On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As Veraka, Adian, Pwdn, and Lyon made their way and path very conspicuous, as they wanted to attract the attention their unwanted guests. Veraka's aasimar senses quickly picked up their presence;
"Adian, do you feel that, they're near by."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian relaxed and let his senses open. Then he made a soft whistling sound. The malicious intent of the intruders washed over him like a small wave. It made him mildly nausious.

"I feel it," Adian said, his voice flat."Vile hearts pounding with their hoofbeats. They haven't spotted us yet, though, I think. If we're going to do this, it had best be soon."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((if u can commune with any animal, then you can talk with Shade. She's not ur average spider...))

[i:3l181k0f]If we were fighting our own, I have something special for them. [/i:3l181k0f]
Zarae didnt think now was the time to mention possible hunters...
She whipered Shade's name in a high drow and the figurine's silver arua grew slightly brighter. a small cloud of smoke circled and grouped beside them. When it cleared a 3 ft tall, 6 ft diamater spider stood there chittering away.
"I'm sorry Shade, things have been busy."
She turned to Cinder hoping she wouldnt attack. Zarae's hands came up in defense of her friend.
She knew most non-llothite drow killed any spider, even if it followed Lurue. Her hope was that the druid in her came out first.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Pwdn, watching from above, admired the foliage that surrounded her in the short time she had free, the way the skeleton of the leaves had become the prickly ridges of needles and the bark had thickened to resist the frost. She recognised the type of tree, but that was broad-leafed and with a more delicate bark. Survival was a great catalyst for change, a number of her temple had made the point that too much assistance to others prevents them from learning from their mistakes and thus harmed them for the efforts made. It was always a careful balance between aid and support, and no-one got it right all the time. Maybe she had it easier, out here where those who needed her help were very much obvious. Duties at the temple had been far more difficult, and at times infuriating. Shaking her head slightly she rose from her reverie and prepared to act on the situation occurring below.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder turned to face the large no giant spider beside her... Her instinct was instant she signalled her mount and bolted deep into the forest~

~She sent her thoughts to Zarea when she finally stopped about a mile away~

" Zarea you really want to let me know the next time you call on your friend, and i will be sure to be out of sight I am raknaphobic!!! yes I know a racnaphobic drow is a little off the charts but there you are, don't expect me to come around until you put your friend away and by the way they are coming up our friends just let them pass so we can sandwich them ... or may i say you can sandwich them. sorry to leave you in the larch but if you need me just send your friend back to were she came and i will be beside you."

"and acually I don't realy want to talk to your friend thanks anyway"
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae caught the message. She looked sadly to Shade, "I'm afraid they need her for their plan. I promise I'll call you back when I can. But take this with you." She handed Shade a wrapped bundle and the cloud appeared and Shade was gone.
[i:2y8ngxem]Cinder? Shade went back so you can come back if you want. [/i:2y8ngxem]
She secured the black sapphire and kept her position.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

"I do apologize Zarea, I know she is a great friend to you but things just are what they are it is something I have no control over. I am sure we can manage" Cinder spoke to her in her thoughts as she swiftly made her way back to Zarea who was listening carefully.

~One again they stood hidden behind the pines beside each other and there they came sure as day, following the tracks, of the first group.~

~ " We will wait until they engage, then we can move out behind them. I will aim for the one the other side with the long white braid and wound him, I know just what to do. You can choose your luckless target." Cinder suggested. " It won't be long now Meldrinus are we ready " she whispered in his ear scratching it affectionately.
~ Closing her eyes she signeled to Adian in her mind that they had passed and her planes for the white braided drow ~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"Our ambushers are ready," Adian said to Veraka, giving his helmet a final adjustment. "Let's go."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Alright, Let's give these morons something to remember us by," Veraka said, flanking Adian as team one made their way toward their assailants, ready to lead them on a chase then spring a well-planned ambush.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((wait, I'm confused...are we about to fight drow? I wouldnt think there was anything of use to them up here...I thought it some group of orcs or gnolls, that idea...))

Zarae nodded, then activating her house insignia, cast shield and true seeing. She held a throwing dagger ready.
*I shoulda took a crossbow when I had that chance*
She pulled her piwafwi hood on and disappeared from sight.
Moonlight stood about a few feet behind them, ready for anything but looking for where the spider went.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Lyon and Frad, less able but just as determined, moved up beside Aiden and Veraka with weapons ready. Pwdn watched from above and waited for the right moment, moving out along a branch.

Lyon breathed slowly, and realised suddenly that he knew where the enemy were. "I can feel them there. They feel. . . like a sickness in my stomach. It's horrible." His grip on his sword tightened, his resolve set hard.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((I'm sure what we're facing, though from what Cinder described, it looks to be a pretty vile party of humans.))
Veraka gripped Marala Vharc, his body going into the adrenaline phase. Veraka saw a faint outline of a shadowy figure, probably a good 100 yards from them;
"Good eye, Lyon. As for your upset stomach, I believe you're not off in the slightest," he said, "these guys have aura's so black it looks like the Underdark on a grim night."
A smile formed on Veraka's face as their assailants were now in a position that was very unfarvorable for them.
Veraka let his mind go free of all thoughts as the evil group approached team one, weapons drawn.
"NOW!" Veraka bellowed as he charged, shield raised, into the unsuspecting person directly in front of him, plowing into him with the force of raging bull.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

~ In seeing the first team attack Cinder took a position behind finding her target she aimed at the white haired, having only his back to her she aimed for his shoulder pulled back her bow and let it fly. It found his left shoulder the man flinched back and fell in agony the arrow had been lasted with a poison that would make him sick for 5 days at least.~
~ that will keep him down for a wile she thought then looked over to see that Zarea was doing fine she circled around out of the way.~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Lyon jumped at the closest opponent, a tall and heavily muscular man with a double-bladed battle axe. In a mighty display of either tremendous skill or pure blind luck, the man turned at just the wrong time, so that rather than deflect the attack with his axe-haft he caught Lyon's blade in his side, skewering a kidney before it was withdrawn. Lyon had only a moment to delight in his excellent swordsmanship before a mounted warrior swung a mace down at him, lifting him right off his feet and sending him soaring back to hit a tree and slump to the ground, lights out for the rest of the fight. Frad responded with meticulous tactical appraisal and a cold calm. Moving forwards to meet the mounted fighter he ducked down between the animal's legs, lifting his axe blade up to slice through the girth strap of the saddle while bracing the haft against the floor to trip the beast and sent both horse and rider to the floor, landing at a very uncomfortable angle that made his arm snap back in a direction it wasn't supposed to go. Frad made for Lyon to move him back out of the way, the same tactic being used once again as he closed the distance; this time the rider caught a low branch which either killed him or gave him a severe concussion, from the slight trickle of blood from his ear it wasn't really possible to tell more than that the damage was severe. Hauling Lyon back to where Phenix was hidden he was caught by a trio of armoured fighters, but he didn't try to fight back as they engaged, he was below Pwdn's tree and as the unexepcted amorphous mass landed heavily on the closest one and felled him from sheer weight of impact then leapt for the second he redoubled his efforts to remove Lyon from the combat area. Her advantage of surprise gone, Pwdn squared up against the final fighter, he bore a sword and shield and was using them well. Pwdn's experimental flick of something glossy at him was swiftly blocked, and the two watched and waited for the other to leave an opening, circling warily.

"You should give up, I don't want to hurt you." Pwdn's warning received no reply, so she left an obvious opening that was easily guarded but also showing less obvious one, and sure enough he second-guessed himself and made for the more subtle strike. When Pwdn deflected the sword with a swat form her hand and very nearly split his shield with a piercing blow, his surprise was obvious. Another swing was made at her, but she caught his hand at the hilt then spread over him. The metal of his sword and armour turned an orange-red as it corroded, the blade being severed from the tang with a loud snap. Now that she had his hand trapped Pwdn divided her attention among the others in the fight, the armoured warrior's attacks at her with his shield becoming steadily weaker until he simply fell like a puppet whose strings had been cut. Unharmed, but too weak to lift himself up in the armour he wore, he was defeated. This was enough for Pwdn for now, and she set about casting a healing spell over Lyon. He had several cracked ribs and some internal bleeding, but he was coping well with it. It was fair to see what she'd meant by taking care of herself; she hadn't made a single aggressive action in the whole fight but had nonetheless felled three of them, leaving them with practically no strength of their own. Any watching her movements would recognise her shifting poise during combat as a practised martial style, though maybe not one they'd know, it was native to a region much further south. once Lyon was conscious again Pwdn looked for anyone else in need of help.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka finished off the man who he'd charged, knocking him out with a blow to the neck. As he turned to see if other enemies needed to be dealt with, he noticed how easily Pwdn had disarmed and defeated the armored foe in front of her.

"Ah Pwdn, you sure that you weren't a fighter in a past life," he asked, a smile coming across his features.

Veraka let loose a howl of anger and hurt as a surge of pain shot through his solar plexus, ruining the thought he'd had. Turning to see who had landed a hit on him, he found his answer, though not in a fashion that he liked. A well-armored, great sword wielding man had attacked Veraka from behind with a dagger; the weapon had found its mark, a crease in his dragon-scale full plate and had burrowed its way through Veraka's chain-mail undershirt and into his skin. Veraka instantly began to feel drowsy as the dagger was coated with some sort of neurological toxin; he began to see two, three, even four images of his assailant.

Veraka felt something deep within him came alive, and worked its way to the surface. His vision came back into focus; after that he didn't what was going on. He didn't have direct control of his body anymore.
Veraka watched, literally watched, as this newly awakened power took full control of his body. Veraka was both horrified and awestruck at the power behind this power. He heard himself roar, only this roar didn't sound human; it sounded feral, almost animalistic.
[i:1uc2coe6]The berserker, it's come out in full,[/i:1uc2coe6] he said to himself, realizing what had awakened inside of him.
Veraka watched as the berserker slammed into the dagger user full force, and pushed him up against a tree, holding him by the neck. Balling its other hand into an armored fist, the berserker slammed the armored fist into the man's head; the man squirmed and lashed out the berserker that possessed Veraka's body, for the all the good it did.
The berserker continued to hammer on the man's head with Veraka's fist, the man screaming bloody murder in the process. One, two, three; the armored wrecking ball came in again and again, cracking the man's skull. The crazed Veraka pulled its arm back, muscles tensing like fiber cords, and released built up energy. His fist came in one last time, smashing the mans skull and going through.
The berserker released it's grip on the now motionless corpse, which fell to the ground with an audible thump. It let loose another roar, this time signifying it's victory over the dead armored enemy.
It turned to face the rest of the vile group, some of whom were engaged with team one, others with the ambush team. It's eyes burned white-hot silver and deep-flaming red. Then it went back to its slumber, letting Veraka regain control of his body.
Veraka felt the drowsy feeling again, only this time the ground rushed up to meet him.
Last edited by veraka on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix