The Vale of Shadow

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt shrugged, "I have no quarrel with thee. Vhaerunites are not to be trusted, especially not the female ones. I would only have had to be more mindful of my possesions." He bowed, "Forgive me, twas not my place to judge thee for thy religion. I am not from these parts, and I am mostly unfamiliar with the geography, and since I prefer to spend my nights outside, so as to better meditate, I do not need to know of Houses." His eyes flashed with childish glee, "Although I am always in the mood for a decent spar."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"haha. trust? Sense when does a drow ever trust a drow? and what fun would anyone be if you could figure it out right away? Dont worry about your stuff, you dont own too much I want anyway; and your coin doesn't do too much good here in Cormanthor. its several days before we're near a place to spend coins. You can talk religion while we travel, tho I don't understand the interest in religious debates."
Inrii opened her familiar pocket to let Zarstra out, "So we dont have to leave this behind after all."
She then quickly braided up her hair and readied her travel pack, heading outside. It was mid-afternoon, and the sun was partially covered from the greying clouds. 'at least its not as bright right now' she thought, 'but looks like it may rain soon.'
Inrii pulled out a local map of the area and began to study it. She had memorized the location of the area that "contained" the Vale so she didnt that map; they would be crossing the forest, farm lands, and even part of a desert.
"We need to head west but we will be entering populated and agricultural areas. The are a few towns that we might could get away with entering, disguised obviously. I know of someone who can narrow down our search for us. I suspect your Vale to be here, in this mountain range." she pointed to a U-shaped mountain range in the midst of a desert, "several years go their was a rip in the fabric of the weave and Shadow weave. Rumors hold an entire city vanished into the shadow plane. But my contact will have a better idea. So, are we ready? or do you have a better idea?"
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"A rip in the fabric of the Weave? Tis unprecedented, my master has assured me that the Weave and the Shadow Weave cannot mingle. They are composed of mutually exclusive energies." He scratched his head, "And as I have said, what need is there for disguises? I have cause none harm in these lands, people need not fear me." He picked up his bag again, and waved Inrii forward, "Perhaps drow should trust more... they would benefit greatly from it. A drow group, skilled fighters all, could easily topple any human settlement if only we did not squabble amongst ourselves."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((i assumed you agree with following Inrii's plan...so i wrote us traveling. if need, i can change it))

"well something like that. History wasnt a favorite subject neither. Some opening into the shadow open up and swallowed that city. I guess i shoulda paid better attention."
Inrii began walking westward. She thought about pulling her hood on but decided to let the cool autumn breeze blow on her face.
"The people around here dont care what you did or didnt do. Your drow and for them that settles it. You could be a paliden, but they wouldnt care. All that matters to those humans is your black skin. I supose you speak the common tongue?"
They headed back twords the path the started on, the afternood growing darker as the clouds got thicker.
You speak of 'unity' like my House does, like the Masked Lord claims to stand for. But reality rarely ends as the ideal dreamed."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt shrugged, "Vhaerun does not promise true unity for the drow. All he promises is one person who has risen to the top of his game, and enforces 'Vhaerun's' will upon his unsuspecting subjects. Yet I agree with thee, Inrii, unity for a drow is like a courteous kobold, unheard of, except for in the tall tales of the minstrels." He closed his eyes, letting the breeze blow past him, enjoying the darkness of dusk. He easily kept pace with Inrii, even with his eyes closed, his feet and other senses tuned to his surroundings, so he did not even have to see as to know her general location. "Are we worse than the elves, who through their unity are able to work High Magic, directly drawing upon the Weave to power their spells. Our dark skin and white hair do not separate us from the Weave, it is our lack of trust."

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((haha, you heard of deekin right?))

Inrii shrugged. She had no doubts that if the drow had been united they would be controlling the world. She tried to recall more of the long dialogs from the nightshadows. But she had spent many of those hours in trouble.
"Things may not be so well among my House, family, or people, or I may not agree with everything they do, but that life is better apart from the tyranny of the Spider Queen who does nothing but keep us down."
Ahead a few squirrels ran across the path. She heard the sounds of the evening animals awakening. Thunder boomed in the distance and a few drops of rain splashed onto Inrii's ebony cheek as she continued, footfalls as light as a hunting panther.
"The rain is several miles off to the northeast. This time of the year is the rainy season. It should be getting cold within the next several days. We should be out of the forest before the first bitter winds bring the first snow. So how did you arrive here? You mentioned being sent. I cant figure why one would want to adventure this time of the year this far north."

((if you want random encounters or wondering monsters, you can add some in good spots. Im not too strict on the 'rules'.))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC:... Deekin? doesn't ring any bells... btw, his abilites are all from the book of exalted deeds Vow of poverty lvl 20

Zazzt shrugged, "Winter's chill and summer's heat have long had no effect on me. I have lived through many a winter without house or fire, and I am still here. But I agree with thee, twould certainly be best to get into town. As for my arrival, same as thine. I walked, although I hail closer to Skullport than Cormanthor. In any case, my master told me that I had surpassed him when I was his age. And so, he thought of this test for me, saying that if I were to succeed, I would no longer be called apprentice, but that we would work together, as peers. Have thee, perchance, heard of demiliches before?"

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(( what? ur hadnt heard of Deekin? from NWN, the bard/dragon ((disciple kobold who can be a henchmen...))
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Deekin))

Inrii listened as it grew darker and dusk approached. Here and there drops of rain splatered.
"Skullport, I've heard of it. Hadn't traveled there yet. The priest tend to travel to Maerimydra for riding lizards. Do you hail from there? I know Uncle Jezz has some contacts there, The Dragons Hoard." (yeah i know their from a book, but they reside there so i figured i could use them)
Inrii pulled out her map, looking for a place to rest around dawn. They still had a several hours till then.
"demilich? yeah, I did read books that humans wrote on the different races. Floating magic-wielding heads. why?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Eh, not particularly impressive... bards never live long, in my experiance...

IC: Zazzt shrugged, "My master has been one for at least four hundred yeats, all the time I have known him, he had always spoken to me through illusions, but there has been a skull near by all the time. I realized the implications only a few decades ago. But either way, I am grateful to him. He picked me up from a Menzoberanzyr House, back when he still lived in that city. Then he was... exiled, and I went with him. He sent me to Skullport, and there I have spent almost a century, while he... to be honest, I am not certain what happened to him. He contacts me every once in a while, via this crystal." He pulled out a fist sized ruby, "He gives me an assignment, and then I hear no word till it is completed. I suppose the Daermon takes up most of his time and effort..." Zazzt shrugged, and put the ruby away. "Among all of his agents I am given the most freedom, mostly since I suppose I helped found that organization. But I leave all the governing to my master." Zazzt looked at Inrii, "Leading an organization is not one my talents, I prefer to not have others depend on me, and live a mostly solitary lifestyle."

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((awww how can anyone not like deekin...oh well. but he was an awesome henchmen in Hordes of the Underdark))

Inrii looked at the gem. She had figured it was magical. She willed her self from the temptation of pick-pocketing it. Wizard's toys were normally protected well.
"Menzzobaranzon? [i:2f9buoyd]The [/i:2f9buoyd]City of Spiders? Interesting. I wouldnt had figured that. Non-noble house or merchant family? But ironic; the founders of the (surface) House Jaelre was from there. Lolth ordered Matron Baenre to destroyed them as heretics, most killed then or during the trials of the wilds of the Underdark. I have traveled there a few times, trade missions mostly."
The few splatters grew to a sprinkling mist. Inrii pulled her hood on. Her piwafwi had been made to be a waterproof like a rain coat. Zarstra climbed under Inrii's piwafwi, into the pocket to get out of the drizzle. The wind picked up blowing their cloaks against them. Trees swayed like animated toys. Lighting highlighted the underbush. Thunder chased many of the animals to their holes. The clouds blocked the setting sun. Ahead the path forked to the northwest and southwest. With the lightning, Inrii spotted a small hidden wooden cabin about to the right, mile off the road.
"take shelter or continue? The storm's going to get worse tho. and the grounds gunna be a like a swamp, soggy and squishy. There is a cabin, looks abandoned. There may be some old ruins another 10 miles, northwest of here, assuming we make it and dont get bogged down."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt shrugged, as if it mattered little to him, and truly, it did not, "If you wish to continue, I can keep walking, the weather has little effect on me. However, you seem to dislike the rain, as does your little pet. Let us make way to the cabin, and seek shelter there." He put the gem away, and started walking towards the right fork, the rain soaking his clothes, and plastering his hair to his head, but Zazzt ignored the water, walking as if it was the sunniest day ever.

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"I dont mind the rain so much or playing in puddles or swimming. I love the water. but this rain soaks thru ones clothes with a bitter coldness and hypothermia sets in even with the thickest warmest clothes. Plus, I prefer to keep my travel bag outta the rain."
Inrii turned towards the cabin. The mile walk would give her time to search for signs of life. The wind picked up and rain fell harder. Inrii thanked whoever made her piwafwi waterproof, or else her provisions, spell components, and maps would be ruined.
As they approached, her 'true seeing' didnt spot anything unusual. There was no signs of life in or around the cabin. Vines grew up thru the wooden planks and covered the house in a green blanket. Old tools rusted and falling apart littered the makeshift yard. As the wind blew thru the building, it creaked and groaned as the rain beaded off the roof.
"Looks abandon, apart from the animals and plants. I see nothing with either vision. But Zarstra's gunna go in and look real fast. She least likely to draw suspicion."
The lizard climbed down and stealthily crawled twords the cabin.

((someone can decide what they want inside...;) or I can. i figured this allows a good spot if anyone else wants to join or such))
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt nodded, "Neither can I, and I am fairly certain my eyes are no less sharp than thine." He walked to the door, and tapped it with his staff. The door creaked open a crack, but no magic or traps were activated, so Zazzt took a step, and kicked the door down. He tightened his pack on his shoulder, and walked into the room, looking around, he noticed a small fire pit, and a bed that seemed abandoned. However, when Zazzt looked around some more, his eyes noticed a splotch of dark substance on the wall. He stepped over to it, and he saw a pair of white items, heavily gnawed bones of what seemed to be three people. He waved Inrii over, and pointed to the scene, "Might not be as abandoned as thee thought."

Zyeke
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Zarstra snuck to the back. Inrii quietly, hand ready, slipped closer to the house. She saw Zazzt knock down the door and walk in, as she followed, pausing at the door.
'so much for stealth'
A close boom from the thunder shook the house. Inrii canted the words to a spell.
When Zazzt called her over, she headed twords the bones and dried blood(?). Kneeling down she signed, [i:z167qbw5]They're sorta recently been filleted. Unfortunately the weather makes it hard to tell. If it's still around, it unintelligent or a more powerful spellcaster since I cant pick up its mind[/i:z167qbw5]
Another flash of lightning lit up the dark room. Inrii listened as her keen eyes looked for magical or natural beings. In the far corner was a secret trap-door.
Inrii signed, [i:z167qbw5]What probability do you think this cabin was a set up?[/i:z167qbw5]
Inrii walked over tword the trap-door and searched for traps. Disarming the poison dart, she tucked it into her bag. Readied, she slowly lifted the door.

But neither needed eyes to feel the dark being that was residing there.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: nice, I was gonna do a ghost, never meet those much :)

IC: Zazzt shrugged, "Not very likely, it could simply be a random occurrence. In any case, I don't think that this was a natural death. The room seems to be... different, I feel a fear deep in my bones." He looked around, eyes scanning the room, ultimately coming up empty. "I can ward the area, but it will not be very much. Let us spend the night here, and in the morning we can move again."

Zyeke