The Vale of Shadow

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As Zek went to the barn to search for anything that might be of use, Veraka turned to Inrii, "ok, before you set this entire place into an inferno, let's check around for anything edible, after all the farmers are dead, no point in letting potential food sources go to waste."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

As he was in the barn, he found a small well in the corner and pulled on the rope pulling the bucket up" oh good.. some fresh meat" He took it from the bucket and smelled it before taking a bite and shrugged" Still good." Eating it raw he walked around the barn turning things over and moved to the higher level and moved around. Stopping as his foot hit something solid and soft he looked down, yet another dead farm worker. Turning them over he went through their things and found a ring of keys" Oh good.. keys.." Finding nothing else up here he went back down and went through the piles of hay silently. Feeling the ring to a trap door he pulled it open. Grabbing the nearby lantern he got it going after alittle while and moved down into the hole" Hmm.. all sorts of stuff.." Moving around he found a small box and tried one of the keys and opened it up, only to find a fancier key in the box and some old scrolls and papers. taking the box, he walked back around going through the barrels and grabbed a sack and started filling it with food, bottles of drinks and other things. With the bag over his shoulder, the box closed and tucked under his arm he moved up the stairs and headed out of the barn. Setting the lantern down, he'd grab the leg of one of the dead victims and started to drag them towards the barn. With the first one in he'd look around wondering what the others were doing. He'd grab a second body's leg and dragged it through the dirt into the barn." I'm not burrying you," With the second one in he'd grab the lantern and threw it into the haystack. It wasn't long before the hay started smoking and soon was burning. He'd wait to see it until it was burning which wasn't long. Walking out of the barn he turned his head back slightly before walking on again, the scene of him doing that probably would disturb those whom weren't accustomed to such visions.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((sorry yall, I was in central Fl this weekend and limited internet access.))

The males went rummaging thru the barn. Zarstra climbed on a log, ready to cast her fireball. Inrii waited, when Zek walked out and the barn smoking, that was a good enough signal for her. Veraka soon cleared and she began.
Inrii levitated a good distance in the air. Her hands went thru the usual motions, when something overcame her, something she had only felt once before. It drew from deep within the reservoirs of her spells and calling forth the power of her bloodline, dark shadow like sizzling illuminating her. she sent forth a large ball of flame highlighted with a blues and blacks.
the fire ignited quickly and sped faster than anything seen before (think napalm). the heat was more immense than any she produced. and the blast threw her back.
She hit the ground hard, but felt nothing. Zarstra rushed to her as fast as she could.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((was wondering where ya went, good to have you back))
Veraka watched in amazement as the barn went up in a roar of flame and smoke. The shear power of the inferno caught him off guard.

Looking to Inrii, he said "I wander what would happen if we added some lighting to that fireball." As he said this, electricity crackled around his armored hand.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((wow, people noticed i was gone...lol. summer's gunna be rough then...))

Inrii laid there dazed and semi-conscious. Zarstra started to worry, 'not good, not again, wake up, wake up. too much power!'
the blaze continued to grow more intense, and change colors. the fire ate up everything in it's path.
Zarstra noticed, and attempted to cast ice storm to slow it down, her spell barely affecting the emense fire, but helped keep it contained.
'you gotta get up, I'm not doing so good at this.'
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((stow it :p of course we noticed you were gone, when our pyro goes missing for more than 24 hours, we know somethings up.))
"Great," Veraka said in half-sarcastic, half-mocking tone, "one fireball special that nearly roasts its own conjurer. Aurora, the flames!"

His winter wolf friend lept in front of him and let loose a blast of ice breath, assisting the lizard, Zarstra, in trying to contain the inferno. Veraka ran over to stunned, and somewhat fried, Inrii.
"Hey, inferno-for-brains, you awake in there?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching the scene he slowly canted his head and moved an arm up incase there was any shrapnel to head his way, when it was burning he took in a bit of a breath. For a moment there was the hair trademark of drow malice" Ah... nothing like the smell of burning bodies in the evening..." Shaking his head some he walked over to the scene and raised a brow" If she does not wake up in a couple minutes, I'm either forcing her awake with a horrid smell I have for such events, or carrying her limp body to the horse and draping her over it until she wakes up." Either way to him he'd find amusement.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii finally blinked, groggily moving and groaning.
"that...was...unexpected..."
Zarstra became excited, and the flames began to burn out. She crawled over to her.
Inrii started to sit up, to see Veraka and Zek watching her..."what?" she asked confused.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka overheard Zek's comment and was a little surprised at the ranger's words. When Inrii started to come around, she asked "what?"

All he could do was put his hand over his head and sigh. Aurora padded over to the group, frost and steam still coming from her maw.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

( Ok, so he's mildly tapped in the head. Everyone has their quirks)

Noting the surprise he looked at Veraka and raised a brow." What is that look for? I'm not your typical prancing around the forest ranger. Drow, ranger whom also knows arts of assassination, and other shadowy arts.. and making someone wake up with some rocks i have in a bottle is nothing unusual. I use them to snap myself awake, if I'm trying to wake up." Indifferent, what else did the ranger have up his sleeve? Who knew but he only told what needed to be told when the time was right. Looking to her he shook his head" Nothing my dear fiery magi. You only knocked yourself out from a spell. Nothing major." Holding a hand out so she could stand up." If you're ready shall we continue before we get unwelcome guests?"
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i cant say much i'm a pyro and just relaeased some of the inner dragon...:D ))

"yes, well. I agree, we should go."
Using Zek's hand she pulled herself up.
'Zarstra, you shouldnt worry so much.'
Inrii whistled and Midnight came running. "hopefully we will not have that again." then looking to Aurora, "having that breath weapon came rather useful today." Her way of a sorta thanks. Few things would have stopped this particular fire. and being on the edge of Cormanthor, it coulda been ugly. She didnt have the mood to kill her family yet. tho Raya was a temptation at times.
She hopped on and waited for Zek to hop on meanwhile deep in thought, 'that shouldnt have happened. not again. at least this time i was awake.'
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((hmm, we have drow sorceress/rogue who likes to blow stuff up with her dragon blood, lovely))
Aurora nodded her acknowledgment as Veraka jumped onto her back.
"Well, now that we've got this little debacle out of the way, I'd have to agree Zek; lets get outta here," Veraka said as Aurora loosened herself up for the upcoming run.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

( It feels good to exorcise the blood doesn't it?)

Nodding to them he hopped on behind her and rolled his shoulders." I swear, this land could make even a novice magi be as dangerous as the most seasoned wizard." Just how things were going on was making him come to that conclusion.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((mahahahaha...hehehe
have yall heard of anyone using this sight to attack someone's computer...i keep assuring that its not this sight, but they dont believe me b/c this is one of things they computers share...beside the social network and email...))

"you think thats bad, go hang out when those wild magic zones come over you...thats was a sight. a few died frying themself, but the show was funny nontheless," she comment to Zekafae's statement.
Inrii got the horse going as Veraka followed on his wolf. They traveled the open fields, with autumn obvious among the plant life. the winter was coming. the day warmed as the sun reached its highest peak and began the decline.
She spent much of the trip thinking about the incident at the farm house. she also wondered if it would come up again or if anyone would question her about it. Last time, she had been in reverie, floating above her bed when a simular fireball blew up the building. Thats when Jezz discovered she was a sorceress and claimed her as his 'niece'.
She happen to look down to see her disguise wearing off. 'time to renew' she thought and whispered the words to cast it, continuing her wild elf look.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Thinking for a moment hearing her he shrugged." Perhaps when this journey of ours is done, I'll start working on some magic skills. Be more adept in it."
Site, story being redone