Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka came out of his trance-like state, his breaths coming in deep, long intervals, knowing full-well that song had come to an end. He noticed something odd, his gauntlets and totem amulet were glowing; to his surprise, two spiritual manifestations were standing on either side of him. One was a mighty black-furred lion, it's mane thick and its visage stern with pride.
The other was a dire wolf, it's gray fur and protruding spikes giving off a supernatural aura.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

as many began to exit for supper, they noticed the surfacer. some even seeing the unusualness about him. some walked on, but some gathered around, before Erelae or Zar could say anything. for they had just come out of their dance.

((allright, it's 0400 so i better head twords bed...))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((My and drakin's thoughts the same))
Veraka noticed that there were quite the number of people, both drow and otherwise, gathered around him.
"What is it?" he asked the gathered crowd, well aware that the spirits were not subsiding, but rather remaining near him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

a few just pointed. a couple younger ones (as young kids say bluntly...) "your funny looking right now!"
one was even trying to touch the image.
"your glowing!"
"what animal is that?"

Zar ans Erelae came over, scooted some back to give the warrior some space.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked at the young ones curiously, then glanced down at himself; he was glowing with a radiant light that covered him from head to toe.
"Huh; that can't be. . " he trailed off as Zar and Erelae helped back some the onlookers up.
When one of the young ones tried to touch to telthor of the lion, it came up and nudged it's head against the young ones hand, it's skin as solid as a rock; the childs hand brushed over it's mane rather than going through it, as the child initial thought it would.
"Indeed I am glowing, curious."
He looked to the one asked the question of the animal spirits; Veraka responded, "What are these animals; well one of them is a dire wolf," he indicated the wolf spirit on his left, "and this big furball is the sacred totem spirit of my tribe, the mighty Black Lion."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the child, unafraid, continued to rub the magestic creature.
"this doesnt seam to be normal occurance?" Lady Erelae asked due to his reaction.

"black lion?"
"dire wolf?"
"wow!"
"can we keep them?"
"it looks like the big white one, almost"

((soon the alarm will come thru.))
----
Nilree looked all thru the compound for Zarae, finding her on the private balcony. He motioned for her to follow him, urgency in his tone, "my room, quick!"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka turned to look at Erelae, only then did the true nature of his change manifest itself; when his eyes locked onto Erelae's, they were blazing red-hot and radiant silver, which only happened when the berserker came out in full strength.
"No, I've never had this happen before; wait, Erelae, are my eyes as red as a drow's and still silver?"

Before he got his answer, he was overwhelmed again with questions. This time he answered them in complete sequential order, hoping Erelae and Zar would be able to assist him.
"Yes, it is a dire wolf, which is a much bigger stronger version of a regular sized wolf; and yes, the dire wolf does look very similiar to Aurora that many of you know, no doubt." He chuckled when they asked if they could keep the spirits.
"I don't know if they want to be kept, but you are more than welcome to try; and yes, the black lion; the sacred animal that my tribe of Uthgardt barbarians honor and is named after."
The lion let out a powerful roar at the mention of the Uthgardt tribe.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she was about to answer but the younglings were insistant.
"it mine!"
"wait I saw it first!"
"but it's my birfday, and me wants it..." (sorry, thought it would be funny)
"alright, now, yall need to head down to supper. those kind ladies took time to fix you warm meals and keep you fed," Zar got in.
soon they began to disperse, one trying to coax the being with her.
"now to answer your question," she looked and nodded.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

At first Veraka thought that he set off a firestorm of commotion. He was speechless and had to look to Zar and Erelae for support; Zarstra intervened telling the younglings about supper, and they began to disperse.
When Erelae nodded her 'yes', he sat there contemplating the possibility that the impossible had just happened. He stumbled backwards onto a rock, and landed on it; "that's impossible, never before has something like this happened; it. . can't be," he said in a low tone. The lion and wolf spirits looked at him, they're eyes glowing; when Veraka said 'impossible', the lion roared again and the wolf howled at him.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

mother and daughter didnt know what to do. they hadnt experienced anything like this. the howl and roar echoed thru the cavern of song.
"well, they're trying to tell you something..."
"is their something we can do?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka looked at the two, his eyes blazing with the berserker's fury, but the inner beast didn't attack, didn't lash out. Veraka could feel the inner rage that burned in his heart, the raw power of the berserker ebbed to be let go, it wanted to lash out at everything in front of it, including the two Elistraeens in front of him, but it would not, it could not, not with out his consent.
"It's in me right now, that power, that rage, the berserker inside, it's back." the Black Lion roared yet again, but with more power, the wolf however remained silent.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the priestess looked at each other.
"what should we do then?"
the lion roared again. Erelae whispered a prayer.
--
"it is time!" word was sent to the third house. a wicked smile apeared on her face as she stood before her gathered eager army.
her commander knew, even before words were spoke, and had them moving.
"and now I will become second matron."
--
Nilree and Zarae debated in the confined of his room, debated what to do. To tell the Matron Mother would revel Rhylaun and have him killed as well as Nilree. Anyone even suspected of worshiping any but Lloth were given to Lloth. bur to ignore the warning would mean death.
Finally they decided to speak to House weaponmaster Rhylaun.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka again looked down at his body, he was in complete control of his darker side, for a time anyway.
"No, it's not what you should do; it's what I can do. Erelae , do remember when I received that premonition about house Kilanatlar being in flames and then I told you that I possess a darker side to myself, a side that is pure rage, hate, anguish, all negative emotions as such make up it's power; well it's awake and its in me right now. The thing is, it obeys my every command," he looked up at both Zar and Erelae; "I have complete control of the berserker side of me."
With that, both the Black Lion and the Dire Wolf spirits lept back into their respected carriers, both of which continued to glow.
"If I have the berserker under a leash, then I say let's put it to some use," he said, a smile forming on his face.

Dacuda was waiting patiently for Mae'Vir to bid him his command and let him get on with his task. The elite vamp had to smile again as he loved the chaos of the Underdark cities of the drow.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Mae'Vir motioned for her house wizard and the vampire, "head over there, but wait until it looks like Kilanathlar's winning, then enter with this," handing him the house emblem, "and begin. we will join in after you give me the signial."
--
they smiled back at him. but it was short lived. she recieved the messaged that soliders from, "the third house? what is going on?"
Zar reasoned quickly, "no, no, this is bad. it's a coalation. first and third are attacking."
Erelae was already sending word. she teleported to her room and changed into her disguise and hurried. "Eva, have Seyll get the right people together. no drowlings. I have the seven already moving into place. you're in charge!"
"may the Ladies blessing go with you!" Eva called as Lady Erelae disappeared.
Zar grabbed Veraka's hand and teleported them to her room.
"no time!" not even caring he was in the room, she changed into her disguise quickly. then tossed him a vial. "if you need it, it will make you invisible. ready?" she asked pulling the black robes over her head to cover her unclad form.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Dacuda bowed to Matron Mae'Vir; "it will be as you command." He then followed the houses resident wizard to their destination and got himself comfortable for an enjoyable scene of gore that was about to commence.

Veraka narrowed his eyebrows at the comment. He saw Erelae teleport to her destination and was then grabbed by Zarstra, whom telepoted them both to her private quarters. He wasn't phased in the slightest as Zarstra unchanged her clothing; he merely turned his head in out of respect for her.
Veraka then caught the vial and tucked it into his belt pouch; "time doesn't wait and neither do I," he replied to Zar's question.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix