Hard landing parte 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Hard landing parte 2

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

The dragon's head lowered down to look at Gareth. It could have easily swallowed Gurguch, if it felt like it, but instead it smiled visciously it's teeth were easily twice as tall as Gareth, "A skull thing, you say? That sent you down here, to my lair? Did it say it felt merciful this day? "
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

OOC: Dang, I almost had made the thread :P

IC: Gareth scratched his head for a moment and responded without fear. "Yes sir it did, But how did you know that? Was in you talking to us through the door?"
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC ha, beat ya to it :p

IC
The head reared up again, a great sighed issued forth from the great mouth, "No it was not I who spoke with you, unfortunately I am bound to kill you. A shame, since you seemed to he a nice fellow. Unfortunately, my will has not been my own, not for a long time." There was a great breath from above, the dragon was preparing it's breath to roast the party alive.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth saluted the great beast and yelled up;

"It has been a pleasure knowing you Dragon, But im afraid we cannot let you kill us, Before you attempt to barbecue us, Can you tell us why?"

To him, and then was prepared to roll over behind a pillar of rock to avoid the heat.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The dragon laughed and a gout of flame blasted
out Of it's mouth, "yes, I think I can fight the urge to kill you long enough to do so. This happened long ago,
my binding, I was not more than a hatchling then, and yet I had already aquired a sizeable hoard. I was becoming quite famous, until one day, a drow came into my den, much like you. I attacked him, and d espite my best efforts, I could not even ruin his hairdstyle. When I was thoroughly exhausted, he walked up to me, placed his hand on my head, and I forgot everything before then, and whatever he comanded, I did. That would be the tale. Goodbye, I wish we had met under different circumstances." Our of nowhere the dragon's tail swept around, aimed for Gareth.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth was struck by the tail and he was shot across the room and catapulted into the stony wall.

"But im not a drow you blind bumbling idiot!"

Gareth got up, came running for its tail again, But his time he latched on and refused to let go, He stabbed he katars into the tail over and over and over, until his shirt was mostly covered in blood.

"IM GOING TO WORK MY WAY UP AND CUT YOUR EYES OUT, THEN YOU WILL SEE HOW MUCH IT HURTS TO BE BLIND!"

Gareth shouted at the top of his lungs, laughing maniacally.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The dragon only laughed, and flicked it's tail, s blow that would winded a giant, "I know you are no drow, teifling." it said, "But I am bound, forgive me."

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

((I am joining due to request. If anything is wrong or if theres a problem just let me know))

As Gareth's hold on the dragon faltered with the swipe of its large tail that sent him hurling back with enough force to stun if not kill the poor ranger.

She rose an eyebrow walking out of the shadow she weaved her hand in a pecular pattern combined with a few whispered words. From around her several blueish glowing tendrils materalized whipping out and catching Gareth around each arm and each leg and one around the middle. Then pulling him back to her instead of to the cave wall he was about to crash into.

At her feet they dispersed into a black smoke leaving him winded and probibly very stunned at her feet.

The Drow woman that was not visable to those gathered furrowed her brow and looked as almost always, mildly annoyed down at Gareth then towards the others in the group before finally resting on the dragon they where attempting to fight.

"What on earth is going on down here?"
You say I am evil, but who is to say you are right?
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth crawled behind some stones and rubble and looked up to her, making sure he was covered completely from the dragon's fiery breath before answering.

"Warlock? Away from the safety and warmth of your tower i see. you see, a friend of our from another realm has crash landed here on one of his transport ship, looking for an artifact of great power, He has reason to believe the artifact could save his planet from destruction, we think its hidden here. I think it was called, The tears, They are shaped like tear drops and made of sapphire, It has magical properties, We asked the dragon for it, But he decided to attack us for some vague reason... If you don't mind im going to lie down here for a little while, I think i broke a rib, or two, or three..."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

In the confusion, the bard casts a quick spell of invisibility on himself. At least if the dragon can't SEE him, he might be able to get in a lucky shot or two before getting toasted....

Then he starts to sneak around behind the dragon, being careful to avoid the tail, while he looks for an opportunity to do some real damage.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth then propped his body up onto the rubble, making somewhat of a sniper's nest, He grabbed a long, silver arrow out from his pack, It looked like it had a green shaft and green tip, He put it in his bow, lined it up with the string and drew back hard, The arrow flew through the air and shone in the light reflected off the shining mountains of gold platinum from the dragon's hoard, The dragon turned to inspect the light, it then hit him right in the pupil of the eye (woodland sniper), Green foam started to spurt out from his eye socket and melt his eye, slowly and painfully.

(Acid arrow+3 enchanted with Melf's acid arrow spell, Dontcha just love arcane archer :P)
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Seeing that Gareth has blinded the wyrm, the bard levitates straight up over its huge head, then drops down onto the back of its neck, slamming down his blades into the sides of the neck and holding on as it begins to thrash around. He starts to sing a lively tune about a "One-Eyed-Wyrm" that sounds suspiciously raunchy, to bolster the spirits of his companions, as he hooks his boots under one of the scales of its neck.

OOC: Using Inspire Heroics.....

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth continued to shoot more arrows, until he cane to the conclusion that they weren't doing much, the wyrm had taken precautions now, it blinked frequently, too much for Gareth to get a clean shot in the other eye.

"DRAGON, I [i:1f5n25qi]WILL[/i:1f5n25qi] CUT YOUR OTHER EYE OUT, DEAD OR ALIVE!"

Gareth rushed into the dragon's blind spot and began to climb up onto its head, to finally chop its last eye open.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

After the first arrow punched through his hide and startedpumping acid into his system, and by the gods there was a fair amount of acid. It started to eat away at his flesh, and the dragon roared in pain. It's eye was a mess of blood and that blasted acid. That ranger manged to get a lucky shot in, after all. "I am surprised, you worms have managed to hurt me!" It roared, and reared it's head back. The sound of it's breath could be heard even outside in the passage, and the companions oy had seconds before it exhaled mightily.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Oh, no you don't!" shouts the bard from the back of the dragon's neck. He lets go of one sword stuck in its neck long enough to rattle off a lockjaw spell. The dragon's mouth is suddenly clamped shut; the bard yanks out the blades and leaps off, before the inevitable consequence of pent-up dragon-breath gives him a rather nasty hot-seat....

OOC: Anyone remember that scene in Willow, with the two-headed "dragon" in the castle courtyard? Same thing here....