, what say you; shall we give these idiots a taste of their own medicine?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( LOL... Biot ,,Hmm guys i am having a few problems with my sever they seem to give me service when it suits them, so if i am gone for a wile you know why. I may have to have a battle with them, and i am not getting notification all that regular so i will just check in a few times a day when i can, i am sure you can improvise if disappear for to long))

" Well Adian seems to have every thing in hand with the retreat " Cinder surmised... " So what is the plan Veraka I am up for a diversion if their minds are as slippery as the first i don't imagine they are to difficult to fool but they will be watching for trouble finding their scout in a puddle of his own blood, I don't doubt they are dangerous though."