The Vale of Shadow

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Fair enough; so what exactly was our shape shifting friend looking for, Inri. He seemed quite in a hurry, judging from the level of dirt that's mounded in that pile," Veraka said, indicating the heap of soil that was next to the hole.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Post by Inriiaynrae Jaelre »

Inrii kept looking, moving dirt around, and carefully using her dagger to shovel dirt out of the way.
"I dont know. He thought it was important. maybe he got the wrong information?"
She stopped then thought to check the bodies of the farmer and family.
"the farmer must have said it was here hoping they would spare his family, but lied. I could cast detect magic, but I'd like to not reveal all my hiding spots."
She got up and walked over to the bodies, searching pockets for any indication. In the child's hands was a piece of map, with an ancient language written on the back. She carefully pulled the frail paper out and unrolled it. Studying it, Inrii noticed it was simular to the map that was given to her. the others didnt know about her connection, so she played it off easy. If she had a chance, later she would see what her spell would reveal of it. The farmer had nothing of value to her, nor his wife.
Finished, she walked back to the others, "not much just an old map piece. whatever he was looking for, the male hid it well."
Main character: Inriiaynrae
Second Character: Ariali
Antagonist: Alya
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Hmm, you recognize anything on the map? I don't think he was trying to hide anything, more like trying to find something; that's my copper on the matter."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Watching her silently from his spot he kept quiet watching her body posture and movements. Was it paranoia and suspicion? Who knew really but he just watched quietly." Did you dig all the ways in there? If you did, we might as well go. Who knows what else may come."
Site, story being redone
Stats added story still in works

http://dragcave.net/user/Zekafae (click please?)

Twilight vampires are the vampire equivalent of Pluto...
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

((if yall wanna find anything, ur welcome to. the farmer lied to the doppleganger about what he was lookin for.))

"This map, its not any location around here." she said looking at the map, "I've never been to this location. but its only a fraction of one my guess." turning to Zekafae, "whatever it was looking for could be deeper, but then we start hitting rock. I just dont know what I'm looking for. I will show Arya this map fragment when we get to her in Daggerfalls."
there was some truth, she hadnt been there and had no idea truly where. all she knew was it was similar to her map. and keeping her own plan's secret was the safest thing for her. those years growing up in House Jaelre taught her to be leery of trusting drow males.
"if yall wanna keep searching, go ahead. Zazzt aint showed back up yet. I'm guessing he's got something going on. When we're ready, let me know."
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding he moved to where the digging was and took out his own dagger and started digging in looking around. Of course he'd check the edges of rocks brick, any form of masonry. He learned long ago not to trust a female drow unless proven worthy and even then it's keep your blades closer than your friends and enemies. " Of course he could have lied in general, and whatever it was, could be any wheres." Of course if she wasn't pressed for time he'd probably tear the house apart literally. Such detailed searches sometimes yielded nice boons and he knew to check for traps as he went. hmming as he felt and heard the distinct sound of hitting stone he started to work around spreading out looking to see if there was a small stone, if there was he knew it was to hide something." With such things here especially giants, there has to be something valuable. Why pass it up and let it fall into the hands of someone or something that could bring ruin to us later. I say before we leave, we burn everything here."
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"now your talking my language! I can conjure some fireballs."
she held her hand up 'holding' a small flame. Inrii loved to play with fire, and a chance to throw some around...
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Raising a brow at her he narrowed an eye slightly" Bigger fireball and we'll be on the right level." Looking back he picked around the stone and stood up cleaning the blade off." Just as I thought, he lead them elsewhere trick them so they could try to escape. Unless someone knows necromancy or can get secrets from their bodies, we won't know the exact story.. So" he motioned" have fun torching everything.. but first, we'll drag the bodies inside and scorch everything on the property to the ground." He clearly knew what he was doing with this.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

"oh, I can go bigger... would you like some pyrotechnics also?"
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"As thrilled as I'd be to see and potentially be killed by a greater display of pyrotechnics, let's try and keep this from going overboard; besides I believe we'll have need of those skills later on," Veraka said as Aurora walked over to him. He noticed something glittering and reflecting light.

Veraka walked over to the hole, reached down and grabbed the object in question. As soon as his armored glove touched the object, which looked to be a molded shape of mithral with a diamonds encrusted within, a surge of power flowed through his arm.
"What in the world are you?" Veraka asked, not to anyone in particular, eying the object with a curious glance.

The object had an image grooved into its surface, which Veraka made out to be shaped like an angel of some sorts.
"Odd."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

He smiled to her and nodded" I like your thoughts already.. wait until we're well gone.. Did anyone check the barn yet?" He looked at Veraka whom found something apparently but kept any questions to himself.
Site, story being redone

Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii laughed a very obvious fake evil laugh. "overboard? is there really such thing? besides i can produce alot of fireballs. Even Zarstra's learning."
the lizard shook her head, agreeing, 'i'm getting gooder too!'
Veraka found something. "it must be tuned to paladin's," she smirked softly, "if its an explosive, I'm not gunna be happy with the one who planted it."
((it would be funny if it were cursed...lol...like a magical belt that appears to be a giant strength belt and unable to detect the curse but really a belt of gender change...funny story too!))
"no I dont believe it's been thoroughly been checked."
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka stashed away the object for later examination, and upon hearing what Inrii blurted out, raised an eyebrow.
"Let me get this straight, the lizard can throw fire," he said in a joking tone, "if that's the case then this adventure is already getting better."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Inriiaynrae Jaelre
Lord||Lady

Inrii chuckled, "one of her favorites is burning hands, well, burning claws more like it. She's very good with magic missile."
Zarstra was about to throw one when Inrii stopped her, 'I know you love showing off, but lets wait till we're done.'
Zarstra (sorta) pouted, then she saw a large fly, snatching it out of the air.
Zekafae
Champion

Post by Zekafae »

Nodding to her he brushed his hands together before heading to the door" I'll check it out, then we can burn the house down." Moving outside he headed to the barn. Opening the door some he slipped inside and went to venturing through everything. Surely there had to be something aside from a map and a statue. If not there would most likely be interesting goodies and trinkets on their way there but also probably at their destination.
Site, story being redone