On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Bio looks at Cinder in amazement.- [i:2qcfzdkb]Is that really you Cinder, I havn't seen you since you help rescue me a few months ago. What a strange place for us to meet again.[/i:2qcfzdkb]
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian frowned, but considered it. The idea had merit. An ambush would make them cautious, at the very least, and enable the rest to escape.

"I am good enough," Adian said. "I concur. Our object should be to slow them down and make them cautious so we can lose them. A more serious fight is too risky out here in the wild. If these people are as foul as Cinder seems to be saying then the world might be better off without a few of them, but we will have to be careful...we do not know their capabilities, and for all we know they may have as colorful a set of capabilities as we do."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((dont forget the group rogue...))

[i:335jkbza]retreat? and fight without me?[/i:335jkbza] she signed, [i:335jkbza]we'll see about that[/i:335jkbza].
Zarae cast invisibility on Moonlight and made herself vanish from sight. They scouted ahead, passing the others.
She found the body of the dead scout and his warm blood melting the snow. sliding from Moonlight's back she edged in closer to see if she recognized him.
*not one I've seen before*
She searched his belonging to find anything.
when Zarae finished, she hopped back on Moonlight and continued to scout ahead.
in a clearing, there was a noticeable campsite, a few days old. from appearances, it seemed like some of the woodsmen of the area and their campsite.
*Pyoro said few were out this time of the year.*
then they sensed it ahead. Something or someone was ahead in the deep trees.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:14hpjh1b]All right, then, two paladins, a ranger, and a . . . a half-drow dragon wrangler, I guess; good enough[/i:14hpjh1b] Veraka thought to himself.
"All right then; I've devised two ideas, one to use in case the other fails. First idea; Adian, I'm assuming you know where Zarae and the others are headed, so we're going to need that knowledge to throw our assailants off our scent, or at least slow them down," he said, starting to quickly draw out his idea in the snow.
"My first plan involves two steps: first, me and one other, team one, will attract the attention of our unwanted friends, leading them on a goose chase," Veraka drew a line to mark team ones path.
"The two others, team two, will be waiting for us to pass, leading those goons past them as well, here" he pointed to a junction in the woods.
"When team two is confident that we have the idiots trapped in between them and team one, they'll use a call sign as a signal to team one. With them trapped in between us, team two has the advantage of surprise, and team one will have me as a juggernaut, fighting won't be much of a problem. We spring on them, engaging in blitzkrieg tactics, then disappear into the forest. Each team should have two escape points bare minimum. Also, don't engage them for more than one minute tops, as this is a diversionary tactic; we're trying to make think that the direction that we're attacking from is the direction that the rest of our group is falling back to."
Plan two; should the first strategy fail, team two will be responsible for covering team ones retreat.," turning to Adian and Bio, he asked "Do both of you have ranged weapons? We'll need them. Also, if the first plan goes to the Nine Hells, Cinder, I'll need you to have an retreat path and a way to cover our tracks; we may have to double back on ourselves if it comes down to plan two," Veraka said , his voice taking on calm commanders tone.
"There remains only thing," he produced four different stones from a pouch on his belt; there was an emerald, a ruby, a sapphire, and a diamond in his armored glove. "Take one, each of you; should any of us get separated from our respected teammate, it would be wise to have some backup to call upon," he said, extending his armored hand forward.
"Each stone contains its like elemental within it; should any of you need it, simply toss the stone onto the ground, and utter the name of the elemental within. Their names will be etched into the stones. A word of caution, though. These are elder elementals that are within these stones; when summoned, they will assist you, however, after that, let them do what they will on their own."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

(( hmmm... I was assuming that they were following us as state some were back Zarea was having us being followed by some one that had killed the friends back in the small town were they got the horses are they ahead or behind there seems to be some confusion on this issue ))

"Biot Biot Savart !!!" Cinder is Surprised to discover that this was the same man she had come across shortly after parting with her teacher. well fancy meeting you here, I see you have become quite adventurous making up for lost time with your new found freedom, and here you are i am pleased to once again make your acquaintance. " She inclined her head. " And you have recovered from your great fall from the sky " She giggled.

" Your plan sounds solid enough Veraka save one thing unfortunately i have not the talent to make numerous tracks in the snow disappear that may be up Zazzt alley i may be able to enter there minds an have them believe the do not see tracks but that would take my concentration away from my accuracy with my bow, and as it is so that we are not certain how many there are. Although my blood is full of enthusiasm for the venture per posed perhaps I should stay with Zarea, I am sure we can both protect the others if it came to that and our mounts are both strong and fast " Cinder felt somewhat protective of the sensitive and gentle Pwdn.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((That is exactly what I was assuming to begin with when I made the idea.))
"Very well, Cinder, do what you think is ideal, just make sure that you are ready if worst comes to worst," Veraka stated, nodding his head.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((then let's ambush their ambush :devil:))
"Alright, we all clear on what we're doing?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Pwdn looked about, taking in the chatter and frenzied planning. "Do we really need- no, I suppose that it's inevitable. I can look after myself, don't worry about me." She gave a gleeful, beaming smile and worked a number of protective charms. Bless, protection from evil, protection from normal missiles, haste, luck, and all of them cast group-wide. "And all of you too, if needs be." Lyon and Frad seemed ready to fight too, and got no refusal from Pwdn so made ready.

"We're going to help." "As much's we can, least." Lyon was determined to impress with his usefulness, and was eager to get to grips with the foe. His sword was drawn swiftly, and with another motion from Pwdn glowed with magical power. She looked about her to each of those present. "If anyone needs a specific casting, now would be a good time to ask."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian nodded. Veraka's plan was solid, particularly because of its simplicity. If they were hunting his companions, then they would [i:19cstni5]have[/i:19cstni5] to pursue the decoys, even if they realized it was the prelude to a trap. They key was hitting them when they wouldn't expect it.

"Just remember that this is supposed to be a skirmish...to slow them and make them cautious. I don't want anyone risking themselves in a prolonged fight with any of them. If you can incapacitate one or more of them, great, but don't take any more risks than you must. Until we know their nature, I'd prefer to simply lose them in the wilderness rather than exterminate them."

That depended on their intent, strength, and other factors, of course. That would have to be determined in mid-battle, so he needed to keep a clear head.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((sorry if I sound a bit commanding, it's just that this is an idea I had for my story; I just wanna see a possible outcome.))
"Alright then; Adian, myself, and Lyon will make up team one; Cinder, you're in charge of team two. Take Pwdn and Biot, and find Zarae; We're gonna need her stealth abilities should we find ourselves up in the Nine Hells in trouble. Anyone else that wants to join the ambush team now's the time, though I would prefer our healers and ranged attackers to be in team two, safer that way."
Last edited by veraka on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

(((LOL... Zarea I was getting confused too it is all becoming clear though, but is Adian or Zazzt and Pwnd aware of those that are hunting you?? or are you not aware of those that hunt you??)

"Biot can you round up Zarea wile we get organized here they will be upon us soon enough i think, take that horse I brought back and make good time, time is of esence here i think, and fill her in one what has been desided here thus far "

~Cinder was looking for something in her bag and found a piece of cloth that was quite transparent from her bag, and tore it handing one peice to Adian~ "rap this round your eyes Adian if you like it may help the burning in your eyes some what, I find i can see quite well with the coverings on " She offered.
"So once we have Zerae then we will proceed then to find a concealment in the bushes we will circle back so that we don't have to worrie about thows bothersome tracks in the snow being discovered, if we make good speed we will have just enough time. Sandwich it is Veraka. And Zazzt is taking care of the tracks then when we finally make our escape I am sure it will be a simple matter for him.
Accually there is the mattter of the horses Pwdn, there will be need of some of us doubling up I think that was a concern there is 6 mounts and 9, oh yes Zazzt has no need of one make that 8 with 6 mounts. Which of us can best manover with a second rider do we think??
Last edited by CinderSuru on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian took it and eyed it a little dubiously. Then he shrugged and closed his eyes to remove the two dark cloths and replaced them with the transparent one. Slowly he opened his eyes, expecting the glare of the sun off the snow...and stared. He could see. Possibly as well as any of the rest of the party. The light still stung his skin a bit, but he could [i:gc2neaup]see[/i:gc2neaup].

"Amazing," he said, his violet eyes looking around. "So this is what they daylight world looks like without the glare."
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Bio wanted to put his sword away, but didn't know how, and suddenly it magically disappeared again and the engravement on the palm of his hand was back. Its like the sword knew what he wanted to do.-
[i:3d5jfarw]I studied a while under a Arcane Archer and picked up some of his skills, but I lost my bow while hanging on to Adamarrak. Luckily it was a normal handmaid bow I maid for hunting. If somebody has an extra bow that I can use for now, I will appreciate it. As for now, I will quickely go and find Zarea.[/i:3d5jfarw]
-With one leap Bio jumps into the trees, jumping from tree to tree moving fast and without making a sound through the forest in the direction that Zarea went. Bio cought up to her where she was standing in what looks like a old campsite. He went to stand next to her.-
[i:3d5jfarw]Whats wrong, do you sense something? -His senses not fully developed yet- We have to get back to the others to get ready for our diversion attack.[/i:3d5jfarw]
CinderSuru
Champion

Post by CinderSuru »

(( you for got your horse Biot..lol ))

~Cinder watched Biot move swiftly swinging from tree to tree seemingly something that came very natural to him was slitly puzzled ~
"Perhaphs Pwdn we will not have to worrie about a shotage of mounts for the time being after all " she turned to Pwhn scratching her head.
"I think we bettter keep an eye on him he seemed fine when I left him to his own devices a few moons ago."
Biot-Savart
Maid
Maid

Post by Biot-Savart »

-Bio decided to find Zarea not on horseback because he moves a lot faster and a lot more quiet through the forest on his own than on horseback. He doesn't want to give there position away. He only uses other transport when traveling large distance.-