Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

The aasimar looked at Zarstra with an expression that only he could have given.((funny/sarcastic/rolleyes))

Turning his attention from his joking female friend, Veraka then said to Bruh, "alright; will this compensate for the sword, amulet, set of armor and the amount of darkoil?" He pulled out a few more of platinum coins that he had remaining.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Bruh took the coins and felt their faces, "platinum? that would cover it. can I help you with anything else? most buy romurs, but i give them free to those of like mind."

Zar just smiled at his expression.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((I know I'm jumping back here, but ahh well))
"Yes; there's one thing that I've had on my mind since I came to this city, well more appropriately, when I was outside the gates," he said. "When I came here, I stumbled upon two young drowlings named Xaeraen and Volas. It's the how of the situation that has my curiosity at an all time high. I was apparently told by their grandmother where to find them and who'd they be; so I've been curious, has any houses lost a daughter or have you heard of any daughters being killed off?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((did we decide the 3rd house, the daughter taken in by the matron, common practice, and had a kid right? so gma can be anyone, if u take biologically. & if destroyed good reason why she was taken in 3rd house...?))

Zar looked down, the sadness obvious. she hadnt gotten over the loss of her younger sister.
Bruh walked over to her and laid a comforting arm on her.
"recent according to most yall or recent as a drow would see it?
less than a decade ago, a wealthy house was destroyed and the 3rd house took in some of the daughters. more recently," he pauses, hoping the warrior can guess so he didnt have to say it.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Ahh, thanks; i need to seriously keep tabs on little stuff like this :/ ))
Seeing Zarstra's reaction, Veraka mentally slapped himself for bringing up the touchy subject.
"Hmm; that would account for who I met in my so called 'dream'. As to . . . " he stopped cold.
He balled an armored fist, and smashed it into his open gloved palm "what I wouldn't give for a shot at Lolth's ugly face," he whispered to himself, "and perhaps with my platinum beneficiary." Veraka had to chuckle at the thought of Lolth trying to best the Platinum Dragon himself in one-on-one combat.
"There's one more thing that remains to be asked," he said, turning deadly serious; "might you know who the Red Sisters are, or at the least, where they operate from?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

a flash of that drow malice was in Zar's icy blue eyes. she would pay back whoever killed her sister.

Bruh's arm still on Zar, chuckled when he heard Veraka's comment. then he thought how to best reply, "thats the thing about them. no one but the nobles really know who they are. their an eilite group of assassins. but I know they work for the first matron and have members from each of the top 5 houses. a few may come from other houses. but not many. they usually deal with our neighboring city. we have been in a 'war' for a while. and it a, stalemate and temperary truce. but only till one can get an advantage. so assassins from both are sent to each other to weaken or spy. but they also deal with the 'rebel groups', the eilistraeens and vhaeraunites.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked Zarstra in the eyes just once, but that was all the explanation he needed; "if you ever need some help with that, you let me know," he said to her.
He then chewed on the information that Bruh had given. "The first Matron mother, eh? Well then, if they come asking around, you let me know about it. . ." he stopped dead in his tracks. Pulling out his memories, Veraka then reiterated to Bruh, "wait you said that they answer to the first matron mother?" a look of great worry crossing his face.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zar appreaciated it, even if she looked distance.

"for the most part. but any willing to pay enough can get them to work."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka grew very distressed as he pieced together teh gathering
He realized that with his arch-nemesis, Dacuda, working for the first Matron mother, and the Red Sisters under her beck and call, Zarae's house would fall faster than a lighting bolt raining down from the heavens.
"Zar, I don't know if you were present when this happened to me, perhaps your mother told you, but when I was in the Cavern of Song, I brushed my hand against the statue of the Dark Maiden and within seconds, a vision filled my minds eye; one of a house in this city being utterly destroyed(?)."
He stopped momentarily, gathering his thoughts; "after that little foresight was done, I gained the feeling that a dark presence had entered the city; I suspect that it is my unfaltering enemy, Dacuda, an elite Vampire of some strength. If he has allied himself to the first Matron Mother, then this upcoming house war, will be done in a matter of minutes, maybe a couple of hours at most."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

She shook her head to bring herself back to the conversation.
"Yes, there is about to be a house war. but timing cant be found till they begin to march. what would a vampire get out of teaming up with or involved in drow politics anyway?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"That's simple, actually; to kill me. I suppose that he wanted to make sure that this time he had some back up in place so that way I would not be so easy to lose."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"well, in the case they're working together, this guy might wanna worry when it's all over. Mae'Vir is still first matron for a reason,"Bruh added.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Perhaps; I know for a fact that I'm more than capable of taking him on in single combat, so should it come down to that, well, let's just say that he won't like the results." He looked down at the floor, figuring that, if necessary, he'd end up fighting the vampire one way or the other.

"Well, I don't know exactly what to say to all this, but at the very least, thank you Bruh for everything, especially the information regarding the Red Sisters. It was is most gratifying to know my enemy before they encounter me."
Turing to Zar, he said "Is there anything else you wanna do here or in the Bazaar?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"just doing as the Lady ask."

Zar thought a minute, "I'm good for stuff," patting the pack," but how about lunch? Darkwalk Inn has a good pyrimo and mushroom dish with a sauce and herbs. the inn is as dangerous as the city, but lets you see another aspect of the city. and many of of prospects."
she looks to Bruh,"able to join us?"

"tempting, but I need to stay here. work, gossip, the usual."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka forgot completely about lunch. The instant that the thought left his mind, his body cringed in hunger, demanding something to eat.
"I believe that at this moment in time, anything to eat would be welcome." As he finished the sentence, his stomach agreed with him, giving off an audible rumble to the thought of food.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix