The Vale of Shadow

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Upon hearing what Zek said, Veraka cocked an eyebrow; "You two are beginning to sound very much like an acquaintance of mine with your poison preferences. Personally, I like seeing my enemies body light up like a torch from a very good lighting bolt, especially when the power behind the bolt is derived directly from my rage."

"And as for what goes on in your head, I won't go probing; I prefer to [b:s3aclw7e]not[/b:s3aclw7e] to find out what goes on in your skull."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

"lightning's not a bad force to play with. throw the person in a bit of water with it...and when would you travel with someone of such a reputation?" more curious that an upright type of guy traveled often with rogues.
"nerosis? rather useful. reminds me of stories of undead. if you found a way to capture their vapors then your [i:3h8zipu5]are [/i:3h8zipu5]talented. I dont know many spider kissers who 'degrade' themselves to train in the ways of the arcane, but it is not unknown. having one trained in many talents is useful. some of the newer nightshadows are implimenting such. many of the priest are trained in both divine and arcane magics."
not pushing the subject but more a statement, "you were smart to get away." thinking about it, "many who escape to the surface join either the dancing lady or the masked lord. some join the human gods, but are among a sliver of the numbers. Lolth has even fewer followers on the surface."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding." Personally If I stayed with that old mage a few decades longer I'd probably be considered an archmage by the standards of a few." Nodding slowly." I have been told that my deeds of working with dragons over the years... by working I mean killing the diseased and the ones whom plagues provinces I'd have gained Bahamut's blessings. Then again as for those of our kin's pantheon.. I've found myself wondering constantly, if there is a place for myself. The only answer would be possibly with the dancing lady. I will admit though I use my former skills as a rogue and assassin in my work.. those days are long gone."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

'archmage?' she thought, 'Zek must be older than he implied. some cant begin to claim that title till their 2 century. many even older. her own brother was in his 4 century, and was the second most powerful male in Lith My'Athlar.
"you continue to surprise me," she whispered to Zek, "archmage then? aint Bahamut a dragon deity? why would he do anything for a drow, like a blessing?"
at the mention of religion and place, Inrii went silent as she was reminded of her own questions of her own place and beliefs, even among Vhauran's. their was little she could say on the subject. Inrii had become more curious about the dark maiden, but other things took up her time. And with the masked lord's apparent silence twords her, she couldnt help but question everything.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Upon hearing Zek's remark about Bahamut, the platinum crested dragon, Veraka gave Zek a quick tidbit on info; "you do know that the mighty platinum wyrm does not look down upon those whom destroy evil forces, whether it be dragons or other forces in general. Come to think of it, I believe that he shares the pantheon with Tyr, and other gods of justice and righteousness." Veraka had the definitive experience with the great Platinum dragon himself, so he knew what Zek was talking about.
"As to whether or not you've gained Bahamut's blessings, only you can know that, and only you can seek it out."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He nodded slowly" Time frame maybe off but never the less. As for blessings of the Dragon God.. I was doing a job, nothing more nothing less. I never saw myself one to seek out fame and fortune. Nor had I ever sought to follow and recieve blessings. Living as a male in the Underdark, your blessing is that you get to live." He smiled to her and spoke" I prefer to keep things to myself all that I know is that the House I hail from was strong, though not of the top houses they held promise, and that scared the others. My parents taught me well. My father taught me how to move stealth-fully as soon as I started to walk. With that came the knowledge of assassinations.. in both killing someone but also destroying someone without drawing blood. My mother taught me after my elder sister was well on her way in to working to become a Priestess while learning Magic. My mother was a powerful Wizard she left her mother's House and forged her own with my father. She took power and siezed it. There was no qualms on killing all houses around ours in rank. Both above and below, my younger sister followed my mother in magic and took up the workings as a Warlock." He winced slightly at the memories of it." needless to say.. I became intimate with magic quickly. Though very little was formal as in the highly strict workings of other magical academies. I left the city and went to the surface.. when I was hardly a hundred. The Great Houses took it upon themselves to get the others inline so to speak." Shrugging." Needless to say no mercy was kept.. I believe that time was one of the biggest wars in the city.. I at times jokingly said that it was the Goddess War, or Lolth Purge to get order back in the city." Shrugging" Who knows how many houses were erased."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"not a too unusual early years from what I can tell of those of the cities. that is why most of our house is males. they tire of the spider kissers way of life. many from Jaelre are assassins. so their ways are not unknown to me. Uncle jezz prefers to use me for more covert operations (spy). but for a female to work [i:gsk8h7fu]with[/i:gsk8h7fu] a male in forming a house, that is unique. unless they are of the masked lord." She thought back to her own family, "Little is known of my birth parents, they died during my first year. failed raid is all I was told. but I suspect this place my hold the answers."
asking Veraka, "why does a dragon deity place himself with, I suspect, human deities? I could understand allies, but apart of them? but for all i care of gods and pantheons, sometimes, they could suck a toad."

the trail turned again heading more north. to the west could be seen the Desertsmouth Mountains, that separated the desert. they passed a major road that lead north-south. south of them was the famous Shadowdale, home of a powerful human wizard.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding slightly" Most who get tired come to the surface, or go mad and lash out only to be put back down. The smarter of the bunch head to the surface." He nodded slowly" Of course.. Well my father did not have a choice, then again he was an Assassin for the Former House, the best one actually, it was only natural. And yes my mother and father completely destroyed her mother's House. As for your parents? The only way in which you could guarantee what they tell you to be true, is to seek out the spirits or remains of their bodies. Something of evidence of their deaths."
Hearing her question he shrugged" Think about it, some wish to protect dragons.. some slay only the troublesome dragons. In that alone you get some favor. Benevolence is a universal term so to speak. So if you are benevolent chances are good humans will follow no matter the race, unless you're blindly following the creed of kill all dragons no matter what, then you have a problem. I agree with your sentiments.. which maybe why for much of my left, I went without aligning myself with any deity or pantheon. I suppose in some ways, it's time to change that."
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka listened intently to Zek's brief, but in depth background and history behind his bloodline, and was intrigued by how both of his parents had taken it upon themselves to train him in the arts that they were masters of; "I suppose that when you're lineage is destroyed, your statement of just being alive becomes more prominent than most would care to know."

Turning to regard Inrii, "It is not just the allies part that Bahamut views, it's his belief that justice should not only be done by his followers, but by all, including drow. That is why Tyr, Torm and many others welcome him among the Triad on Mt. Celestia. You forget part of my bloodline hails from that exact pantheon, so I'm well versed in those terms," he said, "as for the that kind of sentiment, only those gods who chose to remain out of the affairs of their followers, like Ao; if that's the case, I whole hardheartedly agree with you."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding slightly he shrugged" Well here's the thing, as far as the Drow of the Underdark are concerned it seems. The House is dead and is not acknowledged. However I have a feeling that they survived. But to me really? The only true members of the family and House would be my mother my two sisters and myself. If they survived the purge and escaped to the surface, there's a few that they may follow. One of which is the darker and less friendly of the Drow's Pantheon.. of course there is the masked lord. Which I would not be surprised. My family followed the Spider Queen faithfully almost fervently and zealously. More so than I believe they should. The most unlikely place to find them? Amongst the dancing lady's followers. Personally if I was to say this as if I like a human or elven brother and son would love their family wish of things? I would highly prefer to see them follow her. At least I know, they're more calm and possibly able to reason with. I suppose that is one reason why I dread going to any of them. In a slight fear of seeing my family. As I have a feeling they would have eluded death's grip of both war and old age. One must understand.. being cunning keeps us alive. Deceit is one small way." He shifted some on the horse thinking for sometime before taking a breath and almost whispered" Though some wheres, I do want to see my family once more. It has been many years."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

(("serious conversation for a joker...so hard to do...lol))

"Necromancy wasnt an area I developed. but if i dont find satisfactory answers, I may just make one do so." a light evil grin on who she would 'make' do it.
"if you had to decide, then who would you follow? and do you find one like you or do you change to be like the one you choose?" these were a few things she had truly considered and wondered herself.
"rivvin, their a funny and weird race. maybe because their so short lived? I have never met a full one, only parts, and not just body parts if thats what your thinking. i dont leave such messy work. these half breeds were more drow in nature. as far as justice, it is a subjective thing on the whelms of a deity. and when he has a bad day? besides, who decides which justice to follow when two or more ideas contridict?"
celestial bloodline did catch her attention. tho what did he have in store for this place they were heading to? "so the excessive mass is from divine blood?" she quipped.
Inrii whispered back to Zek, "maybe you can. maybe this thing can show you where to find them? and if not, there are other ways."

Inrii quickly braided her long hair, a hint she was up to something.
to change the mood of the seriousness of conversations (and after people get a chance to answer), she whispered to Zek, "you might wanna hang on tight."
she turned to Veraka, "better keep up."
she nudged Midnight hard and the horse broke into a canter, then gallop, then full out run.
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

" Necromancy is a field of magic that I see it in two ways. The undead are not natural, however then again in some sense they can be. not to mention they're allies and remember like when in the underdark. if no one sees you doing it. It never happened. " Nodding slowly and smiled" good and evil is subjective as is justice believe it or not. You are right there." He nodded to her and whispered back." I know there's other ways.. perhaps when all is said and done peace of mind can be obtained and who knows.. get more allies. for this party." Hearing her he nodded and held onto.. well her as there was not a heck of a lot else to grab onto as soon as she spoke and the horse picked up speed.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((not gunna be on sat thru sun night, heading to my dad's for easter. keep going, just rest for the time halfway to daggerfalls. we'll arrive tomarrow afternoon approx. RP time))

Zarstra stuck her head out of the pocket to fill the wind blowing past her. Inrii loved the feel of speed. She half smiled as Zek held on. it was some irony to her; it was in no way forceful or inappropriate. very unlike those back home who took revenge on drow females, any drow female, to another level. She shook the pain to enjoy the moment of the ride.
She looked to see if Aurora was keeping up. (i'm sure she is...)
Last edited by Inriiaynrae Jaelre on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"In my experience, if justice is subjective, then it is nothing more than yet another tool that is used by whomever [b:1py6nhlo]needs[/b:1py6nhlo] it, using it as another means to get whatever they so desire, if anything, then disregarding it and whatever potential lessons that might have been learned with it."

When her remark about his excessive mass, he had to laugh; "naw, that's just an add on bonus; makes it much easier to body slam someone who gets in my way, or who just annoys the fierfek outta me."

Veraka merely nodded as Inrii put her horse into a full out run; Aurora didn't need to know his thoughts as she took off, easily keeping up with Midnight as she raced along side the horse.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

( yay I'll be done working at 5 plenty o time to enjoy this)

It was a very strange sense of irony for himself holding onto the last thing he would have ever dreamed that he would. A female of his kin the Ssri-tel-quessir, the Irithyrii(something similar too.. he's showing his age kinda he's not THAT old just enough to remember hearing the old names thrown around) Drow dark elves, whatever names the surface here and the Underdark call them. Those days were long gone, yet he had kept himself from any form of physical contact, if there was it was solely to exchange coin, or his blades in their throats or hearts. A slight shake of the head before he looked about them... as they rode his mind thought of the one thing. Was this the beginning of something new for him.. or was he being called by something a place to call his own.
Site, story being redone