Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((yeah. where u get birdmen idea...? lol. im not as good at discribing fight scene, i can see but cant word what i see.
not sure about the wolf...so im taking a guess...can fix if need be))

[i:b975wu8p]Click [/i:b975wu8p]went a familier sound. The wolf was shot with the sleep poison coated quarrel. the other quaggoth picked him up and carried him on his shoulder. the wolf fighting the poison as it crept thru his veins.
--
Little did the male know, Eilistraee was answering his prayers...
--
Zarae neared the gate, her cowl low and face hidden. She was tall for her young age, but drowlings were often sent as messengers to lower houses. She quickly had an idea. She pulled out some parchment and folded it like an important letter. few used the glowing ink so she wasnt worried about them attempting to open and read it. Acting as a messenger she quickly showed the guard the fake letter and told them of her destination, House Tirin. They hesitated, even was about to wave her off.
Stading tall, and throwing off her hood and revealing her House Insignia she spoke blatently "should they not get this, you may miss that delicious rothe roast I'm better you enjoy in your pitiful house. I doubt Matron Shyntyl Kilanatlar will take kind to your impeding business."
It was well know that her house and House Tirin were 'alies'. For they provided and important ingredient in the famous Shadow dye House Kilanatlar produced. The guard started to grab and inspect it but Zarae stopped him, "unless you'd like Matron Shyntyl's daughter to have a new toy, I suggest you let me pass."
Zarae sister Xullafae had a reputation of her hatred of males and cruelness, even among drow.
They let her pass and Zarae crossed over the bridge, smirking.
She stepped off the bridge onto the Eastmry, the open rothe plain. the smell was stronger as the heard was closer to the bridge than usual. In the distance she saw quoggoths dragging a non-drow out of the tunnel and into the guard tower. Her curosity got the better of her. Her house was about to go to war, why not? what the worst? another beating?
pulling her hood on she stepped into the shadows (shadowdancer level 1 feat- hide in plain sight) and made her way across the 'field' quickly just as they entered the tower door. She would have to make a distraction to enter.
--
the quoggoths dragged the male rather roughly. the guard returned to his post, watching out for the wolf. They entered the tower and set him on the floor. "take him into the jail." they roughly placed him on a table. the wolf was set in down in a cage. Mayae dismissed them as she walked over and shut the doors, then to the male and inspected him.
Her hand grabbed her holy symbol as she whispered a prayer to her goddess [i:b975wu8p]for [/i:b975wu8p]the male.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(the wolf is female, fyi, and I got the birdmen idea from the fact that they're native to Underdark.)
Veraka woke to blurred vision within his eyes. When his sight came into focus, He realized that he was in a cell of some sorts; his hand reflexively went for Marala Vharc, only to discover it, wasn't there. As was with his primary weapon, he'd been stripped of his short sword, Thunderstrike, his composite shortbow, and both. . . Veraka felt a sensation of relief pass through his heart as he felt the reassuring grip of one of his concealed tanto knives, conveniently disguised within his armor.
[i:2tmtmqo8]Best if I don't use that just yet; never know when you might need a weapon[/i:2tmtmqo8] he thought to himself as he noticed a few things within his cell: he saw a female drow outside his bowing her head as if in contemplation or praying, one of the to. All of sudden, Veraka got an urge to lash out and attempt to strangle the female, but he suppressed the feeling.
[i:2tmtmqo8]If this one is the commander of the unit that captured me and Aurora, best not to get on her nerves.[/i:2tmtmqo8] At once Veraka became very worried about Aurora; reaching out with his telepathy, he probed the immediate area for her presence.
[i:2tmtmqo8]Aurora[/i:2tmtmqo8] Several seconds passed by with no response.
[i:2tmtmqo8]Aurora, come on, where are you?[/i:2tmtmqo8] Veraka thought out with some urgency.
[i:2tmtmqo8]I'm. . fine; I feel . . sick. . nausea.[/i:2tmtmqo8] she said with some sluggishness to her thoughts.
Right then, the female lifted her head from whatever she was doing; Veraka's gaze locked with hers and his eyes narrowed, blazing with inner fury.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zarae, still unscene, waited for the right moment she threw the rock twords some boulders. the guards looked a moment, enough to open the door and get in. the room was rather nicely done, except to her taste. As everything in the city, it was full of spider motifs and paintings of drow history, from Lloth's point of view. She didnt mind spiders. She just hated the Lloth claimed them. well, all but one to her knowledge. Shade, her spider companion she could summon from the figure in the belt clasp, somehow followed a deity known as Lurue. Zarae didnt question it, but was thankful to whoever. She wondered if her mother knew, would she have given it to her?
She looked around, listening for voices. Her hearing and vision were very keen, more so due to Lloth's blessings/curses. She just hoped that no one was using true seeing at the moment.
--
After having secured the males weapons, Mayae heard the male's movement, and saw the hatred in his eye. She knew he would never understand. Her goddess sent word of the male and knew of no other way to rescue him and keep her cover. For Mayae was apart of the rebel group who had infiltrated many of the areas.
Her hands non-threatingly were in front of her. she placed fingers to finger, thumbs to thumbs in the shape of a full moon. It was a test to see if he was a spy for Lloth or not. the proven followers were given a symbol should they end up in such situations. She then thought for a second that maybe the male was an escaped slave, but he was too a well fed, and nicely armed. 'neighboring city? doubtful. treasure hunter?'
She waited for his response as the wolf groggily awoke from the sleeping posion.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka channeled his anger deep into himself, knowing he would need it for later. He forced himself to assume a calm demeanor. The female drow before him assumed a neutral stance and formed her hands into a circular pattern; the berserker in him, wanted to unleash its wrath upon her; but Veraka remembered his paladin and weapons master training and took several deep breaths, quelling the berserker within him. He then began to analyze the female's every movement from a tactical perspective, trying to look at the situation from every angle.
[i:2fcvwj0n]What is she trying to imply by that circular shape?[/i:2fcvwj0n] he wondered.
Veraka had a hunch who this might be, given the fact that she hadn't attacked or tortured him yet.
[i:2fcvwj0n]There's only on way to find out.[/i:2fcvwj0n]
[i:2fcvwj0n]She's an honest one.[/i:2fcvwj0n] Aurora suddenly put in.
[i:2fcvwj0n]How do you know?[/i:2fcvwj0n] Veraka retorted, still uncertain of what to make of the female.
[i:2fcvwj0n]She has a different smell about her. One that smells of spiders, but that is but the surface; there's something deeper behind the curtain, something that speaks of good and kindness.[/i:2fcvwj0n] Aurora telepathically told him.
[i:2fcvwj0n]Then let us find out who she is and what she's doing.[/i:2fcvwj0n]
"If ye circle speak true about you, then you should be able to answer my riddle with ease." Veraka said to the drow female.
"My riddle is this 'By day, I'm the hunters blade, stalking my prey with relentless fury. By night, I am an extension of step, music and movement, flowing with rhythmic grace. My [b:2fcvwj0n]crescent[/b:2fcvwj0n] attack smites foes with speed and power. Enemies beware of my wielder, for she smites those who sow the dark seed within the ground. My wielder is who?"
The females answer would determine what Veraka would do next.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((i hope i anwsered right...I wish I new an obsolete name for her...))

Because of so many lives depending on her, she had to answer very slyly. The 'rebels had invade many areas of the city, but that were still a small force compared to Lloth's influence. She needed a name few 'Llothites' or 'Vhauranites' would think of.
"Lady Silver Hair, of the Dance," she answered carefully.
--
Zarae heard sounds behind the door. She thought it odd no guards were present. Walking twords the door, she inspected for traps. When none were found, she put her ear near the door, careful not to touch it and listened.
two voices were heard. A male and female chatting. the tone in the male's voice was edgy. what surprised her was the lack of screams or cursing or even laughs of a sadistic nature. That made her even more curious, which always lead her into trouble.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka visibly relaxed. [i:162ofiki]Thank you, Elistraee; now I hope she can give some answers as to what in blazes is going on.[/i:162ofiki]
"Your heart speaks volumes of your character, for it takes one of great strength to resist darkness that is all around," Veraka said, realizing that he'd forgotten about the two children completely.
"Since I know you to be one of the wielder of the crescent blade, and sense my wolf companion can vouch for your character, I will ask this question but once. The two drow children, Xaeraen and Volas, where are they; and are they alright?" He asked, concern and worry emanating within both his eyes and voice.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Mayae jumped up. "Children, in the tunnels? I never knew. the other guards didnt mention it. I must see." She turns to go but then remembers Veraka. She opens his cage and hand him the key to the wolfs. "You are not my prisoner. but you cannot leave appearing like that. I for the sake of numerous lives wont risk it." She reached into her pouch and grabbed the last little vial of disguise and tossed it to him. "I suggust a slave look. that will hide weapons, armor and such unless you attack. Most of my men know each other and who came in."
She turned to exit the door. As it opened, a female drowling fell back. She true seeing spoting the hooded girl. Mayae also noticed some of the intricate scarlet tattoo upon her face, tho it was only visible due to her spell.
--
Zarae listened. surprised at what she heard. The captain was releasing the captive and some others were in the tunnel. When the footfalls came close to the door quickly, she attempted to step back, but Zarae knew she had been spotted when the door opened. Not knowing what was to happen she readied herself; but she was a noble and sometimes that came in handy. She pulled back her piwafwi hood and allowed her house insignia to be seen.
--
Mayae watched the girl as she pulled back the cowl. She had unusual hair, it was silver but full of red streaks. the spider's top four legs were four prominant stripes in her hair. Mayae's eyes fell to the house emblem on her piwafwi, recognizing her as Matron Shyntyl's youngest daughter. She locked eyes with the girl when movment behind her reminded her of the two out in the tunnel.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(I'm assuming the vial is of magical use)
Veraka deftly caught the vial.
"That is fine, however, I'm coming with you; those children are part of the reason I'm here," Veraka said as he opened the door to Aurora's cell.
[i:30kpckhl]Find someplace safe from outside the city and wait for me.[/i:30kpckhl] he telepathically told her.
Veraka stopped at the sight of a young female drow. His blood flared at he sight of the spider symbol on her symbol.
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

[i:2tcci0xk]Aurora, hurry. Look for those two younglings that we were trying to protect[/i:2tcci0xk] He said to her with urgency. She nodded and bolted out the door, past the Elistraee following drow, noting the very young drow female that was just outside the door.
[i:2tcci0xk]She looks noble born[/i:2tcci0xk] Aurora thought to herself as she disappeared into the darkness.
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((sorry it was a potion of disguise. the idea that if u walked out u'd be killed and then mayae discovered...now u can only see the tattoo with true seeing.))

Zarae's eyes widened when the surfacer appeared behind the the captain. then the large white beast disappeared. She backed up unsure what to think.

Mayae made no sudden movements. Responding to Veraka, "Should you be discovered, the is little I can do and you will put all us in danger." She then turned back to Zarae, "now, what is a drowling and daughter of the second house doing here?"

Zarae still confused by the scene and realizing she'd been caught, stood their quietly, and crossed her arms in front of her and inspecting the drows motives.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Putting the vial to his lips, he downed the contents quickly, assuming the form of an orc.
"Listen, whoever you are. there are still the children out there." He said to his former jailer; turning to the young drowling that had appeared just outside, he looked her over with a curious glance.
[i:9979tosu]She's young, very young. . . [/i:9979tosu] His demeanor visibly relaxed and softened as he realized that the drowling was barely a teenager, if even that.
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"you will need to play the role of a slave, I suggest u follow my lead. and be careful." She quickly exited the tower to head tword the tunnel. the her male guards coming to attention as she approached. Mayae ignored them and kept going, entering the tunnel. She pretened to order her 'slave' to search the battle sight. the guards went back to chattering, as the orc passed them. He looked and acted funny. but they dared not question the female.

Zarae stepped aside to allow them to pass. She pulled her piwafwi cowl back over her and followed the two. None of the guards saw her as she passed them and into the tunnel.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka wasted no time in starting his search for those two missing children. [i:3n2nnypa]I hope to the gods that the female knows what she's doing.[/i:3n2nnypa]
Veraka opened up his mind to find Aurora. I didn't take him long, though she was several hundred yards into the cavern of the battle. As Veraka came within to view of his wolf companion, who was being used as pillow by the younglings, though she didn't seem to mind, he heard a very familiar and unwelcome voice speak his name.
"Veraka Orden, we meet again."
"Dacuda, what in the Nine Hells are you doing here?" Veraka seethed, though he didn't dare yet attack the vampire, as that would reveal his disguise.
"Oh, there is but a simple reason for my presence here. Amusement, that you which you have provided admirably. Though I think my time here is about at a close. Before I leave however, I must part you with at least one gift." As the undead said this, birdmen came into view; Veraka sensed something very wrong here. Gazing upon the dire corbies, he realized the truth; these were the birdmen that he and Aurora had fought against earlier.
"Ask yourself this my young assimar; would you really want to sacrifice yourself for a couple of whelps like them?" and with that, the vampire vanished. As the vamp ninja-poofed, the undead birdmen lashed out at Veraka.
[i:3n2nnypa]I would sacrifice myself for any mortal child.[/i:3n2nnypa] Veraka finished the thought as he was forced to make a decision. Either attack and reveal his presence to drow, or don't and let the children die.
"So be it." he growled as he brought his sword up in front of his face, both hands gripping it. Calling upon his anger and his spirits, Veraka's eyes glowed silver as he chanted the spell for greater turn undead. His sword glowed and with his arms coming out before him, he cast greater turn undead, effectively killing 80% of the dire corbies in one move; the rest were a cake walk. However his situation was compromised, as his spell had lit up surrounding area for a good 50 feet, which was easily detectable by any drow. He quickly formulated a plan for his dire situation.
[i:3n2nnypa]The children are why I'm here; if anyone's going to die this day, it'll be me.[/i:3n2nnypa] he thought as he got an idea, "just hope that our rescuer is a good spell caster, or this is going to the Nine Hells."
Veraka pulled his Black Lion amulet close to his chest plate, and using his telepathic abilities, he 'copied' his plan over into his totem amulet. Snapping off his sacred amulet, he gave it to Aurora, saying "you know who to give it to." The wolf grabbed the amulet in her maw, and bolted into the darkness, going to find the female drow commander.
"You two, come over here, now." gesturing with his hand; the drowlings came over. Kneeling down, he wrapped his shield arm around them. He then cast a very hard combination spell that he'd learned years ago; Etheralness plus greater invisibility. This spell rendered him and whomever was physically touching him to become completely invisible to both infravision and true seeing. However this did not come without a cost. Not only could he not move, because the spell was powered by his divine blood rather than by magic, it gave off a huge aura of positive energy.
[i:3n2nnypa]Fortunately, only a very practiced spell caster can detect this and know it's meaning; common drow soldiers, I think not, and if they can, I hope that Aurora gets to her in time.[/i:3n2nnypa]
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(whats the birdmen's name or is that the corbies. i dont recognize them, but i aint read a monster manuel really. i should look um up for the RP...))

Mayae wished she had been a spell caster. She should have been trained as a cleric, but she was from the Exzart, the slums, and had no training as a priestess. She hid her worry well. quick thinking, she cast darkness to hide vision into the tunnel. she saw the wolf and children and then saw another(?) speak (im assuming common or what ever vamps speak). She cursed silently she didnt know the language. she saw the male attack the other then hand the wolf an item. She prayed to Eilistraee, unsure what else to do. If she was caught, she prayed she had the strength to not cave or reveal anything [i:1kwxwucc]when [/i:1kwxwucc]tortured.
the wolf bounded down the tunnel to her. the took the amulet and looked at it, then Aurora confused.
--
From the shadows Zarae stealthly crept. She had been inside as Mayae cast the darkness. She saw the scene and the fight. She cast shield from her house emblem around her. When the wolf reached and gave the trinket, [i:1kwxwucc]something [/i:1kwxwucc]told her to cast comprehend language on the female.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

(I'm assuming that by this time, Zarae has cast comprehend languages.)

Aurora had reached the female as Veraka had intended, but the confused that came across the females face told her that the drow wasn't the spell-caster that Veraka had hoped she to be.
[i:ycmhssj6]Can you understand me, I need you to pull out the plans that my friend, and your fellow Elistraeen, put into that amulet. [/i:ycmhssj6] Aurora said within her mind, projecting her thoughts outward.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix