On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian looked around at the others.

"I believe we are," he said. "We ride for four hours before we give the horses a rest, then keep going until dawn. I think it'd be best to camp at that point."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((waitin for Pwdn before leaving. she's gotta pack and hop on phenix...unless she says go ahead without her))

so as to not waste space:

Pyoro could help but laugh at the drow. He was tempted to smack the horse on the but to make them go. but he restrained himself. even if it would be hilarious.
"sounds like a good plan. their fed in in their saddlebags. When you take the saddles off, brush them down once. helps wipe off sweat and keep out cold. When you stop for the night, put their blankets on, they'll appreciate you more." he paused a second to look at each.
"find the cave. The pieces you'll want I believe are a blackish gem. They glow with a dull magical pulse. that should be the keys. be careful and take good care of my horses. I will be scrying from time to time."
Kyahel turned tword them, tears in her eyes, "If you find a human male corpse in fine chain and teal cloak, please bring me back Earon's silver ring and bring his body home. My husband deserves a decent burial."
Kyahel headed into the store, Siavara's arms around her and both teared up. Pyoro shook away his sadness with urgency of the situation and focused on the issues at hand.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Well, we certainly could, but that idea depends on Pwdn getting on sometime soon, and we can't really know that. We could simply assume she travels with us, moves the RP along, and doesn't really take much off of her opportunities.

Zazzt nodded, "Very well." But under his breath he muttered "Four hours?" and silently debated leaving the horses and simply running along with the others. He had done so before, but he didn't know about doing that for four hours every day. "Ah well, you might have to excuse me occasionally falling, never ridden a horse before, usually just teleport or walk..." He shrugged, "Well at least the ground is softened by the snow." He smiled.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

((Apologies, my computer has a few issues with connection, I think the wireless card is damaged so I've got it on cable for now))

Pwdn was swayed by the offer of a meal, and accepted the stew graciously, eating quickly but with very refined movements. It was strange to watch, each mouthful dispersing past her mouth and then rapidly disintegrating into nothingness. "I am not used to accepting so many gifts, and I am grateful for all the aid you offer. I will return all you've given, to the very best of my ability." She selected a heavy fur-lined coat with a cowl and knee-high boots, but nothing more restricting than that. She was specifically sparse with what she took, only accepting what was most necessary. She did however spend some time selecting various medicines and healing supplies for the rest of the group, she had to be sure she was of as much use as possible for them. This done she approached Phenix slowly, horses tended to be wary of her at first. In this case, however, Phenix seemed to be completely unbothered by Pwdn and simply paced at the ground impatiently as she waited to be moved on. "Okay, I'm sorry." Pwdn climbed up into the saddle a little awkwardly, she understood riding but had had very little practise; owning a horse was a drain on resources better spent on those who would never even have the chance to own one. Pwdn smiled to Kyahel. "If we find your husband's body, I may have the chance to bring him back to you alive. I will do what I can, but be aware that sometimes it's just not possible. Still, there is yet hope for him."

She seemed very ready to restore others to life, at least so far. It was not an easy spell to cast, in fact it was genuinely damaging for most but she had not shown any sign that she considered it something to be withheld from anyone killed while still in their youth. Ilmaterians were often keen to help, but Pwdn seemed to take the ideals of mayrtyrdom very much to heart. There was no doubt that if she had the opportunity she would readily restore an entire village put to the sword. That however was a question to ask her later, but it did raise the issue of how she was to fight. One so committed to ending suffering would never deliberately harm another living being, but she had to have found a way around that. It would need to be asked eventually, unless somehow demonstrated before one of them could inquire. "Phenix? I'm going to trust you to find a path for us, okay? I am certain you understand what to do a great deal better than I."
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian nodded to Kyahel as she was walked away.

"We will be riding for the entirety of the day, Zazzt," Adian said. "With stops every four hours or so to rest them until the trail forces us to walk. Despite their sturdiness the cold can still get into their bones and I do not wish to push them too hard without more experience with them."

He looked around as the group looked more or less settled in their saddles.

"All right then," he said, checking the map to orient himself. "Let's go."

With a light toss of the reins, he got Raven turned and moving in the right direction.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked at Pwdn out of the corner of his eye, but his expression was unreadable. His fingers, however, were a totally different matter. They were quickly signing to Adian, "A cleic who can raise the dead is not one to be trifles with. But then again, you already know that, seeng as you hail from the Promenade. In any case, I have never encountered a person like her, a new form of construct, perhaps?" He stood up in the saddle, "Well, we are all present and accounted for, onward then brave adventurers, onward to glory, and women aplenty." Despite his words though, Zazzt had no idea of how to make the horse move to afore mentioned onward, in the end, he simply opted to try a spell that would link his mind with the horses's, and sent the surprisingly intelligent animal an urgent need to go forward.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

[i:3nx44pes]I have no idea,[/i:3nx44pes] Adian signed back. [i:3nx44pes]But I know she has no malice in her. Quite the opposite in fact. Her chosen deity...The Crying God, I suspect...is quite fond of this one.[/i:3nx44pes]

Adian was about to tell Zazzt to simply tap the sides of his horse with his feet but Zazzt had already begun casting a spell.

[i:3nx44pes]Uh, oh....[/i:3nx44pes]

Zazzt was a powerful mage...and as such he sometimes slid into overkill.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Pyoro whispered a prayer and walked in with his daughter.

"Zazzt, you gotta be one with the horse. He wont lead you wrong. Havent you ridden a lizard? these are easier, plus theres no ceiling to crawl on. try to avoid trotting until you can move with his movements. Trotting tends to be bumpy for inexperienced." Zarae called out to him. She could feel Moonlight's excitement and restlessness grow. She saw Pwdn's bit of awkwardness, "You got it, use your legs and reigns and be confident. They trust you to lead them as they work [i:34r2aakk]with [/i:34r2aakk]you."
Looking to Adian, "four hours is good time. And they'll let you know otherwise."
"So we ready?" she called out to everyone.

Adian got Raven going, followed by Pwdn on Phenix and Zazzt on Argo.
Zarae knew it was coming, some how he told her.
Moonlight waited a bit and reared up. the others were getting a good lead on them. She then whispered to him, 'alright, lets go then.' She tightened her legs around his muscled abdomen and hands on his mane.
Moonlight started with a canter, picking up speed and closing the distance. His gait was smooth and easy, his run quick and precise. He turned sharp around the building and burst out into a full run. It was a matter of seconds when she caught up with the others and then passed them. She smiled and laughed like she hadnt in years, her eyes more violet than usual. Her long hair flowed back with Moonlight's own. His sleek black coat reflecting in the moonlight, the feel of his heart racing with excitement, happy to be out. She moved with the motion of his run, like they were one. Turning her head she could see confused faces. He needed the run he reminded Zarae. After a good five minutes her and Moonlight paused at the top of the hill.
'I reckon we better meet back up before they ask.'
He acknowledged the statement and they cantered back to the group.

((by the way, we got a 90% chance of snow!!! i know that seams trival, but im in FL, we aint had snow since 93...yay for snow!!! ok im done now:D))
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian looked a little annoyed and a little amused.

"They're going to be walking all night," Adian said. "So that run was a waste of energy...and then you wasted more by coming back to us instead of waiting.

"That said," he added with a slight smile. "You looked like you were having fun."

He sighed before he turned it into a complete lecture. Besides he couldn't really blame her. The light of the stars and the moon on the snow made this place seem almost as clear as daylight to his sensitive eyes, making the place look both alien and beautiful.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Moonlight's breath looked like smoke from a dragon's nose in the cool night air. He easily walked beside Raven, almost encouraging him to run.
"wait, dont look at me. He asked and I said ok. He says he's got alot in him still. that run was just a warm-up." She reached up and scratched behind his ears. Zarae sat comfortably and easy on Moonlight's bare back. He shook his head, throwing off the bit of snow that gathered.
"I loved sneaking off and riding the lizard mounts back in my homeland. It came kinda easy after the first fall. I had a chance to ride one of the pony's from the Glade right after I came to the surface. I gave her back before I headed off tho."
she thought a minute, "Your right, I haven had this much fun since my twin brother Nilree and me snuck off outta the compound and into the city. we got into some real trouble when we got back, the whip sure stung. but it was worth it."
She looked back to Pwdn and Zazzt, "yall ok?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

"Unh, t-thank you." Pwd smiled to Zarae and nodded in response to the advice, and shifted her weight slightly. Well, more than slightly, she was liberal enough with her adaptation to Phenix's gait that the horse turned to her with an curious expression. "Just trying to get the both of us more comfortable, girl. Nothing to worry about." She stroked the horse's neck, and watched Zarae ride. It had been a long time since she'd seen drow and to see all of them so happy was a wonder. She reflected on this for a moment, and then as the conversation took a turn to their home on it's own took this as a good omen. "Have you been home to the cities recently?" Pwdn tried to imagine how it would be best to ask such a question, but knew only little of the drow culture. She could speak the languages but did not fully understand their use, but this could not be helped.

"I was wondering if you know what happened to a certain family; they used to be quite influential but it has been several years and there were rumours of a feud with another family, apparently it went badly and. . . " She trailed off, it was difficult because she knew little of the penalty for losing a feud but given her own method of travel from the place she doubted any were still alive. She asked mainly as a matter of personal interest, perhaps she would find a way to offer them her help. They'd brought her into the world so she owed them that much, even if they'd never accept. In all likelihood though, no news would be forthcoming. "The name is, or was, House Chiana? It was one of the lesser cities, and they were in charge for a while."

She might have better said her family, but she didn't consider them hers any more and if they yet survived they certainly wouldn't consider her their own. It was an aimless question and one she would rather get out of the way early so that it did not need to be raised again.
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian looked at the others, then shrugged.

"My experience until recently is limited to the Promenade of Undermountain," Adian said. "So I am afraid that I have little to offer on the subject."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"I have to go along with Adian. I havent been on the surface long or traveled much. I might would have got to travel if I had made it to the Academy before.... but I came from a very small city compared to most drow cities, Lith My'athlar. House Mar'Vir's been in charge for as long as I can recall (some 17 yrs). But it wasnt the first house always. How long ago are we talking here?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt shrugged, "I have not heard of a house by that name. Then again, I do not really keep track of all the Houses I encounter on my journies. I blame my upbringing in House De'Virdeen for that." He looked dubiously at Zarae, "Being one with a horse? I think I have accomplished that, albeit in a manner you would not use." He joked, keeping pace with Adian.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae looked at Zazzt, "poor horse. got tired of female drows." she joked. she thought she heard a couple of the horses snicker, but shrugged.

the snow lightened up a bit. the horses feet crunched in the new batch. the trail begin to dip into a decline. the trees and snow block the view ahead.

a good distance down the trail, keen ears could pick up on shouting. a human and a dwarf were arguing in front of a wide gap in the trail. Both the human and dwarf were outfitted for adventure. Their argument was about how they would cross the gap. Apparently it was too wide for the dwarf to jump across, and the human had suggested he could throw the dwarf across it. "no one tosses a dwarf..."

((sorry, couldnt help it...its a funny scene))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~