Hard landing parte 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

"More permanent approach, hmm? I suppose that would be destroy anyone who disagrees with you so that there is no one left to do so? I've always preferred the less destructive approach, myself. Saves on damage repairs, angry townsfolk chasing you with pitchforks and hammers, and the inevitable lynchings that follow. One can only kill so many people before powerful adventuring groups are sent out looking for your blood. Or perhaps in your case, phylactory. " He smiles at the lich innocently,
but edges away from the obviously insane mage.

"You're right, of course, Gareth, but would you mind putting that away? We don't need you shooting it off at someone by accident. One slip on the string, and someone could end up dead- or deader, as the case may be." He sighs, realizing that he's in a room full of power-mad spellcasters who could very easily turn the place into a war-zone. With himself in the middle, naturally.

"Still, I always enjoy a bit of friendly debate. It broadens the mind, don't you think?" He asks, turning to Kendra with a polite smile. "You seem upset by the discussion, Jabbress. Is there something wrong? Perhaps this will bring a smile to your lovely face, milady." He conjures a perfect rose with a quick prestidigitation, then turns to Nathree with a wicked grin. "Tell me, sir, can your fireballs and death spells win a maiden's heart? Or soothe an enraged beast?"
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Nathree shrugged, "I do not kill all who cross my path, or even all who disagree with me, you need look at yourself to see the incorrectness of you statement. And, I have had my fair share of adventurers trying to find my 8 soul stones, but they have failed, each and everyone. Eventually people forget I even exist, and I am left to further advances in my Art as I see fit." He chuckled, "Most of my achievements are written off as accidents of Faerunian magic." He looked at Kendra, "What use have I for womens' hearts, they can not be used to fuel spells, and I have long ago given up everything but my skull, so I highly doubt I would garner their attentions," The illusion smiled, and winked at Kendra, "Am I not correct milady, or are females now attracted to flying skulls?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard laughs out loud at Nathree's commentary, nearly doubled over in a fit of amusment. "Ha! Now there's a use for one I never thought of! A lady's heart, I mean. Then again...." He passes a side-long look at Kendra, a devious twinkle in his eyes.

"But I digress. I was speaking in general terms, of course, not that you would kill everyone who happens to disagree with you personally. So what acheivments have you made? Is it even truly an achievment if no one knows of it? You say that all mortals seek godhood, but it's been my experience that most are happy just being remembered. Immortality of sorts, without the drawbacks of watching all your loved ones die around you."

He pauses for a moment, then stares at the mage with a puzzled look. "Why in Toril's name would you ever give up so much? I should think you gave up on the most, er- enjoyable parts of yourself for the sake of something no one would ever appreciate or even know about. I simply cannot fathom such logic. What is the point of making such acheivements if the world thinks they are nothing but strange anomalies, or worse, never learns of them at all? A lonely and empty road you've chosen, sir, and one that will only prove wasted in the end. When you go to whatever afterlife awaits you, what will you truly have to look back on? A few new spells created? A long and ultimately wasted existance? Truly, I feel sorry for you, good sir."

Indeed, he does seem to have an expression of sadness when he looks at the wizard, and shakes his head.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree smiled, "Aye, I have filled many of these tomes with my new crafted spells, I assure you, those tomes will not open for you, should you actually manage to find them. Besides, magic is quite literally my life, it is all that tethers me to this world. And so I will do all that I can to keep this existence as permanent as I can." Nathree shrugged, "I have plumbed the depths of all my magical whims, I have spells to raise cities, and send them straight to the Nine Hells. I have even made some research into crafting the flying cities of old, but the spells seem to just be out of my reach..." His eyes seemed to look beyond the group for an instant, "I suppose that is the true reason I strive for godhood, so that I may look where I may, without any one to restrict my research."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Where can i get some more ale?"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"Why don't you tunnel your way out and go to an inn? Instead of asking random people underground?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Lothir looks at the elf. "sorry, we've no ale here. Come to think of it, an inn sounds like a good idea. If we weren't still searching for that artifact, I might even go with you."

He turns to Nathree and shrugs. "To each his own, I suppose. I've a few rather interesting spells of my own, but nothing you would be interested in, I'm sure. Unless you're into 'Blue Magic'!" he says cryptically, with a gleam in his ice-hued eyes. "So, where did you say we could find this tome about the Tears?"

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree points to a big mithril tome, its face covered in flowing Elvish script, "Yonder," With a wave of his hand, the book flew forward, and landed in Lothir's hands, "This should service thy needs quite nicely. However, the Tears may not be the best solution to your problem. They have a slight side effect. As you may know the Tears are an ancient artifact. And contrary to most belief, they are simply a modified, more powerful form of a popular Netherese magical item. They do not allow a birth of a new child, rather, if you have a part of a body, the Tears will allow you to make a copy of said person. A useful tool for making an expendable army."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He takes the book down and starts going through it, then looks over at Ven (OOC: Where the heck is he, anyway? This was supposed to be his quest...) and gives him a puzzled look. "This isn't what you were searching for, is it? This artifact might not be what you need, after all. Perhaps we should seek another answer."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

OOC: Well, I suppose we gave him enough time to respond...

IC: Nathree shrugged, "Your dilema, young drowling, is certainly a unique one. I would have wanted very dearly to be given the chance to dissect that Ven of yours, and find out just what sets him apart from you, Lothir." the demilich hissed, but I doubt that he would enjoy the experiance. Eh no matter, perhaps I can obtain another specimen like him..." He took the book frm Lothir, "The cure may only be as complex as the problem it solves.. Unless you seek the ultimate potion, however, not even I may procure it for you, not with out great personal risk, of course."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard shrugs. "What sets him apart from me is that he is from another world entirely- but then again, so am I. He mentioned earlier that he was basically immortal, immune to most diseases and such, and could live forever, barring accident or death in battle." He pauses while he stares down at the tome the mage had indicated, wondering whether to even bother if it won't help.

"I on the other hand, am the child of a Cursed One, as they call those who are subjected to the Dark Banishing back home. Our history is a little different from yours, in that there were not always dark elves. They were created when some of the fairie elves turned against their brethren and followed dark gods, and started a series of wars. They were punished by the gods by being marked as traitors and banished from their homelands. The ritual is still used from time to time, if someone commits a crime atrocious enough. My father was one of those."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree shrugged, "Like I said, an interesting dilemma, and that seperation is what intrigues me. Did you know that despite the differances between all the races of the world, a heart is built mostly the same, be it kobold, or drow. Most of the organs are also similar. If I could alter the design, add a few... improvements, but I lack that training, that is what Elwyn is here for." He smiled mischeivously, and pointed to the human, "He is a great puppeteer, well on the way to figuring out that design."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The drow grimaces slightly. "Yes, well- Fascinating, I'm sure, but I learned all of that in my anatomy lessons when I was a boy, and I still despise the subject to this day, though for entirely different reasons than you might assume. And I've already seen the results of his work, and I find it distasteful, at best. I suppose I should not judge, but I can't help thinking those folk would be rather annoyed at the use their former bodies are being put to. I realize they themselves likely had no further use for them, but it just seems- disrespectful."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn stepped forward, "Disrespectful? I say not. Where I am from the waste of anything is considered disrespectful. I defeated them in battle. They have lost, so they are weaker than I, and I made them stronger, all so that I may achieve the highest honor of my clan, and lead us out of poverty into power. I do not call that disrespect."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He blinks at Elwyn innocently, and shrugs. "Perhaps you have a different definition of disrespect. And you did not truly make THEM stronger- you made yourself stronger by using their corpses as weapons. That is not the same thing. I doubt they would have apreciated becoming mere puppets for another's greater glory and power. What sane person would?"