On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt nodded, "Ah, I see... Dragons can usually be an uisance, unless properly reared from a young age. Ah well, if push comes to shove, I believe we could take down that dragon, but I would rather avoid sensless violence."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

Pwdn smiled at Siavara's distaste for the Drow, and stopped him before he left. "Ilmater teaches that mercy is the greatest of virtues, and temperance is valued above all wisdom. Consider that the drow you so hate would take the same attitude towards your kind, being hateful and judgemental without clear cause. Are you not better than them, wiser and more virtuous? Mercy and temperance, remember, and Ilmater bless your endeavours." She cast a blessing on him, and let him go about his work.

She was happy to be greeted so kindly by the others, but caught Zarae's inquisitive glance. She signed back subtly, listening to the conversation; she told that she had been sold to surfacers by her sister many years past. This would explain a lot, her knowledge of the language but lax understanding of its' use and why she followed none of the three deities of the drow but instead was a devotee of the suffering god, but not just how she became what she now was.

"I would say that it would be advantageous to seek out this young dragon. She is likely more aware of this threat than we are, and may be able to tell us what we face or at least advise us on how to deal with it. She is as at threat as this village from such a thing, such evils rarely are content with meagre territory and hers will be claimed along with yours when it expands. I would like to negotiate with her, if this wizard-" she made a deferential gesture "-would be willing to, um, introduce me?"
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"You raise a good point," Adian said. "But that would depend on the temprament of the dragon. With all due respect, I would prefer to investigate the cave first. That way we might have at least some information before we have words with the creature."

He'd encountered a dragon--up very close and personal--a year ago. The experience was carved into his memory...and that had been a friendly meeting. Though he was [i:2ge72a1j]slightly[/i:2ge72a1j] more experienced now than he had been then, confronting a dragon was not high on his list of ambitions...particularly one on its home territory.

He would if he had to...he was not a coward...but if there were other ways to do the same thing then such an encounter was best left avoided.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Siavara thought on Pwdn's words as her fed and groomed the horses. He gave each a nice rub down and cleaned out their hoofs. Then he worked on shoeing Adian's mare. The horse gave a bit of an agruement but Siavara had been able to talk the mare into calming down.
Kyahel had slipped out the back and over to the stables.
"I brought you a bowl of stew before anymore show up. You will want to prepare four of them, and the best ones we got."
He nodded as he slurped down the stew.
As the horses finished their oats, Siavara and his mother began to prepare the tack, finding the four horses bridles, lightweight saddles, and saddle bags for supplies. Moonlight, the black and white stallion paint was his favorite, but he had been told to prepare the stallion for the female. He whispered to him and walked over to the black gelding, Raven, checking out it's shoes. He neighed and then complied. The white mare, Phenix laid down in her stall resting before her journey. Siavara finished up with the palomino gelding , Argo and checking his shoes.

Zarae thought, "I like the idea of a dragon ally. I've always wanted to meet a dragon, but I dont think this village is wanting us to deal with their dragon problem. Plus, I like the idea of horses. I havent ridden anything since my House was destroyed, well I did train on a pony back in the Glade. And I loved riding the lizard mounts. Who hasnt wanted to ride a majestic horse.

Pyoro listened as each discusesed their opinions. "If you chose to deal with the dragon, I ask it be afterwards; time may be of the essence. She prefers to be alone and doesnt bother anyone as long as they stay grounded. but she is a good protection against airstrikes! Getting answers will be enough of a challenge for yall in this weather."
He began to walk tword the opening in the wall that seperated the store from the house.
"As for fire," he pulled out an unusual plant that was orange and red, "this had the ability to keep lit for 12 hours and warms twice as much as a regular fire and less obvious to enemies. I have 8 to give out. So when yall are ready, Head into the store and find warm blankets, shoes, clothes, and cloakes."
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, "A dragon can be a powerful foe, and a useful ally. However, Adian is right, it all depends on the dragon." He looked around, "But if time is of the essence, perhaps it would be best if I went ahead. This food, while delicious, will not give us the answers we seek. I am not hungry, and this would not be the first time I have had to stay awake for a whole cycle of the sun. And I will not take a horse from you now. The beast would not fare well in the winter, and I have gotten used to winter's bite." He stood up, and bowed, "I will require a map to see where I am off to, however."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"not much of a group player then," Pyoro joked. "If you wish to leave now I wont stop you, but they planned to leave tonight if you decide to journey with them. I like the chances of success with everyone here working together. As for my horses, they are bred for this season. Tho not technically magical, they have a [i:2tu43iog]special [/i:2tu43iog]bloodline. And unless slain by foe, they will return should anything happen to their riders." Pyoro walked behind the store counter and rifled through the piles of parchment. The store had numerous maps of many locations. "Ah, here we go," handing Zazzt a map and two part of the plant he promised. "This is the Lake, here is the cave."
Turning to the others, "Who will be acting as the group leader? I have this other map for them."

Zarae had walked into the store to look for supplies as she heard Pyoro ask who would be acting leader. She considered it, but didnt know enough of the surface world. 5 days wasnt long compared to those who had been up here for years.
'Let someone else who's been up here longer.'
She had much of her supplies from when she left for the surface. Warmer clothes, however, might be a smart idea.
Over to the left side was shelves of winter clothes, categorized by type and general sizes. Most the shirts and pants were of padded leathers and hides. She rifled through the options, before she spotted some small enough to fit her lean body. The dark leather was thick and padded with a soft and warm fabric unknown to her. Next she found folded on a tables, some thick warm blankets. two were piled in her arms. Her knee-high black boots were special and magical, so Zarae only grabbed a spare pair, hoping to not need them. Her deep crimson piwafwi was waterproof and a great windbreaker. However, she pulled out a thick night-black hooded cloak from the shelf. All the items would fit in her travel bag well, since the extra-dimensional bag had an unlimited space. Pyoro acknowledged her selection as she packed the blankets and boots.
Next, shirt and pants in under her arm, she headed twords the navigational equipment. In the Underdark, she never needed a compass, but she pocketed it just in case. Lamps and torches were of no use to her. Few could see as good as a drow.
Zarae finally headed twords the counter and set the shirts and pants on the counter waiting for the others to decide what they needed.

Siavara was almost finished with the horses. The drow could then get out of town.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian frowned but shrugged.

"So long as you choose to scout and not try to take the place yourself," Adian said to Zazzt. "If I can help it we will not be too far bahind you...and knowing you, you are likely to need Pdwn's talents regardless.

"I shall take the map, then," he said. "I have learned a few things in a year. If these horses are bred for the cold, then I shall leave Lucia here and take what you offer. She could use the rest in any case."

Adian watched as Zarae picked her items.

"An extra set or two of stockings," he advised. "If the pair you are wearing get wet you will be risking...er...'ice-bite.'"

He also took a similar array of goods for himself, including extra tack and jerky and a wollen saddle blanket. Adian chose to take a few torches as well. There were other uses for fire besides light. He nodded at Pyoro and looked at Pdwn expectantly.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt shrugged, "Eh, I have lived for most of my life by myself. But given the time, I would have prefered to have Adian with me, but that would simply be taking too much from the rest of the group." He looked around, "If you all planned to leave tonight, I see no point in my journeying alone, the head start I would get would be insufficient compared to the dangers of traveling alone." He barely glanced at the clothes offered, and looking into his mostly empty pack, stood up, and pulling a set that fit him, put that in there.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((OOC: sorry about Argo's pix, its not my best. and if u happen to wonder, I am a horse person. Its in my blood...lol))

Siavara finally got to the saddling of the horses.
Beginning with Argo:
[b:19eebujf]Argo [/b:19eebujf]was a medium sized horse, about 15 and a half hands high. He was a good age for a horse, not too young and not too old. His golden winter coat made his white mane and tail almost glow like a brilliant amber gem. There was a snip of white to o along with his two white socks. He was stoutly built with a well muscled chest and thick legs; built to plow through the snow. The lightweight brown saddle fit him perfectly and his emerald green bridle was a contrast yet complementary to his golden coat.As he was lead out to the hitching post, his muscles rippled(?) with his flowing graceful movement. Being a gelding, his temperament was calm and easy going. He enjoyed the winter and snow. He neighed as he carried his tail high, excitement obvious to those who knew horses.
[img:19eebujf]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... y/argo.jpg[/img:19eebujf]

Next was [b:19eebujf]Phenix[/b:19eebujf]. She was a bit shorter, only 15 hands high, and plump as horses go. But she was by no means slow. She had been built for strength and weight carrying. She was a bit older than the rest, but still in the prime of her years. Her all white shaggy coat made her more ghost like. She carried her tail high and her gait was easy. Her eyes were unusual, the iris had little pigment, just a touch of blue (walleye). She looked blind to most, but her watchful intelligence showed otherwise. Her temperament was a bit more erratic, as was normal for mares. She could be sweet and calm one moment and angry a second later. Siavara fixed her up with her heavy saddle, cherry pink bridle, and tied her up next to Argo, her best friend. She was easier to control if she stayed near Argo.
[img:19eebujf]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... heniox.jpg[/img:19eebujf]

After Phenix was [b:19eebujf]Raven[/b:19eebujf]. It was common sense where his name came from. He coat was a charcoal black with tints of graying in his wavy mane and tail. A large white stripe down his nose broke up the black of his thick fur. He stood 16 hands high and was built lean. He was a runner; one of the fastest they had. He was young and spirited, despite having been gelded. He loved to run, and if not careful a rider could fall if he decided to take off. His white saddle and bridle was a bit dirty. Siavara wiped then down before tacking him up. He whinnied and pranced as he walked twords the other three horses.
[ [img:19eebujf]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... /raven.jpg[/img:19eebujf]

All three were ready, saddled and bridled. In their saddle bags was feed, a brush and a thick horse blanket for when they stopped to rest. Siavara sadly walked back to the stable. Kyahel had told her son not to worry about Lucia, Adian’s horse. She wasn’t to make the trip. She waited by the three as Pyoro and the female drow walked by, then sprinted.

Pyoro let the drow finish the last things, get their supplies together, and handed each their 2 pieces of the plant and Adian the map. “I’m gunna check on the progress of the horses. If any of you are finished, you can follow. Just keep a low profile. Even if most everyone is inside, I prefer to not have any problems.”

Zarae pulled the warm clothes on over her own. They were still a bit big but they were the smallest that would fit her height. Having finished gathering her supplies, she headed to the stables following Pyoro. Three of the horses had been brung out and were ready. After a loud whinny and the sound of hoof slamming ground, they both sprinted twords the stable. Moonlight reared again and Siavara finally let go the halter rope.
“Something’s wrong. He wont let me saddle or bridle him.” He tried to act surprised at Moonlight’s reaction.
“Havent you trained him? That’s what you were suppose to been doing this last summer.”
“I never got to it. So he’s never been broke yet.”
“We are gunna have a talk later after our guest leave. Alright, then fix up Spirit…”
“Wait!” cried Zarae. She walked slowly over twords the stallion. His black coat was as dark as midnight. His long flowing mane and tail a silvery white, just like the drow. Moonlight got his name from the white crescent shaped spot on his forehead and four white stockings on his legs. He was tall and proud, standing closer to 17 hand high. He began to rear again, but stopped, nose flared. Zarae walked calmly to him, hand out stretched. She didn’t understand, but she felt a connection with the majestic being; it was like she could understand him and he understood her. Her hand came down on his fine muscled neck and he neighed. She stepped closer and he nuzzled her. Both Pyoro and Siavara looked at each other amazed.
“Moonlight doesn’t want the saddle or bridle, and I will ride him bareback.” Zarae said at last.
“What? He’s not been ridden before,” piped in Siavara, hoping that she wouldnt take him.
She looked at them then back to Moonlight. With grace, her hand on his whithers, she slung her legs around and hopped on his back.
“Well, he seams to allow it. I guess I could let you take him, tho Spirit is a mighty steed and prolly more to your liking. can you even handle him? You have no control over that horse as it is.”

Moonlight’s supplies were packed into Zarae’s pack along with her own. She and Moonlight trotted out of the barn to meet with the others. followed by Pyoro and Siavara.

One didnt ride Moonlight, he chooses to carry you or not.
[img:19eebujf]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... light2.jpg[/img:19eebujf]
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt looked dubiously at the horses. He had never ridden before, and so he just looked at the trio, unsure of which one to take. "Perhaps it would be best if I walked?" He muttered under his breath, "'be never ridden a horse before, which so you recommend?" He asked Pyoro.

Zyeke
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((i hope Pwdn is able to write soon so she's not left behind. she'll have a bit to catch up on. so I'll anwser short and general here.))

Pyoro joined up with those outside near the horses.
Rubbing Argo's neck he responded to Zazzt, "well, Argo is the easiest to ride and control. He's a good horse too, for beginners. Mares are a bit temperamental, so Phenix might give you trouble and Raven's a bit spirited, loves to run. I let you in on a secret, they're very intelligent so they understand much. treat them well, and they will be good to you. Like I said, [i:3oeuop4w]special [/i:3oeuop4w]bloodline."
from atop of Moonlight, Zarae asked, "what's in their bloodline?"
"Moonlight, I dont know. I found him out in the wilderness as a colt. All that was left of his mother was a bloody pulp." He whispered real low, "These guys," pointing tword the three, "have Pegasus blood in their veins."
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

"I believe I can handle Raven," Adian said. "If you're inexperienced with horses, you might be best with Argo. I trust that Pdwn can handle Phenix."

Sure enough it didn't take long for Adian to bring the horse under control after he mounted.

"Easy now, girl," he said quietly,rubbing her neck a bit. "There you are now."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae snickered, (in drow) "I believe you mean, 'easy boy'. Raven's a gelding. Easy mistake if castrated I reckon"

((i can delete this if u dont want it as a joke...))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adina took a second look at Raven, then shrugged.

"A liguistic misunderstanding," he said. "Thouh why anyone would want to castrate a horse is beyond me."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, and climbed on Argo. While not particularly graceful, he managed to sit straight in the saddle. "Well pegasi bred gores would tend to be more intelligent, tis true. So then, are we more or less prepared for the journey?"

Zyeke