The Vale of Shadow

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii stifled a laugh, sending the thought to him, 'men. just show a half naked lady and you got them. yeah I watching. If I see any funky stuff, you on your own,' she joked, sorta.
She land on a nearby tree and watched, letting Zarstra out of the pocket.
'what is it that men like that kinda girl Zarstra? she probably eats them.'
Inrii never considered herself pretty, even tho she was, and thought those who cared too much about looks were idiots, like her sister.

She pretended to blush, walking slowly twords the male and suppressing her blinding beauty (a spell). "ah, a talker we have. and if I asked, you would willingly come to me drow?"
Her words weaving into another spell, different than before. She stepped within an inch from him, flaunting and tempting Zazzt; her body heat like a heater on his face. (she's really close ok...) She giggled and threw back her olive colored hair from her face. Walking behind him she whispered into his ear, "so if I ask, you will follow me?"
making her way around him she walked twords her room, singing again. she paused at the door and looked back. letting her sheer covering fall to the floor she tried to beckon him.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt shrugged, "Why not, life is entirely too short, I say." He walked off after the female, "What is thy name, pray tell fair maiden?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((aw nuts, i didnt think u'd enter...lol. I'll let u decide what happens inside with the nymph after this post and u write ur interaction..b/c i have no clue how or what to write in there...))

"you can call me, Charon." She walks in farther and sits on a large moss blanketed stone table. Singing is heard, tho her mouth is not moving. Colors swirl around Zazzt drawing him closer to her.

Inrii shook her head. 'men...'
Pulling out her map, she studied it. they were a good 2 days from Alya. the hope would be that she was still around. Alya didnt travel much, but she got into trouble often, despite her age. and she had been around a good 6 centuries. But her magic kept her looking as young a 3 centuries old. Alya had a black market business in the small city she dwelt in. Her House often did business with her group.
Inrii sat and studied as she waited hoping to ignore most the conversation from the link.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((Sigh, I have to monologue... boring... :P))

Zazzt glanced around the room, and looked at the nymph once more. He remebered his mission, and decided that the nymph, while powerful, was not worth his time yet. "Well Charon, I must admit, you are not what I expected, a creature with a powerful enchantment like that would have had more gold and other things, perhaps I will stop by on the way back." He stood up, and walked back to the grove, and reactivated his spell of flight, soon joining Inrii by the moss. "I must admit, I over estimated her, you could deal with her if you wished, let us be off."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i dont do romance, i stink at romance actually so i was gunna let u write that if u went down that path...then i could))

((is my flight spell done or still going? will add when sure....))

Charon realized her spells wouldnt work on the drow and she wasnt a capable fighter yet. she was still young. She pouted and crossed her arms. "fine!" she huffed and then vanished from his sight. As he left she whispered in the wind to him, "come back to me."

Inrii saw Zazzt return so dismised her invisibility. "done with your side mission then? eh, leave her be. She's no problem to me. maybe she'll take some of the guys from back home. From the map, it's a good 2 days to Daggerfall. There Alya should be. But we want to be careful near the end of Cormanthor. yes, lets go."
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((It still up, should be for a good... Hour and a half, goingby the dnd system ))

"Aye, a slight dissapointment, but amusing nonetheless" Zazzt signed to Inrii, "Lets be on our way then, if it is still two day's travel." He leapt into the air, and returning to his lounging position, as if nothing had happened, and continued on his merry way. Until he realized that he didn't really know where he was headed. So Zazzt decided to wait for Inrii, a slightly sheepish expression on his face.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((u renewed yours so i wasnt sure...how many u have prepared? used 3 so far...))

Inrii could help but shake her head. [i:2n50w5fs]Im definatly ready. [/i:2n50w5fs]
She saw Zazzt fly off then she paused, [i:2n50w5fs]wait for it...there[/i:2n50w5fs]
a smirk on her face she took her time and caught up. as they headed off again.
"so what exaclty did she want from you?" she said with a bit of lighthearted sarcasm. "when we fly over the river turn northwest tword the willow and follow that trail. it will lead out of Cormanthor to the farming community. We may wanna pick up some mounts and traverse discretly. just a suggestion tho. Do I get a warning when ur spell get near the end? Using my spells to stop my sudden fall is fun, but I shouldnt waste them like so."

((i lookrd thru my spell list, i did have magic missle...lol...i musta missed it before when lookin for what to use with the ghost))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

((No, it's the same one, I simply didn't use the magic to fly around))

Zazzt nodded, "Good idea, mounts will certanly make life easier. And the spell should be good for another hour or so, no need to fear, when this spell ends, you get some leeway, simply skimm the trees, and you should return to ground safely (( 60ft))." He flipped on his back, hoping he wouldn't be disturbed this time, "We talked, she was a nymph, one who most likely aquired a powerful trinket, and used that to lure others to her. Not particularly frightening, so I decided to amuse myself."

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((as we travel further, I may not be totally correct on geography, but I'll try. I figured u wont mind too much. I just dont have alot of access to such details of the places.))

"spoken like a surface male!" she quipped.
Inrii was a bit quiet as time flew on. the sun gradually rose more behind them warming up the air, somewhat, and bringing life to Cormanthor. Some deer were grazing in an open spot. to the south, a lone young wolf stalked the deer, looking for an easy meal.
"adolescent," she whispered and pointed, even tho Zazzt prolly wasnt watching, "he's hunting in the morning and I see no mate."

a good mile ahead and about 45 minutes later, the forest, to an observer, began to change in looks. they were about to be over the rimwood. this area was mainly made up of pines and the least dense part of the forest running around the edge of the forest as a ten to twenty mile border between the interior forest and the rest of the world.
Inrii remembered the borders tween the different areas were dangerous to magic users. The edgelands, as they were usually called, were patches between the areas of forest where magic can and often went haywire due to energy drifts from Myth Drannor. And it was still technically autumn.
"be on the lookout for areas faintly radiating magic or unusual weather effects. they cause spells to fail or go wrong and can interfere with the powers of magic items."
from her vantage point, Inrii also saw river Ashaba. the river was several hundred yards across, and more than 30' (9m) deep in places. Its banks sloped steeply in many places. it was home to carp, walleye and bullhead. Many who in could grow to a very large size – large enough to be a threat to a human-sized creature.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(ok, well I guess add another char to this.)
Though he particularly didn't like sitting back and getting some R&R, Veraka had decided that both he and Aurora could use; tracking and hiking through dense forest, for over 40 hours on end, takes its toll on anybody, be it man, beast, or planar. He'd decided to take first watch, on account of the fact that Aurora had let him ride on her back for the past 5 hours.
Aurora was sleeping next to him, her white fur glistening in the sunlight, which was in deep contrast to his dark, gray adamantine full-plate armor.
Both of them had decided to make their camp about a hundred yards from the river Ashaba. Resting in his lap, Veraka had his composite short bow ready for whatever or whoever might come along and be hostile to them; however, he rested his shield on top of his bow, a very sneaky tactic he'd learned while in the Underdark.
[i:3q6ljij4]Well, at the very least, I won't run into any more of Lolth's worshippers; and if I do, I pity them[/i:3q6ljij4] Veraka thought to himself as he slammed an armored fist into his open palm.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((im guessing Aurora is wolf from post in another RP...))
Inrii slowed. Her keen eyes catching sight of life below, an unusual white wolf. She knew those from around here did not get that white, for they dwelled in the snowy north. She then remembered winter wolves.
Inrii signed to Zazzt, cast invisibility (greater) on herself and lowered twords the wolf and humanoid. She didnt recognize his race, but he was other-worldly, which sparked her curiosity. He was ((physical description)).
Why had these two camp here of all places. here magic could run wild. a good 100 yards the other direction she spotted one of those zones she warned Zazzt about. It was like an aura and inside the mile circumference it rained, and only there.
her feet touched down silently as she crept near the make-shift camp, careful to stay up-wind of the wolf. She decided to have a small bit of harmless fun.
Standing behind the tree, invisible, and throwing her voice she called out, "be you friend or foe of this wood?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(yes, Aurora is his Winter wolf companion.)
Veraka awoke to a voice calling out, to him or someone.
"Be you friend or foe of this wood?" came the voice.
By this time, Aurora had woken up and had her ears all the way perked up, signaling that she was trying to discern the origin of the voice.
[i:2d3778r7]Oh, to the Nine Hells with this; if they were truly an enemy, they'd have already struck by now[/i:2d3778r7]
[i:2d3778r7]Do you have the origin of the voice?[/i:2d3778r7] Aurora asked him.
Veraka shook his head.
"What's it to you?" Veraka shouted back, as he stealthily drew Marala Vharc from its sheath, under the cover of his shield. He scanned the immediate vicinity with his eyes and ears.
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii giggling then threw her voice in a different direction, Zarstra shook her head, "it makes alot of difference to some. tho to some there is little difference."
she edged closer, wondering if she should disguise and show herself or not. Zazzt would likely just reveal himself, anyway. Then a possible fight or long drawn out explanation...no matter what she did, it had a probability of ending bad for someone.
"but you are perceptive to danger to draw your weapon, but not much so as to wander in the vicinity of House Jaelre's territory and with such a small party. But I would watch your magic, for this area is known to run wild. should you not believe, look behind you about 100yds."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:710aq6r1]This is becoming annoying.[/i:710aq6r1] Veraka said in his mind.
[i:710aq6r1]And you think that you're tempted to find the source of this disturbance.[/i:710aq6r1] Aurora said in his mind as her ice blue eyes met his forest green.
"I wouldn't have guessed." replied Veraka with a chuckle.
Just then that same voice, emanating from a different location, pierced the stillness of the air.
"But you are perceptive to danger to draw your weapon, but not much so as to wander in the vicinity of House Jaelre's territory and with such a small party. But I would watch your magic, for this area is known to run wild. should you not believe, look behind you about 100yds." Veraka glanced down at his drawn sword; "To right you are that I'm perceptive to danger. One does not survive Uthgardt training, a valley full of Yuan-ti, and four separate excursions into the Underdark without learning something." Veraka murmured to himself.
Veraka caught something that was unusual within the voice's statement: it had mentioned that he and Aurora were now within the area that was under the jurisdiction of some House Jaelre.
Veraka racked his memory for this House Jaelre. He found it, only he was astounded that he stumbled upon a house of Drow, here of all places.
"If this is territory belonging to House Jaelre, then where be it's guardians!" Veraka shouted out to whomever the voice belonged to.
The last part of the statement he already knew; as an Assimar, he was sensitive to magical fluctuations throughout the lands. Just for fun, though, he decided to indulge his curiosity. Turning his eyes around, not knowing what expect, trying to find whatever it was behind him that the voice said was there.
"This had better be good."
Last edited by veraka on Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, ventriloquism was a simple, if effective, parlor trick. He dropped his sack to the ground, and leaning on his staff stepped out in front of the aasimar. Zazzt stepped out from where Inrii's voice came from, and jovially waved at the newcomer, "Hail, Zazzt De'Virdeen at thy service, adventurling, what brings thee to these desolate parts?"

Zyeke