Hard landing parte 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: lol, haven't seen it, but nicely done! Lol, unfortunately dragons are immune to their elements by this age, nonetheless...

IC:the dragon realized it's peril too late, and exhaled. The bard's spell managed to hold out against the assault of dragon fire. The dragon however, did not. The huge head swang back and forth, and then slowly started to fall, smoke coming out of it's eyes and ears. The resulting collision of head on ground caused the whole party to fall to the ground, but their task was done. The smoke from the dragon swirled down to the ground, covering the whole party, who found themselves by the door once again.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth stabbed his katar into the other eye of the dragon before leaping off, avoiding the inevitable danger of a dragon's head exploding while he was clung onto it.

He walked over to the smoking husk of a head left of the dragon, and cut one of his teeth loose and stuck it into his pocket.

"im going to make necklace, Made of all the most powerful monsters i kill, This dragon is no exception."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

The wood warped once more, and out stepped the drow, "Oh, so you succeded? Pathetic... But I suppose I did promise." he waved his hand, and the door opened, revealing a collossul library, the rows of books vanishing in the distance, "I do not posses the Tears, but perhaps you may find something concerning them in here." with that, he started to dissipate into smoke, "Just remember, if you don't touch it, it can't harm you."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

OOC: 8) :devil: Hehehe! I love pulling off really dangerous moves like that- it's fun to get creative with the kills....

IC: The drow gets up off the floor, his hair and clothes singed, coughing from the smoke. "Remind me not to do anything that crazy again," he says, as Gareth takes one of its teeth. Lothir happily plucks off a few scales and the end of one horn, grinning. "Souvenirs!" he says proudly.

Then the hooded stranger appears again, and he turns to look at the vast library that opens up, an almost hungry look in his eyes. "Amazing...." he says softly to himself, and he steps toward the endless rows of books, before he remembers to hold back and wait for the others.

He barely seems to hear the robed drow talking, until the last bit. He turns and does a double-take, only to see him suddenly disappear. "What in the Nine Hells does THAT mean?!" he asks, though the stranger is already gone....
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn walks up to Lothir, and pulls him back, "Wait, he meant it," elwyn looked back to the rest of the group, "Master Nathree has some... unique books in here that seem to possess a sentience all their own, unfortunately I only know of a few. In fact it was here that I crafted my first living pupppet." elwyn looked around at the shelves, "This section is unfamiliar to me. All these books seem foreign." Picked up a book, bound in iron and leather, its title was written in a flowing handwriting, but that made it seem all the more dangerous, as the script seemed hellish in origin.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Don't worry about me," he says, pulling away from Elwyn. "I know my way around libraries, and I'm certainly equipped to deal with the kind of books that are dangerous. By the way, you might not want to open that- devils are fond of putting curses on books." he says, pointing to the one in elwyn's hand.

"Now, what do you say we start looking? I'm thinking we split up and search for anything that might refer to ancient artifacts- specifically gems. And don't discount books of old legends, either. Sometimes these things are hidden in poems, old stories, or even songs. Shall we each take a row?"

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn Nodded, and placed the book down, hesitantly, it seemed. "Right," he said, "Perhaps I should go check over there," he nodded at a shelf that was illuminated by hovering glowballs, "That place seems allright." He was soon walking down the hall, glowering at the titles, "I can't make any of them out," he called to Lothir, "Perhaps we should ask for help?"

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth stepped through the library, carefully examining the titles of the books.

"Perhaps our warlock friend here can help us?" Gareth suggested.
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

Raising and eyebrow she moved over to the husk that used to be a dragon once not long ago as the rest of this little group moved off into some library. She couldnt help but wonder if there was anything that might intrest her in there.

She looked at the dragon for a few more moments before crouching down and pulling a small leather case out of her robes that was about the size of a book. She then unzipped it and inside there where two dozen small vial's, twelve on one side, sunk into the casing all snug and safe. Twelve on the other. She filled one side with the dragon's blood and the other half she left empty for now however she did remove several teeth from the creature, she would shave them down later and fill the other half. Both where rare and valuable compounds to her.

She then zipped and tucked the little case back inside the black cloak that was still draped over her shoulder, hood still over her head as she walked up behind the party and Gareth as he was speaking about her.

"That depends what exactly your looking for and what benifit it might have for me."
You say I am evil, but who is to say you are right?
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

As the whole group filtered out of the room with the dragon, and through the portal entered the library, the portal shut. A few seconds later, the husk of the dragon stirred, and the neck twitched, raising the head off of the floor. Eyes reformed from the damage inflicted upon them by the dragon's own breath, and they scanned the room, settling at last upon a seated drow, who twirled a bone-white wand in his fingers. The dragon growled, and the head sank down once more, nostrils flaring as the dragon breathed once more, "I will kill you drow," the dragon thought.

Back in the library, Elwyn heard the warlocks question and scoffed, "What would it benefit you to help us translate the books of a very old and extremely powerful mage? I know not, if you do not wish to, I suppose we might turn to other, more willing sources for our magical translations."

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She lifted her hands to remove the hood of her cloak from her head, revealing her face to the others as her eyes slowly trailed over to the one who spoke to her.

"Vel'uss ph'dos, jaluk, ulu telanth ulu natha ilharess wun folt natha i'dol?"

She spoke in such a iced tone it could make the skin crawl. She then turned her eyes over to one of the others of the group dismissing him.

"Now perhaps one of you would be gracious enough to answer my question. What exactly are you looking for in these books and who was that Wizard?"

She wasnt standing still though she was fingering through a few books looking over the titles with apparent understanding.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn looked at her, and smiled, "Sorry, I don't speak your language milady, but I know how to deal with drow. They usually make things very complicated, but in the long run they are worthwhile adding them to my collection." He waved at the door, "That wizard, as you so aptly named him, is called Nathree De'Shezhron, a most powerful archmage, who has long ago transcended the bondsof normal lichhood, and has taught me the intricacies of my powers. With out Master Nathree, I would never have achived my current proficiency with puppet crating."

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She paused at a particular tome on the intrecies of the magic utilizations of pit fiends and looked over at him. He was particularly irritating to her but she wasnt here to make enemies today and she didnt think the rest of his group would appreciate it if she killed him. So she utalized centuries worth of patience and ignored his comment.

"I have heard of him. If you are such good buddies with him is there a reason he wants you dead? Or did you simply irritate him too much?"

She went back to looking through the tomb's scanning the spines, occasionally pulling one out if the titles on the spines where not legiable or if there where none.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn shrugged, "I doubt it... He was always good at weighing benefits vs. costs. I left of my own accord, and returned to my people in the desert, I felt it the place to construct my final puppet, as soon as I find a worthy donor." Elwyn looked over the books, no seeming to understand a single word of their covers, "Perhaps that dragon would do quite nicely... It certainly is bi enough to house some of my more interesting inventions..." He seemed to be in a differen world , for all the attention he paid to surrounds, stumbling over a small table, laden with books that spilled onto the ground, clattering loudly, but then rising, and reorganizing themsleges back into a neat stack seconds later. Elwyn was steadil moving away from thmain body of the group, and was soon lost, only the sounds of his steps were heard, soon even those ceased.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir turned to the newcomer, as he began running his hands along the shelves, searching for any likely-looking tome that might contain knowledge of the artifact they sought.

"Tal'skala ukta, ussta jallil. Uk zhah rivvil. Nind xuat kampi'un udossa, naut llaar." He said to her, continuing to examine the various tomes. He pulled one out that might be helpful, on the subject of magical gems, but soon realized that it only involved the ordinary kind, such as ioun stones and gems of true-seeing, or the like. He sighed, and moved on to another book.