Hard landing parte 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

Gareth turns to the unknown drow

"Were we talking to you, Scum? No? Then shut your oversized trap and let us talk to the actual people here."

He turns again to the Elf.

"My apologies, Might i ask why you are down here? And why you seem to have the traits of a dwarf?" Gareth chuckles and begins to sit, back supported by the marble walls, Cleaning his katars and mixing potions with the assorted herbs, plants and liquids out of his pack.
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"I'm not a dwarf! I'm called Nailo! Me an' me kin's from an island up north of them Moonshaes." He dropped his bag pipes, which were slung to his back and bowed again. He took a flask from one of his many pockets, swallowed about half of it and smiled forlornly. "I'm 'bout out o' me drink. I done told all of you that it was some strange wizard screwup that left me an' me stuff here."
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard watches with mild interest as Gareth begins mixing potions. "Alchemy? I've studied a bit of that- well, it was years ago, but I still play with it a bit from time to time." he says with a shrug. He turns to the peculiar elf.

"Moonshaes, you said? Well, you are certainly far from home, then. And I can relate to that- my own home is on another world! Of course, it was an errant portal that brought me here, not a wizard, but the result was the same. Please, do join us." He seems to remember that others are present, and turns to Gareth and the rest. "If none of you mind, that is?" he says, waving absently.

He sits down beside the teifling, and pulls the waterskin off of his pack, and takes a long drink. "Too bad I never learned that water-to-wine spell of Master Jezdin's...." he mutters to himself.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Gareth pulls out a flask from his inside pocket of his jacket, Shakes is slightly and sighs.

"If only you did, Oh well, i can make herbal water that heals but i don't have the ingrediance for wine, I can make exploding potions, but not a fine pint of whiskey, Unfortunate."

Gareth then finishes the potion he was origionally working on, and moves on to another.

T
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Nathree sighed, "Water to wine spells," He muttered under his breath, "What a waste of time..." He looked up, at the elf, "So you have simply stumbled in by chance? This is not unheard of, but in any case, feel free wo join us in my library." He waved his hand, and the whole group was transported back to the library the line of blue mist before them once again, "Continue onwards, I haven't all day you know." And he started walking along the line.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Myna
Maid
Maid

Post by Myna »

She peered over at the drow and if she looked irritated before she looked annoyed now, borederline angry, however spoke in a cool sharp tone.

"Kendra"

Muttering something about wasting her time she waited with anything but patience and absolutely no intrest untill the path along the blue line started up and she continued to follow, her mood darkening as time widdled by. There just had better be something to make this worth her time or heads would roll. She had yet to decide what kind of heads. Demon heads, human heads...maybe animal heads. However none the less rolling heads there would be.
You say I am evil, but who is to say you are right?
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"A waste of time? I think, not, good sir," he replies to Nathree amiably. "Many's the time I've wished for a decent bottle of wine while on my travels, but they break so easily, and they always seem to empty too soon. What better use for magic than one that can be shared and enjoyed with friends, and make even the coldest and most miserable of journeys a bit more pleasant?" He shrugs, and chuckles, then sees the annoyed look on Kenrda's face, and stares right at her pointedly as he continues.

"Personally, I've always thought that magic should be something to make life more enjoyable and interesting, not something to hoard and chase, like gold or treasure. Power of any kind is wasted if it does not make one truly happy. If one's life is measured only by the power one holds, what is the point of living at all? Might as well be dead already, in that case. I would rather look back and know that mine was spent in good company, with fond memories, instead of holed up in some cold, dark tower cackling like a madman over some bit of powerful but essentially worthless spell or treasure. I've seen that path, and it leads nowhere. Better a spell that can add amusement to one's life, than one that does nothing but harm."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree smiled, "Younglings these days... How you all amuse me." He turned to Lothir, "Magic is not a toy, it is a gift, a great power and burden. Those gifted with magical aptitude hold the world in their hands. Those who attain mastery of magic can strive to wrest godhood from the gods themselves, so a spell or two that adds some fleeting amusement? Such a spell is worthless, magic is a sword to wielded, and shield to absorb all the blows the world may deal to you. That, mageling, is what magic truly is."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Odd," he says, with a look at Nathree that is totally deadpan. "I always thought it was an art to be appreciated, not a weapon to bash people with. I never said it was a toy, of course it is a gift. But like any gift, it is best when shared and enjoyed, not hoarded away. And who really wants to be a god, anyway? Too much headache- always having to listen to your followers, grant their requests, watch what your fellow gods are up to... What good is all that power, if it cannot make you happy? If I need a sword, I have my blades, and I never use a shield- it slows one down too much, at least for me. My magic is for spreading joy, and perhaps a bit of harmless amusement on occassion, assuming the recipient has a good sense of humor. Perhaps you might want to step outside your home once in a while, and truly LIVE?!" he says with a wave of one hand.

"I imagine you must have a very boring existance with all that magic and no one to share it with, to applaud your discoveries, or encourage you when you fail. A pity. Those who seek only power do not know what it means to be alive. I risk death often, and yet, I do not fear it like so many cloistered mages. A spell to protect oneself is all well and good, but I'd rather have a spell that sends a tavern full of people into gales of laughter. Much more satisfying, in the end..."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree shrugged, "I have my fair share of apprentices, and they all share my views, some have even followed me into lichhood." Nathree smiled, "All mortals grasp for godhood, the need to control your own destiny is prevalent in all of nondivine, but some are simply too weak to grasp it. Perhaps you should take a tome or two, the spells contained within will most certainly make you an offensive caster to be reckoned with. Or a bastion of protection for your friends that few indeed will topple." He smiled wickedly, "At a price, of course."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Not all mortals seek godhood, you know," he counters calmly. "Some of us just want to live as full and fulfilling a life as possible while we are here." He cocks his head to one side with a playful smile, all the while keeping his eyes on the two mages. "As to controling one's destiny, I prefer to seek out whatever is around the next bend, or over the next hill, and let the dice fall where they may. I feel no need to grasp at things that are beyond any mortal's reach. Let the gods govern our destiny- that is their business. One's perspective often changes after having actually MET a god- or goddess, as the case may be."

"Incidently, I do have a few spells that are meant for battle- I simply prefer not to use them unless the need is dire indeed. Have you ever heard of the bonefiddle spell? Rather gruesome, actually, but very effective. Not to mention hair-raising, and utterly evil. I've never yet had reason enough to use it, but it is there should I need it."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree scratched his head, "Bonefiddle? Nay, I have not heard of it, bardic magic? If so I have very little schooling in the bardic arts, I have not the voice for it." He chuckled, "But I speak of spells that conjure pillars of flame to move over the field of battle, and scorch the flesh from enemys' bones, and then raise them as skeletons to add to your army. Or simply create a wall of earth, impenetrable save for flying over it, but then you smite the fools down with lightnings that search for living enemies and join them into a nimbus of death and beauty. Ah such power..." Nathree was smiling, an insane gleam in his eye, Elwyn scratched his cheek, and coughed slightly, obviously uncomfortable by his master's insanity.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard stares openly at the wizard, unable to believe what he is hearing. He notices Elwyn's uncomfortable look, and stifles a grin. <Now I see where he gets it,> he thinks to himself. <Must be catching...>

Aloud, he clears his throat and gives the wizard a smirk. "It is a spell used by bards and wizards alike, though only the most vicious would do so. It does not require one to sing, though it can be cast in such a way. The spell creates a magical fiddle bow that- well, to be blunt, it plays the victim's bones like a fiddle. Hideously painful, and messy. And the sound it makes would wake the dead. As I said, it can be quite effective, but as it is inherantly evil, I am loath to use it unless the cause and the peril was great indeed. If I wish my enemies dead, I much prefer my blades- it is less cruel."

He starts to ask Gareth what he thinks, but sees him busily making another potion, and shrugs. "There are other ways to defeat one's enemies, you know," he says in an off-hand manner.

"Sometimes a simple charm spell is the best solution. Why make enemies, when they can be turned into one's friends? Or perhaps fooling them with illusions is more to your liking- like that fireball I tossed earlier. I've defeated more than one foe with such tricks. For some reason, people tend to scatter when they see someone holding one, whether it's real or an illusion. Very useful for escaping from mobs of villagers who think every drow they see is out to steal their children and accost their women."

He snickers, and throws up his hands. "Humans- some of them can be so narrow-minded, but what can one do? It's pointless to try to fight them all. One would be fighting forever. Better to appear in a guise they accept- like another human, for instance."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree shrugged, "To each his own, but illusions must be reacast, and enchantment will eventually fade, and need to be strengthened. I prefer the more permanent approach. Interesting spell, if you would be inclined to share with me the formula, I could modify it into an area spell, the more fiddles the merrier!"

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

"Bonefiddle, Eh? Ive always been a drummer myself, I usually use my enemies severed arms, But enough with this incessant bickering."

Gareth pulls the quiver of arrows off his back and raises his hand over them, magical essence flows deeply into the arrows.

"I hold in my hand something far more effective than your silly magics, Its a spell, Quick, efficient, reliable, and an insanely powerful killer, 1 shot infact, Can you guess what it is lich? Or was it leech? No matter, I might as well let you know, PowerWordKill, enchanted into an arrow, I know it wont kill you the first shot, You're too powerful for that, But all it takes is some effort..."

Gareth chuckles lightly.