On the Shores of Despair

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((still ironic yall put me to do missile attacks with no real missile weapon...just sayin...lol...i'm gunna add one to my equip in my character page soon now...))

Zarae, as well as anyone around, heard the signal.
*not too suttle...*
She aimed her dagger at one that was sneaking upon the ambushers. her aim was dead on and it hit him below the clavicle. He fell into the snow, dropping his own dagger.
She imprinted each target's profile so she could retrieve her daggers when the fight was done.
her daggers struck again and again, till she was down to 1 in her belt strap. Keeping her focus on those not directly fighting kept her distracted from the main battle.
Suddenly she saw assailants attack Veraka and the rider attack Lyon, but her daggers wouldnt reach in time. Her last throwing dagger struck one about to attack the dwarf as he hauled his friend to safety. Frad likely didnt even know he went down, worried as he was about Lyon. Pwdn got to Lyon as Frad went after the attacker.
Adian seam to have his under control and doing well to drop them before his blade. ((i know he hasnt got to post but i'm guessing he's a good fighter...)). Zarae didnt see Zazzt, but he was likely hitting them from the air.

She almost pulled her longswords out but the fight was under control with Pwdn helping the injured.

Soon the snow was caked in red and fallen men as they thinned out.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

(( thows dagers il do all all the damage we need Zarea for this job just a quick hit and run))
"Is this a good time to retreat Adian" she asked in her thoughts ? "none of ours seem to be hurt to badly and i think we have done enough to slow them down seriously enough shall i signal to get ready to go" she added. "will you be able to take care of our tracks" she asked Zazzt.
Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind
Resident

Post by Ra'Sona Races-The-Wind »

When Veraka called to her Pwdn smiled and ducked her head, a little embarrassed. She had had a lot of time to work on a defensive style since all of her spells were beneficial and didn't require much in the way of metamagic since she had managed to acquire access to so many.

((Again with our old GM, once we hit 15-ish in levels he realised I wasn't getting as much or indeed anything really apart from EXP from the just-for-fun dungeon crawls we did between stages of the story arc, and started handing out skill points instead and even gave feats if I could run it with a handicap. Got an extra level 9 spell slot for getting the whole party through one without anyone taking pre-soak damage. It was quite fun to be challenged like that, but she is rather frighteningly powerful because of it))

Pwdn saw Veraka take a knife in the back, and was closing the gap with him when he seemed to become something entirely different. His normally sure and precisely-judged movements were suddenly powerful, relentless; it was like a river bull on the approach. Chaotic, without subtlety, but utterly irresistible to those standing in the way. She stifled a gag as he punched the man's face out of the back of his head and into a tree then ran forwards when he fell. The poison was an unpleasant one, but not magical; she quickly purged it and restored him from the paralysis it caused. A healing spell gave him back some of the strength he'd lost and cured some of the wounds he'd sustained during the man's desperate struggles. "I think we're moving away now, are you still you in there?" She was fairly sure she could get out of the way if he was still whoever had just been wearing his body, but since he'd just fallen like that she had a feeling he was Veraka again. "Is anyone else hurt?"

Frad had moved with Lyon, engaging where it was safe and retrieving daggers and any intact arrows while they moved to save time for the others.

((Going to wait for others to catch up, probably should have waited on the last post but I didn't think of that and I've typed it all up now. >.<;; ))
Adian Novar
Champion

Post by Adian Novar »

Adian charged amid them surprised men at the outset, his bastard sword held in one hand and his shield upraised in the other. He struck out with the pommel of his sword at the first man he collided with, and moved on to the second, swiping the weapon in a low arc and cutting into the flesh of the leg. The man went down with a cry and Adian moved on to a third, battering at his shield with his own and lashing out with his sword when he got the chance.

In quick succession he stabbed the man twice, once near each shoulder. As he staggered and fell, his arms at least temporarily useless, Adian whirled about again...but he had lost the element of surprise and was set upon by a fourth man...and this one seemed to know what he was doing. The pair's swords clashed and sparked as they fought, Adain being hampered by his intent to injure as opposed to the others' bloodlust. The battle went on for several precious seconds as the smaller elf dodged and weaved, using his superior speed to outmanuver the ruffian. At last the young elf was able to strike, a staggering blow that snapped his opponent's sword and slammed into the side of his helmet.

The larger man went down, and Adian noted the presence of something unusual...a delicately woven pouch around the otherwise seedy man's neck. Curious, he snatched it from the thug as he lay stunned and looked around...and was appalled.

Vereka's insane rage, the tremendous force and unleashed fury was something Adian was completely unprepared for. The shock of it stunned him speechless for a few moments. Nine hells, what had happened to him? It was as though he had gone comepletely insane. And yet...after the corpse had sagged to the forst floor, Veraka's eyes regained their earlier calm. Definitely something to be addressed later.

A groan bought his attention back around. The men were recovering and would probably soon rally. Once they did they would be a more formidable force and Adian did not want to risk anyone against that. The injuries the group had inflicted were almost certain to force the men to stop. It was time to go.

"We're done here!" Adian shouted over the battlefield. "Let's go!" He began to withdraw, ready to intervene if any of the party became somehow delayed or isolated before they could leave.
CinderSuru
Champion
Location: Ontario, where the free winds blow throw the sliver wood trees on rocky shores this is my home

Post by CinderSuru »

~Cinder glanced over her shoulder as she road in beside Adain~

" i hope Verraka is ok to move, well i guess he will have to be is every one ready to move out" she called out "every one looks ready enough Adian " she said as she signalling Meldrinus. ~In know time they were moving out at a good pace and made a good deal of distance leaving the attackers behind with there tracks disappearing behind them.~