Hard landing parte 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

The bard listens to Nathree and the female, and shakes his head sadly. "You do not know what you are missing, either of you. A pity... I have in my life found not one, but two people worth dying for. I even did so once. I do not regret it, even for a moment. Perhaps one day one- or even both of you- will find the person who is worth so much to you."

He turns to Gareth with a wry chuckle. "I know that, you half-wit; I was simply stating that they both seem to embody the very mind-set of my race. I may wear the same skin as they, but I do not think of myself as such, not anymore. My heart is much more that of a TRUE Quessir." He shoots a sour look at the other two as he says it, aware that he is treading dangerous philosophical ground.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

OOC: Omg, Im playing an elvish swashbuckler in a campaign, lol...

IC: Nathree looked the bard over, "You are not undead, and I conclude that you must have a decent priestess helping you, or had in any case, but still... Love is not useful to one of my ilk, I hold no allegiances, not for many centuries now."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

"I am no half wit, i am merely observing the somewhat paradoxal statement of you making a racial comment about your own race, On the other subject;

At-least im not a servant of Love who can only be taken control of and used like any piece of equipment, In my experience that's always what happens, and that's why i can't love, So you can take your little emotions and shove them." Gareth rebutted, and explained his, and possibly the other two's situation.
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: He was only joking Gareth- the "half-wit" bit was meant in a friendly way (you know, like calling your bf a "f***-er, or whatever...) Hmm, guess I should have been a little more clear on that. My bad...

IC: He sighs at the barbs from the others, though the comment from Nathree about being undead almost makes him laugh. "I'm sorry you all feel that way. I never said I was its servant, and if you believe that, then perhaps your love was misplaced. It happens rather often, or so I've heard, but when it is returned in full, then there is nothing that can break it, not even death. And for the record, no I am NOT undead- nor was there any priestess involved. I stand before you now BECAUSE of love. Because someone cared enough to snatch me from death's hand with a selfless wish."

Then he frowns for a moment, and turns back to the teifling. "I meant no offence, friend. Forgive my lack of tact, I merely meant to say.... never mind. What's done is done. Let us find what we came here for. Perhaps the fair Lady here will find what she seeks. As for the rest, I suppose we simply see the world through different points of view, more's the pity."

He then waves Nathree to lead on, falling silent for a long while as he thinks about what the others have said. An idealist and a hopless romantic he might be, but he knows deep down that the truth is there somewhere too, if one only wishes to find it. Perhaps, some day, they might understand....

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

OOC: He's a bit eccentric.
IC: From the middle distance can be heard a strange droning music. A bag-pipe.
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree's illusion turned its head, seeming to look at something just to the left of the warlock, and suddenly, in a burst of flame, he vanished. Standing before the sound of the dreadful squealing he looked at the source of it, a flamboyant elf, almost gaudy in his attirement, "The number of unexpected guests is apalling, and stop that dreadful music at once." He flicked a finger, and glanced at the elf, "Well now, what have we here?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

The sudden teleport made the elf lose his concentration and he stopped playing his bagpipe. He looked around at the strange and deadly looking people around and smiled, saying "Oi! If i knew there'd be so many i'd have brought me helm too!" He laughed and bowed. He wore a great many daggers strapped throughout his attire, a set of rapiers at his waist and was wearing a studded leather vest and kilt, colored bright red and purple.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree glanced at the elf, "Such presumptuousness from younglings these days, state you name, intent, and how you got into my abode, and I may just be merciful."

Zyeke
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Well, you see, it all started about a brace of months ago when i got meself through a scrap with some mean gnolls. Well, I beat them all and some mage who was with me hired me to deliver magic gear for him. Or at least guard those what were carrying them. Some strange magic separated us and i decided to just keep on walking up towards the north, playing me 'pipes here. So, is this some sort of party? Where's the ale?" He then looked around somewhat lewdly, "And the wenches?"
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"I'm afraid it's the wrong kind of party forthat, more's the pity," quips the drow with a wry smile. And who might you be, good sir?"

He takes in the elf's strange attire, and the fact that he's armed to the teeth, and eyes him warily. "You appear well armed. Do you always go about dressed so?"

Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

He bowed and looked to the drow who had just spoken. "It is so. I am called Nailo. Me and me blades are always together."
Gareth Ravenmantle
Regular

Post by Gareth Ravenmantle »

OOC: Scottish drow? Wouldn't this be better suited for a dwarf? lmao

IC: Gareth takes a walk over to his party and whispers.

"Be weary of people eager to join your party, especially when their people you've met underground and have known for all of 5 minutes."
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: LOL, I think he's just an elf. But that would be funny!

IC: "That goes without saying, I believe," he whispers back to Gareth. "Sir, I don't believe we've heard your name yet. this feindish looking fellow is Gareth, I am Lothir, and there we have our so-gracious host Nathree, and the Lady is- i'm sorry, i don't think I know yours, either..."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree gave Lothir a withering glance, "I am the oh so gracious host, I have yet to fry you all to a crisp."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

The bard glances sideways at Nathree, but merely rolls his eyes and says nothing....