The Art of Magic

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She stared at Eli in confusion as he got up and walked in a different direction. He wasn't making any sense, and, worst of all, he was turning away from the village. She smiled sweetly, "Are you sure? You couldn't have seen their faces clearly from this far, could you?" In truth, she did not know herself, but she was slowly being faced with a dilemma she did not want to have. If the child was killed because she'd left it and gone into this village, she'd have [i:3tte2scy]that[/i:3tte2scy] on her conscience, and right now she had more than enough to deal with on that level.

But what would she do? There was a village right there, eliminating her need for Eli. Yet she couldn't just leave him - especially with a Drow. She turned around, wondering what Zazzt was up to. She tried to turn towards the village beside them as they walked, "Maybe you just didn't look properly," she said again.

She looked up to see a black hawk land on a branch in front of them, but took little notice of it as her gaze slipped past it to the wood fence around the village. They were still far, but close enough that she could see a little opening in it.
This --->Image<--- is NOT a request.

Your hair is pretty like a tree.
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Post by NathreeDe'Shezbron »

Zazzt looked at the duo, and the village they were heading towards, unless Eli decided to turn around again... "What are you doing?" He sent to him telepathically, "Choose a village and stay there, gods take you, don't you have some sort of laboratory to get back to?"
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Eli
Maid
Maid

Post by Eli »

Eli grinned gleefully as he spotted the village, but his smile faded at the sound of Zazzt in his head. "Aye..." he mumbled back telepathically, "Where are you anyway, you great dolt? But I'm going to have to leave what I kept in that village behind. Instead of taking the time to earn the trust of the people of that village months ago, I simply morphed into an image they already knew. An innocent. A boy. Someone the townsfolk would easily divulge information to. Of course, I disposed of he and his family first, things could get confusing should there be two of the same child walking around..."

He growled loudly to himself, but hid it with a small, childish laugh, hoping Lilianna didn't catch it. "I guess they found their bodies. Identified them, somehow. I suppose the child used to be quite popular, they're simply furious about it. I don't see why. Death is just the end of the road, you know, a road we're all travelling."

Eli gave a sigh and a shrug, not particularly disturbed by the discovery. He could always transform into someone else to collect his items from his hideout later, but his magic was too low right now. It would be dangerous for him if the villagers found the 'walking dead' amongst them, especially tonight. They'd know for sure he was a shapeshifter. He'd have to try and create a potion from scratch in the new village in order to refuel.

"Here it is!" He sang softly as he and Lilianna approached the second village. "That was quite a walk, but I'm sure this is it! Let's go inside, shall we? I'm... sure father will be thrilled to see me."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt chuckled. To Eil, "Nay, tis simple human stupidity over children... I learned that long ago. You hurt a child, and suddenly you are viewed as a demon from the depths of the Abyss." He landed on a branch of the tree not far from the gates, and waited for the two to enter.
A fight need not end with the death of participant. A fight also ends when the desire to do violence is gone.

Zyeke
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

"I'm sure he will be." She looked around the village, noting the more strong-structured ones and ignoring the dilapidated shacks that were located towards the edges of the village. She looked at Eli from time to time, glancing at a house here and there, "Do you know the way back, now, child?" Close, now. All she had to do was get rid of him. She'd been fooling herself when she'd thought of getting a job here. This village barely had enough money - or food, for that matter, she noted as she passed by a gaunt woman with sunken cheeks and dark circles around her eyes - to stand by itself, let alone give her. As soon as the kid met his father, she'd be off, leaving this village and forgetting it ever existed.

The pain rose in her arm again, but she did no more than shift slightly. She was slowly getting used to it - it was just the first twinge she'd get in a day that would take her by surprise. Still, she realized that it did not go away as quick as it did anymore.

She found herself hoping that the child was some sorceror, and that he'd have a way of conjuring up an image of his father just so that she could pass him on and have a calm conscience. She quickened her pace, glancing from side to side as they passed into the residential areas of the village; time was not on her side anymore.

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt saw them enter, and flew past them, landing behind a building. He abandoned his hawkish form for the shape of a fairly tall emaciated human, wearing rags, making him appear similar to Eli, but taller, ad different colored eyes. He hobbled out from behind the building, making sure to appear weak, and seeing his Eli, exclaimed, "Son, this way, quickly, your mother has taken ill again." He spotted Lilianna, and waved at her with a grimy hand, "Please Milady, if you deign to step into my humble abode, I will share what meager supplies I have with you, perhaps you might even be able to assist my ailing wife."

Zyeke
Eli
Maid
Maid

Post by Eli »

"You great idiot!" Eli snapped internally, "I could have just taken control of a human couple's mind and masqueraded them as parents! That would take hardly any power at all, and I could have raided their home of items as well! Now we have to take this woman in- Do not take to aiding me unless I need it; and from you, I most certainly will never, [i:1frvg76u]ever[/i:1frvg76u] ask." He stuck his nose high. For one of such an old age, his disposition was still very bratty.

Suddenly his face turned sad, eyes widening, physically speaking in that small, childish voice. He may have been overdoing it a bit, but part of him was still sore about having his acting skills criticized. He felt the need to be the best at everything, no matter how little importance to him. "F-father!" Eli cried out bringing his hands to his mouth and running towards him. As soon as his face was out of the sight of Lilianna, he narrowed his eyes and grimaced, displaying two rows of sharp teeth. "I thought I'd never see you again."
NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt chuckled, "Oh come now, surely you will not begrudge your ailing father a few moments of fun?" He sent to Eli, "And besides, I highly doubt that she will draw the connection, the layers of illusion I have placed around me... you would be quite surprised, the first three layers have me looking as a human, and then I seem to be a finely dressed elven mage for the last 5."

Out loud he said, "Oh, my son, you have had me so worried, I feared that you would not return." He walked and placed a hand on his shoulder, steering him behind the building.

Zyeke
Arya Baenre
Resident

Post by Arya Baenre »

She inclined her head in an attempt to be respectful, hiding the disgusted curl of her lip. So this was his father, then? She shut out all thoughts of fakes and impersonators. If the child said this man was his father, then the child was right. She glanced behind Eli, to where she thought Zazzt was, although she hid her searching look, turning to look at the area. She had decided that this was no longer her problem - what the Drow did to the child, he did. She needed to be out of here, and now.

She shook her head at the old man, "You must forgive me, sir. I appreciate your hospitality, but I fear it is lost; I cannot do anything for your wife." Where in the Nine Hells had he gotten the idea that she could have? She frowned slightly, recalling mentioning something of that sort to the boy. Then this ...

She looked up at the old man and forced a smile, ignoring her thoughts. If she didn't make a move for it, she would be stuck here. "I really think I'd be intruding," she reiterated, inclining her head again. "Farewell." She touched Eli's shoulder and nodded, "You're safe now, child."

NathreeDe'Shezbron
Lord||Lady

Zazzt stepped forward, and the illusions over his face parted, but in such a way so as to be invisible to all but Lilianna, "Come, you must stay, I believe that there is much we could all accomplish," To all but Lilianna, it would seem that the face of the human was turned down, the picture of distraught servitude, "I believe that you believe my past claims to the doubtful nature of this child?" To Eli he sent, "Allow your face to slip a little, if she leaves all our work here will be tedious boredom."

Zyeke