The Vale of Shadow

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii reached down to pick Zarstra up.
'have fun? you havent used pyrotechnics in a while' ((yeah, its an actual spell))
'i made a big boom'
"Still would have been more fun to 'play' with them," she said softly.
She nudged the horse to continue the road.
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Chuckling slightly he leaned in" Don't worry, I have a feeling we'll have plenty of chances to play with prey. So you can have more fun."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Glad to see one of us had a good amount of excitement," Veraka said upon hearing the comment about a 'big boom'. Hopping onto Aurora, he turned toward the trial, "Well, let's get going; hopefully, there'll be more enemies who need to have their bollocks fried.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((zarstra usually communicates via telapathic being she's a lizard, but oh, well...lol))

"I supose we're ready. how far do we want to travel? we got a few hours before dark. nights are bitter cold if you're not use to this area this time of the year."
Inrii wasnt sure if Veraka would prefer to travel at night or could, tho she herself would, and likely Zek were made for the dark. the weather was also another consideration. She grew up in the area, and was prepared for the weather changes. The had stopped the night before because of the storm. ((early post when zazzt was still around)).
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((hahaha, you forget, padawan, He's naturally telepathic.))
"If you're worried about me freezing to the bone, I've survived temperatures that a demon would consider cold, and we already know that Aurora loves it."

"I say we travel as far as possible or till the horses give out on us," he said as Aurora started off toward their destination.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Shrugging" Personally travelling at dark would be a good idea.. then again I have a feeling you and I are not the only two whom have good night vision. And the others would be things ideally our horse does not wish to meet." Leaning back slightly he looked around quietly listening to the silence for awhile." I'll manage with the cold weather. Wouldn't be the first time this leather came in handy for warmth."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((ah, i was thinking just a commune with familar kinda telapathy
...Zarstra might throw a fireball if u start sneaking into her mind...lol))

Zarstra looked at the warrior, as she climbed into the warmth of the familar pocket.
She didnt know someone else understood her. She started to wonder how much they were reading her mind when Inrii nudged the horse forward and Zarstra got distracted. (lizard ADD? lol)

the afternoon was rather uneventful and quiet beyond the occasional bird or buzzing insect. peridically, Midnight snatched a bite as he walked down the trail. He still didnt like the idea of the wolf but with the drow controlling him, he had little choice.
((i thought u mentioned u came from Menzzo..i went looking thru old post, but its alot...i can edit if i'm wrong to.))
"So Zek, your from the great City of Spiders?" she started, curious since her own house was originally a noble house in the city. that was before Baenre ran them out and gain postion as first house; a long before her time.

((yall want irony...i randomly made up a name for the town we're heading to...daggerfalls, and it's already a city and in the vicinity of where we're heading...lol...))
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka had to smile to himself, he was very good at reading thoughts. Aurora gave him a stern look.
[i:1qn1exm6]You know, if you keep this up, you're not gonna end up with any female to like you and call you a mate[/i:1qn1exm6] she said through the bond.
[i:1qn1exm6]Ah well, their loss, my gain[/i:1qn1exm6] he thought back, a wry smile forming on his face.
[i:1qn1exm6]Your loss?[/i:1qn1exm6] she rumbled as she laughed at the thought of her young assimar friend going for any length of time without someone to keep him company; [i:1qn1exm6]yeah right; I've seen the look you give some women that we've encountered on our travels, and your face speaks volumes where your lips say nothing. You want some girl to stare at all day long and be next to for the remainder of your days.[/i:1qn1exm6]
"Bah," he retorted, "since when do you know what's been going through my head, you overgrown furball."

Upon hearing this, Aurora flung herself onto the ground, effectively pinning the storm warrior under her massive form.
[i:1qn1exm6]Take that back,[/i:1qn1exm6] she thought to him, ice-blue eyes blazing.
"Alright, alright, just get the fierfek off me."
She didn't budge.
"Stubborn as always," he grumbled; "ok, I'm sorry, now will please get your fur outta my face?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

(( yeah zek's originally from menzo good memory kudos))

Nodding to her he spoke." Yes I was when I was younger why? It was not exactly the best of times when I went for the surface. Then again, when is it peaceful there?" He didn't exactly have the fondest of memories there. Looking to the two next to them." You know.. if you two are going to get all cozy and such.. we can just go ahead until you two are done? " raising his hands slightly" I mean if you have a thing for your wolf.. that's your thing. Some of us might not want to see that kind of action. You know?" One of the few times he made a snark remark, a good sign that he was comfortable with his company.
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

As he got up from his little tackle fiasco with Aurora, Veraka turned to regard Zek, "I don't even want to know what's going through your head, ranger; and as for what just happened, it's just that this one [b:370c6erq]doesn't[/b:370c6erq] like being called an overgrown furball."

"As for that [b:370c6erq]kinda[/b:370c6erq] action, I have a preference for more of the girl that can kick my ass, and one that walks on two feet," he chuckled to Zek.
Last edited by veraka on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((thrying to think of some conversation ideas and i was looking up info on house jaelre...i gotta try flipping back thru old ones so i can be consistent with my info...))

"no real reason. I was just thinking about the pool we're heading to and the stories of it fulfilling 'desires'. I have questions I'd like answered, concerning my family mostly. I remember Uncle jezz mentioning something about a forced leave from the city. but that was soooo long ago. I havent traveled their yet. but I am curious about the history. I doubt 'destoryed' houses or families are remembered..."
Suddenly Aurora pounced on Veraka after she tossed him. She started to snicker when Zek's joke made her laugh aloud. She couldnt help it; this was too comical.
"aint there a saying about a scorn female. and if you're looking for a girl who can kick your butt, I'm surprised you aint found one yet. tho your specifications are a bit broad there." she joked.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to her" I only got mixed stories about House Rilynath. Yes, there were many forced leaves from the city. I have a feeling my family was forced to leave or be sacrificed. My mother's pride would not allow that in the lease. I really do wonder if my family somehow survived all these years. I know my father had died and I have mixed feelings about that. If all but my father survived I would only have two elder than i. My sister and my mother the Matron of the house." canting his head slightly" As for your family, who knows the same eight houses run the whole thing, somethings don't seem to ever change. Personally they can stay down there."

Looking at Veraka and Aurora he thought for a moment." There is.. and I swear a Drow woman had started it before stabbing the man who did it. "
Site, story being redone

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"If I'm to broad, then let me be more specific; any human, fey'ri, or planetouched female that can kick my butt, which I've yet to see happen."
Upon hearing that comment, Aurora rolled her eyes.

As Zek made his own comment about a drow woman starting it, he burst out laughing; "I'll make a note [b:1g9qdpw8]not[/b:1g9qdpw8] to have that happen."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Speaking to Veraka, "If you just wanna a butt kicking, there's pleny to be had," she smirked. "but there's some poison's that are much more entertaining to some. One the assassins love, [i:1npol1b5]Belbol d'Elghinn[/i:1npol1b5] causes dramatic and extensive hemorrhaging. Within minutes, the victim will gush blood from his mouth, eyes, nose and ears. He has time to develop bruises all over his body before he mercifully dies. Tho kicking a few heads in might be just as fun."
her mind picturing a few from back home specifically. the only reason she hadnt gotten them back was because of lack of opportunity. One day soon, she would repay all those males, one way or another.
Speaking to Zek, "I did travel once to the Underdark city beneath the forest. I personally prefer the surface world. so much more freedom. Eldest son? a place a privilege normally in spider infested cities. As high as males normally can get anyway among Lolth's web. Dont most houses who lose favor just perish?"
She paused a second (for him to answer), "From what I actually paid attention to, a house of Vhaeraun worshipers lost a civil war in Menzoberranzan. Calling themselves House Jaelre, they wandered the deep Underdark, too weak to retake their home city. Somehow they found portals in the gnome city, Blingdenstone?"
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Chuckling to Veraka he shook his head." Riight.. We'll see how the tune changes as time goes on. As for what goes on in my head stays in my head. I do not tolerate others trying to probe.. As for poisons I prefer the ones that cause necrosis.. the flesh to just dissolve and rot away quickly. A scratch could cause possible loss of body parts." He just smiled slightly. Hearing her he thought for a moment." Yes well.. I'll spare the details on how that went later on. The surface gives far more freedom than the Underdark. My mother started her own House and we gained power quickly... it's easy when you slaughter all under and above you. As for my family.. I have heard rumors about them escaping to the surface. It is very plausible, my mother was too full of pride to let them take the house or kill the family. We knew the shadows very well, and in that they most likely escaped. The problem is if they did where would they go? My eldest sister was trained as a Wizard and became a Priestess to Lolth, my younger and I daresay my twin became a Warlock, my mother dabbled in many fields of magic. My father was an assassin a damn good one at that. Taught myself and my sisters how to kill. Our mother taught us how to decieve... needless to say I'm sure if they found a way they're still alive. In some sense I hope they quieted down." Idly scratching a cheek." Pray we don't meet them... If we do, pray they're more peaceful.."
Site, story being redone