The Vale of Shadow

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Can't say I have, though I wouldn't doubt it; know anymore about this?))
Veraka looked in Zek's direction, "what we all need, another pyromaniac, only this time, one who specializes with ranged attacks."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Smirking slightly to him." Who's to say I don't know some tricks?" he mused" besides, I'd rather let those whom are the more willing to risk themselves to use magic use it. I like playing with my prey." He mused though it was true, he preferred to have fun with those he hunted unless he wanted it to be done quickly.
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

((no, just had to get it wiped and redo the whole computer...pain in the but, & this computer is to high tech for me...lol))

Inrii caught the last part of the two's conversation.
"wielding both weapon and magic is much more fun anyway. helpful with getting back at meatheads."
She had to chuckled at Zek's comment; playing with 'prey'. she couldnt disagree. toying with an enemy provided some entertainment. She remembered messing with the fighter's mind in the woods when they ran across him.

the landscape change a bit more as the time. the farms became closer and smaller. less natural wildlife such as deer were seen. More people were about tending to the ground in preparation for the winter harvest crops, wisely ignoring the unique group with nothing more than curious glances.
the road became harder, more road-like as it snaked around a large swamp northward then back northwest.
a wagon of a large family came on the horizon as the driver attempted to beat his mule into submission. the sound of the angry male carried far to them. but the mule still refused.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Hearing the chuckle, it was clear that no matter what, Drow had similar ideas of amusement. Hearing the sounds ahead of them he shook his head and spoke" I wonder.. can I make the shot and not kill anyone?" He mused as he focused on the wagon ahead trying to see as if he could make out what was the commotion about. Of course with a wagon that size, it could be the typical patriot yelling at the kids to keep quiet. But here, he had a feeling it was always nothing that amusing.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka could only shake his head at his two drow compatriots.
"I suppose what the two of you find amusing and how you do, I will never understand."
[i:3ir3am0z]Of course, the same thing that they find amusing could potentially unleash that other side of me[/i:3ir3am0z] he thought to himself, realizing that the berserker within him could almost come out on its own accord. The thought of that side of him sent a chill down his spine.

Shaking his head, clearing his thoughts, Veraka saw the wagon that Zek had commented on. He wasn't surprised about the stubbornness of the mule, but something about the animal's reaction didn't fit the situation.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He was studying the scene as well and it was true, mules though notoriously stubborn, somethings didn't add up. " Is it me, or is the mule being too stubborn. I know I've seen that level of stubbornness before.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Agreed, that ass is being way to overly zealous in it's attempt to get away from the cart."
Turning to Inrii, "Do you know of any cave or cavern systems that are near this area?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"if scare them, the donkey might get going then. he probably got tire of that load mouth male but cant do anything about it. as for the area, its likely theres caves. but these humans have been here and taken over for so long, I wouldnt be surprised if some group rebelled and took over."
Inrii continued to watch as Zarstra kept an eye out behind them, especially for possible ambush.
"humans seem so stupid to be so load and obvious to everyone. it's like 'here i am, come get me.'"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Sometimes being loud and obnoxious has its advantages; a good example of this is the enemy underestimates you because your acting in that manner. Believe me when I say that personal experience is speaking here," he said in response to Inrii's comment.

"As for this, if some group of rebels is operating out of this area, then I suggest that we keep a low profile; from what I know of insurgent groups that are active in these areas, they tend to have connections and usually with ones that don't like the kind of attention that we bring, especially with a dragon-blooded pyromaniac and her like lizard familiar traveling along and throwing fire in every direction possible," he said with smirk.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Listening to them he shook his head." Advantage right.. other times it's just sheer stupidity which lets them become dragon bait... which really isn't a bad use for them at times."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"to ever underestimate an opponent, is suicide. and when no one is fooled by the obnoxiousness and someone just fires a quarrel of poison? that may work among some of the races. but I wouldnt attempt it against us (drow)."
Inrii stifle a laugh, 'dragon bait' brung a funny image to her head. She didnt doubt Zek who sat behind her heard it tho.
"oh, now I'm dragon blooded? that would be something then." she jested to Veraka. it had been suspected but never confirmed, yet. Jezz was too secret about her family. So she hadnt learned much.

they got withing a 100 yards of the wagon. the family looking up to see two elves and a well armored man on a large wolf. the wife forced her kids into the wagon and she held a a stick up as a meager weapon. the farmer stopped his abuse of the mule to see the 3 travelers. the donkey brayed(?) at the horse who whinneyed back.

((i had this as a random encounter. so yall welcome to decide how to respond. we just finished a fight so i didnt think yall wanted another fight scene yet.))
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding" Poison.. on us right.. At times I swear I've been tempted to dabble in mixing my own blood with my toxins to see if the results are more potent." Chuckling some hearing hers" I've only hunted plagued dragons and ones whom caused too much chaos. Other than that, I like to think I have a good relationship with them. Meaning I could probably get away with entering their lairs untouched and leave untouched, and all parties are fine." Canting his head slightly he watched the two equines seemingly converse to one another. Interesting... Seeing the stick he just had a small thought... oh he would love to lean in and touch the stick only to make it catch light. Or transmute it into a serpent or something. But he refrained from actually showing what he wanted to do for one and two he liked to keep the locals unsuspecting. At least while their own party was trying to be at least civil...ish.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"If you two will refrain from using any [b:3pwo4oq0]particular[/b:3pwo4oq0] drow techniques on this unfortunate family, then I believe I'll be able to try and get them up and outta here," Veraka said leaping off of Aurora's back; an idea popped into his head, "Inrii, might borrow Zarstra for a moment, I believe that a lizard capable of pulling tricks like she's capable of doing, well help me in this matter."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

'a stick? what dos she plan to do with a stick?' Inrii thought, 'someone could just blow it and all them up.'
"my crossbow is securely put away, if that what you mean."
Zarstra looked at him.
"ask her; she's the one doing."
Zarstra shurgged and hopped down.
"you better not let her get injured."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Please, my fire-throwing drow friend, the chances of Zarstra here getting injured are slim, if at all. Sides, that's what I'm good at anyways, drawing the fire from friendlies," he said as he and Zarstra made their way down to the family, intending on getting them moving again.

After a couple of impressive display's of pyrotechnics from Zarstra and a very true remark from Veraka regarding the fact that there might be more parties like his out there, only not as friendly or civil-ish, the family made their way onward, the mule especially wanting to put as much distance between itself and one very intimidating winter wolf.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix