Ancient heritage, modern Problems (D20 Modern) [Campaign]

Above all the Chosen are a roleplaying group, and this forum is the place to do just that. All posts are expected to be in character except when specifically noted otherwise. A few rules to keep it fun for everyone are posted within, please read them before posting. Otherwise we encourage everyone to participate. Please keep the out-of character discussions to the Out Of Character forum.

Moderators: Shir'le E. Illios, Bhaern Quel

Kirintha the Fair
Regular

Ancient heritage, modern Problems (D20 Modern) [Campaign]

Post by Kirintha the Fair »

This game is a slight modification of D20 Moderns Urban arcana Setting... Its set in the real world (or a slight alteration to it) around modern times... millenia ago 'something' happened and all the magical races died out, or left earth... leaving the world to the humans mundane and boring... but some of the blood of the supernatural races remains...

something happens in the start of the game causing descendents of various magical creatures to transmute into them... including into drow.

I like this option because it provides a sense of self discovery, and because it allows you to have been born in the modern world.

Rules: Am only wanting chars in their teens (13-16 or so) and have a definite preference for Female PC's for this game.

Also I want the Chars to be linked together if by nothing else then by their schooling. and possibly preexisting personal familiarity.

I will NOT use any of the modificatinos listed in D20 modern for such chars though, as it describes the basic premise of this game.

Also I will NOT be using Level adjustment nor will I accept nondrow chars.

I will consider accepting chars with the Exalted feats from Book of Exalted deeds. but get my permission before taking one.

Am looking forward to applications!

(Moderator edit to subject line only)
Last edited by Kirintha the Fair on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

your life in school is normal enough but for the past few weeks you have felt very little purpose... you go to an all girls catholic school currently... and now get otu of school feeling exhausted once you were filled with energy but last 2 months you've known something terrible and wonderful both will soon happen.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

Elizibeth sighed slowly as she walked out of the school. [i:31pq756b]~I used to have some purpose, some goal, some motivation. What happened to me?~[/i:31pq756b] she thought, yawning slowly. "Ahh, I better try and make it home rather quickly." she mumbled, walking home slowly.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

when she gets home her fathers working on things her mother sighs "Eliziebith we need to talk. Alone" she says sternly...
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"I.... What's this about?" she asked her mother innocently, using a hand to brush some hair out of her face nervously; really not sure what she wanted. "Alright Mom, where to, upstairs?" she responded, knowing with her mother's tone there was no chance of avoiding it.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

She goes upstairs and says "young lady I got a call from the school today your grades are dropping and your acting withdrawn and odd, and arent paying attentio nin class" pauses

"is something the matter?"
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

She again repeated moving hair out of her face, even when it wasn't in her vision. "There's nothing wrong Mum" she said, then added quietly ", nothing that you can do anything about." and sighing. "I don't know." she added a moment later, hoping it made any sense to her own Mother.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

frowns "young lady, do I need to take you over my knee?" sounding like shes prepared to do just that...
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"No.. no, please don't do that." Elizibeth answered hurriedly, "I know there's something wrong, and I want to do something about it so I can be good in school again, I just don't know what it is." she added, just as rushed.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

"If your GPA drops another pont you go straight over my lap, as it is your grounded till you raise it back to a B at least understood?" she says sternly.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

"That's not fair... How am I supposed to fix something when I don't know what's wrong?" she asked, sounding offended. "Mom, if I knew why I felt so crappy, I'd tell you, and I'd fix it, but I don't know what's wrong with me!" she adding, staring at her mother now in confusion, and slight anger. [i:c6h1xabb]~I can't believe she's blaming me for this...~[/i:c6h1xabb] she thought.
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

she pauses "just work on improving you scores" and goes...

after studying a bit and improving your understanding of the texts she drifts off to sleep... your dream is tortured... and painful... yet you see sureal beauty too... you see a catacylsm and remember dieing for lack.... of your not sure what... "

you bolt up in bed in the middle of the night mama didnt even try bringing you for dinner or maybe she couldnt wake you.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

Elizibeth stared off at nothing at all, trying to figure out what she just saw. [i:2sr0qvjh]~That makes little sense, there must be some.. some relation to something? What.. what? I.. what happened to me?~[/i:2sr0qvjh] she thinks to herself, looking around ant noticing it's night time. "That was.. wow?" says quietly, rather confused.[/i]
Kirintha the Fair
Regular

you have no answer

and say on the way to school some men are looking at you strangely you know its because of your uniform, yet it doesnt BOTHER you the same way it did before... your not sure why... if anything you feel a slight ANGER a them turning their feelings on YOU rather then someone else.
TomoyoH
Maid
Maid

Post by TomoyoH »

[i:dmmv4wih]Well what the hell, why do they have to bug on me for wearing this?[/i:dmmv4wih] thinks, changing direction to end closer to them, staring quite evily at those that stared at her only moments ago.