Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Ascent from Darkness

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

Lith My'athar, a small city compared to most Underdark metropolises, was located in a mile wide elliptical shaped cavern with the ceiling rising a nine hundred feet and the cavern floor studded with stalagmites and lesser pillars. The beautiful carved stalagmites covered in many hues of faerie fire served as the many houses for the wealthy. The city was divided into six major districts.
the Brozen, the House loft where the thirteen noble houses stood overlooking the city. First House Mae'Vir, the largest and carved stalagmite of the cavern, stood in front of the bridge across Ryrrl’s tributary as a statement to the city of its power. A branch of Ryrrl, the fast flowing river that provided an eastern border to the main city and divined the cavern into two parts, separated the Brozen from the different districts. River Ryrrl provided the city with fresh water and a booming fishing industry. It also separated the city from the Eastmyr, the plain east of the river that served as fields for the rothe herds. Between it and the Ryrrl, they were the source of almost all of Lith My’athar’s food. Rich fungi farms, beds of moss and giant mushrooms tended to by slaves along the shores and great herds of deep rothe cared for by minor House Tirin.
Directly in the center were the Academy: Sorcere, Melee-Magthere and Arach-Tilinith. Between the three schools was located a large spider-shaped building, the cities largest and most elaborate temple dedicated to Lloth. Atop of the spider was located the cities clock, a twenty foot Firmanent Stone, an alchemically based stalagmite that related time according to the position of the sun or moon on the surface magically.
To the west between the Academy and the Mantle was Duthacloim, home to the wealthy up-and-coming non-noble drow houses. The majority of the drow lived there or in Exarz, the slums, where sick and outlaw drow live, along with the many non-drow inhabitants of the city.
Between the Academy and the river was the Bazaar. This area was the most varied and tolerant district and the industrial part of the city; located there, a permanent trade fair that attracted merchants and buyers from across the Underdark along with numerous inns and taverns. People were always coming and going out the large gate that guarded the city bridge. Trainee wizards, clerics and warriors are paid to patrol the Bazaar, providing firm, yet unobtrusive law-enforcement. Several permanent enchantments and buffers suppress sounds, vibrations and noises in the mile wide cavern.
The mantle, the plateau that surrounded the cavern, was located House Helvighym, the rebel base for followers of the Dark Maiden, Eilistraee.

--
WARNING! REALLY BAD PIX!

[img:90gn8aia]http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125 ... athlar.jpg[/img:90gn8aia]

{{purple lines in dark brown on right side are cavern enterances...
many boxes are just to say buildings or home exist.
any questions just ask. i use this for my story since im a visual person.}}
Last edited by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar on Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Moriquenti
Maid
Maid

Post by Moriquenti »

House Helvighym was just a rumor, a fainted whisper for Velnarin.Words spoken with shame from the mouth of his noble family deep in the labyrinth caverns of Khazal-Szithlin.But for him these words was a beacon of light in the absolute and chaotic darkness that for millenia swallowed his kind.These words was just the excuse,the fateful push on his back that told him "Leave this place.Seek the light..."
FLASHBACK: It was a night 1 year ago when Velnarin completed his 10 year training in Mele Magthere as a fighter when the unavoidable celebration feast took place.He was later staying in his cell thinking of the events that he experienced.How shallow all these were?What was the meaning of celebration in something that with no doubt would lead you in the loss of your life for Loth...for nothing. What a blasphemous thought!If the priestesses knew...But Loth and her cruelty had no place in the heart and mind of Velnarin.And then he saw it...A beautiful lute, remnant of a surface raid on an elven hamlet...he kept it as trophy (what a stupid trophy his instructors always saying) but he never noticed it before.
He took it on his arms.He touched the strings...He couldn't believe it, he could find rythm,meaning, balance in the sound, in the..."music".
He slept and he saw a dream...A distant figure dancing on top of a hill with the fullmoon as a font...The music...was bringing him tears but the voice, this melodic, commanding and beautiful voice was calling him "Velnarin come to me"
He woke up immediately.He found his body full with sweat...He knew.He had to leave...NOW!!!
And now there he was, outside the gate of House Helvighym seeking refuge...Only he knew how he managed to come there.What dangers and perils he crossed this past month only for a rumor, only for a glimpse of light...But he made it. He was there...

OOC:I hope you like it and you will accept me...
Bereavest me of sleep, makest me wander under thy light...
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((nice begining! yeah im ok with anyone wanting to RP. i figured i could get ideas for my story too... ;) ))

today seamed like another day, business as usual in the drow city, or so it appeared to all. the city council, the top five noble houses (House Mae'Vir, House Kilanatlar, House X'larraz'et'soj, House Omat, House Xuxium)[/size:1eupt0rv], had met; all but one had been called to the meeting. two days from now, House Mae'Vir and House X'larraz'et'soj would strike. House Kilanatlar was in the midst of discovering the source of their House's disfavor and the identity of their soon be destroyers.

Alylin had yet to determine the rebel base. She had slowly and tortuously killed the Eilistraeean and still had not learned anything. The woman had still offered her redemption. Alylin scoffed at the notion, spitting her contempt at the traitor. What bothered her most was the peaceful look on her face as she died, despite the agonizingly slow death. The notion of rejecting the Spider Queen and finding an existence outside of Lloth’s influence was madness as well as heresy. Yet that dead drow did, and died with a smile. Searching the dead body revealed no implication of a possible House as a base. Unknowingly to her of their importance, she found a key ring of tiny keys and a sword pendent necklace. She quickly cut off a finger and ear and snatched the keyring and necklace to take back to her employer as proof. She couldn’t shake the events from her thoughts; especially that she was still no closer to her goal. Her next mission had been to hunt down the priestess that had been in Darkwalk inn. She had an idea of who she was, and based on her clothing she was from Dothcloim, a wealthy non-noble. it was a start, but not a good one.

House Helvighym had stood since the beginning of the founding of the city and one of the oldest Noble houses and one that didnt reside in the Brozen.
Matron Helvighym, had heard of the recent murder of her youngest daughter and was distraught. every loss of life hurt her dearly. her 'patron' had been on a mission to the neighboring city, Charrvhel'raugaust. she knew that no matter how tremendous the torture of her beloved daughter, she would never give up the location. new 'members' were kept deep in the cave network that served as home ((promenade idea)).
Zarstra Helvighym was busy with business. as a leader of the rebel base and refuge, she was in charge of keeping the House out of suspicion and Lloth's eyes. during what was considered 'night' Zarstra had received a vision dream. a drow male was seeking the Light. she dressed in the black robes of a priestess of Lloth, barely keeping her revulsion down as the fabric touched her skin. she hated this work, but knew that lives of the refuges were at stake as well as the redemption of future drow. she touched her holy symbol and prayed to her goddess for strength and insight. there was no doubt about the dream, it was figuring out who was a real seeker and who was trying to infiltrate. Zarstra walked out the gates to see a male standing there (deep in thought?)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt looked at the nervous male. Through the nervousness, he detected an underlying self-assuredness and power. From his scrying spell he could easily see that the drow had muscled arms, and his weapons' hilts were smooth looking, worn from long years of practice with the sword. But most interesting, was the fact that he stared at the gates of the House Zazzt was also interested in. Flexing his fingers to make them more limber, and swishing his robes shut to hide his own pair of longswords, also well used, he mumbled a phrase, and stood a few buildings behind the male. He stepped out into the street, and quickly checking his disguise to make sure he looked like nothing more than a wizard, he started walking, looking around at the bulidings as though he was no more than a simple tourist, enjoying the sites, "accidentally" bumping into the male. "Oh, my apologies good sir." He mumbled out
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Moriquenti
Maid
Maid

Post by Moriquenti »

Velnarin was tired after a month of wandering.he was yearning for a nice hot bath along with tender and slim fingers touching his body and relaxing his muscles.He had made it safe and unharmed so far untill the very steps of his goal...he didn't know what to expect.in his lonely journey he was thinking of a nice and full of light drow female welcoming him through a door of a beautiful House...No he knew this was just a naive thought but it would be perfect, wouldn't it? But among his thoughts even the not so encouraging he didn't expecting that...

The door opened and there she was the drow female of his thoughts.But instead of a priestess of light there was standing a common priestess of Loth, fearful and deadly..."In what kind of madness did i wlked my self in?" he thought barely avoiding panic...He should look relax,he should hide his fear as the instructors taught him years ago.His mind start to work in lightning speed to find an ecuse for his disturbance...

This sudden change in his plans kept his alertness in slumber and he didn't notice in time this strange figure approaching him...This was a deadly mistake...or it should have been...This strange figure just bumped into him in an accidental way."Oh, my apologies good sir" he heard the figure say...What was his goal? Velnarin thought.He swore instantly that he would never be again so careless.His arms instinctly moved to his swords and touched them ready to put them in action...

OOC:Apologies for any kind of orthographic mistakes or lack of vocabulary
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarstra saw the male's reaction and divine guidance led her to cast a true seeing for the male to see who she was. she entered his mind, in a soft whisper, "welcome young male. yes it is i you seek. see past my disguise. A rightful place awaits you in the light. Come in peace."
suddenly a silver light surrounded her only a true seeker could see. Zarstra started to walk twords the male when she noticed another male and him draw his weapons.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
Moriquenti
Maid
Maid

Post by Moriquenti »

Velnarin was in furious anger for his mistake, his lack of perception.he turned towards the shadowy figure with his swords half drawn...but he saw the figure walking away as if nothing happened...the mystery man didn't even turned to look.Then he heard it.the strange voice in his mind calling him...telling him that he actually reached the place that he was looking...the voice was asking him to look beyond loth's veil and believe the unbelievable.he turned and faced the female that was coming to him.if it was another deception he wouldn't fall easy in it.if she was coming for his death, well she had to pay a price...
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((if any want to play a NPC as a character let me know. any Eilistraeen in House Helvighym are defiantly up for play however one wants to play them. I have some that one can play, but i will need to give you the basic personality/role they play.))

Zarastra walked with in a few feet and paused, waiting for his response to her. The other male left them and no one else was around for the moment. She held her hands out non-threatingly. if one looked they would see she had no snake-headed whip, for they would only work for Lloth's faithful and favored.
"Why do fear Velnarin? why do you anger? yes I know you. Eilistraee knows you and offers you redemption and a place in the light. My disguise is nothing more than an attempt to secure the safety of all who seek redemption. Go and speak to Lady Helvighym."
Zarstra's hand went to the silver sword around her neck and whispered a prayer. She then grabbed the keyring from her pouch. A seeker would need a key to enter so those inside the house would know who he was.

Alylin, unseen, walked through the Dothacloim district. Her mind kept wondering back to the recent incident. How could she die so peacfully. Lloth was not merciful, even to her own, much less unfaithful. Would the lady even go to the abyss? Could one really escape Lloth's claws. '[i:dhv8mt1t]No, I will not think about that.'[/i:dhv8mt1t] She pulled out the keyring, wondering what it could be when an idea hit her. She could pretend to be seeking that false goddess in hopes that they would lead her to her destination. Those females were too trusting and it would be their end. a wicked smile crept on her face as she thought more about her plan.

Matron Shyntyl had gathered her family to discuss the recent events. She had heard rumors of an attack of her house. All the family were gathered, even the youngest- Zarae and Nilree.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(ok so I'm kinda new to this, so bear with me)

It had probably been the third or forth time that he'd set foot into the dark caverns of the Underdark, though Veraka still felt out of place. His senses heightened, ever alert to the all-to-real dangers that lurked in every nook and cranny that his boots trod upon. Having seen more than his fair share of ambushes, Veraka was growing weary of walking through the seemingly never-ending caverns.
[i:iults55f]The sooner we get to Lith My'athar, the better.[/i:iults55f] Veraka thought to himself.
[i:iults55f]Do not fret, my Aasimar friend; I smell it's scent already. We are less than half a day's travel from it[/i:iults55f] Aurora told him comfortingly, through their telepathic bond that they shared. Veraka glanced over at his winter wolf companion and watched her face change as she picked up more scents; he sighed. Unlike most winter wolves, Aurora wasn't the slightest bit evil, which was one of the reasons as to why he was able to communicate with her.
[i:iults55f]An odd pairing indeed[/i:iults55f] Veraka mused to himself. A winter wolf and an Aasimar traveling together definitly made more than the odd eyebrow raise at the sight.
[i:iults55f]I suppose it's not to bad, after all we're outcasts among outcasts here in the Underdark.[/i:iults55f]
An Aasimar that was raised among the Uthgardt barbarians of the Black Lion tribe, Veraka understood all to well what being an outcast felt like. Aasimar by birth, barbarian by right, he knew others of his tribe looked upon him for what he was, not who he was. Always suspicous of him, finally one day, the tribal chief proclaimed a challenge for Veraka, one of which he could not refuse, lest be cast out. The task was but a simple one: go raid and pillage another tribes camp. However easy the task was, it butted heads in every way with his morals. He refused saying that it was dishonorable to do something so degrading; and so cast out he was, never able to return again. Under the stress and hate that had overcome him, Veraka cast aside his god, Tyr, and for a while was a faithless paladin; one whose sword was one that was without a purpose. For all his life, Veraka felt like his calling was to be a paladin, a fighter whose sword served justice and justice alone; but on that day, he saw no justice, he saw hypocrisy.
Then he met the Maiden, whom guided him to his animal companion, Aurora. Veraka saw the Dark Maiden, or at least whom he thought it was, standing over a bleeding and dying winter wolf pup. He had nursed Aurora back to health, and was astonished to find out that she was to be killed because of the innocence that she possessed as a pup. Winter wolves were known for their ferocity and harshness. That was what Veraka loved about Elistraee; she didn't care what you were. She accepted for who you were. That fact alone spoke volumes to Veraka's sense of justice and honor and that fact alone was why he now served her as a paladin, dispensing justice when neccesary and protecting those who were innocent.
[i:iults55f]Hard to find a deity that does that these days; She's the polar opposite of her mother. It makes me wonder what Correllon saw in Lolth as a mate. At the very least, his daughter knows what is just and what is not.[/i:iults55f]
[i:iults55f]Are you about done yet with your ranting. In case you haven't noticed, we've arrived at our destination.[/i:iults55f] Aurora butted into Veraka's thoughts.
He gave a hardy laugh that reverberated throughout the lightless caverns.
"That's one thing I can always count on with you, always on track."
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((welcome! just a warning, this one seams a bit slow so ur welcome to join others. I know 'Vale of Shadows' is looking for another to join also...or u can join shores of dispair too.

if anyone wants a visual so-called map i can put one up. unfortunately its done thru paint so its not a really good one. ))

Zarae knew of the coming house war. She had just gotten out of the house chapel and her mother's 'meeting' with the yochol. that was one experience she never wanted to be involved in again! at least their house enemies had a name, the second and third houses.
she wanted to go see her twin brother and they sneak out of the compound, but it was his day to practice and train with the house weaponmaster.
She knew she wasnt allows to leave, even haven gotten a severe whipping the first time, but she didnt care. what 14 year old drow would?
she flashed her house insignia and slipped silently and unseen into the secret escape tunnel and began and exited into the Brozen near Ryrrl.
--
near the enterance to the cavern in Eastmyr, a few guards stood. they thought they heard noises from the tunnel, a laugh. the younger guard andd recent academy graduate looked to his superior confused. it was a sound they hadnt heard often before.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(Thanks Zarae; actually a map might be a nice addition, just to give a rough estimate as to where everything is)
As Veraka and his wolf companion approached the entrance to the drow city, Aurora's ears perked up.
"What is it?" Veraka asked in a near whisper.
[i:25ox1p3m]Something doesn't smell right.[/i:25ox1p3m]
[i:25ox1p3m]What do ya mean?[/i:25ox1p3m] Veraka returned the thought.
[i:25ox1p3m]I don't know, but whatever it is isn't native to these parts of the caverns.[/i:25ox1p3m] Aurora replied.
"Could be an unwanted visitor to these parts"; the distinctive [i:25ox1p3m] KLACK KLACK [/i:25ox1p3m] of a Hook Horror confirmed Veraka's suspicions. Not a moment later, surprised screams pierced the darkness, emanating deep from within the caverns. Veraka took off running down the caverns, Aurora right on his heels. He came upon the source of the screams, three children, dark elves from what he could make out, were huddled up against a ridge; the three reasons for why the dark elf children were terrified were fighting among each other. A collection of Hook Horrors, Cave fishers, and carnivorous birdmen were kicking the Nine Hells out of each other in an all out brawl to see which of the groups would have the little ones as a snack.
It was when a cave fisher got out of the fray and managed to snag one of the screaming kids that Veraka blitzed into the fight. The drow child thought that he was dead for sure as the fisher’s jaws opened to devour its newly acquired, however when he reached the maw of the cave fisher, it didn’t close down around him. Veraka had the creature by its jaw, keeping it from snapping up the child. However the fisher had other tools at its disposal; keeping itself concentrated on Veraka, the crab-like abomination used its right claw to swat at Veraka. The attack connected, sending the aasimar flying. The child let loose one final plea for help as the fisher feasted on him.
Veraka saw the cave fisher dig its teeth into the youngling’s head and rip it from his body. At that moment, he felt something deep inside himself; he felt the want for justice, the desire for vengeance, and the bloodlust that would accompany it. Veraka closed his eyes for a split second, and then opened them; instead of their normal dark-forest green color, dark silver hung within them. He’d unleashed the berserker within him.
Veraka let loose a roar of rage and defiance that echoed throughout the caverns. Some of the creatures within the fight scattered, fleeing for their lives, as they thought it was something bigger than them in size. Veraka drew his bastard sword, Marala Vharc, from its sheath and charged into the brawl, intent on killing everything around him, save the drow children that were frightened to death.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

drow guards heard the sudden noise of agony and a familier clacking down the tunnel and knew the ruckus of the traveler alert a hook horror.
one turned to enter the scene to discover a human-looking being with a large canine beas and drowlings. Still unseen the drow guard dropped multiple globes of darkness and and drew out his wrist cross bow.
the drowling knew what was going on. and suddenly went quiet. the battle continued in the darkness so the guard had to wait till a victor emerged. He aimed and watched, waiting to see.

---
Zarae walked across the bridge into the main section of the city, her piwafwi tight around her and cloak hiding her face. it was obvious from her dress she was a noble daughter. She decided to head out to Eastmyr. She had never explored that part of the city. And with war coming, she may never get to. the key would to get the bridge guards to let her out of the city proper and into Eastmyr.
walking quickly and silently she passed several litters of wealthy non-nobles and busy stores. The durgar slaver was arguing with one such wealthy drow over the price of a slave as she hurried on twords the gate, hand always on her daggers.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(Awesome, at least now there's a reference to use for location. Sorry if this a little long)
His enchanted gloves and his Black Lion amulet totem fueling his rage with the ancient spirits within them, the berserker roared in his veins and in his head.
As Veraka charged into fight and blindsided one of the Hook Horrors, he noticed something odd within the fight; the drow children had stopped screaming and wailing, stopped making any sort of noise all together.
[i:1h1svo56]Veraka, I don't know if you've noticed this, but there are several places within the cavern that my vision cannot penetrate, as if they were . . . [/i:1h1svo56] Aurora told him just as he deftly rolled under a horizontal slash from the Hook Horror that he'd just approached from behind.
[i:1h1svo56]Voids of utter blackness.[/i:1h1svo56] Veraka said in his mind, finishing Aurora's thought for her. As he came out of his roll, Veraka slashed at the hook horror's left leg, effectively hamstringing it. The monstrosity toppled over as its legs would no longer support its bulk. Veraka brought Marala Vharc over his head tip first, and plunged it into the horror's skull in a crude, but effective coup de grace. Veraka's sword met quite a bit of resistance as its razor tip hit the cranium of the Hook Horror; his superior strength, augmented by the berserker within him, however, allowed his blade to crack the skull open, plunging into the soft tissue of the brain, and coming out the other end of its skull. Blood and brains oozed out of the cleaved open skull.
Aurora made mince meat out of the Horror that was just about to get the drop on Veraka. Veraka turned around just in time to see the Hook Horror that was behind him get taken down by Aurora. Though she was a good aligned creature, Aurora was still a wolf at heart, and wolves, winter, dire or regular, were fiercely protective of those whom they considered to be part of their pack. Aurora was one of the calmest and loving creatures that he’d ever known; but in that instant when he was threatened, she became the wolf that she was, releasing the fury and carnage that came with that side of her. Veraka saw his winter wolf companion tackle the Hook Horror and pin it to ground with her mass. He then saw her jaws descend to the creature’s neck. When she lifted her head and looked at him, a green color had draped itself over her muzzle; that along with a chunk of the monster throat that hung from her maw.
“Doom, Doom, Doom.” Veraka realized that the two fresh corpses of both him and Aurora’s kills had attracted the attention of the birdmen.
“Bollocks” he cursed under his breath, as he slammed Marala Vharc into the chest of one of the walking feathers that came up in front of him. Veraka grinned as he saw the edge of his blade emerge from the back, blood running freely down its edges. Planting a boot on the bipedal avians’ chest, Veraka pushed hard, and his sword came free. Right then, he heard a yelp of pain. He looked behind himself, to see Aurora pinned by several birdmen, with one, who was wielding a greataxe, about to behead his wolf friend. Acting on instinct, Veraka charged toward the axe-wielding bird biped. Realizing that he wouldn’t make it, he gripped Marala Vharc two-handedly, and spun in 360 around. At the apex of his spin, he released his sword. The 7.5 pound sword spun through air. Right as the birdman released his built up energy in his swing, Marala Vharc imbedded itself into monster’s chest; the shear momentum behind the Veraka’s throw sent the birdman flying onto its back. By the time the others realized that their executioner was dead, Veraka shoulder-charged the one that was latched onto Aurora’s head. He cannoned into the walking bird and started pummeling it senseless with his armored fists.
“DOOM!” the birdman screamed as Veraka wrung his arm around the thing’s neck and started to yanked with all his strength; he kept pulling until he heard a sickening, wet SNAP. He retrieved his sword from the axmens corpse. Another came in, ranting on about ‘doom’.
[i:1h1svo56]They just don’t learn, do they?[/i:1h1svo56] Veraka thought to himself, as he jumped back dodging the fanatical bird’s attack, putting his sword behind himself. At that moment, he released his tensed muscles, bringing Marala Vharc up and over his head in a well-practiced Crescent Moon power attack. Marala Vharc connected with the birdman’s head and dug itself a nice four inches into the skull.
The remaining birdmen fled the battle scene.
“That’s right, RUN!” Veraka shouted after them. It was only then that he realized his mistake; the birdman weren’t fleeing from him. All of sudden he was sailing through the air. Veraka slammed against the cavern wall and the ground rushed up to meet him .
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the drow male watched with excitment. perodically a body part poked out of the darkness globe. other than the usual stuff with their neighboring city, not much happened. the hook horrors were finished with the wolf's attack. the guard noticed in the distance another enemy for the male to fight. so he dispissed the darkness as they neared.
He rather enjoyed the show with the birdmen. he only wished there were more spectators so he could cast bets. out of the corner of his eye he spotted it and sighed. "
She just couldnt let things go could she?"
down the carvern tunnel came 2 humanoids with long, shaggy, white hair covering their entire bodies. The other guard sent the quaggoths down the tunnel before her. The birdmen ran off as one slammed Veraka. one walked over and pick up the male and dragged him back twords the city while the other one began to tackle to wolf. they were under orders not to kill, just apprehend them.
Mayae, the superior of the two signed fast and quick to the drow male, [i:1dl6rrdy]idiot, bring them both to me in the tower. I will have Bruzt take my place.[/i:1dl6rrdy] the male nodded his acknowledgement, for there was little else he could do. she was superior to him in everyway. with crossbow still aimed, but now at the wolf he edged closer but a safe distance.
'let them do the work' he thought.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(Enjoyed my fight scene, anyone? FYI, Veraka is in a dream for the most part of this scene.)
Veraka woke, except he was in a place that he couldn't quite describe. He looked around, and his eyes came upon three figures off in the distance. One looked to be a dragon, but its scales sparkled with a brilliant platinum luster. His jaw just about dropped off of its hinges as he realized whom it was that he was looking at. The other two figures were both female; one was a near naked drow, and the other was a half-solar from he could tell.
The angel was the first one to speak.
"Veraka, Veraka Orden." she beckoned him to come forward. He did so. “You have come far and wide to have your questions answered, is this so?”
“It is, why do you ask?” he asked back, curious as to how this solar knew of what he was after.
“Then I becketh thy, step before mighty Bahamut, Great Wyrm of platinum, and ask.” She said with command in her voice.
The great platinum covered dragon moved forward and bid Veraka to do the same. Veraka stepped up, and clearing his throat, asked “Great Bahamut, I ask you but one question. Do you know my origins; from which bloodlines do I hail from?”
In a very deep, rumbling voice, the platinum wyrm said, “What I know about your heritage is what you have already guessed at. You are the descendant of one of the great solars of Celestia; though where it is escapes even my eyes, young warrior.”
“But you don’t know who it is that is my ancestor?” Veraka dared ask the mighty dragon.
“I do, in fact, know whom your lineage belongs to; but know this. I do not give away such knowledge without a test.”
[i:2wwqp70m]Great, just what I needed[/i:2wwqp70m] Veraka thought to himself.
“A test is in fact entirely what you need,” Bahamut said, a hint of annoyance in his tone. “Know this; I test you to prove your resolve and your sense and purpose of justice. I test you to see if this knowledge will be of your benefit or will cost you dearly. If you wish to have this knowledge bestowed upon you, travel to find a monk who will guide you onto your correct path. He is known as ÅŒtkilen Firebeard. Learn and learn well, for he has wisdom that rivals some of the gods. Now, Veraka Orden, go forth with the challenge that I have bestowed upon you and do justice in the world.” With that, the enormous platinum scaled wyrm stepped back. Lastly, the female drow stepped forward, a look of worry and concern etched across her fair features.
“Young warrior,” she addressed him with some urgency, “you are familiar with the two young dark elf children that you fought valiantly to protect, yes?”
“I am,” said Veraka, nodding his head to emphasize his answer.
“Tis good, as both of them are in very real danger,” she replied. Veraka’s heart nearly skipped a beat as the thought of those young Drowlings being in any sort of imminent danger.
“What do you want me to do?” Veraka asked, a hard edge coming over his voice.
“Save them, get them out of Lolth’s presence, lest they become tainted by her evil and wickedness. Do not let their innocence get taken from them; I beg you, don’t let them become enslaved as I once was to Lolth’s false ways.”
That last part stabbed at the very core of who he was; he felt the berserker stirring deep down.
“Should I know anything else?” he asked as his green eyes went red, outlined by silver around them. He couldn’t hold the berserker in check much longer.
“Yes, they’re known by the names of Xaeraen and Volas.” The female drow said.
“Very well, but answer me one question. Why are you so interested in them?”
“Because they’re my grandchildren,” she said, her eyes suddenly holding an endless sorrow.
His eyes narrowed; “Consider it done.”
This time, the dragon spoke up. “Now, Veraka, storm warrior of the Black Lion tribe; you’ve have two young ones to see to and make sure that they do not grow up tainted and twisted. Now GO!” the platinum dragon roared.
(Back to reality)
Veraka felt that he was being hauled across a rocky surface; he cracked his eyes open barely enough to see what was going on. He was being pulled by an interesting looking humanoid with hair that looked like a tornado had come through it. Veraka did know what was in for him and Aurora if they made it to that tower that he’d saw. He quickly prayed to whatever god was willing to listen; hopefully it would be Elistraee to answer his prayer. [i:2wwqp70m]Elistraee, if you can hear this, then for the sake of those two younglings, please send someone to assist Aurora and myself, so that we may get those children out of there. [/i:2wwqp70m]Veraka decided that there wasn’t much more he could do other than sit and wait to see what happened.[/i]