Hard landing parte 2

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Elwyn shrugged, "Where I am from, nothing is wasted, for if it is wasted then the owner's sacrifice is in vain. Is that not disrespect to any person's world view?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

Post by Aylstra Illianniis »

He considers that for a moment, then shrugs. "Perhaps by a certain warped logic. Tell me, then- do you also eat your own dead? If not, is that not a waste, as well?" He smirks, knowing that he has caught the human in a trap of his own logic. If he says yes, then he is a cannibal, and if not, then he is wasteful. "Also, I notice you did not respond to my other statement." He says, smiling.
By the Dark Maiden''s grace do we meet. May she guide and protect us.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

A link to my tales, including my Marvel hero!:
http://mickeys-tavern.com/index.php?showforum=188
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"The dead? No, they are not eaten. They are used to guard the village. A cheap, yet effective army. Do you not also do this with your dead? Imagine, your colossal cities could be truly impenetrable fortresses if you raised the dead of Menzoberranzen no House would fight the other, since the battle between the smallest of the Houses would destroy the city." Elwyn shrugged, "In any case this debate cannot be settled until you have lived in the desert. We can just keep going circles, because to you, the desert may be on Nessus for all the chance you have of understanding it. The sanity of the desert is considered madness here, it seems. So to your other statement, I say no sane person, and yet all wise men do as I do."
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

He blinks at the other's blatant assumption. "What makes you think I've never been in a desert?" he asks, "Or known hunger or thirst? I have been on the surface long enough to have seen a great deal of not one, but two worlds. I spent weeks with no money for food or lodging in a hostile land where my people are hated, and was driven out of every place I went, and had to scrounge for any scrap of food I could find and sleep on the ground in the rain and sun. I have been lost in a barren wasteland, been separated from everything I knew, and you tell me I cannot understand life in a desert? That, my friend, is hypocrasy, but you are right. We could keep going in circles like this- though I admit to enjoying a good debate now and again- til the stars turn cold, but that is a waste of effort, it seems." He pauses for a moment, utterly frustrated by Elwyn's strange logic that seems to defy the norm.

"And no, not all wise men do as you do, or the world would be overrun by such toys. I'm not even certain a wise man would do such a thing, as he would know that others would likely find it a perversity of nature. All things are meant to die and rot away, to provide for those who come after. So, by depriving the land of those vital components for things to grow or feed on, does that not become a waste in itself? I'll admit that you make some sense in what you say about undead armies, but it has been done before on my home world by my own race- followers of the undead goddess, if I recall- when they invaded and destroyed an entire city of surface dwellers. They were cursed by the last defendeing priests of the city, never to set foot outside its walls even in death, for their trouble. It is a place of utter death and decay now, unfit for even animals to live. A complete waste, even by your standards. Besides, if one raised every drow who ever died, there would soon be no room left for the living! In the end, sir, only a god may wield true power, and even they have been known to fall."

OOC: I'm not trying to be argumentive here, just staying IC for him. He really does like to debate morals and ethics, if only to get others thinking about consequenses. It's his way of "converting" people without preaching directly about his faith.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Elwyn nodded, "Tis true, we both believe deeply in our morals, and confided our path to be the true one, therefor we will not be swayed frm our train o thoughts." He smiled, "Perhaps if we were not so stubborn." he laughed, and clapped Lothir on the back, "A good debate between comrades is always welcome." At which Nathree only shook his head, and sighed, "I take it you are done in my library?" He asked, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Unless you know of something else that might aid us in this quest?" he asks the wizard. "If not, then, yes, it would seem we are finished here. But where do we go from here?" He says, more to himself than anyone else.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Nathree shrugged, "Unless you know where you are off to, how can I help you? I could send you to a place that you might find interesting." He looked at Lothir, "A site of the collapse of a flying city of Netheril, you may find something useful, you may not. I have not been there for centuries, I can not guarantee anything."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

"Well, I suppose that's as good a place to start as any. It would seem we are wearing thin our welcome, so we should be off, then. And we're not getting any younger!" He quips, pointedly glancing at Nathree as he says the last. "To Nethril, then?" He looks around at the others, to see if they agree.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

"Ah, no, you indeed are not, and never will. But the spot I send you to is not Netheril itself. Mayhap you have heard of it, Mount Waterdeep? Specifically Skullport."

Zyeke
Aylstra Illianniis
Legend

OOC: Sorry it took so long, thought i had already replied. Eh, where's my mind at lately?

IC: He glances at Elwyn uncertainly. "Skullport? I've heard of it, but- Well, I suppose there's a first time for everything. Fine. Send us there, if you would, please."