The dance hall

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: I know this is kind of hard to read but I'll try to break it up at some point.

IC: "I was born in a small hamlet in Amn, not too far from the Cloudpeak Mountains. Well like every other Tom, Dick and Harry I thought that I could pick up a sword and go off for adventures and become a mighty hero. Pah, I took one step outside my hamlet with my friends and we were nearly butchered by gibberlings. I lost two of my four friends in that fight. After that we headed straight for the border. We couldn't show our faces in our Hamlet after that so we decided to head for Baldur's Gate where we thought we'd be alright. On the way I lost another friend, me and my remaining friend got to Baldur's Gate half starved and we could only just afford the entry fee. We got there, settled down, got jobs and shared a dingy little house. Then one night we were at a friends stag night in the Undercellar, let's just say that the wench wasn't quite who I thought she was. It turns out my new "Mistress" had been combing the Undercellar every night for strong men to add to her brood. For years I served her, and I actually became what I'd always wanted to be. Powerful, wealthy and and experienced fighter. During that time, we came upona small group of your kin. A famliy of five I think it was. The events of that night are hazy at best. I was the first of our clan to drink from one of them and it sent me WILD. By the time I had come to my senses my Mistress was dead and the clan scattered. This meant I was free. I took the child of the family who had been hidden in a cart and raised it. Not out of any kindness of my own, but I drained it of blood every night before healing it with potions I had procurred. Eventually I had imbibed so much of its blood that I over-drained it one nigth and it died, the little mite was only about seven when he died." A tear wells up in the vampires eye and rolls down his cheek. "I never found out it's name. It was cattle, you don't ask cattle their names. I was determined to get more of you kins heady blood so I journeyed the length and breadth of Faerun searching, finding very little in the way of information and even less in the way of members of your kin, all the time I was tormented by the lack of your blood havign to feed off mere humans and elves. So ardent was I in my search I didn't even stop to pick up the spawn who I created from my feastings I just left them to their own activities. I eventually found out about a small village where several families resided. I killed all the men and women and drained them dry. The children I took and cut off their wings so they could not escape. I farmed them, breeding bigger and stronger specimens who's blood was all the sweeter with each generation. It wasn't even just the blood. My, condition gave me a lust for power and I, enjoyed holding power over my cattle." Another tear rolls down his cheek. "For several decades or so this continued. Eventually a great man of holy poweer came to my holdings. I did battle with him for several days, my mercenary army against his army of peasant footmen and knights of the Order of the Radiant Heart. It was a bitter battle, I had a brood of my own by that time who I sent into his ranks every night to add to my numbers. Eventually there was no one left on either side, my mercenaries had fled and my brood had all been destroyed. I fought the man for days on end, neither of us tiring or relenting. Eventually I bested him and threw him from the top of my tower on the night of the full moon. I descended on his barely living corpse and pulled off his helmet, only to find it was the last friend of my adventures when I was young fool heading out from home. After I had left he had searched far and wide before settling in Athkatla and becoming a warrior of Torm in the Order of the Radiant Heart. He had prospered and become a mighty man and been granted powers by his God like no other. Suddenly with his passing and my drinking of his blood I found I was transformed, the guilt of my deeds for the last several decades came upon me in a single moment. I was almost destroyed by it, I almost wish I was. For several days I sat in the shadow of my tower, curled up into a ball and rocking from side to side. Eventually a small child of your kind, one who had not yet been feasted upon or had her wings cut off, managed to wriggle out of her cage to find food for her family. She found me, and knowing no better, she helped me. Her family was horrified when she toddled back into the room with me holding her hand and and carrying a large axe, presuming I had caught her and now their whole family would feel my bite. I smashed the locks on all my cages and released my cattle. Many were puzzled but more were angry. I just stood there and took it as I was beaten upon by the mensfolk of a generation. When they were done I armed them from the corpses of my fallen warriors and fed them from my mercenaries' stores. Giving them nearly all the riches I possessed I set them free with directions to the nearest town. I set on their freedom but two conditions, warn their kindred whatever they were and wherever they resided to be on their guard for my kin for there would be others like me. And always to remember my friend who's death set them free, and who's name I cannot even remember." The tears are now running freely down his cheeks as he finishes his story. "I fled to Athkatla where I knew I could get what I needed. I used up the rest of my wealth that I had not given to my cattle to buy a ring. A very special ring, into it went the blessings of several priests of various gods once they found out its function. A Ring of Sustenance that is keyed to me and will work for no other, it prevents me having to feed on anything, but the craving is still there, and it grows stronger and stronger with each passing day. Eventually I will no longer be able to keep my oath and will find a place to die, but not yet. First I must atone for every deed I have done in my "life." I took my friend's body back to the Order after I had fashioned my ring. How surprised they were to find a vampire they had sworn to destroy, carrying back the body of their beloved general for interment. I presided overthefuneral myself, carried out at high noon the experience was agonizing but the leftover power of your kind's blood allowed me to survive." He chokes on his words suddenly. "I'm sorry, I can speak no more of this." The tears have started making a small pool on the floor and his eyes have gone red with their passage. He looks at Lillith, bleary eyed. "Was it as you expected?"
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She sits quietly for a moment, you can see the rage that wells in her eyes as you speak of the monstrosities you have committed upon her kin.But the rage stills and she looks at you calmly and says,
" Yes , your story troubles me, but still I shall tell you of my own, but first, I will tell you this....
(ooc..you can use this or dump it however you like, but I thought it might play in well with the island)
ic....
There are others like me, called Nymaru they are, with white skin instead of black .Celestial creatures they are with great magicks and the purity of heart that many of my kind lack. These people ,upon reaching their majority, take on the traits of their bloodlines, one of which is vampire.Many of the ones who take on this bloodline are destroyed, but a few, a rare few, have some type of magic placed upon themselves that holds their bloodlust at bay. They embibe blood, but only rarely, for they only drink of the blood of animals and then only once or twice a month, a mere goblet full.But they retain the powers of their form without the dreadful consequences.So long as they have their occasional goblet of animal blood, they do not surrender to the bloodlust, and they may walk in the sun, although like the drow it bothers their eyes. I tell you this , for , perhaps, they may aid you."
She stretches her back, her wings spread out , almost knocking into one of the serving people.
"Sorry about that,"
She whispers,
"Now , shall I tell you my own tale?"
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The vampire nods silently. Wiping away the tears that came with his story. "I doubt they could help me, and I wouldn;t wish for help even if I could get it. I am beyond redemption."
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She smiles and places one ebon hand upon his shoulder,
"There is an expression amongst the nymaru and above ground elithyri,
everyone is worthy and capable of redemption.Listen then to my tale, and ask yourself, if I was chosen worthy, then why should you not be?"
She leans back into her seat and sighs, pressing the tips of her claws into her forehead, between the horns, as if she has a headache , or the memories are just too painful to bear.
"I was born below ground, in the deepest depths of the Underdark.My parents were both illithyri, but I was not given time to know them, for when I was still a babe in swaddling clothes my home was attacked by drow.
They killed my family, and took me , more for the sake that I was female and might be of some use.I spent my early years as a slave, until I was taken in by a priestess of Lolth.She saw that I was gifted and capable and so, in great secrecy , trained me in the faith of Lolth.Under her tutelage I gained the powers of a priestess of the Dark Lady, and was blessed with many gifts that lingered with me even when the Lady seemed to have deserted us.When I grew powerful enough, I tricked the priestess into signing papers that not only freed me but gave me everything she owned in the event of her death.Then, I killed her, making it look as if anything slave had taken her life.You can only imagine what they did to him.
With her wealth, I started a business.Taking in the roughest and most ill kempt of slaves I trained them and made them suitable . I specialized in taking the most beautiful ones and turning them into pleasure slaves. But that wasnt were I gained my highest profit.I gained most of my coin in sending trained slaves into homes to do the bidding of the other houses.
My slaves , even the ones I sold would gladly die for me. The reason i did so well was my own particular brand of torture. [i:1cpvnq3a]Jabbress d'Ssinssrigg[/i:1cpvnq3a]
they called me, and for good reason.I used my beauty to draw in my male slaves, and potions to hook them in deeper.I made them want and desire me so badly they could not sleep for the wanting of me. I would chain them to the wall and force them to watch as I dressed and bathed. After a while, these men would do anything just to look upon me. But I never gave anyof them what they desired.Truth be told, I never gave of myself to anyone. The greatest secret of the [i:1cpvnq3a]Jabbress d'Ssinssrigg[/i:1cpvnq3a]
is that she was in fact, a virgin, and perhaps that was what tormented my slaves so badly.Anyone who had the strength to resist my charms fell victim to my tail venom , many pronged whip, and extensive knowledge of poisons.
Business seemed so good for me , and I thought things would never change, but something did.One of my slaves, one who had been with me for the longest time and was the most trusted, on e who did a vast amount of my dirty work, betrayed me.
Knowing I am immune to most poisons, instead he choose to sneak up upon me and knock me out with a well aimed blow.
When I woke up I was in the back of a wagon, tied and bound with a wicked collar about my throat that prevented me from calling upon my powers as a priestess. The wicked day star hung over head as well and I was blinded.But I heard, oh, yes, I heard.
I heard as I was sold as a slave to a foul smelling pimp.
He discovered me not so accomadating, for as I told you, we are not so dissimiliar. We have no lust for blood, but can drink it.Any of the fools who 'patroned ' me, found they had to be ever vigilant or feel the wrath of my fangs upon their throat.Many died as a result of this, but instead of discouraging them, it sent in more.Men who liked to beat me and overpower me. I was half dead when a follower of Eilistraee found me in that horrible place and freed me.
They healed me, tended my wounds and taught me of another way.When they removed the collar from my throat, my first act was to call upon my former Goddess and vow to worship her no more. My respect for the Spider b&*%$ was as gone as my maidenhood.
Despite all I had done the followers of Eilistraee did not believe I was unworthy of redemption, and on one moonlit night, I cast off the trappings of a Lolthian forever and took up the worship of Eilistraee."
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"You have indeed had bad experiences lady. But I am beyond redemption as I have more a kin with yourcaptors than you. With each passing day it becomes harder to resist the urge, I had tried to get myself resurrected. But I have imbibed so much and so freely of your race that I am immune those holy magics. The only thing I crave now is death once I have atoned for my sins that I have notalready atoned for." The vampire seems adamant at this.
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She looks at you with her vivid lavender eyes and takes your hand and squeezes it gently.
"'Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Good men, the last wave by,crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have dance in a green bay,
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, to late, they grieved it on its way,
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.'"
She stops speaking and looks at you again, tears in her eyes she says,
"Would your truly surrender? At least go to the isle and see if they can help you?"
ooc...name that poet...
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

OOC: Dylan Thomas :D I like that one.

IC: The vampire seems unmoved by Lillith's poetic outburst. "It would take divine intervention, and I'm not exactly on first name terms with many deities." He says sarcasticly.
Titles:

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

ooc...very good....

Lilith looks deeply into his eyes,
"Well, I do know someone who is on first name terms with the Gods.It kills my soul, yes, my soul, that thing that has only come upon me recently, to see someone just give up. Go to the island, and see what they can do for you, or surrender any chance you might have had to truly live again. The choice is yours."
She leans over, very unexpectedly and gives you a chaste kiss on the mouth, before standing up and heading towards one of her guards.
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The vampire sits there stunned for a few minutes. Then wanders out of the hall without a word, contemplating on what he has heard.
Titles:

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkblue:10dpzrmw]Sipping his wine, he watches the young couple of Rift and Tianna, smiling as he sips his wine, listening to all going on about him. At one point during the story telling of Lillith and the vampire, his face saddens, for he happens to remember her tale as it was told by the man that had sold her, and how he nearly paid with his life to redeem himself and free her. Shaking his head, he continues his listening, still awaitng an answer from the human female.

Tianna bows politley to Rift, a slow smile creeping up her face, a deep rich chuckle escaping her throat.[i:10dpzrmw][b:10dpzrmw]Aye, and maybe next time I won't embarass the both of us either.[/b:10dpzrmw][/i:10dpzrmw] As she turns to go back to her post, she notes that the woman she was serving is gone. Looking around to see if she may still be about and not seeing her, a small sigh escapes her lips, more of saddness than relief.[/color:10dpzrmw]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Illiam
Maid
Maid

Post by Illiam »

((OOC My deepest apologise to all i had a few thigns i needed to deal with hence not posting. Give me a few posts and i'll jump back in as soon as i get my bearings))
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Rift shifts the sword at his belt as he once more takes his seat, his grey eyes sweeping over the slowly emptying hall. He returns his attention to the table and the people still there. He calmly watches, remaining silent for the time being.
Lianaila of the Wood
Maid
Maid

Post by Lianaila of the Wood »

[color=skyblue:34yhacfe][i:34yhacfe][font=gothic medium:34yhacfe]A cone of fine silvery mist swirls into the shape of a woman sitting at one of the tables. She straightens a wreath of oak leaves that encircles her temples and smoothes out her thin fine linen robe of brilliant turquoise over her legs. The woodnymph then removes a harp from her shoulder and sets it on the table as she smiles, looking around the room. She makes eye contact with one of the servers. Her voice is as soft as the rustle of leaves in the autumn breeze.

[b:34yhacfe]"I'll have a glass of your finest Elverquisst, please."[/b:34yhacfe]

As Lianaila speaks little strands of dark green vines weave through spring green leaves creating the fabric of her dress. Thin dark green vines with tiny flowering buds entertwine in her brassy golden hair. The flowers slowly open and turn to face the light in the room. The woodnymph places a silver on the table top with a modest smile. She thoughtfully and meticulously begins to examine the condition of the strings and of the harp while waiting patiently to be accomodated.[/font:34yhacfe][/size:34yhacfe][/i:34yhacfe][/color:34yhacfe]
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkblue:2nrrdvil]Taking note of the mist forming near a table, Darius smiles to himself and watches as the woman appears from it. Reaching out, he takes hold of the full bottle of fey wine set at his table, then seemingly disappears from sight, as do a glass in his free hand, and the bottle wine. He calmly walks over to her table, and begins to speak to her, his voice seeming disembodied as there's no one there for her to see. [i:2nrrdvil][b:2nrrdvil]You ask for Elverquisst, but all I have to offer os Fey wine.[/b:2nrrdvil][/i:2nrrdvil] At the end of his words, the wine seems to pour from nowhere into nothing, but it does not hit the floor at all.

Finished with his little trick, the ranger lets himself be seen again. A smile lights his face and his deep blue eyes as he sets the glass on the table for her. [i:2nrrdvil][b:2nrrdvil]Sorry about that m'lady, but I wanted a little fun myself.[/b:2nrrdvil][/i:2nrrdvil] He then bows to her,[i:2nrrdvil][b:2nrrdvil] Darius Moonstone at your service m'lady. Master of this hall, and generaly a good host.[/b:2nrrdvil][/i:2nrrdvil] As he raises grom his bow, his eyes ettle on her, hoping he hadn't startled her too much with his little show.

Off in the corner, some of the servants are wearing smiles, having seen their employer do this a few times before. One however is not smiling, Tiana remembers just how scary that can be, since he'd done it to her the day he caught her stealing from him and a group of his friends.[/color:2nrrdvil]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Lianaila of the Wood
Maid
Maid

Post by Lianaila of the Wood »

[color=skyblue:1bfvzhr8][i:1bfvzhr8][font=gothic medium:1bfvzhr8]The fey raises her hands to her face, hiding a smile as her hazel eyes peek through her fingers. Once the trick has expired she is quite relieved that the wine is not spilled. She smiles, her face reflecting the innocense of a child.

[b:1bfvzhr8]"It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Lianaila, the humble druidic bard woodnymph."[/b:1bfvzhr8]

She giggles a little and strums a brief fanfare on her harp.[/font:1bfvzhr8][/size:1bfvzhr8][/i:1bfvzhr8][/color:1bfvzhr8]