Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

((just standing in the hall as they leave as pass by.))

"I'm really glad the way you're helping Zhay out. He needed it. and the change in him is wonderful. but yes, lets head their."
they traveled down the corrider to the large room. in the back was a portal. five others, including 3 drow, 1 moon elf, and a half elf stood their talking, discussing.
Erelae turned to greet Zar and Veraka.
"ah, glad you could join us. things are well on your end?"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"He came up to me and asked if I could teach him my way of fighting as his build nearly mirrors my own, so I figure it's the least I could do; anyways I'm glad to hear that he's actually enjoying it
Veraka followed Zar down the corridor and into the back cavern. Erelae greeted both of them; Veraka responded to her query, "if by 'things are well on our end' you mean that both Zar and myself were nearly ambushed by a good handful of rogues, then yes I believe everything is good on our end."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she looked at him, "oh? is that all. lucky day then." she chuckled.
"Zar, we have us six, maybe seven, standing around Kilanatlar when the battle comes. I have two scouts out to send word of movement of troops from the first house."
--
the soliders of both houses were edgy, ready for battle.

"so we send the third matron's out first. they will get a false security. then my army will march out and obliverate them. the final blow when I stick this dagger into Matron Shyntyl's heart and steal her prophesied daughter. 'new order'," she spit, "how fickle our goddess really is!"
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka nodded to Erelae, "where is my position exactly in all this? I'll not stand around and wait, if that's what you're expecting Erelae. I'm an action-driven man, one who fights for a reason higher than any material gain on this plane."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

the older priestess smiled, "thats why I included 7."
she motioned for him to the table.
"here is a rough sketch of the city. this is House Kilanatlar in the house loft. Mae'Vir will likley take this path, strategically speaking. i will have people posted here, here... and you can be here,"indicating the spots around the house.
"Zar, I need you here. and I will be here."
"hmmm, why will you be here?"
"ah, I have been blessed with the knowledge of the houses last line of defense. an escape tunnel. someone will likely take it."
looking to Veraka, "does this agree with you?" Lady Erelae asked.

((if it was a movie, this scene would look better.))
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka came up to the table at Erelae's gesture, and examined the battlefield plan. He liked the sound of it, everyone of the spots had clean get away routes if something went south; he did notice that his spot was more toward the left(?).
"Erelae, I'm not sure where this spot exactly is, but it looks almost, outta the way," he said, pointing toward his position.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

she looked at him, "less 'enemies, more likley one will take. and I cant put you in danger by having in the open and mistaken for one of them."
"plus if your vampire 'friend' is there..." Zar added.

--
"how much longer?" one solider asked. a slap across the face reminded him of his position.
--
(when, as the attack begins)
Nilree was in the gym taking a break from his training. as he sat their a messge whispered in his ears. he looked around for the source, but all he saw was a shadow form leave.
it was a message of iniment danger, a message from the Masked Lord himself.
he went looking for Zarae.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka clinched his fist, replying "if neccesary I'll take on my regular appearance, that'll complicate things for anyone on the battlefield, and remember Erelae, I'm a juggernaut among surfacers, so even five warriors taking me on will be in for a fiasco."

Turning to Zar, "while it would make sense to send a hunter/killer like Dacuda through a position like this," he pointed towards his position on the 'map', "wouldn't matron Mae'Vir want to capture whatever daughter's she can get her hands on; if I know Dacuda and his way of combat, Mae'Vir would most likely send him after the younglings and priestesses of the family to capture them alive, then kill the commanders of the houses forces, and from then on eliminate anyone who gets in his way.

Dacuda could not help but grin, his fangs becoming very apparent.
"An ideal strategy, Matron Mae'Vir; the part in question that I am curious to is when is your wizard and I to enter this little 'elimination' ceremony?"
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

(mmmmm, reseese cereal! yum)

Erelae looked at him, realizing he probably wasnt too happy about it. "you can, if you so desire. but being, celestial, could invite onlookers after you. I believe you can handle yourself well, among those who fight with honor and some semblance of a code. And that is what we worry about from many who come from simular backgrounds." then pointing, "this spot is is more open and closer to another house, if you prefer."
Zar thought for a minute, "I wish I knew her plans. many dont leave survivors or they will recieve drow 'justice'. but the first house has always played loose with such 'rules'. if this Dracuda is involved, and I believe you, would he be able to stand against priestesses of Lloth? Matron Kilanatlar is powerful, even if out of Lloth's favor. I suspect Matron Mae'Vir is dealing with her. and then her daughters, one red sister, one high priestess, the last two, three if you include the youngest child, I know nothing of. but kilanatlar has been known to dable members in many fields of study fro such a situation. thats why I cant figure why Mae'vir thinks she can take down the house."
--
Matron Mae'Vir smiles and looks to her guest. "soon, very soon." she coos. when the firmament stone reads the time to close shop, we strike. (2-3 hrs game time)
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((Lol, I have to say Starburst Jellybeans are good right now))

"Thank you, Erelae; and remember it's my job to invite onlookers and keep their eyes on me and off of the ones who don't need to be seen," he said, implying the other six who'd be out there with him.

Turning to Zarstra, he said in all seriousness, "Dacuda is an elite among the undead, and an undead who feast among the living; his power's rival my own, and he has, rarely, but has taken down myself even with my berserker out and at full-strength. So to answer your question Zar, yes, he'd probably be more than a match for Kilanathar's daughter's, unless I get in there, and do what I do best. As much as I hate to say this, I would rather keep Kilanathar's daughter's, even a Red Sister, alive and OUT of his grasp; what I'm most concerned about is the younglings in there," he said, ramming an armored fist into his opposing open palm.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

((hmmm jelly bellies...love the coffee flavored ones.))

they could understand his frustration. there just was no way to get him in there, or any of them for that matter. in something's they were not powerful enough.
"may the Lady watch over them." Erelae bowed her head.
a knock from the door and Eva entered. "just me. it almost time for the Evening Song."
"ah yes, thank you. you manage to keep me in check with duties. let us sing and pray. Veraka, your welcom to come, join us in the Cavern of Song."
the others began making thier way to the large room and joined the gathered.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

((coffee, never tried em))
Veraka looked at Erelae, and then nodded; "I would be honored, though, perhaps my song will be of a different tune."
Turning to Zar, "is that strong lad, Zhay, gonna be attending; I would assume that he will be; if I could just tell him to bring those little gifts of mine with him, I'll teach him a few new things tonight, might relieve some steam."
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

"all songs are welcome."
"all but the sick usually attend. so he should be," Zar replied as they walked to the cavern.

they entered, as the ladies began. then the males started, (harmonizing?) as the song changed tempo(?), some began to dance their songs. the room seam to fade darker and the white faerie fire grew brighter. the song cared thru the complex.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka followed Erelae and Zarstra to the Cavern of Song. He was struck by the soothing voices of many females singing in unison. Then the guys joined in, as did Veraka himself, his deep voice carrying throughout and bolstering the men and young adolescents of the song.
For once he felt his soul at ease, as if the entire world didn't matter. He then felt a deep power in him; [i:1u2jchlq]No, not no. Why now of all times?[/i:1u2jchlq] Veraka thought to himself, as he thought the berserker had awakened. He realized that he was wrong.
Arcs of white lighting coursed their way all around his body; he became something more radiant, his celestial bloodline revealing itself on a rare occasion. Lighting danced all around his body, giving off a light of it's own.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

only a few who werent caught up in the dance and song noticed the aasimir's 'change'.
the song neared it's end and the voiceses grew louder and more in unison to end together on one note.
a peace was felt as much a warmth could be and the cavern began to grew a bit more brighter.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~