Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((yeah))

Mayae looked comfused. 'did i just hear the wolf speak in my mind?' she wondered. this was one time she wish she had been as smart os her peers. she was use to winning thru bullying, before she met the Dark Maiden.
an idea struck her.
[i:3615twm0]I'm no priestess. but I have an idea. I will pretend to have you as a slave. I need him to be disguised inside those dead and you to drag it to the tower. It must be believeable. some of those conies are big enough to hide him in.'[/i:3615twm0]
she turned and cast another globe of darkness behind her and walked cautiously down the trail.
[i:3615twm0]He should send the children out out. they need to act like I beat them. many rogues wonder out here, especially drowlings. and If im looting, they should only laugh at their suposed being in trouble. It the safest way. [/i:3615twm0]
--
Zarae climbed down from her spot, her cowl still low and herself still hidden within the shadows. She edge closer to the group. wondering what next. she didnt recognize the two around her age. but being noble, she wasnt supose to be outta the house anyway.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:9zqwvuge]Very well, though I hesitate to send the younglings out of Veraka's protection[/i:9zqwvuge] said back through her thoughts, putting her head low in a mock bow, hopping that her show of submission would be enough for any prying eyes.
Aurora then went back to Veraka who was astounded to see her.
She communicated the captain's plans to him via their telepathic bond.
[i:9zqwvuge]I hate letting the children out of my sight; but it seems a viable option[/i:9zqwvuge] he said in his mind.
"Alright; Xaeraen and Volas, I need you both go to the female captain, and pretend to run around as she was severely scolding you, okay." They both shook their heads.
"Look, I swear she will not harm you; if she were that type, I would not be here talking to you." Upon hearing this, they both got up and ran to the female captain, hoping that the paladin had been telling the truth.
[i:9zqwvuge]You're not gonna like how we're gonna get you into the city[/i:9zqwvuge] thought Aurora, as she pulled some of the dead birdmen into a makeshift pile.
[i:9zqwvuge]It's better than seeing the younglings suffer[/i:9zqwvuge] he thought back as he pulled himself into the mock pile. Aurora then proceeded to drag the pile of corpses, Veraka within it, toward the female.
[i:9zqwvuge]I hope you know what you're doing [/i:9zqwvuge] Aurora thought back to the captain.
Last edited by veraka on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Xaeraen and Volas ran as fast as they could toward the female drow captain that the assimar paladin, named Veraka, had described. They did their best to look as if they were frightened, which in all actuality, was not that hard, considering that the both of them were terrified out of their mind.
For some strange reason, both children all of sudden wanted to be back with the paladin; he seemed to care for them, almost in fatherly way, which for a drow of the Underdark, was not among their ways of life. Volas looked back behind himself to see the great white wolf, dragging a pile of corpses toward the female that they were now within range of.
"I hope to the gods that we see him again." Volas said to his sister, Xaeraen.
"Me to." she replied as they approached the female captain.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

[i:k8fohgm3]alright lets get everyone out of here and quick[/i:k8fohgm3] she spoke to Aurora.

Zarae decided to help with the plan; she had something the surface beast didnt, hands. She didnt even really know why she was helping either. possibly curosity about the surfacer or boredom.
She stepped into sight and calmly bent down to help, hoping her actions wouldnt provoke such a magnificent creature.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(I'm guessing that Zarae is helping Aurora drag the bodies across the floor)
Aurora heard the captain, and proceeded to follow her to whatever place she had in mind to use as a haven.
[i:380zzmf6]I don't know where you want me to go, so I'll follow you to where ever you deem suitable.[/i:380zzmf6] Aurora said back to the captain. As she dragged the pile of corpses that housed Veraka inside, she noticed the young female drowling, the one that'd she saw back at the tower doorway. Aurora's ice-blue eyes met the young ones, and she understood that the young one had the intention of helping out; so she let her.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

[i:1x1dphg4]to the tower's extension. my personal residence it there.[/i:1x1dphg4] turning to Zarae she signed, [i:1x1dphg4]Kilanatlar daughter, use your hiding upon exiting.[/i:1x1dphg4]
As they neared Zarae vanished from visible sight. the guards looked at their captain funny, but one stern look the turned away.
"now I expect better vigilence from my guards. Allowing children to enter the tunnels could cost you. but I know you value, for now."
She turned and headed twords her place, wolf dragging the dead bodies. Opening the door for them she let them enter and she slamed it behind her.

Zarae, seeing the her reaction and hearing Mayae, pulled her piwafwi hood down and picked up part to adjust for better dragging. She followed quietly and entered the little building.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka heard a slam from inside his rancid-smelling hiding spot.
[i:y6bs9sti]We are safe from prying eyes for now[/i:y6bs9sti] Aurora said to him. With a grunt, Veraka punched out at one of the foul-smelling corpses, and lifted himself out of the pile of garbage.
"Phu, puh. Now I know the very definition of garbage looting." he said with every bit of sarcasm he could muster. At the remark, the children laughed, and Aurora issued an audible rumble, which he took for a laugh.
"Okay captain," he said, turning to the female drow, "you've saved my hide twice, and for that, I thank you. However, I'm gonna be needing some answers. First and foremost on that list is who are you, and who is this youngling?" he asked, turning turning to the other female drow in the room.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"I am Mayae of no house. Here our city has labeled followers of the Dark Maiden or the Masked Lord the rebels. One of the lower ranking noble houses is the 'rebel' base for us. We take in those who truly seek the Lady's light. But many of us rebels have infiltrated different part of the city to bring her message. We have been unsuccessful in getting into the Academies. But we are being sought out and killed by numerous trying to keep or regain Lloth's favor. TThe Red Sisters are an elite group of assassins. they have the task of finding our base. hus all the trouble I have went thru."
She let it sink in, watching Zarae even tho she was 'invisible.'

Zarae waited in the shadows listening. She knew the female guard had some equipment the gave her true seeing. Her perked up at mention of the Red Sisters. Her wean-mother, the second daughter, was a member of the group. And another sister, 3rd daughter, was hired by [i:26pfznn2]someone [/i:26pfznn2]to hunt down the base Mayae mentioned.

"The drowling, based on her age, the youngest daughter of..."
Zarae finished, "of House Kilanatlar. So if you plan to do anything, my house..."
"dont worry child. I dont care for house struggles. but word has spread of the upcoming house war. So I am rather curious of why you are out."
Zarae shrugged. "what do you know?"
"nothing except whispers. but enough on that." Turning to the surfacer, "May I ask of you? and these children?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Ahh. Then it seems you've not only saved the life of a surfacer, but also a fellow Elistraeen. I am Veraka Orden, storm warrior and paladin of Elistraee; and this is Aurora," he said gesturing toward toward the elegant winter wolf.
"As for the children here, they are Xaeraen and Volas. Before you ask how and why I've decided to protect them, I'll say this; I've a strong conviction for younglings. It is my belief that they can do no wrong until they understand that they can. As for how I knew the names of the children. . " he paused, considering his next words, [i:un8vqyhf]If Mayae is a follower, then she's earned my trust[/i:un8vqyhf].
"I came across their names within a dream I had while I was held here. I believe I was led here to do something; perhaps the Dark Maiden has more in mind than I fully realized," he said, a smile forming on his face.
"Well then, Mayae, it seems you've come across a paladin who follows the Dark Maiden the same as you do. What would you have me do now. As much as a commander as I'd like to be, I believe you have the experience here; and before you say anything, no I am not leaving the city until I successfully see Xaeraen and Volas to the surface, where they might be brought up properly, under the right guidance; not under the tutelage of some Lolthite here in the Underdark," he said with degree of finality to his voice.
"Whatever need you have, Mayae, know that both Aurora and myself are more than willing to help out with," Veraka said, turning to regard Zarae; "know that this offer also extends to you to, Zarae of House Kilanatlar."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((zarae wont go to Helvighym till after her house is destroyed. or to the surface till the city is attacked a yr or two later. major 'plot' things for her story))

Zarae stood their in disbelief. *an offer to the surface?* she very much wanted to. It was her dream, but she thought of her family, well her twin brother anyway, maybe even Rhylaun, the weaponmaster. her house on the brink of war. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't leave yet.

As Zarae was thinking, Mayae spoke up "because you have proven yourself trustworthy, we can bring them to our main 'base'. the house is a front and appears normal. but their is more to it. they house, train, teach, and care for many, much like the Academy, but without Lady of Chaos' influence. with things going on in the city and the upcoming house war, it would be too dangerous to bring them to the surface just yet. But the choice is theirs. Lady Helvighym controls the portal that leads to the surface refuge should any danger occur in the city or against the House."

Zarae didnt miss the name of the matron who ran the rebel house.
*irony, I find out befor Alylin*
Had she been like her kin, she could have used this information to gain much favor.
She turned to Veraka, "not yet, I have to get Nilree out first."
quietly she slipped out of the building and headed back twords the city proper.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(that works, thanks for the heads up; also, has Zarae's spell, Comprehend Languages, worn off yet, or not?)
"Very well; Xaeraen and Volas, do you want to go to the surface, or wait until it's safer to do so?" Veraka asked the two younglings.
"No; we wanna stay with you!" they both exclaimed at the same time, their eyes going large.
"Ok, well that settles that. Ok Mayae, you lead, we'll follow." With that, he proceeded to lift Xaeraen onto Aurora's back, and Volas onto his shoulders, both of them smiling now that they got to ride on the backs of Aurora and Veraka.
"Though I will admit, if there isn't some way to cloak my appearance, or dress me up as a slave, then we're going to have problems."
[i:s9latt1c]Actually the slave idea might do both you and Mayae some good, considering that all of us would get into the house unhindered; not to mention Mayae, that if you're seen dragging a slave, especially one of Veraka's stature, into the house, then that might divert some suspicion away from you and your fellow Elistraeens. As for me, well, some already think that I am your slave or pet. Let us keep it that way.[/i:s9latt1c] Aurora thought out to both Mayae and Veraka.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((prolly done by now...))
"hmmm, it's the other side of the cavern. We need to get you into the city then across the Bazaar."
She walked to her dresser(?) and began to rummage thru the top shelf. Somewhere she should have a jar of Shadow Dye, the famous magical cosmetic disguise made by House Kilanatlar's house wizard.
Turning back to Veraka she produced a small jar full of what looked like congealed shadow.
the city timeclock, a giant Firmanent Stone showed it was the equivilent of midday.
"When the shops close at the end of the 'day' We'll head out. coat all visible skin. it should make you appear drow. you will need to act like a lowly rogue, but we should be fine. I will take you and the drowlings to House Helvighym."
She pulled a keyring out of her pocket and pulled a key off and handed it to him.
"Should something happen to me, this will allow you in and identify you as friend," she whispered and place the small object into his hands.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka took both the jar of shadow stuff and the key, though a concerned look came over his face.
"Very well," he said as he started to apply the congealed shadow to his face, as that was the only skin that wasn't armored or covered up. Within seconds, Veraka took on the appearance of a very attractive and very well-muscled drow male.
"When do the shops close up, and as for the disguise; how do I look?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((u are speaking drow to Mayae right? she doesnt speak common...if not then the spell's still working))
"prewarning, that's very hard to scrub off. but Lady Helvighym should have the special soap. You look about right. Most will believe you have surfacer blood in you, not uncommon for rogues of the slums. That key is how new seekers who have proven to be true can gain enterance without a 'test'. We have what yall call several hours. When the stone," pointing out the window twords the large Llothite temple, "turns to, I'm not sure what color. a blushing humans checks?"

Zarae quickly headed twords her house, thinking about the offer. what would Nilree think? would he consider it? He was as adventurous as her, but he and Rhylaun had grown close, especially now that Nilree converted to Vhauraen. Maybe the three of them could make an existence on the surface. She had heard of some drow who had, tho there was little info about them. they had been dismissed as heritics or lost causes.
Another thought hit her, one that she suspected, that her family already knew, Rhylaun was her and Nilree's sire. It would make sense if he had. would it make a diffrence?
Something brung her from her contemplations, a small riot outside an alchemy shop.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"heh, lovely. Well since it seems we have some time to kill, mine as well spark up a conversation, as I've never been one for keeping quiet for long. I guess I'll start it off; you said Mayae that you're from no house here in the city, then what were your early years like," Veraka asked Mayae, noting how Xaeraen and Volas were playing with Aurora in the corner of the room.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix