Hard landing parte 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Nathree watched the group wander in his library, and smiled. The fools would spend an eternity trying to find anything on the Tears, unless of course, he decided to be merciful, and drop the book into heir hands. He squinted into the image shown him by one his scrying spells hidden in the glowballs, the drow maiden had said she knew of him, which was in itself moderately intriguing, since he had found no memory of her in Elwyn's mind. Perhaps the magelings of the days were returning to their roots afer all. Deciding to amuse himself, Nathree decided to make an appearance. With no more than a thought, he caused a glowball by the drow maiden and that strange bard; and shaped it into a likeness. The illusion smiled, "I will tell you right away that the toke you seek is not here, but rather deeper in the complex, just follow the blue mist,"and a trail of blue trailed away behind him. "But I would ask you a question, madame, you say you know me, who told you I still existed?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: You think I'm strange?... Pot calling kettle black much? LOL!!

IC: He echanged glances with the female, and almost turned to ask Elwyn who the stranger was, before he noticed he was gone. Shrugging, the drow motioned to the others.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt to follow, like he said. If it leads us to something that will help Ven find that artifact..."
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Have you seen The Gamers 2, the bard always dies!!! 50 times actually, u have yet to die once...

IC: Nathree nodded, and smiled, "This way, tis not far."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She looked over at the drow male that had addressed her in as proper of a way that was possible for someone who did not know who or really what she was. She was pleased.

She nodded her head once to him and gave him probibly the kindest look that ventured on her features. Why it was almost a smile!

She was looking at a leather bound book with silver inscriptions on the front that was facinating to her when the blue ball appeared infront of her and took form. The only reaction she gave to it was the dissapearance of the friendly look to one of a blank indifference then the wizard who likes to be called archmage appeared infront of her.

"I said I have heard of you not that I knew you. However thank you for revealing that you still live. That is very intrequinging information indeed"

It was all she said before she glaced at the group and followed the blue mist, she was not really concerned about well anything. However it was something to do and if it bore the possibility of gaining more power, well it was worth a little of her time.
You say I am evil, but who is to say you are right?
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree likewise smiled, "Since we are splittng words so finely, I did not say I lived, not for almost 1.5 millenia now, rather that I exist. But still, I have found that life after too long seems to have lost all surprises, and therefore, I wish to shed the bonds of mortality... But that is still far off for me. In any case, let me offer you some advice from my vast stores of knowldge, a maidenis more beautiful by far, if she smiles more."

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She continued to follow the blue mist as she spoke to the spector of the mage.

"Beauty is the territory of the vain and young. I am neither. I care only about the persuit of power and staving off the boredom and tedium when that persuit pauses or ends. And for that I have endless patience."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: The Gamers? Haven't heard of it. And now that you mention it, he HAS died once. He just doesn't like to talk about it. Getting knifed by your half-sis will do that to you.... But that's why he wears his amulet- still has two wishes left....

IC: "Power, huh? Spoken like a true Matron, milady. He does have a point though, that particular pursuit is rather empty, I've noticed. Perhaps you should consider OTHER pursuits!" The young drow says, glancing back at her with a meaningful grin.

"You may not be as young as I, and I don't know you well enough to call you vain, but beauty can be found in many unexpected places, at least that has been my experience. Tell me, Lady- what is it you love above all? If you could do anything in this world, what would it be?"

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth tapped Lothir on the shoulder and whispered in his ear

"10 coins on "taking it over""
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She rose an eyebrow at the male drow walking with her. A slight smirk crossing her features for a moment before they evened out again.

"Love? Love is an emotion for the weak. It is a disease that infects and destroys from the inside out. I do not love. I enjoy my work and my experiments. That is as far as it goes"

She brushed a strand of hair that had loostened its self back into the main body of her hair.

"As for what I could be doing, I would be doing what I am doing and that is whatever I want. Right now it is following this blue mist. Later it will be returning to my tower and running my experiments"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He stifled a snicker at Gareth's comment, and muttered back: "You're on- twenty says she's more interested in destroying some rival..."

Then he turns back to her, one brow raised slightly. "Love? Odd- I never mentioned love in that sense. Your words, Lady, not mine. Perhaps I should have said what do you enjoy most. One might almost have to wonder if you speak truly.... But you are mistaken. Love gives us a reason to fight- even to die, if needs be- for something precious. Does power do that for anyone? I think not. It is empty and hollow, and leaves only the bitterest of taste. Love, on the other hand, is sweeter than any wine, and more powerful than any magic. Perhaps you simply have never experienced such a wonder."

He pauses for a moment, as if gauging her reaction, then shrugs as they continue to follow the mist. "Besides, Jabress, I did not mean what did you want to do RIGHT NOW. I meant what is your fondest wish- the one thing that would make your life complete?"

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree scoffed at the bard's words on love, "She is quite right you know, love is a useless thing, a string with which to turn the world into you puppets." He glanced at Myna, "But these experiments, what are you experimenting on? Perhaps I could be of some use. I have yet to meet a magic that could harm me, in this form."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Spoken like a true drow," he replied sourly. "I disagree, however. Have you never felt the stirrings of love? It is not merely some tool. It is a force beyond anything you can imagine. I should know..."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree's illusion laughed, "A force beyond anything I know? You presume much, youngling. I weild many forces beyond your comprehension. Ever sent a village into the Nine Hells? And I mean buildings, inhabitants, and all? And no, I have never felt the stirrings of love, my life is my magic, and has ever been, even before Netheril rose mighty in the sky."

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth chuckled at Lothir's comment and reminded him.

"Lothir, You [i:11zgnfxj]are[/i:11zgnfxj] drow. But enough about that, Perhaps we should be getting to business?"
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She pursed her lips at the discussion the two where now having and just shook her head.

"I have no purpose for such a useless and unstable emotion, and there is no one that is worth dying over. This has not changed in nearly a millenia, and it will not ever change. I have been wed twice and both accounts they where simply tools I became fond of, they where very useful while they still lived."

She shook her head and continued down her path.

"However as to my experiments they are a private matter and not one I will discuss openly. Or to just anyone."

((OOC: BTW I am not playing Myna anymore! Her name is Kendra!))