The dance hall

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

Post by Qhell~Velladorn »

[color=teal:3hss1xw3]OoC: This is my first Free Form creation. I'm open to just about any thing you can imagine as a dance, even a created one from off the top of your head. Fighting is allowed, but I would like for you to keep it limited hand to hand if at all possible, and please don't fight over something silly. If someone insults you, ignore them, or return it by replying kindly to them. In other words turn the other cheek. If somone happens to walk up and hit you though, retaliate in kind, no weapons if it can be helped.[/color:3hss1xw3]

[color=darkblue:3hss1xw3]As you enter, you will see a lone drow male dancing to a slow sad song that the musicians are playing. The male has silver hair and bright blue eyes, which at the moment appear quite moist with the tears he sheds as he rembers the friend he has lost and used to dance with.

The song comes to a close and the musicians take up a lighter air. A great smile comes to the males handsome features, lighting his entire face as he begins to sway, spin and step in time to the music.

As you look around you will notice many refreshments, both common to the surface and the Underdark. There are tables for you to rest at after a bout of dancing. All kinds of decorations fill the hall, things that would suggest that the host is a well travelled fellow. If one were to pay close enough attention, they would see things from just about every city, some thought unknown, hanging about all over the place. Most of all though, are the decorations to Eilistraee, the males patron diety, as the hall is painted to resemble the night sky. Here and there through out the stars is a constellation prtraying the Dark Maiden in different poses, some with her sword in the dance, others without.

As the musicians close this song and break for a moment to retrieve something to moisten their parched throats, a singer steps foward and takes their place, singing a song of great joy, one that would have even the most downcast person looking at her and smiling at the happiness she tells of in her song.

After the singer finishes, the males takes a rest and seeks a cup of wine and a table to relax his legs, The musicians re-take their places and the songstress joins in with them as they play a song of devotion to the Elven Pantheon.[/color:3hss1xw3]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

A woman enters the room. Two drow men accompany her, holding back the train of her long gown. She is wearing a large black cloak , the hood of which covers her from just above her large lavender eyes, and encompasses her back. She is a drow woman, and the gown she is wearing is a beautiful shade of silver.It seems to be woven of thread made from pure silver, for it glitters and catches the light in a manner that draws eyes towards her.Once drawn , eyes would find it difficult to look away, for her features are flawless.
She walks forward with a magical seeming grace, and looks about the room.The men accompanying her lift the cloak off and away from her slender body, revealing a large pair of ebon wings that she spreads out, as if to ease tension in them. There is a pair of horns upon her brow, and the black hand she raises to smooth her elaborate coiture is tipped by long, sharp claws.
She continues forward, towards the drow male.Between her breasts is a small, but elaborate pendant. Bedecked with tiny diamonds, it shows a naked drow woman, dancing.
She stops a few feet from the male, and smiles a gentle smile, that does not show her teeth.
"I hope I am not a disturbance.I heard that there was dancing here.I assure you, despite my visage, I mean no harm."
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=darkblue:1fmkiymy]The drow male stands as the woman enters, sjowing proper respect to her. When the cloak is removed, he gapes at her in shock more than anything, having heard tales of creatures like them, and a fair skinned race as well, but never expecting to see one in his lifetime.

After recovering from his initial shock he smiles to her, [i:1fmkiymy][b:1fmkiymy]I wasn't worried about you at all m'lady. I've heard tales of your race from many of the older males and females from my little village. Ones apparently that have actually seen some of your ancestors.[/b:1fmkiymy][/i:1fmkiymy]

He then looks about and smiles once again, [i:1fmkiymy][b:1fmkiymy]Yes, m'lady, this place is a place for dancing.[/b:1fmkiymy][/i:1fmkiymy] He coughs and looks at her remarkable beauty for the first time, actually taking it all in. If a dark skinned person could be seen when they blushed as a fair skinned person is, his face would be bright red. Even though his clothing is tight fitting, it still doesn't show him off quite as well as does her gown.

Clearing his thriat, he gets himslef under control and offers her his hand, [i:1fmkiymy][b:1fmkiymy]Would you care to join me in a dance, m'lady. My names Darius Moonstone. I got the last name because I like to collect them.[/b:1fmkiymy][/i:1fmkiymy]If she were to look down at his neck, she would notice that his Eilistraeen Holy Symbol is carved from the stone as well.[/color:1fmkiymy]
Last edited by Qhell~Velladorn on Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She smiles and takes his hand, her smile broadens at the sight of the pendant around his neck.
"I would be delighted to dance with a brother of the faith.My name is Lilith Illistyn, though I do not go by [i:2qd9py7i]that[/i:2qd9py7i] last name any longer.Most just call me Lady Lilith."
She dips down in a deep curtsy, showing a substantiol amount of cleavage. She is built like a drow woman, but what little a drow woman has has most certainly been enhanced by something she is wearing.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=darkblue:14jxlrfk]Although he wants to look, Darius deverts his eyes away from her as she curtsies, not wanting to appear lecherous in any way. Once she has straightened from her cutsy, he leads her to the floor while the musicians strike up a lively tune, something along the lines of a Salsa.

Smiling Darius wheels Lillith around, spinning her into him, then backing away, begining the quick steps of the dance.(I'm not gonna post the entire dance here, but I'll give a fairly good description, at least I hope it's good anyway.) At all the proper places he twirls her into him, dancing close, then in others he steps back from her and dances around her as she dances her part.

All through out the dance he wears a smile, one of happiness that someone has joined him in a past time of the Dark Maiden. His hands may touch a few places not touched in other dances, but he goes wuth the rythmn and flow of the music, doing as it directs him to do.[/color:14jxlrfk]
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She dances with a surprising grace and skill, matching his steps perfectly, although she is much taller than him.When the closing notes of the song comes, she steps back from him and smiles. She leaps into the air and unfurls her wings , with one quick pump of them , she raises up to the ceiling where she tucks them closer to her body, and she spins.Her head back and arms raised she spins and slow falls to the ground , where she lands in a crouch,before standing back up and curtsying again.
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=darkblue:966ofnm2]Darius marvels at the ladys' grand display at the end of the song and dance. As she curtsies to him, he returns it witha smile and a bow. [i:966ofnm2][b:966ofnm2]Now that we have shared a dance, why don't we share a meal as well?[/b:966ofnm2][/i:966ofnm2] He asks of her as he turns toward he guards, extenging his hand to her once more to offer a bit of elegance to this so far poor turn out. [i:966ofnm2][b:966ofnm2]You gentlemen may join us as well. I offer you freely the food and drink that i have had prepared for the people who come here to dance, sing, and mingle with all the races.[/b:966ofnm2][/i:966ofnm2]

Smiling he turns back toward Lillith and awaits her decision to take his hand and join him at table for a meal.[/color:966ofnm2]
Eilistraees' jusron kus trelao waer'honglath pholor verin areion ussta velven.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

She takes his hand and joins him, settling her long skirts about her as she sits.She sits across from him, her guards on either side of her.She raises one dark hand, and one of the males takes a corked bottle out of her pack and fills her glass with a strange thick blue liquid.
"I hope you don't mind, it is a preference of mine."
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=darkblue:2coal6kl]Darius shakes his head, [i:2coal6kl][b:2coal6kl]Not at all m'lady Lillith. I'll finish my cup of wine that I had earlier.[/b:2coal6kl][/i:2coal6kl] As he finishes speaking, a couple of servers pop up out of nowhere it seems, handing the two of them a menu that has most of the foods of the known world on it.

After a quick glance at the menu Lothair looks up at the human male that came over to him. [i:2coal6kl][b:2coal6kl]I'll have a bit of the calamri, some assorted fruits and vegetables, and a bit of the roast deer that was brought in today.[/b:2coal6kl][/i:2coal6kl]

After placing his order with the man, the server takes off and begins to fill two plates with Darius' request. Once finished he brings the plates back to the table, pausing long enough to pick up the open bottle of chilled fey wine and placing it all before the man he's serving. He then bows his way back as the female awaits Lilliths' order.[/color:2coal6kl]
Illiam
Maid
Maid

Post by Illiam »

A young woman walked slowly into the dance hall, a long dark brown cloak pulled up over ehr attire although her facial features can be clearly seen aswell as the pendant of Eilistraee around her neck. She was not here by choice, more of a request by her tutor to interact with others within the area, although much to her disliking on the matter she had to admit she was some what excited to be at the establishment of the dance.

The woman stopped however near the back of the room, seeing that only a couple of people where here at this time and she did not want to disturb their conversing. A soft smile presented upon her delicate features as she leant slightly against the wall, watching them for a moment before she realised what she was doing, then turned her attention to look around the setting.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Ill just have the venison ,please, very rare."
She folds her menu, and places it down before her.She sniffs the air delicately and stands up, turning to face the newcomer.
"Greetings, I am Lady Lilith..."
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=darkblue:21smk6mr]The female server smiles to Lillith and moves over to where the fresh deer is, taking a few of the choicier parts of the meet, the ones that were made for any lycanthrops that may come, places them upon a plate and brings them back to the table. She the bows herself away as the male serving Darius did, staying nearby incase her guest would like more.

Darius, seeing the woman as she enters, watches as she leans against the wall and observes he and Lillith. As Lillith starts sniffing the air and turns to the young drow woman, he stands, walks over to her and makes his formal greeting to her. He extends his right hand out to her, then speaks, [i:21smk6mr][b:21smk6mr]Welcome to the dance hall m'lady. I'm Darius Moonstone, the founder of this place. Come and have a seat and join the lady and I in our meal. Afterwards we can dance, by that I mean all three of us, you and me only, or you and the lady. I'm very open, and if you so choose so, you can even join the musicians and sing, or play, whatever your preference may be.[/b:21smk6mr][/i:21smk6mr]

After speaking his part and ging a general description of the entertainment, he awaits her to take his hand, or to refuse the hand, but accept his offer of joining him and Lillith at table.[/color:21smk6mr]
Illiam
Maid
Maid

Post by Illiam »

glances at the Lady as she speaks and nods politly

"Greetings Lady Lilith.. I am.."

she stopped in mid sentance as the male approached and held out his hand to her and rose an eyebrow slightly as he gave his name

"Greetings Darius Moonstone. I am Illiam, no surname, just Illiam.."

she smiled and curtseyed politly as she lsitened to his words, pondering the idea of mabye singing with the band considering she actualy did not know how to dance and was not about to make a fool of herself in thinking she could.

She slightly nervously took his hand and smiled as she let him guide her to the table where the Lady was sat.
Nedylene
Hero||Heroine

Post by Nedylene »

"Greetings, Illiam..and how do you fare this fine night?"
lilith asks ,after everyone is seating, as she delicately cuts and eats her meat.
"I propose a toast if I may, the first of the night." She raises her glass of strange blue liquid,
"To fine company, fine music and , most of all, the Light of The Lady, that shines upon us all."
Qhell~Velladorn
Regular

The dance hall

[color=darkblue:1dosa73z]Darius gently bows down and kisses Illiams hand, before leading her off to the table. Once ther he raises his glass in his hand and adds a here here to Lilliths toast.

A new female server steps over and hands Illiam a menu to order from, covering all the foods out on the tables, as well as some not seen. She waits patiently for Illiam to place her order as she has a small conversation eith the other two servers by the table.[/color:1dosa73z]