Ascent from Darkness

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

Post by Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar »

"do you need help up?" one asked as he stood up.
Zar nodded. "maybe you should rest. it's been a hard day, for everyone."
she sent a message to her mother that he was safe and such.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka's body answered the posed question for him, when he toppled forward, slamming into the ground hard.
"I think that I could," he said back; the drow wrapped his arm around their shoulder and helped him off the ground, though he carried most of his weight.
"Zarstra, for once, I'm going to listen to that piece of advice."
In War, Justice; In Peace, Hope; In Death: Sacrifice
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

they helped him to a his room. and then the group diffused. Zar made sure he was ok before heading to see the others from the destroyed house.

Zarae for the first time fell into a human like sleep. and for the first time dreamt. the nightmare felt so real. she relived the horror of the destruction. she saw the house falling down around her. the blade sliding into her mother. the screams of cries.
Erelae walked by the room to hear screaming and crying out. she opened the door to see Zarae's state. rushing to wake her up, she shook the girl. but she didnt stir.
suddenly it was quiet again. and Zarae didnt move.
she left the girl to find Zar.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

Veraka bid a thank you to the drow for their assistance, then laid down. He laid there for hours, thinking of how the battle had gone, what had happened, how his rage had come under his complete command; how he had taken on Dacuda and could have killed him, only to come up against a handmaiden of the spider queen bitch.

"It's been a long day," he said letting a tear slide down his cheek.
"Veraka. . .?" "Veraka, are you ok?" came two very familiar voices, followed by an almost wanted intrusion in his mind; [i:1geo58yp]you look worse for wear.[/i:1geo58yp]

"No, Xaeraen, Volas, I'm not ok, far from it actually," he said in a weak voice."
[i:1geo58yp]The berserker really did a number on you,[/i:1geo58yp] Aurora thought to him, gazing at him with those deep ice-blue eyes.
"Yeah, Aurora, it did; that and how much just went on out there."

"What happened to you? You're covered in red-blood," Volas put in.
"I was nearly killed today," he said blatantly.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix
Zarae Zyne Kilanatlar
Lord||Lady

many headed to bed, some to new beds. it was a new time for many of slaves rescued. some would stay and some would go to find long lost family. but all would be changed someway.
the 'night' passed, slowly for some.

lady Erelae didnt rest. she was busy with preperation for those wanting to move on and other matters.
Zar rose early. walking the halls and checking in on the newest folks.

Zarae finally awoke from the nightmare with a jerk. she sat up on the bed. there was no noise outside in the corriders so it couldnt been to late.
She opened the door to see a beautiful drowess walk by a bit in a hurry. Zarae looked around and syepped into the hall of the house.
it was unlike her own destroyed. this was decerated, but not of spiders everywhere.
she made her way thru the house.
signature made by Larlan
~Character~
veraka
Demigod

Post by veraka »

"No, not you; you're invincible Veraka. You're the one who saved us from the monsters in the caves," Volas cut in, putting his hands on Veraka's knee plate.

"I wish that were the case, Volas; but I'm not indestructible."

"Yes you ARE!" the youngling slammed his little hands, which were balled into small fists, onto the storm warrior's chest plate.
Veraka chuckled at the young ones attempts to see him as an invincible tank, a true warrior who couldn't be taken down.
"Come; how about you two ride on my shoulders and I'll tell you why I'm not invincible." Both Xaeraen and Volas bounced up and down at the thought.
"Come on, you two; up ya get," he said as he grabbed both of them and they climbed onto his shoulder pauldrons, and then began to wonder the halls of the house, explaining how he fought the vampire, Dacuda, and then the yochlol.
Aurora paced him from behind.
Characters:

Veraka

Onix