Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka got a glance of the hooded female; "wait a minute, if she's a wealthy, matron, why take an interest in the likes of us? What do we honestly have that they could want?" he asked Zar, unsure what to think, "but, if it's a fight they want, then I'll be more than happy to oblige their request."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"she's a matron for the Lady of Chaos. not much else to it. plus playtoys are getting harder to come by."
Zar finished her drink. "at least they will wait till a alley or more secluded spot."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Well, I'm not one for blowing cover until the absolutely necessary, but. . ." he paused, "if it's a fight they want, then leave that to me."
Veraka said as he sipped the last of drink, letting himself enjoy that last moments of relative comfort.
"Ok, so if we're in a decently populated area, then we've at least can keep them at bay. Any ideas on how we can make it back without having me go rampaging on their sorry asses?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"Repay violence with swift violence, so that the fewest may be hurt and danger fast removed from the land." she quoted.
then she thought, "maybe a back door. you dont use slealth do you?" looking thru her pack, "I may have an invisibility potion... unless you have a trick up your sleeve..."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka grinned wickedly at Zarstra quote; "now that's what I'm talkin about."

"Stealth was never a major part of my training," he said, pausing for a moment, "but, my instructors made it one of their top priorities to teach me the two E's; Escape and Evade. As for an invisibility potion, I believe that would work out well. However," he grinned, producing two small vials of shimmering dark liquid, "an accomplished fighter always comes with an trick up their sleeve."
"Take one," he subtlety extended a vile over to Zar; he then whispered to her, "these are highly concentrated smoke bombs. Not even drow infravision can pierce it, and it's non-magical, so it cannot be dispelled. The only thing is both of us have to be within physical reach of each other; once broken, this stuff can spread over five city blocks in under thirty seconds, so I hope you have a couple of tricks up your sleeve as well, or these will prove quite interesting to use."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she took the vial and examined it. a slight smile, then she reminded hersef of important matters.
"afight, lets do it."
she followed his lead, slipping quietly thru the tavern...
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka walked through the tavern, quite aware of the fact that both he and Zar were getting a lot more attention than when they first came in.
"The sooner we get outta here, the better off we'll be," he whispered to Zarstra, who was right behind him.
The two of them made it out; Veraka immediately took a left, not venturing into the shadows, but keeping the path that he took definitely within the light;
He became aware of four or five figures trailing the two of them; "on my mark, grab hold of me and hang on; whatever you do, do not let go."
Veraka waited for about two seconds, then yelled "NOW!" simultaneously throwing down his smoke vial.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zar did as Veraka, and threw it. the tube broke and the chemical reaction (?) occured releasing the smoke screen for them.
She open a demensional door and pulled the big man thru, as much as she could really pull him.
they appeared at the gate to the house.
the followers caughed and then looked confused as the two vanished from sight, cursing loudly.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka saw the smokescreen start to fill area and was about to start off in a sprint, when Zarstra apparently tugged him in another direction; he felt a tingling sensation run across his skin; then, out of nowhere, he was at the front-gates of the house.
"What? How. . .you. . what?" he stumbled; finally realizing that Zarstra had created a portal, of sorts, he regained his composure. "What I would give to have you around in some of the battles I've fought in," Veraka said, grinning.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"perks of being a priestess!" she laughed. "I supose we should head in, want to appear in any room?" she hadnt had much fun in a while with her mother having her train in taking over the house one day.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"Let's just head in, and give your mother a briefing of our little venture; in any case, there's a particular student that I need to see."
Veraka indicated the armor, weapon and amulet that he'd purchased at Bruh's shop.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Zar walked to the door and waved her insignia. the guards nodded and smiled to them.
they headed twords her mother's study, the place she usually was this time.
"thats odd. she must be in the complex then." seeing the room empty. after opening the door.
she walked twords the 'door' and did the usual and entered.
many of the sudents were leaving lunch for an hour break.
"She might be in the tatics room discussing plans for them during the house's battle."
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka followed Zarstra into the house, and, then knowing where Erelae might be, to the complex. Seeing the students leave, he caught sight of his trainee leaving to do whatever he might be doing, and shouted out to him.
"Zar, just a sec; I need to talk to this lad over here."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she nodded the go ahead and watched how he interacted with the drowling. she also watched the interaction of the two newest students and how well they were making friends.
"Eva," she called as the halfling exited, "is mother in..."
"yeah. they wanna be prepared for tomarrow, assuming they attack as thought. where have you been anyways?"
"the Bazaar. meet up with Bruh, which, by the way, here's the stuff for the lab." Zar passed her the bag. "then lunch. it allowed Veraka to see out city."
"all right. but you should be more careful. Because I know you."
she replied when Zar gave her that look.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((not sure on if the student is still with you or what?))

Veraka made his way over to his 'pupil' and gave a very surprised drow the armor, amulet and the weapon that he had bought from Bruh.
"Meet me in the gym later on and I'll teach you how to use that," he said, pointing to the dagger that he'd given the young one. He then made his way back to Zarstra, only to have to stop and say 'hi' to both Xaeraen and Volas. Both of them were getting along with everyone around them and apparently had made some new friends among the houses younglings.

"Well, I don't know about you, but the sooner that we find your mother, the better I'll feel about everything that just happened," he said to Zar as he walked back over.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix