The dance hall

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Well then ,"Lilith smiles,
"First I shall ask you what you may deem to be an odd question.Have you ever been trained in the use of any weapons?I ask you this, for if you have recieved martial training , than by all means, you already know how to dance, for when one fights one uses a combination of steps and fluid movement, to parry , to thrust ones blade and simply to dodge from ones opponent.To dance is little different...Just as when one studies swordplay you must combine your movements with that of another, only in music, you have something to assist you.The rhythym and beat of the music help guide your steps."
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

The young nobleman laughs gruffly at the orc's comment, yet resists the urge to speak how easy he could dispose of five orcs if he wished it. Without any further words he contents himself to watching everyone calmly, yet as his eyes fall on the orc woman's server a half-hidden amused expresion comes to his face.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkblue:1il7qu9m]Darius smiles all about him, seeing the dancing and the jesting going on all over the place, except with the lycan femal and the server of the orcan woman. Finally he looks directly at the young nobleman and asks a question, one that may be private and one that may just go over quite nicely. [i:1il7qu9m][b:1il7qu9m]Where do you hail from young lord. that's if I'm not being to bold in asking?[/b:1il7qu9m][/i:1il7qu9m] He then sits back in a relaxed posture and sips his wine as he awaits the anwer.

On the other hand, the orcs server finally calms herself enough to look at the woman she serves without wanting to inflict death with a look. As she does so, she notes the young noble looking at her and returns the look with a mischievious twinkle about her eyes and a smirk hovering just on her lips.it's at this point though that the vampiric child asaults her with a flurry of hugs, kisses and a serious game of tickling, drawing her attention back to the others and the game with the little girl.[/color:1il7qu9m]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Illiam
Maid
Maid

Post by Illiam »

Illiam shakes her head to Lady Lilith [i:1ymqwdm1]"Unfortunatly I am not familiar with the use of weapons during fighting, but i have however watched many. Loving the way of grace as it sweeps through their motions, the elegance in their footsteps, the sheer simplicity of the movements of how they lock together to form a series of moves yet appear as one...[/i:1ymqwdm1] she sighs lightly and chuckles [i:1ymqwdm1]"I do apologise Lady Lilith, i seemed to have got a little carried away for a moment there. But surely dancing can not be that difficult to learn, can it?[/i:1ymqwdm1] she whispered raising an eyebrow slightly as she looked questionably at the lady.
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

The human's amused expresion turns to a smile when the serving woman meets his eyes. When adressed by Darius, he turns to face the man. His accent had been indistinct before, yet now it gains a definate Waterdhavian edge. "I've been a many places, yet I was born and mostly raised in Waterdeep. And I prefer to go by Rift than 'young Lord'."
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

Lilith smiles at Illiam,
"No, my lady, it is not very difficult.Now if you like, I will show you some steps.I will admit , however to being horrible at leading in a dance, so if you have no objections , my man at arms here will dance with you and I shall direct you both."
A drow man steps forward.He is very handsome and dressed in livery.The rapier at his hip appears more ornamantal than practical.He bows deeply at Illiam, and offers his arm, smiling gently at her.
Ssin'urn Streea
Regular

Post by Ssin'urn Streea »

[font=garamond:8z528sj7][b:8z528sj7][i:8z528sj7][color=green:8z528sj7]While picking at the last of the meat from the carcass, the orc raises her red eyes with a chuckle, watching the play of the eyes between Rift and the server. Some things transcend all races. Her smile broadens as she elbows the noble again, pointing a bare jaw bone toward the serving girl.

"Now she, might accept dance without honor of a fight for her hand."

She pauses a moment to pick her teeth with a thin piece from a leg bone.

"But perhaps talking be better as you have no good dance skills."[/color:8z528sj7][/i:8z528sj7][/b:8z528sj7][/size:8z528sj7][/font:8z528sj7]
~Don't close your Eyes~

Dos zhahen rosin bri wun vlos lu sca varn, orior ulu el nindel i dol!
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*Talthara smiles at the man's accent*
- Don't worry, your secrets safe with me *chuckle* Anyway where did... Oh, sorry, you mind if we head dancing towards my table, my friends forgeting her maners again...

*As said, Carred was forgeting her table maners. The fork and knife meant nothing to her. She turned into a landshark, nothing was going to stand in the way of her and the food, strange, though food none the less.*
:3
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

"Thankyou lass." The man says, then chuckles and accepts the womans suggestion to move towards her table. He leads her over there in their dance then takes her hand and kisses then goes to sit down at her and herfriends table. He catches eye contact with a servor and orders a glass of fine white wine.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Rooky
Legend
Location: A spooky wood, with man-eating little giant space hampsters

Post by Rooky »

*When the table was reached, Telthara lightly smacked her companion over the head, wich made Charred jump up a bit*

- Telthara, what the Hells?
*Carred barely mumbled this with her mouth being full and all. Telthara closed her mouth preventing Charred from talking any furhter. She then wiped her hands off and wiped Charred off*
- Look, I know you were raised in a barbarian tribe, but that doesn't mean you should behave like one in a civilised area! No please, behave your self. And use a handkerchief for gods sake!

*Carred looked like a hampster with her cheeks acting as a food storage. She wiped her hands and face, and continued eating with the fork and knife that were so nicely descarded previously.*
:3
Illiam
Maid
Maid

Post by Illiam »

Illiam blinks a few times from Lady Lilith's words then turns coyly to face her man of arms as he offers his arm to her. She blushes and then looks down as she places her arm around his as she stands.
The flowing white ankle long gown, shimmers slightly in the light from the decore of tiny crystals ever so often. Her long white hair which is slightly clipped back falls aimless over her back and over ehr shoulders slightly as she glances to Lady Lilith as the man leads her to the dance floor. Her slightly heeled matching shoes make a light tap upon the floor but not much as she looks at the man of arms once more as he sweeps her round into position to be faceing him.
Illiam shakes slightly due to nerves as she looks back to Lady Lilith and awaits for the instructions to begin.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=darkblue:1mzmi4f5]Darius extends a gloved hand to Rift, [i:1mzmi4f5][b:1mzmi4f5]I Rift, am called Darius Moonstone, and hail from Waterdeep as well[/b:1mzmi4f5][/i:1mzmi4f5] he says to the young man as his eyes shift over to dancing couple and the new pair heading for the floor. He notes a look of ill temper on the human females drow companion as her and the vampire steer toward the table, then takes not of the human woman herself. A low chuckle escapes his lips as he watches her eat, turning into a great belly laugh. Wiping tears from his eyes, he looks back to Rift, [i:1mzmi4f5][b:1mzmi4f5] I haven't seen that in many years, and do quite enjoy doing it myself on occassion.[/b:1mzmi4f5][/i:1mzmi4f5] He winces as the human gets slapped across the back of the head though, and told in no uncertain terms that she needs to use her manners.

The young girl that was set to serve the vampire comes over as his eyes meet hers to take his order, going and returning swiftly with the white wine that he ordered. She bows herself away again and is swept up by the adults once more, although the orcs server has her eyes fixed on the one that calls himself Rift.

As all the rest of the stuff is going on about them Darius turns to watch the dance lessons being given by Lillith while he speaks for the first time to the orcan woman. [i:1mzmi4f5][b:1mzmi4f5]Greetings lady. I hope you enjoyed your meal, and I apologize for Tianas' behavior. She used to be a streetrat that I found and brought here to give her something besides stealing and causing trouble to do, although sometimes her old ways show up from time to time.[/b:1mzmi4f5][/i:1mzmi4f5] He then sits back and calmly watches the play and with the child and the interplay of eyes between Tiann and Rift, smiling to himself as he does so.[/color:1mzmi4f5]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

[quote="Illiam"] quote]

ooc..I hope noone was expecting a real dance lesson here,my last dance class was 15 years ago..lol..
ic..
Lilith starts off by showing a series of simple foot movements for Illium to follow.
"Now the male shall guide you in these steps, you merely need to repeat them.As a beginning dancer you merely need to learn a few steps,mixing them up and repeating the ones you know.After you have done this for a while, by simply watching other dancers you will learn other steps, and then simply add them to what you already know.As long as the person you are dancing with has any clue as to what he or she is doing, you shall have no troubles."
Tyrmer
Hero||Heroine

Post by Tyrmer »

The man thanks the serving girl and takes his glass of wine. He places it on the table and pulls out a slender glass tube which he proceeds to drink his wine through.
Titles:

Master of the Lady's Dances
Recoverer of the Tome of Moonlight
Scribe of the Dark Maiden's Temple

High Priest of the Church of Rooky :D
Velve
Regular

Post by Velve »

Rift leans forward to shake Darius' hand, his own eyes then falling upon the lycan human woman, "well it is rather quaint to meet a lycanthrope whom isn't attempting to rip me limb from limb, yet I still cannot say much for their table manners." His tone is joking and inoffencive. He glances at the orcan woman, having heard her words before, yet says nothing on it, before glancing to the trio of the two dancers and the teacher, having heard the words of advice on dancing that had been said. "Perhaps its not so hard.." he mutters to himself as he stands.

He moves over to the woman whom had served the orc, his stride is somewhat arrogant, yet anyone able to read body language decently would see it is an attempt to mask a touch of nervousness. "Perhaps I might have this dance, Mi'lady?" He asks with a smile, offering his arm.