Ancient heritage, modern Problems (D20 Modern) [Campaign]

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"We haven't the time to spare. Girl, come with us, we can keep you safer than wandering about." she said, her words gruff, her tone caring, her voice soft. "We are like you, and we are just about to look at a place we can hide in."

pauses

"How old are you?"
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

she sniffles "Im only 7 but I'll do what I can to help you best I can" she says resolved.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"Too young to yield a sword, perhaps dagger or something else? It shouldn't come to that, but we never know. Any ideas John?" she asked, probably seeming rather rude talking about someone in third person right in front of them.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

John "she should just stay back when we see a fight she'd be of negligible use I fear.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"I suppose so, we shouldn't run into much anyway." she said, "Alright, stick close and we'll protect you." she responded.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

nods

you find the mine it still has old tracks on it for ore carts... its dusky and damp. girl says "Its cold here..."

up ahead you spot 3 orcs hanging together they are hanging around and dont seem to see you yet...
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

She didn't bother offering any option, tapping John on the shoulder and waving towards the enemy, holding her sword up with her left hand as she motioned for the girl to back up, waiting for him to take the first move, since he did have the crossbow.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

THe orc falls down from Johns bolt, the other two orcs growl "DROW DESTROY THEM!!!"
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

Elizibeth runs towards the closest Orc, her sword held tightly, making a quick slash through him, nicking an important blood channel and jumping backwards to avoid blood sprays.

[i:1516aeo7]~I really do wish she didn't have to see this...~[/i:1516aeo7]
Nedylene Rahn
Maid
Maid

Post by Nedylene Rahn »

The other orcs in the Army Surplus store see descretion is the better part of valor and drop their loot and run. The second in charge of the gang becomes an idiot. He makes for Elfie using a looted shotgun as a club.

Like her father taught her she aims center of mass and fires her crossbow. The bolt pierces his heart and the orc stumbles forward landing at her feet dead. She cocks and reloads the crossbow again. Then she places it on the counter.

Now she goes over to Mr. Steiner and sees to his wounds. Afterwards she will try to recover her bolts.
:) The Light of the Night Above is our true home. Leave your dark ways and join us in Eilistraee's Light.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

John Shoots a crossbow bolt it goes through the las torc and it falls down the girls breathing a bit sad...

"Im sorry I wasnt much help she says

then she asks chipper "so what to do now? how should we redecorate the mine?" smiles
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"Good, I'm glad we've done that... hopefully we won't have too many other things attack us." she said smiling.

"Honey, it's okay, there's not much you could have done. You're, probably not old enough, in case they attack you, and I'm sorry you had to see that." she said.

"Well we need some light, but not natural light, and probably not much light." she started, looking around.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

the girl pauses and sings... theirs something deeply... compelling and MOVING about her song... "Kiranstalian Reiskal Bendarikaltrial..." she finishs and s small globe of light appears in front of you

she pause "it will only be here a few minutes... "

Johns taken aback "how... how did you do that?"

she shakes her head "I just new the song"
Bergeth'fryn
Regular

Post by Bergeth'fryn »

"Of course you did!" Bergeth'fryn, a drow yells from the window. "There has been a tear in the time-space continuum and even as we speak this plane and that of the Demonweb Pits are colliding!" He looked around, smiled and shook his head. "Did you guys never read any Forgotten Realms? We're all drow-ified and such! This is awesome!"
Back home, we used to eat those things you call nightmares.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"Well, looks like one of us can do something non-violent." she said smiling. "Let's look around then."